31 Reviews for Ate O Ate Catering

Southwestern (1)
Spanish (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
31 Ate O Ate Catering Reviews

There are not enough wonderful things I could say about Peg and her team. Her attention to detail, her commitment to making the day your absolute dream is exactly what every caterer and vendor for that matter, should strive for. Peg made sure from the moment we first talked to truly understand the day we were looking for, for our wedding, not only just what we wanted in food, but in every aspect, so she understood us as a couple. She invites you up to do a tasting which she does in a way to give you an experience of what to expect on your big day. Peg is accommodating, she is professional, she KNOWS HER STUFF, and she makes absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD food. We are so lucky to of had her and her team with us on our wedding day, they did such a fantastic job, and no detail was left undone. Peg is so responsive, and willing to help you plan every detail to make sure the day runs as smoothly as possible. There is nothing worse than a wedding with terrible food, and our guests are STILL talking about how wonderful and delicious everything was. Thank you Peg, we could not have been happier, or luckier to have you with us for our wedding.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/25/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, American, BBQ, Italian, Local, Mediterranean, Sandwiches, Southwestern, Spanish, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

Peg and Rich of Ate o Ate do great work. We hired them for our recent wedding and they were flexible and helpful. Many guests noted how fantastic the food was, especially the chicken in a lemon chive pan sauce, the farro salad, and the short ribs. No mediocre wedding food here - your guests will eat well and enjoy themselves. The staff is helpful and friendly and will make sure the bride and groom actually eat by bringing you appetizers during your family photos! I can’t say enough good things about them.

Also - they have an in house baker they work with who made a truly spectacular wedding cake for us!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the moment we hired Ate-O-Ate until the end of our wedding day, everything was perfect! Peg worked hand-in-hand with us before our contract was even signed. Ate-O-Ate was truly the best choice for us and our wedding. We had three amazing food tastings, which Peg worked with us amazingly to organize because we live three hours away. She was even all smiles when we had to bring our dog to one of them and he was not the most cooperative. All of the tastings were unbelievable. The food was fresh, plated amazingly, and it felt as though we were family coming into her house for a holiday meal. While Peg and Rich are truly amazing, Heidi who is part of the Ate-O-Ate staff is the best as well! We had one of our food tastings with her and not only was she very informative but also so sweet! We were able to pick and choose from a large list of their fresh food for our cocktail hour and dinner. My favorite food is tuna tar-tar and I was able to get that as an appetizer for cocktail hour. My husband and I decided to extend our cocktail hour for our wedding but were met with transportation issues. What we wanted to be over an hour cocktail hour got cut short because of our transportation company, High Esprit De Corps. This was no fault of Ate-O-Ate however, they truly saved the day. Heidi came right up to us after the ceremony and did everything in her power to make the cocktail hour run smoothly. Ate-O-Ate was able to change their whole plan in order for us to have the best possible day. From the moment the food arrived until dessert, everything went perfect! Not only was the food staff amazing but the bartenders were great as well! We had a big drinking crew and there was never a line for drinks. We hired two bartenders to stay for two extra hours and they were awesome! I would highly recommend Ate-O-Ate caterers to anyone looking for unbelievable food and incomparable service. Thank you for everything and we hope to stay in touch!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Peg (and Rich, although I don't think we ever met him in person!!) were lifesavers in the whole wedding process!! They were so quick to email back, and always made us feel like things were under control - an important part of keeping us stress-free! All of our tastings were amazing and the food was also excellent at the wedding - people have mentioned how impressed they were with the food a number of times. Peg was also really good about explaining what the different options were and whether it was cost effective or not, which as wedding planning newbies, made our life so much easier.

Overall, we are so happy with our decision to hire Ate o Ate - one of the best we made throughout the wedding planning!!! One word of warning - they get booked up early, so start talking to them as quickly as you can! My sister who also got married up there in 2015 wasn't able to book them, even with a year's notice, so we were prepared this time and reached out a year and a half early, and still had other people asking about our date!

Thanks again Peg and to your whole team!!!

Profile Picture Marie, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg and her team are top notch! She guided us through what rentals we needed, responded in a timely and professional manner, and really put my mind at ease. She accommodated some special dietary needs we had too. I recommend them completely- I honestly slept better at night knowing that she was on the job!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg and Rich were amazing to work with and there food was delicious and beautifully presented! couldn't have been happier with how everything came together. Peg was extremely helpful in organizing other venders ie. linens and tableware. My wedding would have been a completely different experience for my guests if it wasn't for Peg! Ate O' Ate is the best!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg and her crew went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our June wedding! They were a pleasure to work with! Highly recommended!! Oh, and their food was phenomenal too! So tasty!

Profile Picture Tina, 6/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Ate O Ate catered our wedding and it was the best catered food I’ve ever had. Peg was great to work with and created a custom menu of mediterranean/middle eastern food for us. The lamb lollipops were out of this world, everything was so fresh and tasty. The whole team was great and even though it was muddy and rainy they rallied and we had a great day. Our guests raved about the food. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Where to begin! :) Working with Ate O Ate was absolutely wonderful from start to finish! From my first inquiry (which Peg answered instantly) I knew they were the ones! Peg was the first caterer we spoke to that actually made me feel like a human planning a wedding and not just a number on a spreadsheet. She was completely flexible with us, from our ideas to our budget and what we wanted to achieve. We threw her a wild card by wanting a '20's themed wedding with dinner served ala russe and they completely delivered & blew us away! Not only did Peg take the time to be available via phone, email, facetime, etc, but she made several site visits to our venue that was 1.5 away from her to be sure it'd all be be good to go. Peg & Rich also invited both sets of our parents to our 2nd tasting (which are held in their home) and made the whole experience feel so special!

She went above and beyond to coordinate all the rentals and helped us plan down to the last logistical detail. I have a hard time letting go of control and the instant I met Peg my family and I felt completely at ease and knew they would completely rock it. We had the reuben fritters, crab wontons, and pork meatballs, as well as braised short ribs, butternut squash lasagna, bourbon chicken, and mashed potatoes with roasted asparagus. Our guests raved about being able to indulge in all the options and I still get people asking me if I can get the recipe for that lasagna.

The staff was all completely wonderful and I had several people tell me how friendly, helpful, and happy they were throughout the whole night. I think one of our drunken friends asked for a corndog midway through dinner (it was the kids meal) and the whole table erupted into cheers when they came back with one!

If you are looking for a caterer who will make you feel like you are family, who will deliver on their word, make the process smooth, and who will keep your guests talking about the food for months afterwards- BOOK THEM NOW :)

Photos
Profile Picture Lauren, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg, Rich and the whole team at Ate O Ate made our wedding day perfection!! They are responsive, attentive and just good people! The food was incredible and our friends/family could not stop complimenting. They brought us our bites from cocktail hour during our photos and even brought over drinks for us to enjoy! It was an absolute pleasure working with them! They really do go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect, I never stressed. Peg was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. They even replicated my grandmother's cake recipe which was so special!! I highly recommend using them for any event and hope to work with them again!!

Profile Picture Dan, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, American, Local, Southern, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Lactose Free

Working with Peg and Rich means you become part of the Ate O Ate family. We felt so comfortable from day one, and enjoyed working with Ate O Ate to ensure our menu, drinks, service and presentation were just right. All of Ate O Ate’s food is delicious—we had a blast tasting many of the offerings and it was truly difficult to finalize our menu because we wanted everything!

On the big day, the team delivered a meal greater than our wildest dreams. Every detail was perfect—from food that accommodated guests’ dietary restrictions to Peg making sure we got a taste of everything while we ran around to take photos—we felt so taken care of. Our guests too are still raving about how helpful and kind the staff was during our reception.

Peg, Rich and the entire Ate O Ate team are truly the best of the best!

Profile Picture Grant, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg and her team were an absolutely dream to work with. From the moment we met at our first tasting, Peg treated us as though we were family enjoying a delicious meal in her home. Every step of the way Peg was there to guide us and give us advice about not only our menu, but every aspect of our special day. On the day of our wedding we were treated like a king and queen. Peg ensured that while we took our formal photos a member of her team brought us a platter from our cocktail hour! No detail was overlooked the entire evening. The bar staff did an incredible job serving up our signature cocktail and ensuring that guests did not have to wait for a drink. Upon being served dinner our guests raved about every single selection, and not one individual left without a fully satisfied stomach! For dessert Peg dazzled with the most amazing dessert table. From our perfectly frosted "naked cake" to our mini mason jar desserts, each guests' sugary dreams came true! We truly had the time of our lives, and we highly recommend Peg & the AteoAte team for not only weddings but any catered event. They go above and beyond to make sure every detail is executed perfectly and with a warm smile on their faces!

Profile Picture Christine, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg at Ate O Ate catering is AMAZING. She is so easy to work work with and responds quickly via email which trust me is something you need when you're getting down to the wire. She was absolutely my favorite vendor at my wedding and I don't say that lightly because I had some awesome vendors. This review is on a scale from 1 to 5 but believe me she deserves a 10 in all categories - above and beyond. We had rave reviews about the food all night, both appetizers and main courses. Everything was timed perfectly and the wait staff was professional and friendly to our guests. I highly recommend Ate O Ate if you can get them!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

It was such a delight to work with Peg, Rich, and staff throughout the wedding planning process. Since day one they were extremely accommodating, kind, paitent and professional. They took times out of their busy schedules to meet with my husband alongside our families to discuss our menu and taste their wonderful and delcious dishes on more than one occasion. On top of their professionalism their food is incredible and you will leave wanting more! You can guarantee when Ate O Ate caters your wedding or any event you will be having one of the best meals and your guests will be raving about the food for weeks after! Try the Rueben fritters you won't regret it, to die for!

Profile Picture Dana, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had a taco truck wedding with this vendor and everything was wonderful. We got four different types of tacos, Mexican salad, and chips and guacamole. The tacos were unlimited for 3 hours. I loved the way this was a local vendor who you can tell really works within their community. The food was amazing, and very reasonably priced. The people working at the food truck ensured that we (the bride and groom) got to eat, and then checked in with us before they left, and gave us a togo box so we could eat later too. The tasting was delightful and Peg really works with you to make sure you're getting the menu you want. Also- the kids meals were perfect, and even included play-doh to keep them occupied! The few things that were not great: they ran out of tortilla chips, which is not a big deal, but you'd think would be easy enough to avoid. Also, I had discussed with them having corn tortillas as an option, in addition to flour tortillas (I'm from California, and knew that a lot of my people would opt for corn). This was partially my fault because I confirmed the menu without seeing anything about tortillas written (I assumed that our conversations were enough), but there were no corn tortillas on the day of. So just make sure that you are careful to write everything out in email confirmations. [edited after initial posting: Corn tortillas actually were available, however, I guess that was a miscommunication/misassumption on my part- I thought that flour or corn would be either on the menu or offered when someone ordered, not just available if someone asked.] Finally, I had asked about a week before who would be staffing the food truck, and they told me that Peg and Rich (the owners/chefs) would be there, in addition to other staff. On the day of the wedding, they were not there. [edit: Rich was there]. This did not present any problem, but it would have been better if that had been communicated. Overall though, this was an excellent caterer that I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We cannot rave enough about Peg and Rich. From the very beginning, they welcomed us into their home to try their delicious food and were incredibly warm, thoughtful while building our menu and professional through the entire wedding planning. There are so many good things to say I'm not even sure where to start but I'll go with the food first-
We wanted to do family style for our wedding dinner and Peg was on top of it from day one. She suggested a butternut squash lasagna and, even after my husband and I both were like "eh, we don't really like butternut squash" she insisted we try it. It blew us away. We went with this for our main dish and our guests are still talking about it. I cannot recommend it enough!
In addition, we wanted to have our entire wedding be Vegetarian...which a lot of chefs don't do a great job with. Peg and Rich helped us come up with the most inventive and delicious menu all without meat. They put so much care and thought into what would make the most sense to serve. We were beyond impressed, as were our guests. We had savory crepes, almond encrusted jarlsberg, grilled asparagus, strawberry shortcake, and the list goes on. Our menu was perfect. The food was served perfectly. We have been to soooo many weddings were the food was pretty blah and you could tell not much thought was put into it....this is not Ate O Ate.
Aside from their incredible food, Peg has the most wonderful staff. They were so professional, kind and it was clear they had a lot of respect for Peg and Rich and took pride in their job. Even when it started to rain on our outdoor dinner, they were smiling and still having fun while helping the guests get indoors and getting drinks/food over to us. We are so grateful for all their hard work.
Lastly, I have to thank Peg for helping me do the rentals order. Being that this was our first wedding and first event ever of this size, we had no idea where to begin. Peg walked us through the whole process. You guys are the best!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ate-O-Ate provided catering for our June 2-3 2017 wedding weekend. Peg, Rich, and their crew were all excellent and we cannot recommend them highly enough! Peg worked with my husband and me throughout the process not only to plan food and specialty cocktail menus for both our rehearsal dinner, cocktail hour, and reception that fit our budget and taste, but also did all of the leg work for the necessary rentals for both of our events (which saved us a TON of frustration and stress), to help us find other vendors, and to flexibly work around our schedule for tastings. The versatility of their menu is impressive! For our rehearsal dinner, we did a BBQ menu and our guests were floored by how delicious the entire menu was (even our Southern guests who had high expectations for BBQ were pleased!). For our reception, Peg and Rich worked with us to create a menu that was delicious, unique (e.g., watermelon gazpacho starter), and had something for our many guests with dietary restrictions. We have gotten so many compliments on the food at our wedding! Overall, Peg and Rich went above and beyond for us and choosing them as caterers was one of our best decisions made throughout our wedding planning ?? We will miss working with them!

Profile Picture Brianna, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We love ateOate! Every moment of working with them was a joy and their food is absolutely delicious! Peg, Rich and their staff are quite simply the very best there is! We love them!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Peg, Rich, and the staff always go the extra mile to make sure their food no only tastes great, but looks like a work of art. Their staff has been with them for years and are perfectly trained to provide excellent service and always with a smile. They are a pleasure to work with at any wedding! If they are catering, I can be sure that my staff and I will have a wonderful meal!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wow, wow, wow! Ate O Ate, Peg, Rich and their entire staff absolutely knocked it out of the park and made our already incredible wedding weekend over the top. We looked into many other caterers in the area but as soon as we spoke to Peg, we didn't look any further! Their diverse and delicious menu using seasonal & local produce and farm to table style combined with Peg's warmth and professionalism completely won us over. Throughout the entire planning process, Peg was available and timely in her responses which made a stressful time much easier and truly enjoyable. She went above and beyond her call of duty and helped with planning and organizing as well. We hired Ate O Ate to cater our Friday night welcome dinner and Saturday night reception. Friday night was "off the truck" serving a variety of gourmet sandwiches, slaw, mac & cheese and fries. For our reception, Ate O Ate served family style food - everything from butternut squash lasagna to braised grass-fed short ribs. Our guests have not stopped raving about the service, the catering staff, their attention to detail and quality of service and of course, the food, saying it was the best wedding food they've ever had! We couldn't agree more! They were also able to accommodate our guests with food allergies, which was greatly appreciated by all.

We can't say enough about Ate O Ate and would highly recommend them to all foodies out there who appreciate professionalism, creativity, attention to detail, and fabulous food!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Local, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink

We used Ate.O.Ate for our rehearsal dinner and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out! We did a tapas style menu - we used some of their suggested dishes and they made some new items that we suggested to them. Everything was delicious and our guests couldn't stop raving about the food. Peg and Rich weren't able to attend the event, but they came over the day before with Rieley and the rest of the team to make sure everything was good to go for the event. They are all super sweet and made the event amazing. I would definitely recommend them for any event!! :)

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough about ate o ate! They came highly recommended from a friend, and after doing a tasting with them (which in itself was one of the best meals I've ever had) we decided to book them for our wedding reception this past July. Our family and friends are still talking about their food! Peg was awesome to work with and made the entire wedding process so so easy for us. She wasn't just helpful when it came to the food, but the rentals and advice on what vendors to use upstate (we are from out of town) and actually just wedding advice in general. There were days when I would receive emails from her just checking in on me to see how everything was and making sure I wasn't too stressed. This in itself was something I was so grateful for, Peg wasn't just our caterer but she became a great friend! Plus, their staff are also nothing short of amazing. They went above and beyond the day of our wedding. You won't have any worries when you use Ate o Ate...definitely book them now!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Peg was absolutely phenomenal. We tasted several other caterers, but at the first bite at Ate o Ate we knew we had found our wedding caterer. She helped craft our ideal menu, even working a raw bar into our budget. The service was professional, everything came out looking great and we got tons of compliments on the food. I would highly recommend them for your wedding or event. Take my word for it, schedule a tasting with them and see for yourself

Profile Picture User7125531, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

My wife and I recently hired Ate O Ate to cater our wedding in Roxbury, NY and we can't recommend them enough. First, Peg is a really friendly, warm person who is on top of her stuff - responses were always prompt and thorough, which is a big bonus when you're dealing with a lot of different wedding vendors. Both tastings were delicious and Peg took her time to guide us through Ate O Ate's impressive and varied menu. Things went really smoothly on the day of the wedding - staffing was more than ample, the waitstaff were attentive and friendly, and the food was delicious. We received lots of compliments on the food and the general smoothness of the operation. We've also eaten from their food truck when it has been parked in downtown Roxbury on a night when the Public Lounge was closed for a private event, and the food was awesome then, too. Great company!

Profile Picture Alec, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Set Up, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Where do I even begin? Peg & her staff are truly one of a kind in this whirl wind wedding world. In the 18 months leading up to our wedding we got to know Peg as a person & also got to sample the out of this world food AteOAte provides. Peg is one of the kindest, most generous & funniest person we have had the privilege to get to know. We could always count on her no matter how many questions we came up with or changes we decided on.

Deciding on using AteOAte for our food was not only the easiest decision we made, but the best one as well, as people are still raving about our cocktail hour & family style dinner. Peg & her staff provided exceptional service that will not soon be forgotten. In the moments following our ceremony, Dave & I took a moment before we joined cocktail hour & the staff had provided us with a plate of food from cocktail hour to enjoy & even assisted me multiple times with my wedding dress emergencies.
There are not enough words to say about the food- once you have a tasting you will understand what we mean. Peg & her husband care so much about the finished product & it truly shows. Our cocktail hour was full of variety & our dinner provided guests with mouth watering options. Guest still ask me who catered our wedding!
In closing, when our wedding day was over, I gave Peg & big hug & told her she couldn't get rid of me that easy, that i'd still be e-mailing her. The next day I got the kindest e-mail from Peg, which only reminded me how lucky we were to find AteOAte & Peg, they are a diamond in the rough!! There will never be enough words or praise we could give, trust us, you want this company on your wedding day!!

Thanks AteOAte!!!!
Erin & Dave Woodkotch

Profile Picture erin, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Champagne Toast