Astounding Sounds & Lighting Reviews

12 | Dallas, TX

12 Reviews for Astounding Sounds & Lighting

Kelsey · Married on 04/16/2016

Ryan Lee was awesome to work with and did such a great job! Astounding Sounds did the uplighting for our receptions which completely converted the space into exactly how I wanted it to look. Ryan played every song we asked him to (we asked guests to request a song on their RSVP's so we had a few) and didn't play anything we didn't want him to. He kept the crowd dancing the whole time which is EXACTLY what I wanted! The whole night flew by because we were all dance and having fun the whole time. I also had one of my bridesmaids who's a graphic designer make a bogo for us, and Ryan was able to use it on one of the side walls, which really personalized the space for us. I would definitely book Astounding Sounds and Ryan again!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Cindy · Married on 07/18/2015

The first time we heard Colby Logan host an event was two years ago at our son and daughter-in-law’s wedding reception. When it came time to hire a DJ for our daughter’s wedding, this was the easiest decision we had to make – no one but Colby would do. He gets to know the families personally and makes everyone feel like they’re attending a concert designed specifically for the crowd in attendance. I have never seen a dance floor more crowded than when Colby is DJ-ing the event. His planning and attention to detail prior to the reception pay off with a full house and a full night of fun – no one leaves early when Astounding Sounds & Lighting is running the show. At Colby’s recommendation, we added some up-lighting to our venue, and what had been a beautiful ballroom became a stunning movie set. It’s so rewarding to be on this side of our event, with nothing but sweet memories of a beautiful evening, orchestrated perfectly by Astounding Sounds & Lighting.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Kelly was the DJ for my wedding reception and she was absolutely amazing! She has great energy, people skills, and kept everyone dancing. She really read the crowd well. We could not have asked for a better DJ. She was super easy to get in touch with, always responded quickly and overall the entire experience was superb. Thanks Kelly!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Austin was great to work with and did an amazing job at our wedding. The evening flowed and Austin was a true professional. Great job!

Sent on 11/08/2014

We couldn't imagine our wedding at Three Three Three without the crisscrossed cafe lights from Astounding Sounds. They were almost finished hanging them by the time we arrived at Three Three Three because they were a preferred venue and could get in early. It created the perfect ambiance. Also, they were very easy to work with and responsive to emails.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Ryan from Astounding Sounds was incredible! We got so many compliments on him- he did a great job DJing our wedding. He kept the crowd engaged and when they called for an encore song at the end, he gave us a great one! Would highly recommend

Sent on 07/10/2014

Ryan from Astounding Sounds was our DJ and I cannot recommend him highly enough! I feel like he was worth at least twice what we paid, and would book him again in a second.

He was happy to chat with us when we were trying to pick a DJ and was most definitely not the cliche cheesy wedding DJ. He was always quick to respond to any emails and really flexible and easy to work with. We had really specific musical selections, and he rolled with it with no problems. We basically just sent a list of songs that we liked for cocktails and reception and left the rest up to him. He did a GREAT job and we got so many compliments on the playlist and the flow of the music.

Seriously, book this guy! He's great!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Natalie · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I interviewed with a couple of DJs before finding Ryan Lee with Astounding sounds. I couldn't have been more pleased with the music selection he played during the reception! It was the music that keeps the reception going and ours went ALL NIGHT LONG! If he saw the dance floor was getting bare, he changed the music to a song he knew that would get everyone to come back! It was the best night of our life! He may be a little more expensive than others but it is worth every penny! I will recommend him to any one getting married!

Ryan Lee is the best DJ!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Kellie · Married on 07/28/2012

Colby Logan with Astounding Sounds and Lighting was the ABSOLUTE BEST. When I started searching for a DJ, I was looking for something different. When I came across Colby Logan, I knew that I had to have him for my wedding!!! He was exactly what I was looking for: unique, classy, and professional. One of my favorite moments of my wedding is when Colby performed our first song acoustic. It was beyond amazing... everything I wanted and more. That truly is a memory I will never forget. He also has an uncanny ability to get a crowd going and keep them entertained. The lighting his company did for my wedding was BEAUTIFUL!! It completely changed the look of the room. The lighting was elegant and perfectly thought out. I am an extremely picky person and wanted everything to be perfect on my wedding day. I had NO worries with Colby. I promise you will LOVE Colby. My advice to any of my newly engaged friends and to all of you is to book Colby Logan with Astounding Sounds and Lighting.

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 10/08/2011

Micheal was great to work with. I highly recommend these guys, they helped make my night exactly what I wanted. They paid attention to every detail and provided everything I asked for.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Taylor · Married on 07/16/2011

We worked with Michael for our wedding. It was the most perfect DJ! He was so open with the different needs my husband and I had. When we explained the two different types of music we wanted he was able to create the perfect balance between the two. Mike was so great at the reception. He got it started right on time and really got everyone pumped up to be there. I was really worried about stayin on schedule, and he made sure that we stayed right on track. I don't think we could have had a better DJ for the night. The best part was that he went to Texas Tech like my husband and I. He was able to pull all our Tech friends in for different parts throughout the night.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Allison · Married on 06/25/2011

I used this company for both DJ services and lighting at the reception. I am a big believer lighting makes the space. You can spend all the money on flowers but it won't have the same impact without pin spot lighting and uplights. We had our ceremony and reception in the same ballroom. After the ceremony was over all the guests went downstairs and they transformed the room in less than an hour. It was beautiful. The DJ was a last minute replacement and was great but I originally started working with Ryan Lee who was very proffessional and not your typical cheesy wedding DJ. My guests had a great time and the space looked wonderful. I was absolutely pleased with all services provided.

Sent on 07/08/2011