Atlantic Caterers, Inc. Reviews

311 | Baltimore, MD

311 Reviews for Atlantic Caterers, Inc.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Ginger

Ginger · Getting married on 05/16/2020

great food. great options

I used this vendor at my previous job and was very pleased so I contacted them and spoke to someone about my options for our wedding. they worked with me and were a great help in choosing my options and what best fit our budget. I cant wait to see what they do for our special day.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing food and great service!

Atlantic Caterers was everything we could have asked for in a caterer! They went above and beyond to basically set up our entire wedding and make sure everything went smoothly. We worked with Meghan for our entire planning process, and she was great and very on top of things. I was confident she would make sure everything went right. Unfortunately, Meghan went on vacation on our wedding date, which made me very nervous since she was the person I had been planning with this whole time. HOWEVER, the owner, Carl, ran our wedding and did an absolutely amazing job. He was so attentive and personable. They set everything up for us and it was everything I had envisioned. All of our guests raved about the food and service, saying it was the best service they had ever received from caterers at a wedding. Everything we tasted was delicious and we were so happy with how all of the food turned out. The Seafood Newburg was a huge hit! Atlantic Caterers was a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Morgan · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing and PERFECT

The perfect place with the most amazing staff. Made our day magical!!!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Natalie · Married on 10/20/2018

10/20 Wedding

I can’t say enough about Meghan and Atlantic catering. Our venue made things very difficult, but Meghan went out of her way to make the process as easy and carefree for us as possible! She was on top of things, very detailed, and made sure everything was perfect. She made sure the event ran smoothly from start to finish- and wasn’t afraid to keep things moving it we started to get off schedule. She really helped to make this event possible!

Not only that- the food is amazing! Every guest I talked too raved about the food. They served everyone in a quick and efficient manner without being obtrusive to the event. Their staff made sure my husband and I had what we needed at all times. They’re the epitome of professional and perfection.

I can’t recommebd them enough.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Kaitlan

Kaitlan · Married on 09/22/2018

Great food!

I can't say enough good things about Raoul and the rest of the staff who catered our September 22, 2018 wedding! Raoul was constantly in contact with my husband and I, even responding to my frantic emails at 5am the day before the wedding, to ensure that the food on our big day would be exactly what we wanted. The day of the wedding, Raoul and his staff were friendly, welcoming and professional. The food was not only delicious, but presented beautifully and we have heard so many great things about it from our guests.

Sent on 12/21/2018

Allison · Married on 09/08/2018

I can't begin to express how much grateful we are to Meghan and Atlantic Catering. From the first time we met Meghan we knew she was going to be a powerhouse who could get anything done. What we didn't know is that she not only would provide food and drinks for everyone, but she also served as a pseudo day-of coordinator! Meghan was AMAZING! From organizing folks to start the ceremony to switching decorations last minute when our cocktail hour got rained out to packing up our centerpieces and helping with clean up--We literally don't know how we could have pulled this wedding off without her. She was honest, reliable, and very down to earth throughout the whole process. She felt like she belonged at the party with our family, not just working it!
    The food was delicious, we had SO much of it, the bartenders were great, and Meghan was our fearless leader! We would use Atlantic and Meghan again and again and cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Emily

Emily Treuth · Married on 08/25/2018

Excellent caterer!

I really enjoyed working with Atlantic. I received their contact info via a list of preferred vendors provided by the venue (the Howard County Conservancy). When I called, I was immediately transferred to Raoul and we began to discuss my vision for the day. He is very familiar with the Conservancy and its quirks/needs and also participates in their annual "Wine in the Garden" fundraising event. After our initial telephone conversation, Raoul immediately sent me quotes via email along with entrée, hors devours, and side options (the hors devours list is seven! pages long) He was extremely responsive throughout the entire planning process. I believe Atlantic is a family owned business, and I could tell the entire team was dedicated to high quality food and customer service.

Additionally, I could not attend Atlantic's public tasting event, so Raoul organized a private tasting for me and my mother at Atlantic's facility. We were blown away by the tasting, both at the quality of the food and the portion sizes. The portions were so generous that we were both able to take plates home, so my husband and stepfather got to try the full menu as well.

Raoul personally did a venue walkthrough with myself and our day-of coordinator two weeks before the wedding. He was very thorough, and I felt very reassured after that my vision would be executed. He also was present at the reception and went around to each table after dinner had been served to check in with our guests re: the food. Again, the portions were amazing - the plates could not fit any more on them! Our guests have commented on how delicious the food was, the portion sizes, and how impressed they were that Raoul came to each table individually (even more impressed when I told them he's the owner!).

Atlantic is a full service caterer, so they coordinated our linens and chair rentals and provided a licensed bartender. They also provided beautiful centerpieces for their service tables and the tables we used for cocktail hour, as well as a gorgeous cake stand based on our color palette (flowers and cake stand at no extra cost to us). Another interesting detail is that they have wholesale arrangements with several bakeries, including Sugar Bakers, which made my cake selection process very easy!

I would recommend Atlantic for any couple and any venue, but ESPECIALLY if you are having your reception at the Conservancy! Their commitment to great food and service was so very appreciated by me and all our guests, and I cannot speak highly enough of Raoul and his team.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Jordan · Married on 08/02/2018

Atlantic Caterers created an amazing meal for our wedding! We had a steamed crab feast along with prime rib and all the fixings! Ral was very accommodating with all of our personalizations and requests for the menu! He even organized all the venue extras, such as curtains, tables, linens, etc. so that we wouldn't have to go through yet another vendor. He also personally saved food for my husband and I and made sure we had at least something to eat our wedding night. And we were able to take home leftovers!! Our guests were very pleased with the flavors and variety of options, and all of it came at a great value! We would highly recommend Atlantic Caterers as they go above and beyond every step of the way to make your wedding day extraordinary!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Bridgette · Married on 06/15/2018

Atlantic Caterers was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our guests have continued to thank us and comment on the quality of the food and overall event. Kristin Olsson in particular was incredible. She worked tirelessly and made our big day even more than we expected. Her vision and execution of the event was flawless, and her professionalism throughout the planning process was reassuring to us. We trusted all along that we were in good hands, and we were right.

Sent on 06/13/2010
  • Shelley

Shelley · Married on 05/19/2018

I can't say enough about Raoul and the team at Atlantic. We use Atlantic for my company functions, so I knew the quality of their service and food. I knew I wanted to use them for my wedding! I was able to fully trust them on executing the vision for my food for the day. Raoul even felt like family by the end! The quality of food is amazing and I even had several guest comment on the fact that it's the best wedding food they ever had! You won't be disappointed by hiring Atlantic Catering!

Sent on 06/02/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 06/24/2017

Will have to update after the wedding but our experience so far has been unparalleled compared to other vendors. We got an immediate reply and was the most affordable quote by far with the best menu options. They were so down to earth- they actually said we try to keep our costs affordable because we know it is about the marriage not the day. Also giving us reasonable prices for children versus adults. Would highly recommend Atlantic Caterers to ANYONE!

Sent on 03/07/2017

I have not had any direct services from this company. However, Kristin, has helped me so much in my wedding planning even when I said I would have to think about hiring her company or not. She emailed me back with answers to my questions in a very timely fashion. She even sent me a wedding planning book that she wrote for her daughter when she was getting married which has helped me SO much. Her prices are great and her helpfulness is so much more. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Kathy · Married on 02/18/2017

I can't say enough about the outstanding staff and service that Atlantic Caterers has been. For all of our events, from 30 to 300 guests they give 110% to may the day memorable!! Attention to details are second to none!! They have always gone above and beyond our wildest expectations. From asking the wait staff to wear tropical print shirt to putting the dessert parfait in our personalized glasses. Then washing the glasses for the guests to take home with them. They were ready and willing to make our vision a reality!! Thanks again for making our day memorable.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

Atlantic Caterers catered our wedding at the B&O Railroad Museum on 10/22/16. Raoul was our contact person. We loved working with him! Everything was even more perfect at our wedding than we could have imagined. I was able to relax the day of the wedding because I knew everything was in such good hands. The food was awesome (our guests especially raved about the appetizers: crab dip, crab balls, pigs in a blanket, and after dinner coffee). Portions were huge! Dinner was served hot, which was quite a feat considering the B&O has no kitchen in-house. Raoul and his team also assembled several tables (guestbook, wish you were here table, photo booth props, cake table) at the wedding and executed them exactly as I had wanted and per my instructions. Raoul brought the friendliest/most helpful staff. Our guests even commented on how friendly and fun the staff were. Raoul personally went around to every table to greet our guests and to ask how the food was, which everyone thought was so nice. This did not go unnoticed and made our wedding even more of a family affair! We were quite impressed!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Nick · Married on 04/16/2016

Ral was amazing and the steak was phenomenal!!

Sent on 04/16/2016

Tuesday · Married on 03/19/2016

We just want to thank the whole Atlantic Caterers team for making our wedding and reception the best day of our lives. We were so so impressed by literally everything they accomplished. People are still raving about the food. Everyone was so entertained watching them flip the room so quickly (we used the same room for wedding and dinner/dancing). The bar service was awesome. The setup looked great. The food- we must say again- was so good. And the staff- so friendly and professional. Everyone was so efficient. We felt like things just happened so quickly and flawlessly. We found ourselves wondering - when did that happen? How did they do that without us noticing? The linens and the setup looked great. We liked the way they did the napkins! And we noticed the floral arrangements they added and the silver linens they used on our head table. Everything just looked great. We can go on and on. They were flexible with everything. Kristin Olsson really knows what she is doing and we thank her for working so hard to make our day perfect. Thanks to the owners who came as well - you guys are running a fantastic operation.

Atlantic was also so reasonable and extremely effective. They provided the food, linens, glassware, flatware, and set up our wedding, ran the cocktail reception, then set up our dinner tables. They basically did everything and really fit our budget. Our guest count expanded from 180 to 250 and they were able to accommodate having guests seated downstairs and upstairs in our venue, the Preston Room. What a great team.

We were just so impressed and knew that we made the right decision to work with Atlantic. Their work was the core of making the whole day happen and it wouldn't have been possible without them. We will be using Atlantic Caterers again!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Kristin from Atlantic catering made our wedding the huge success it was. Guests raved over the food and how attentive the staff from Atlantic was. Kristin answered all of our questions, gave us her cell phone to call with any concerns, went to our cake tasting, and helped us along the way.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Amber · Married on 10/03/2015

Kristin and the entire team at Atlantic Caterers were absolutely wonderful! Kristin went above and beyond to help us feel comfortable with our choices and helped ensure things ran smoothly on the day of our wedding. Everyone loved the food, and they made everything look great!

Sent on 01/07/2016

tabetha · Married on 09/19/2015

I personally worked with Sylvia to set everything for my wedding day. She was wonderful to work with, and made things so easy. All of the staff at my wedding that day was fanstastic. So happy to see everyone enjoy themselves, and from what we saw and were able to taste everything was delicious. I like the fact that Atlantic includes almost everything into their price, rather than adding everything separately.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Carin · Married on 07/18/2015

Without a doubt Atlantic Caterers were the best in every way!! Kristin was amazing! She was our planner/caterer in one! I couldn't have asked for a better night! The food was amazing!!! They even incorportaded my moms recipe into one of the horderves!! You would be crazy not to select Atlantic Caterers Inc!!!!! Worth every penny!!!

Sent on 03/12/2009

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

Atlantic Caterers were amazing!!! The food was amazing!!! So many guests came up to us afterwards raving about the food. Raoul was great! He checked in with use several times in the night making sure everything was working out smoothly. Raoul was very detailed oriented and made sure if I had anything for the tables or little favors, it was taken care of! He even made sure we sat down and had time to eat, I'm a huge foodie, so I really appreciated that:) I'm recommending them to all my friends who are getting married!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Megan · Married on 05/30/2015

You would be crazy not to go with Atlantic Caterers for your event! Mr. Raul is wonderful. Their food is absolutely outstanding. Nothing is worse than getting bland, generic food at a wedding- this will not be the case if you go with Atlantic. We had crab cakes, carved beef, seafood newburg, and various other items. The crabcakes were seriously nothing but lump crab meat and the seafood newburg also had huge shrimp and lump crab meat. The beef was juicy and seasoned perfectly. Our guests could not stop commenting on the food! Would highly recommend Atlantic Caterers!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Dean · Married on 04/04/2015

The event exceeded our expectations and our daughter was thrilled with the results. Kristin Olsson was a joy to work with, made many valuable suggestions and was extrely accommodating in dealing with last minute issues. We are very grateful for all of the efforts and special attention that we received from Kristin and all of the Atlantic staff and thank everyone for a memorable reception!

Sent on 04/24/2015

Working with Kristin Olsson from Atlantic Caterers was a dream come true! She made all the days leading up to the wedding stress-free and made the day totally magical. The Atlantic Caterers Chef customized our menu to suit our needs and everything tasted absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Atlantic Caterers!

Sent on 04/20/2015