Ascend Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Kenzie
    Kenzie B. Married on 10/10/2020

Magical Evening

Absolutely loved our experience with Ascend Entertainment! Brandon was amazing and I couldn’t have asked for better music for the night. It rained on our wedding day and he was so accommodating and still made the night so special for us. The whole process was so easy, from the online planning website to the actual evening. Definitely would recommend Ascend Entertainment for any future events!
  • Halie
    Halie B. Married on 09/12/2020

Best Ever!!!

I cannot say enough great things about AJ! From the moment I reached out to him he was so nice, very quick responding, answered all of my questions and gave us a great deal!!! He is an awesome DJ but also fixed my dress right before I walked down the isle and gave me a little pep talk!!! If you need a dj look no further!!! He is amazing and such a nice guy!!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca W. Married on 05/09/2020

Pulled our wedding off with 24 hours notice!

AJ not only saved the day for us he was so fun and entertaining!! Our wedding plans were destroyed due to COVID-19, but long story short, the week of the wedding we found a venue that was able to have us safely and we were able to have a small ceremony. The DJ we had hired last year was available but then had to back out two days before the wedding. In an amazing stroke of luck AJ Snow got back to us within hours and agreed to help us out after hearing our story! We met on the phone once and then the day of he checked on us throughout the night to make sure we knew what was coming and that we were comfortable. You would never have known we were not planning with AJ for months! He went above and beyond what we were expecting in terms of entertainment and hosting the event. Most importantly we were able to relax and enjoy our big day after months of stress knowing AJ had everything handled. Even if you’re not getting married during a pandemic, he definitely lives up to his “most requested DJ in Charleston” title!
  • Wendy
    Wendy H. Married on 02/20/2020

Ascend Entertainment

We hired AJ Snow with Ascend Entertainment for my daughter's wedding and he was absolutely PHENOMENAL from start to finish! He was personable, helpful and professional throughout every step of the process. AJ and his photo booth attendant brought the party and kept it going all night. His energy, song selections, and lightning effects were absolutely perfect. The photo booth was a highlight of the reception and the digital photos are a hilarious memories we will charish for years to come. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
  • Teresa
    Teresa K. Married on 01/12/2020

Dept. Christmas Party

We used AJ with Ascend Entertainment when our regular DJ of 20 years was not able to make it to the MUSC Pathology Christmas party. Luckily AJ was available and was a life saver to us! He really knows how to get the crowd going and it ended up being the best decision ever! he's so sweet and really knows how to work an event of 400 people! :)
    Jaime C. Married on 10/03/2019

Non profit fundraiser

AJ did an outstanding job at our event! His professionalism was stellar. His ability to read the room and get guests out on the floor was exceptional. It was obvious that he was skilled enough to know the right time to start and end the schedule in a way that made the event flow perfectly. We couldn’t have imagined a better evening!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 06/02/2019

DJ AJ amazing

Everyone was on the dance floor all night and that wouldn’t have been possible without AJ! He did a phenomenal job choosing songs for all age groups and keeping the energy high. So many guest have come up to me and said how wonderful the music was and how much fun they had. Not only did he do a great job with our wedding he was kind and very professional. We would highly recommend him in the future!
    Sarah Married on 04/13/2019

Highly Recommend

AJ and his team are amazing! he answered every email very promptly and was a joy to work with. Brandon kept the party going and the music was just what we wanted. They were wonderful to work with. We also rented uplighting and a photo booth through them. both were great and we used the photo booth pictures in our guest book. So many great memories made! Can't say enough great things about AJ and Brandon!
  • Aimee-Jane
    Aimee-Jane W. Married on 04/06/2019

More than “Just a DJ”!!!!

AJ Snow is absolutely OUTSTANDING! From day one of the planning process, he has been quick to respond to all emails and phone calls and incredibly patient with all my questions! He is one of the nicest people around. When the big day finally came, he kept the party alive, dancing, laughing, and having the time of our lives!! We got SO many compliments on his personality, his music selection, and the super fun twist he put on things! Plus he brought a photo booth that our guests REALLY enjoyed and the pictures from that are actually hilarious! He went way above and beyond to make sure I was 130% comfortable and could relax! I honestly believe that AJ Snow is the greatest DJ in the Charleston area! If you hire any other DJ for your wedding you will be missing out on something really special and hundreds of lifelong memories!!!
  • Meg Nicole
    Meg Married on 11/17/2018

Best Wedding DJ in Charleston

AJ is the best Wedding DJ in Charleston, hands down!! I booked Ascend Entertainment for a photo booth, uplighting, and DJ services for my wedding last month. I have to admit before my wedding I was stressing because we didn’t have a big guest list (95ish people) and probably only half of them would dance. My husband’s family is super religious and conservative, so I was picturing an empty dance floor the whole night haha. But AJ always kept people on the dance floor. Somehow my 80-year-old Grandma was dancing – I’m not sure how that happened LOL! My sister was complaining that Grandma didn’t dance at her wedding – I said well that’s because you didn’t have AJ! AJ knows what he is doing when it comes to DJ’ing weddings and it shows. He also is amazing to work with – he responds SO quickly to any questions I had throughout the year of communicating with him. He’s also just super nice, friendly, fun, and very professional. He’s literally everything you could want in a Wedding DJ. Book AJ for your wedding, you won’t regret it!
    Tori Married on 10/13/2018

Everything was great!

AJ and his team were great! Everything we asked for they were able to accomplish and the whole song was great!! Highly recommend!
    Megan Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Choice for Wedding DJ!!!

Your wedding day goes by super fast and there's lots of moving parts! One thing I didn't have to worry about is keeping my guests entertained with awesome music! From the entry music to the exit...it. was. perfect. And it didn't break the bank! Choose Ascend Entertainment for a worry-free wedding!!
  • ??
    Amy Married on 09/22/2018
    Excellent!!! Worked with me when I needed 1 more day to double check my selections. AJ was great about double checking details to get everything right but wasn't at all pushy or in my face. He had a great personality and really put me at ease! Everyone had a fabulous time! I couldnt reccomend him more!
  • Taylor
    Taylor B. Married on 08/11/2018

We love aj!

AJ was absolutely AMAZING to work with! He was so supportive throughout the entire process and went above and beyond to make sure that everything was exactly the way we wanted it. He was extremely responsive to all of our messages and made planning so simple. He came to find me while my dress was being bustled and talked me through the entire reception - it was so nice knowing it was all taken care of! We would 100% recommend him!
    Kasey Married on 06/23/2018
    My husband and I loved this company! Our DJ was AJ and he was awesome! He got everyone dancing and he interacted with the guest! I will definitely be recommending them to my friends who are getting married in Charleston!
    Ashnoo Married on 05/05/2018
    We had a wonderful experience with Ascend. AJ was amazing- he was very professional, prompt to answer all emails, and worked diligently with us to create the perfect ambiance for our beach wedding and reception. We struggled to find a DJ in the Charleston area who was familiar with indian music; AJ did an INCREDIBLE job incorporating indian music and provided the perfect balance of both cultures. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time and and so many guests raved about AJ and his amazing playlist. We are so happy that we booked with Ascend and would highly recommend them.
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 02/18/2018
    I cannot say enough positive things about AJ, owner of Ascend. From the very beginning everything about him and his business was on point and top notch. No matter what crazy requests we threw at him he was all over it. He managed to have people on the dance floor even for a middle of the day/light on the alcohol reception. Not to mention being a funny and personable guy. We could not have been happier.
    Brittany Married on 12/16/2017
    AJ is hands down the best DJ in Charleston!! He was extremely accommodating and understanding of our needs. He made our wedding celebration incredibly special and a day that my husband and I will never forget! I will ALWAYS recommend Ascend Entertainment to anyone looking for an amazing, professional, authentic DJ for their wedding or event!
    Steven Married on 11/02/2017
    AJ was fantastic from the very beginning when we first met him. He made us very comfortable and introduced us to his online portal where you can drop and drag any songs you like/dislike and input your wedding timeline. He was more than eager to assist us with finding some Filipino songs for us, and he never skipped a beat with having mics at the ready for all the performances. During the wedding he was set up and prepared from the onset, and had his finger on the pulse the entire time. AJ is welcoming, flexible, knowledgeable and professional. I would strongly recommend him to anyone, for any event.
    Lisa Married on 10/20/2017
    If you book with ascend you will not be disappointed. I cannot imagine any better service than what we got. AJ is so awesome both of my daughters got married this year one on 05/12/17 and then the second one on 10/20/17 and we used AJ both times he keeps the crowd moving and so much fun had both times. He handled all the music they walk down too as well. One venue was Magnolia Plantations and the other was Boone Hall Plantations. I would recommend him to anyone who ask for dj. AJ you are the best!!!!
    Lacy Married on 09/23/2017
    AJ and Ascend Entertainment SAVED our wedding day!! After having our DJ cancel on us 14 days before our wedding, they came to the rescue!! From the first email conversation with AJ, I knew that he was the DJ that we HAD To have for our wedding day! He was so responsive and willing to do ANYTHING to help! He was pretty much available to me 24/7 to answer any questions I had and to help relieve my stress. I could not have found someone more helpful! Our wedding turned out awesome!! Aj knew exactly what songs to play to keep our guests on the dance floor all night long! Everyone had a blast and he was super fun and professional!! I would totally recommend using Ascend Entertainment for your wedding! :)
    Angel Married on 06/17/2017
    After hurricane Irma canceled our wedding back in September I was so nervous that I wasn't going to get AJ as our DJ the next go around. We were very fortunate to get AJ the 2nd time. AJ would make phone calls to us or text messages just to check on us. We had very high expectations for our music list because it was so unique considering we had music snobs in our group :) AJ met every expectation and went above and beyond! The photobooth was absolutely amazing and couldn't have been happier!

Thank you so much AJ and Ascend Entertainment for making it our most favorite memorable night to remember.
    Nicole Married on 05/12/2017
    AJ and Brandon from Ascend Entertainment are the dynamic duo. From the moment I met AJ I knew we had to have Ascend Entertainment DJ our wedding reception. Both Brandon and AJ made our wedding process very easy as they were prompt in communication, we're super fun and over all a great addition to make our wedding a success. Brandon assisted us with our super secret first dance surprise to make sure the music compilation my husband and I put together could actually play and made sure it sounded good before the big day. They provided a cell phone charging station which all of our guests loved and up lighting which helped tie all of our decor together. I can't thank Ascend enough to keeping that dance floor packed and making our night so special!
    Brittany Married on 05/06/2017
    Ascend Entertainment did a phenomenal job coordinating our ceremony music and facilitating our reception. We could not have asked for a better experience.
    Elizabeth Married on 04/08/2017
    I could not have asked for a better DJ than Ascend or AJ. Everything was perfect! He was willing to meet at venue, plan, and make alternate plans. I could not have chosen a better DJ! I give an A+ for service, product, and price! I highly recommend anyone to use them for an event!