106 Reviews for Ascend Entertainment

Uplighting (5)
Disco Ball (2)
Photobooth (1)
105 Ascend Entertainment Reviews

I cannot say enough positive things about AJ, owner of Ascend. From the very beginning everything about him and his business was on point and top notch. No matter what crazy requests we threw at him he was all over it. He managed to have people on the dance floor even for a middle of the day/light on the alcohol reception. Not to mention being a funny and personable guy. We could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Maggie, 2/18/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

AJ is hands down the best DJ in Charleston!! He was extremely accommodating and understanding of our needs. He made our wedding celebration incredibly special and a day that my husband and I will never forget! I will ALWAYS recommend Ascend Entertainment to anyone looking for an amazing, professional, authentic DJ for their wedding or event!

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor

AJ was fantastic from the very beginning when we first met him. He made us very comfortable and introduced us to his online portal where you can drop and drag any songs you like/dislike and input your wedding timeline. He was more than eager to assist us with finding some Filipino songs for us, and he never skipped a beat with having mics at the ready for all the performances. During the wedding he was set up and prepared from the onset, and had his finger on the pulse the entire time. AJ is welcoming, flexible, knowledgeable and professional. I would strongly recommend him to anyone, for any event.

Profile Picture steven, 11/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

If you book with ascend you will not be disappointed. I cannot imagine any better service than what we got. AJ is so awesome both of my daughters got married this year one on 05/12/17 and then the second one on 10/20/17 and we used AJ both times he keeps the crowd moving and so much fun had both times. He handled all the music they walk down too as well. One venue was Magnolia Plantations and the other was Boone Hall Plantations. I would recommend him to anyone who ask for dj. AJ you are the best!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Lighting & Decor

AJ and Ascend Entertainment SAVED our wedding day!! After having our DJ cancel on us 14 days before our wedding, they came to the rescue!! From the first email conversation with AJ, I knew that he was the DJ that we HAD To have for our wedding day! He was so responsive and willing to do ANYTHING to help! He was pretty much available to me 24/7 to answer any questions I had and to help relieve my stress. I could not have found someone more helpful! Our wedding turned out awesome!! Aj knew exactly what songs to play to keep our guests on the dance floor all night long! Everyone had a blast and he was super fun and professional!! I would totally recommend using Ascend Entertainment for your wedding! :)

Profile Picture Lacy, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

AJ and Brandon from Ascend Entertainment are the dynamic duo. From the moment I met AJ I knew we had to have Ascend Entertainment DJ our wedding reception. Both Brandon and AJ made our wedding process very easy as they were prompt in communication, we're super fun and over all a great addition to make our wedding a success. Brandon assisted us with our super secret first dance surprise to make sure the music compilation my husband and I put together could actually play and made sure it sounded good before the big day. They provided a cell phone charging station which all of our guests loved and up lighting which helped tie all of our decor together. I can't thank Ascend enough to keeping that dance floor packed and making our night so special!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/12/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Ascend Entertainment did a phenomenal job coordinating our ceremony music and facilitating our reception. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Lighting & Decor

I could not have asked for a better DJ than Ascend or AJ. Everything was perfect! He was willing to meet at venue, plan, and make alternate plans. I could not have chosen a better DJ! I give an A+ for service, product, and price! I highly recommend anyone to use them for an event!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Awesome!! AJ did a great job at our wedding! He was very helpful, professional and made sure that things ran smoothly and that everyone was having fun! He was also very quick to respond to emails and phone calls! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ashli, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

AWESOME!!! We were told that AJ / Ascend Entertainment is the best in Charleston, and they were. Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception were perfect. AJ listens to your special requests do's and dont's and follows through! The sound quality was phenomenal. The venue drafted a room plan for where the DJ would go. When I showed the layout to AJ he immediately made changes, as it was important to him that he was set up strategically so the sound would be even throughout the room (ensuring nobody would be blown out from the speakers). He played the perfect music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Choose Ascend Entertainment for your celebration - do not look any further!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 2/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor

If you want a stress-free DJ, then Ascend Entertainment is your vendor! From day one, we had prompt responses from Ascend. The day of our wedding was perfect! They had all of our guests on the dance floor from 7pm until the end of the night. Everyone was wanting the party to continue!! They definitely know exactly what to do to make your experience as easy as possible. If I could have given more than 5 stars, I would have! Thank you for making our wedding the perfect day!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Better late than never! Whoops! AJ saved the day after our horrific experience with our original DJ not responding to anything from us! AJ Stepped in and took all the burden and decision making off of me! He was fully prepared to make sure that we had plenty of great music and photo booth ready for our wedding day! When meeting with AJ I instantly knew I could trust him and he was the man for the job! Brandon was our DJ the night of the wedding and he had the dance floor pull from the beginning to the end! Thanks AJ and crew for coming to the rescue!!!!

Profile Picture Julia, 10/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

AJ was wonderful to work with! I couldn't have asked for a more stress free, work with whatever I threw at him at the last minute, DJ! He helped make our night the best night possible and made sure our guests enjoyed the night as much as we did!!! You will not go wrong if you choose Ascend Entertainment for your wedding DJ!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Top quality service! AJ is a dream to work with and made my daughter's wedding and reception a night to remember. We were able to turn everything over to him once the music started until the last song was played. A true professional!!!

Profile Picture Cindy , 5/27/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC

Aj was amazing!! He was always quick to respond with any planning questions I had and was open to meeting with me whenever needed to go through how my day was going to flow. The night of my wedding everything was perfect from his energy, to the photo booth props and attendant, and to the music choices. He was awesome !!!! I would recommend Ascend Entertainment to any one planning an event in need of music or a photo booth!!!

Profile Picture Brandy, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

AJ was absolutely phenomenal. I couldn't possibly say enough good things about him. Planning a wedding is beyond stressful but working with AJ was anything but. He went out of his way to make our wedding exactly what we wanted and was beyond accommodating to everything that we needed. Our wedding was one of the best parties our friends have ever been to thanks to him. I wish I could give him 20 stars bc 5 just isn't enough for how much we loved working with AJ and how fantastic he made our wedding. We will be forever grateful.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

All I can say is that AJ and crew provided some of the best music at my daughter's wedding that was held in May,2016. We couldn't get the people off of the dance floor at the end!

Profile Picture cathy, 5/21/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

AJ was awesome! We can't say enough good about him. He met with us and our event planner and was so easy to coordinate with and responsive to emails very quickly especially with it being a destination wedding for us. He kept everything on time and running smoothly. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone as good as AJ was and at quite a reasonable price! He threw in some light effects and cell phone charging stations for us too which were super great to have! Would give him 10 stars if we could:)

Profile Picture Abra, 5/17/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

If you book AJ with Ascend Entertainment you won't regret it! We got married 4/23/16 and AJ provided ceremony music, DJ at reception and lighting. He was very professional and responsive to emails and any questions I had, along with helping me create a voiceover for my father/daughter dance which turned out great! He really knew how to make us feel like we were his top priority and that nothing would go wrong on his watch! He had everyone on the dance floor the entire night which is pretty hard to do at most weddings but he played such an array of music that there was something everyone liked at some point throughout the night. If there was more than a 5-star rating he would get it!

Profile Picture User4673509, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

AJ Snow was the DJ for our wedding and he far exceeded my expectations. For the ceremony he used the exact songs I requested and got the timing perfectly right for everyone to walk down the aisle. During the reception he not only played music but he continuously prompted my husband and I on where to go and what to do (e.g. it's time to cut the cake, start making your way over there). He's definitely a 5 star vendor, don't think twice about choosing him!

Profile Picture Leah, 4/10/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I wish 10 stars was an option for AJ and the whole Ascend experience. I imagine that I was a pretty "high maintenance" bride hosting an out of town wedding, and AJ literally made my life easy and our wedding AMAZING. Quick and sincere responses all the time, a great online portal, and his willingness to completely customize every detail to reflect my husband and I were just the tip of the iceberg for this guy. Our dance floor was packed all the night long and he even customized a surprise father/daughter dance. I had the best experience with Ascend and cannot speak highly enough of this DJ. We had the best night of our life. Thank you for everything!!! -J&S

Profile Picture Jami, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

AJ Snow did not disappoint! He was so responsive to my emails (within an hour, if not within minutes) to any question or request I had. He made it work and really gave us the party we wanted for our guests. We danced the night away and he read the crowd perfectly. I danced so much that I didn’t even want to take my shoes off and take a break. If you want someone who is attentive and really grasps what you need for your day, make sure to book with AJ at Ascend—he is top notch and I am glad I went with my venue’s recommendation!

Profile Picture Leah, 2/27/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ joe was AMAZING!! He kept the crowd dancing all night!! Also, AJ is so great to work with and does everything he can to make the wedding perfect!! He chose the perfect DJ for our wedding. I would highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture Hillary , 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

AJ was an absolutely amazing DJ at our wedding! I do not live in Charleston so I had to communicate with him through phone and email-- he was always quick to respond and was able to help out with any suggestions I asked him. My guests raved about how much fun they had dancing all night and always heard every song they asked him to play. I definitely recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/7/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones

Hiring Ascend for my wedding was the best decision I made! From start to finish, they were very responsive and helpful. Day of, everything went so smoothly and all my guests danced all night! I highly recommend them for anyone that wants an amazing and fun wedding!

Profile Picture User6088034, 2+ years ago, 1 Review