Ashley Cox Photography Reviews

Ashley Cox Photography 5
Ashley Cox Photography 6
Ashley Cox Photography 7

· Getting married on 07/01/2020

Ashley blessed us with photos that we will cherish forever!

Ashley is so incredibly talented, not to mention the sweetest! We are so happy with all of our wedding photos. She stood outside on the coldest, rainiest day in January to capture our special day. I was so worried that our photos would be compromised due to the weather, but the lighting was absolutely stunning and we have photos that we will cherish always. We are beyond blessed to have found Ashley to capture our special day. I highly recommend her for your wedding or any other special occasion. She is an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Ellie

Ellie · Married on 01/06/2019

Amazing Photographer!

Ashley is absolutely amazing! We worked with her on our engagement and wedding and couldn't have been happier with how everything went. She is so lovely to work with and does a great job of making you feel comfortable! I hope to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    Ashley Cox Photography 8

Lindsey & Danny · Married on 12/01/2018

Ashley Cox Photography is Amazing!

We were blown away by the quality of our wedding photographs that we received from Ashley. Ashley photographed our wedding on 12/1/18 and the quality AND quantity of photographs that we received was absolutely amazing. Opening my photos was like Christmas morning all over again, but better! Ashley captured all of the most memorable moments of my wedding and more. I highly recommend Ashley Cox Photography as her romantic, unique style truly creates some of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen.

Sent on 01/22/2019
    Ashley Cox Photography 9
    Ashley Cox Photography 10
    Ashley Cox Photography 11
    Ashley Cox Photography 12

Jenna Peters · Married on 10/20/2018

We love Ashley!

We had the complete pleasure of working with Ashley. We could not be happier with how our engagement and wedding photographs turned out! We spent several months searching for our photographer because it was so important to us to find someone we trusted to preserve our wedding day for a lifetime. Once we started talking with Ashley, it was clear how passionate she is and how much she truly cares about her clients. From the beginning through to the end, Ashley offered endless support, advice, and guidance.
    Ashley captured the magic of our wedding day perfectly! She listened to our ideas and captured everything we wanted and more. Looking at the photographs instantly brings us back to that moment, and we are forever grateful for Ashley’s beautiful work.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kathleen · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!

Ashley was recommended to us by our venue, and I knew from my first phone call with her that I wanted her to be our photographer. Not only was her portfolio incredible (it truly speaks for itself), but I really appreciated the way she approached the conversation. She took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for and worked with us to come up with a package that was best for us. When we met her in person for the first time during our engagement shoot, she instantly made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and was so much fun to work with. We felt the same during our actual wedding day, too. Ashley is truly an artist and it shows in all of the photos that she takes. We will treasure the beautiful photos from our wedding forever. We feel so lucky that we were able to have her be part of our special day and highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

House Mountain Inn Wedding

When researching photographers for our wedding, Ashley was quickly my top choice just based on her photos. After contacting her to see about cost and availability, she was kind and genuine and willing to work with us to get a package that was right for us. We live in the Baltimore area but loved the beauty of the House Mountain Inn. She worked with us to create a package that did not include engagement pictures but instead included something else.

When our wedding day came, it poured all afternoon.  Ashley was very flexible and calm through the hectic prewedding pictures. She moved up our first look so that we could get some pictures before the rain started. Luckily, our venue had a huge porch, and we were still able to get beautiful pictures despite the rain. I would recommend Ashley to anyone looking for a kind and quality photographer.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2018

We chose Ashley to photograph our wedding and could not be happier with our experience. From our first phone call, we felt so confident in Ashley's ability and portfolio that we didn't even interview any other photographers. Ashley was so easy to work with at every phase of the planning process and even helped us solidify our day-of timeline to ensure she got every shot we wanted. On the day-of, Ashley and her assistant were on time, professional, and so calm despite the last minute ceremony changes due to inclement weather. She is so talented and directed the photos so well, which helped us feel comfortable and natural posing. We got our photos back SO fast, and every single one is beautiful. We cannot recommend Ashley enough and are already planning to have her shoot our headshots soon.

Sent on 10/05/2018

Delilah Ruth Harris · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful photos, great to work with

Ashley is a really sweet lovely person. We were a little nervous about having our engagement photos taken, but she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. Our wedding had a sort of organic, overgrown woodland magic theme, and Ashely completely saw our vision and showcased all the design elements we were really proud of. But more importantly, she took soooo many amazing photos that captured the feeling of the day and the emotions we were all going through. We didn't have a videographer and honestly didn't need one because we have so many photos. I've had many many compliments on my wedding photos and how professional and high quality they are.

Sent on 02/07/2019
    Ashley Cox Photography 13
    Ashley Cox Photography 14
    Ashley Cox Photography 15
    Ashley Cox Photography 16

Mollie · Married on 07/14/2018

We were thrilled that we chose Ashley to be our wedding photographer. Not only is she immensely talented, but she was fun to be with and brought a fantastic energy to each moment. She truly knows how to find and capture natural light to make each photo magical. We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Ashley Cox Photography 17
    Ashley Cox Photography 18
    Ashley Cox Photography 19

Alex · Married on 05/11/2018

When we were looking for a photographer for our engagement photos, my (then) fiancé and I came across Ashley's work on Instagram. The first thing that we noticed was how her pictures all seemed to have a personality to them that we couldn't find anywhere else. There are a thousand beautiful places to take pictures in Charlottesville, but something about her way of shooting those places really distinguished her work from everyone else's. We could not have been more thrilled with the results of our engagement photos. We both loved working with her. Just based on how easy it was to be ourselves when we were with her, we made her promise to do our wedding as well...even though we had no clue what the pictures looked like yet. We were not disappointed.

Our wedding pictures were everything that we could've hoped for and more. Ashley was so wonderful in the way she handled the event. She is professional and efficient, while at the same time warm and enthusiastic. I have been to too many weddings where it feels like the photographer is taking the spontaneity out of the event, or forcing everyone into totally unnatural situations, making everyone uncomfortable and/or annoyed in the process. There was never a time where she took anyone out of the moment; on the contrary, she helped to create so many amazing moments for us. There is absolutely no one that we would have rather had working with us to shoot such a beautiful day in our lives together.

We really cannot do her justice with a few paragraphs. Please look at her work to see for yourself. We will certainly be begging her to come see us, wherever we end up in the world, to shoot our next big life event. She is amazing.

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Ashley Cox Photography 20
    Ashley Cox Photography 21
    Ashley Cox Photography 22
    Ashley Cox Photography 23
    Ashley Cox Photography 24

Charlene · Married on 05/05/2018

Ashley is the absolute best. My husband and I are extremely happy with how our photos turned out and with how quickly we received them after the wedding. Ashley was able to unintrusively capture all of the small and big moments throughout the day and was easy to work with throughout the entire process. She is quick to respond, thoughtful in her approach, and has a laid-back and calming presence. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/22/2018

John · Married on 03/17/2018

Ashley did great work, and we were very happy having her document our wedding day! Fun personality, dedication to her craft, and professionalism are just some of the many qualities that she brings to the table.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Paige · Married on 12/23/2017

After getting engaged, choosing our photographer was our first step in planning the wedding of our dreams. My husband and I are both fine art majors, so we prioritized photography above all else. As a naturally shy person, the thought of trying to take romantic photos made me anxious! I cannot express enough how comfortable Ashley made me feel from our engagements photos to our wedding day, and all the moments in between. I was absolutely thrilled with our engagements photos and even more in love, if that’s even possible, with our wedding photos. Ashley’s photographs perfectly captured all of the beautiful emotions I was feeling. I am so grateful for Ashley’s talent and kindness throughout the whole experience. I have received dozens and dozens of compliments on the photos. And now that our wedding day has passed, I am so thankful that I will always have these special photos to reminisce on arguably the best day of my life.

Sent on 03/05/2018
    Ashley Cox Photography 25

Daniel · Married on 11/04/2017

Among the hundreds of photographers you could get for a special occasion, Ashley really stands apart from the rest. Beyond her energetic personality, responsiveness and professionalism, her passion for photography shines through every picture she takes. My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Ashley for our engagement session and were also lucky to have her as part of our wedding. We can honestly say that there is not one image that she gave us that we didn't love. Every image she takes is thoughtful and captured wonderfully within her unique style -- it is so clear that Ashley treats every single image that she takes as a piece of art. If you want a genuine photographer that can capture emotion, colors and your most special moments, we could not recommend Ashley more.

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

Ashley was amazing! My husband and I put photography as one of our top priorities for our wedding. She went above and beyond everything we wanted (or even dreamed to be possible) from start to finish. At our engagement shoot, my husband was super nervous about a photo shoot — and, therefore, I was nervous the pictures would show the nerves and not capture “us”. But Ashley put us both at ease and the pictures beautifully captured real smiles and laughs + gorgeous backgrounds. The photos at the rehearsal dinner and wedding were also unbelievable. The weekend was perfect, and I can’t thank Ashley enough for capturing that perfection in pictures that we will save forever!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Liv · Married on 09/24/2017

Like all newlyweds, we were eager to see our wedding photos, hoping Ashley had managed to get some decent shots. When our prints arrived (in a hand-crafted wooden box), we were blown away. The photos were breathtaking, and we were astonished at the sheer quantity—it was an embarrassment of riches. Ashley is talented, efficient and incredible to work with. In short: she captured the romance and magic of our wedding day. And then some.

Sent on 02/25/2018
    Ashley Cox Photography 26
    Ashley Cox Photography 27
    Ashley Cox Photography 28

Ashlyn · Married on 09/23/2017

Ashley is amazing to work with and her photos are gorgeous! She is so professional and captured the most beautiful moments of our wedding. She is so talented and is always finding the perfect shot while also making sure everyone is comfortable and having fun both during our wedding and engagement shoot! She was always willing to offer advice and guidance throughout the planning process. I can't imagine our day without her!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Camille · Married on 09/02/2017

Choosing Ashley to capture our wedding was the best decision we could have made for our special day. From first talking to her on the phone, her kindness was evident . A few weeks later when my then fiancé and I went to our engagement pictures with her, we were so thankful that she was so fun and encouraging. We had such a great time and the photos were amazing. Every step of the way throughout the wedding planning process, she was more than willing to help in any and every aspect. On the wedding day she was comforting, encouraging, timely, and a joy to be around. And her pictures are STUNNING. Absolutely love Ashley and would recommend her to ANYONE!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/05/2017

We are so happy that we had Ashley as our photographer. She is incredibly talented, sweet, helpful, and organized, and makes everyone very comfortable when she is shooting. We are so happy with how our pictures turned out—the hardest part is narrowing down for our album because there are so many shots that we love! I would recommend her without any hesitation!

Catherine · Married on 06/30/2017

Ashley and I were connected through a mutual contact and I couldn't be more thankful. I was living in England at the time of my engagement while also planning me and my now husband's wedding abroad. My husband and I got married in my hometown, Williamsburg, VA, and having Ashley capture our wedding was so special because the quality of her photos are clear and classic as well as unique and purposeful with every shot. Ashley is one of the best photographers out there to work with. She makes you feel so comfortable and relaxed while taking photos and she is SO joyful! It's hard not to catch that joyful spirit when taking photos. I highly recommend Ashley to anyone because she is professional while also relatable. She is contactable while also organized. She always makes sure to respond and deliver on time. She cares about the detail and she cares about each of her clients. I highly recommend Ashley Cox Photography for all the above reasons. Thank you Ashley for everything!

Sent on 03/06/2018
    Ashley Cox Photography 29
    Ashley Cox Photography 30
    Ashley Cox Photography 31

Jacqueline · Married on 06/18/2017

On our wedding day, apart from each other, Ashley was person we spent the most time with. She was there throughout the day, during each and every special moment. Because of this, I am thankful that with Ashley, you get more than just a talented photographer - you get someone to celebrate you, encourage you, and more than anything, you get a friend. I cannot imagine having anyone else walking beside us on the most special of all days.

• W

Will · Married on 06/09/2017

We did our engagement portraits with Ashley in Charlottesville. She was amazing at working with our schedule, helping find the perfect spot (UVA gardens, of course) making us feel at ease for the pictures. We really had so much fun during our session. The pictures turned out beautifully. The hardest choice is which ones to print, as there are so many great options. I highly recommend Ashley Cox Photography.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Caroline · Married on 06/03/2017

I couldn’t be more thrilled with Ashley Cox. My daughter and future son-in-law hired her to be their wedding photographer in 2017, and I had been procrastinating getting a professional portrait taken. After meeting Ashley and realizing I could use one for both my real estate and writing, I pulled the proverbial trigger. I am usually not comfortable in front of the camera unless in a group setting, yet Ashley put me instantly at ease. Plus she honored my request to have the session outside and not too staged. She takes such joy in her work, it’s contagious. In fact, I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes by Frederick Buechner: “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”

Ashley finds beauty in all things and makes you feel beautiful. And she takes really beautiful pictures.

Now for some advice. If you too have been procrastinating and/or talking yourself out of it, just do it! Ashley reminded me that a professional photograph an investment. And it is…in yourself. There’s no greater initial impression that you care about what you do than if you care enough to take this step. It may feel extravagant or even self-indulgent, but it’s worth it. Every penny.

Sent on 08/29/2016

Ellie · Married on 06/03/2017

Ashley shot our wedding in Charlottesville VA this June. Saying working with Ashley was a dream is a total understatement. She was incredibly professional and kind right from the start. She made me and my husband feel so comfortable putting our wedding in her talented hands! Throughout our engagement season, she sent us a very sweet care package as well as a detailed form to make sure she captured all of the photos we were looking for during the wedding. She really got to know us more as a couple beforehand, which showed through in our photos. She made everyone feel at ease and comfortable in front of the camera. I also really appreciated how seamlessly she moved around and how she captured amazing shots of us and our guests without "getting in the way." Ashley's positive attitude and obvious love for photography showed through the entire day. We received prints in a beautiful wooden box as well as all of the photos on flash drive. They were outstanding and I seriously love every single one. She captured all of the special moments so beautifully and we loved going through the prints and reliving the day together. I would absolutely recommend Ashley and we hope to work with her again one day! :)

Sent on 07/31/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2017

Ashley is purely amazing! She photographed our engagement, civil ceremony, and big wedding reception and she did an amazing job each and every time. She makes you feel beautiful and comfortable in front of the camera, making the whole experience a ton of fun instead of feeling awkward! Ashley loves what she does and it's very obvious in the way she runs her business and the beauty of her photos. For anyone looking for a wedding photographer, we HIGHLY recommend Ashley!

Sent on 07/10/2017