Astray Photography Reviews

29 | San Diego, CA

29 Reviews for Astray Photography

Tiffany Decaro · Getting married on 06/08/2021

Amazing, Talented, Professional and Fun!

Highly recommend Astray Photography! Brittney and Andy are so professional, talented and just a pleasure to work with. My husband and I were shocked at just how good our photos turned out. We honestly couldn't have asked for anything better. They surpassed every expectation and we feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with them on our big day. Huge thank you to Brittney and Andy, we will forever cherish the photos you captured of our wedding day!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Jacob

Jacob Frazier · Getting married on 06/22/2020

Beyond expectations

One of the best photographing experiences I had. Brittney and Andy are easy and great to work with. I am only in California every now and then and they somehow made time for me and my fiance. The photos were better than expected and they truly are professionals!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/01/2020

Capturing the Moment

I enjoyed having Brittney from Astray Photography do mine and my fiances engagement photos! We wanted an meadow scene and she gave us just that! She was so natural with the camera, and she knew exactly how to capture our moments together :) she encorporated anything we wanted to bring for the photo shoot and let us just be ourselves! She never made us do anything we didn't want to do and she captured moments we wanted to do on our own. She's extremely talented and I can't wait for her to do our wedding photos! Highly recommend Astray Photography to capture your moments for any occasion. :)

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Millie

Millie Glen · Married on 01/18/2020

Incredible Photographer - Couldn't be Happier!!!

As a Northern California local attempting to plan a wedding in San Diego, I was very nervous about vendor selection, especially when it came to a photographer. I combed through WeddingWire, Yelp, and Instagram, relying on lots of reviews and a little bit of good ole intuition. I stumbled upon Astray Photography. Based on their adoring reviews and gorgeous website, I submitted request for more information.

I was contacted by the owner, Brittney the very next day to set up a phone call. It took me about 30 seconds to realize there was no one else who would capture our wedding quite like Astray. In our initial conversation, Brittney spent all of her time learning about my fiancé and I, our story, and what we envisioned for our day. There was no pressure to make a decision, no rush! Every question I had was answered with grace (and believe me, I had a lot of questions!) Brittney was able to provide a package that covered all our needs, included an engagement shoot, and was totally affordable! I was so impressed by the attention to detail that went into the planning on Astray's side before the wedding. Brittney made sure that we had a collaborative itinerary ironed out a couple weeks before the wedding, detailing what was happening, when, and who with. This was so nice to be able to send to our bridal party so everyone was on the same page.

On the day of our wedding, when our photographers walked through the door, I felt like a couple of my friends had arrived. Not only were they on time, but they kept us on schedule throughout our day (a miracle for my group!) These girls were so personable and sweet but 1,000% professional and capable. As a person who CRINGES at the thought of being in front of the camera, I was so thankful to have photographers who made me comfortable and confident.

In the blink of an eye, we had a link to the most beautiful gallery of wedding photos. Brittney and her team have an eye for shots and a gift for editing, but what impressed me most was their ability to capture the moments. I can't quite put into words what a gift it is to have memories from our wedding which capture the personalities of myself and the ones I love most. We look like us (just a little more polished!) We are going to be obsessing over our photos for years to come.

I wish I could re-live our wedding day every Saturday! I would rebook Astray Photography EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Truly the best. We are so thankful we were blessed with a photographer who not only delivered an incredible gallery of photos, but a stellar experience from start to finish.

Sent on 02/12/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Bishop · Married on 10/04/2019

Best Decision I Made - Astray Photography

Finding the perfect photographer to capture the right moments and memories probably was the most important aspect of our wedding day. When searching for a wedding photographer, I must have looked at dozens of websites, read countless reviews, but wasn’t connecting with anything I saw. All the photos I saw were beautiful - light and bright – and everything looked stunning. But it all looked the same to me. I wanted something more REAL, something that caught the mood of the day, almost a documentary style of photography that would focus not only on the necessary posed wedding shots, but also candid moments, and elements most photographers would overlook. And then I saw Brittany’s work at Astray Photography. Her work was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Her photography isn’t the norm that I saw over and over again. The darker colors she pulls in her photos are gorgeous – it makes everything you see in the images so much richer.

I contacted Brittany over the phone and we clicked instantly. I knew I wanted her to do both our engagement and wedding photos, and I found her prices to be quite reasonable. We discussed what my fiancé and I were looking for in terms of what was important to us – we wanted to make sure she captured our personalities and the lively time we were planning for our wedding guests. Laughter is big with us, and with Brittany’s incredibly kind and fun attitude, she put us at ease both during our engagement shoot and during our wedding. I was nearly in tears when I saw the wedding photos. Both Brittney and her assistant picked up on shots others simply wouldn’t. She memorialized our day in a way I don’t think anyone else could. And as the bride, everything was such a blur that day. I saw that she captured parts of my wedding that I didn’t get to fully appreciate at the time. Brittany was one of the best decisions I made in terms of planning my wedding. You simply can’t go wrong with choosing Astray Photography.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Maria

Maria Gonzalez · Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely Amazing

The team at Astray is absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond to make my day the best and smoothest it could be. The photographs of our wedding are exactly what we wanted. Just beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more amazing people to work with. Thank you so much Astray Photography!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Fereshteh

Fereshteh Z · Married on 08/12/2019

Awesome Photo Shooting Experience

Our professional photos were beyond our expectations. Everyone in our families was impressed by how photos came out. Brittany made us feel comfortable in front of her camera, and she suggested many natural poses. She is an expert and I would definitely recommend her to my friends!

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Y

Yessenia · Married on 06/29/2019

Brittney is absolutely amazing! She responded to my email right away when I was inquiring about engagement photos, and she was fast to respond to every email after that! My fiancé and I had a blast during our engagement photo session. She knew exactly what to do and made us feel super comfortable. Our pictures came out better than I could have imagined!! We can’t wait for Astray to capture our wedding!

Sent on 08/01/2018
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 06/28/2019

10 out of 10 recommend!!

Andy & Brit are naturals at what they do! My fiancé and I just took our engagement photos with them and we were stoked with how they turned out. They made us feel so relaxed and natural the entire time, and we really think that they captured us as a couple. We are so excited for them to do our wedding photos next!! I highly recommend Astray Photography if you want a fun, stress-free experience!!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Laura

Laura Tapia · Married on 04/06/2019

Engagement photos and wedding day photos

Brittany and Andy are outstanding. Not only is their work amazing, they are down to earth and make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Brittany’s response time to messages/ questions is great (one of the many reasons I wanted them to do our wedding). I could not have been happier with them on our wedding day! I am recommending them to all my family and friends. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Skylar · Married on 01/01/2019

Brittney made my fiance and I feel so incredibly comfortable. We laughed through the entire shoot, and for two people who claim they are incredibly awkward in picture, Brittney knew exactly what to do to get us out of our shells. As someone who can usually find something to nitpick about in every picture, all I saw in the ones she took was pure happiness and love. Thank you Brittney and Astray Photography for capturing these special moments. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Eric

Eric · Married on 09/29/2018

Brittany and Andy were AWESOME!!

Astray Photography from Day 1 was not only easy to work with but quality of work was fantastic. Brittany and Andy were so natural to work with and made our engagement and wedding something to remember. We truly are appreciated all of their hard work and easy going attitude. They made our day absolutely special and would highly recommend them to any couple looking for a fantastic photographer!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Ryan · Married on 09/14/2018

Andy and Brittney did our engagement photos and helped us create memories that we will cherish for the rest of our days. They were very accommodating, patient, and most importantly, very talented. Being new here in the San Diego area, it was refreshing for us to meet such a down to earth and fun couple. We not only ended up with some spectacular photos, but we gained two wonderful friends!

Kyle Emery · Married on 09/08/2018

Emery wedding review

Andy and Brittney are both great photographers! Having the option of two photographers is not easy to find in a self owned photography company. This husband and wife duo not only works cohesively together, but also works in a much more organic way. Their laid back personalities made it much less stressful and their unique style of capturing the moments aloud my wife and I to be able to enjoy our day not having to do uncomfortable poses. We definitely recommend Astray Photography to anyone looking for two awesome photographers who produce amazing work for a reasonable price.

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Riko

Riko · Married on 07/21/2018

I have worked with Brittany & Andy on numerous weddings and have to say I am always impressed with how well they work together, with everyone and with me. The synergy and collaboration that goes on between your Photographer(s) and DJ is a key and important for a best wedding day Experience. You should check them out!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Mandars · Married on 07/20/2018

Astray photography could not have been any better!!! They shot my engagement photos and I was so nervous. They made me and my fiancé feel so comfortable and knew exactly how to direct us to capture real, beautiful moments. I am so pleased with how the photos turned out and all my family and friends love them too!

Brian · Married on 05/05/2018

Astray did our engagement shoot. I was nervous going in to all this because I’ve never been photographed aside from the occasional selfie. They were so good at positioning us and making sure I didn’t look like a mannequin that fell off a bus. I felt so comfortable and now we can’t wait till they shoot our wedding. You can’t get batter than astray!!

Sent on 02/24/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/05/2018

I have used Astray Photography for styled shoots, business head shots and now for my wedding! Every single photo shoot is always so much fun with Brittney, she makes you feel so comfortable and is great at directing you on what to do and how to pose. We could not be happier with our engagement photos, they really captured my fiance and I's personality. We are soooo excited to have them shoot our wedding and to see all the beautiful photos!

Drew · Married on 05/05/2018

They were extremely professional to work with, Andy and Brittney clicked with the bride and groom from the start. It was pretty awesome watching them flow with the couple we were working with.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Hector · Married on 04/28/2018

Brittney & Andy were amazing. Not only were they super professional, but they were extremely easy to work with. The way they take into account other vendors made it exciting to share thoughts and ideas on getting the perfect shots for our couples. Definitely will recommend them to my future clients and work together again soon!

Sent on 05/02/2018

A. · Married on 04/07/2018

Brittney and Andy were the photographers at my daughters wedding and we could not have been more thrilled! They were so friendly and respectful to all of our guests and the photos were amazing! We ordered prints to hang up on our walls as well as a guest book highlighting the whole day. We could not have been happier with choosing Astray. Thank you guys!!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Donovan · Married on 03/03/2018

Astray photographers Andy and Brittany Farra are an amazing team and took excellent pictures for my wife and I’s wedding. Their level of professionalism and expertise coupled with an uncanny ability to keep the entire wedding party organized during the circus that was our reception was unparalleled to any duo I’ve witnessed shoot an event. In addition, they are both so easy going and down to earth, it made our big day a lot less stressful knowing they were at the helm. Would recommend them to anyone for any form of event needing photographers. Well done Astray, you’ve earned my business for life. Without a doubt they deserve a 5 Star rating.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Chris · Married on 02/28/2018

I have used Astray Photography numerous times and they always surpass my expectations. The quality of work you get for the price is unbeatable. You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Tony Valente · Married on 12/28/2017

Phenomenal

Andy and Brittney were amazing to work with! We reached out to them and Brittney got back to us immediately. After discussing ideas, we decided we wanted to have our engagement photos in the mountains in Utah and they travelled during the winter to take our photos in the snow. We are so happy with how they came out!!!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Jenna · Married on 09/02/2017

Andy & Brittney did my photos for my wedding. I am in love with the results and how talented they are. They managed to capture every expression and timeless memory. I will continue to use them in future photography we use. Their work speaks for itself. Absolutely amazing, talented, and such great people! I cant thankyou enough for capturing the moments of the best day of my life!

Sent on 04/01/2018