Ascend Entertainment Reviews

Ascend Entertainment 5
  • Meg Nicole

Meg · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Wedding DJ in Charleston

AJ is the best Wedding DJ in Charleston, hands down!! I booked Ascend Entertainment for a photo booth, uplighting, and DJ services for my wedding last month. I have to admit before my wedding I was stressing because we didn’t have a big guest list (95ish people) and probably only half of them would dance. My husband’s family is super religious and conservative, so I was picturing an empty dance floor the whole night haha. But AJ always kept people on the dance floor. Somehow my 80-year-old Grandma was dancing – I’m not sure how that happened LOL! My sister was complaining that Grandma didn’t dance at her wedding – I said well that’s because you didn’t have AJ! AJ knows what he is doing when it comes to DJ’ing weddings and it shows. He also is amazing to work with – he responds SO quickly to any questions I had throughout the year of communicating with him. He’s also just super nice, friendly, fun, and very professional. He’s literally everything you could want in a Wedding DJ. Book AJ for your wedding, you won’t regret it!

Tori · Married on 10/13/2018

Everything was great!

AJ and his team were great! Everything we asked for they were able to accomplish and the whole song was great!! Highly recommend!

• ??

Amy · Married on 09/22/2018

Excellent!!! Worked with me when I needed 1 more day to double check my selections. AJ was great about double checking details to get everything right but wasn't at all pushy or in my face. He had a great personality and really put me at ease! Everyone had a fabulous time! I couldnt reccomend him more!

Ascend Entertainment 6
    Ascend Entertainment 7
  • Taylor

Taylor Bost · Married on 08/11/2018

We love aj!

AJ was absolutely AMAZING to work with! He was so supportive throughout the entire process and went above and beyond to make sure that everything was exactly the way we wanted it. He was extremely responsive to all of our messages and made planning so simple. He came to find me while my dress was being bustled and talked me through the entire reception - it was so nice knowing it was all taken care of! We would 100% recommend him!

Kasey · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I loved this company! Our DJ was AJ and he was awesome! He got everyone dancing and he interacted with the guest! I will definitely be recommending them to my friends who are getting married in Charleston!

Ashnoo · Married on 05/05/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Ascend. AJ was amazing- he was very professional, prompt to answer all emails, and worked diligently with us to create the perfect ambiance for our beach wedding and reception. We struggled to find a DJ in the Charleston area who was familiar with indian music; AJ did an INCREDIBLE job incorporating indian music and provided the perfect balance of both cultures. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time and and so many guests raved about AJ and his amazing playlist. We are so happy that we booked with Ascend and would highly recommend them.

Maggie · Married on 02/18/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about AJ, owner of Ascend. From the very beginning everything about him and his business was on point and top notch. No matter what crazy requests we threw at him he was all over it. He managed to have people on the dance floor even for a middle of the day/light on the alcohol reception. Not to mention being a funny and personable guy. We could not have been happier.

Brittany · Married on 12/16/2017

AJ is hands down the best DJ in Charleston!! He was extremely accommodating and understanding of our needs. He made our wedding celebration incredibly special and a day that my husband and I will never forget! I will ALWAYS recommend Ascend Entertainment to anyone looking for an amazing, professional, authentic DJ for their wedding or event!

steven · Married on 11/02/2017

AJ was fantastic from the very beginning when we first met him. He made us very comfortable and introduced us to his online portal where you can drop and drag any songs you like/dislike and input your wedding timeline. He was more than eager to assist us with finding some Filipino songs for us, and he never skipped a beat with having mics at the ready for all the performances. During the wedding he was set up and prepared from the onset, and had his finger on the pulse the entire time. AJ is welcoming, flexible, knowledgeable and professional. I would strongly recommend him to anyone, for any event.

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2017

If you book with ascend you will not be disappointed. I cannot imagine any better service than what we got. AJ is so awesome both of my daughters got married this year one on 05/12/17 and then the second one on 10/20/17 and we used AJ both times he keeps the crowd moving and so much fun had both times. He handled all the music they walk down too as well. One venue was Magnolia Plantations and the other was Boone Hall Plantations. I would recommend him to anyone who ask for dj. AJ you are the best!!!!

Lacy · Married on 09/23/2017

AJ and Ascend Entertainment SAVED our wedding day!! After having our DJ cancel on us 14 days before our wedding, they came to the rescue!! From the first email conversation with AJ, I knew that he was the DJ that we HAD To have for our wedding day! He was so responsive and willing to do ANYTHING to help! He was pretty much available to me 24/7 to answer any questions I had and to help relieve my stress. I could not have found someone more helpful! Our wedding turned out awesome!! Aj knew exactly what songs to play to keep our guests on the dance floor all night long! Everyone had a blast and he was super fun and professional!! I would totally recommend using Ascend Entertainment for your wedding! :)

Angel · Married on 06/17/2017

After hurricane Irma canceled our wedding back in September I was so nervous that I wasn't going to get AJ as our DJ the next go around. We were very fortunate to get AJ the 2nd time. AJ would make phone calls to us or text messages just to check on us. We had very high expectations for our music list because it was so unique considering we had music snobs in our group :) AJ met every expectation and went above and beyond! The photobooth was absolutely amazing and couldn't have been happier!

Thank you so much AJ and Ascend Entertainment for making it our most favorite memorable night to remember.

Ascend Entertainment 8
    Ascend Entertainment 9
    Ascend Entertainment 10

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2017

AJ and Brandon from Ascend Entertainment are the dynamic duo. From the moment I met AJ I knew we had to have Ascend Entertainment DJ our wedding reception. Both Brandon and AJ made our wedding process very easy as they were prompt in communication, we're super fun and over all a great addition to make our wedding a success. Brandon assisted us with our super secret first dance surprise to make sure the music compilation my husband and I put together could actually play and made sure it sounded good before the big day. They provided a cell phone charging station which all of our guests loved and up lighting which helped tie all of our decor together. I can't thank Ascend enough to keeping that dance floor packed and making our night so special!

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

Ascend Entertainment did a phenomenal job coordinating our ceremony music and facilitating our reception. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/08/2017

I could not have asked for a better DJ than Ascend or AJ. Everything was perfect! He was willing to meet at venue, plan, and make alternate plans. I could not have chosen a better DJ! I give an A+ for service, product, and price! I highly recommend anyone to use them for an event!

Ashli · Married on 04/01/2017

Awesome!! AJ did a great job at our wedding! He was very helpful, professional and made sure that things ran smoothly and that everyone was having fun! He was also very quick to respond to emails and phone calls! Highly recommend!

Lisa · Married on 02/03/2017

AWESOME!!! We were told that AJ / Ascend Entertainment is the best in Charleston, and they were. Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception were perfect. AJ listens to your special requests do's and dont's and follows through! The sound quality was phenomenal. The venue drafted a room plan for where the DJ would go. When I showed the layout to AJ he immediately made changes, as it was important to him that he was set up strategically so the sound would be even throughout the room (ensuring nobody would be blown out from the speakers). He played the perfect music to keep everyone on the dance floor. Choose Ascend Entertainment for your celebration - do not look any further!!

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

If you want a stress-free DJ, then Ascend Entertainment is your vendor! From day one, we had prompt responses from Ascend. The day of our wedding was perfect! They had all of our guests on the dance floor from 7pm until the end of the night. Everyone was wanting the party to continue!! They definitely know exactly what to do to make your experience as easy as possible. If I could have given more than 5 stars, I would have! Thank you for making our wedding the perfect day!!!

Julia · Married on 10/07/2016

Better late than never! Whoops! AJ saved the day after our horrific experience with our original DJ not responding to anything from us! AJ Stepped in and took all the burden and decision making off of me! He was fully prepared to make sure that we had plenty of great music and photo booth ready for our wedding day! When meeting with AJ I instantly knew I could trust him and he was the man for the job! Brandon was our DJ the night of the wedding and he had the dance floor pull from the beginning to the end! Thanks AJ and crew for coming to the rescue!!!!

Chelsea · Married on 09/10/2016

AJ was wonderful to work with! I couldn't have asked for a more stress free, work with whatever I threw at him at the last minute, DJ! He helped make our night the best night possible and made sure our guests enjoyed the night as much as we did!!! You will not go wrong if you choose Ascend Entertainment for your wedding DJ!

Cindy · Married on 05/27/2016

Top quality service! AJ is a dream to work with and made my daughter's wedding and reception a night to remember. We were able to turn everything over to him once the music started until the last song was played. A true professional!!!

Brandy · Married on 05/22/2016

Aj was amazing!! He was always quick to respond with any planning questions I had and was open to meeting with me whenever needed to go through how my day was going to flow. The night of my wedding everything was perfect from his energy, to the photo booth props and attendant, and to the music choices. He was awesome !!!! I would recommend Ascend Entertainment to any one planning an event in need of music or a photo booth!!!

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2016

AJ was absolutely phenomenal. I couldn't possibly say enough good things about him. Planning a wedding is beyond stressful but working with AJ was anything but. He went out of his way to make our wedding exactly what we wanted and was beyond accommodating to everything that we needed. Our wedding was one of the best parties our friends have ever been to thanks to him. I wish I could give him 20 stars bc 5 just isn't enough for how much we loved working with AJ and how fantastic he made our wedding. We will be forever grateful.

cathy · Married on 05/21/2016

All I can say is that AJ and crew provided some of the best music at my daughter's wedding that was held in May,2016. We couldn't get the people off of the dance floor at the end!

Abra · Married on 05/17/2016

AJ was awesome! We can't say enough good about him. He met with us and our event planner and was so easy to coordinate with and responsive to emails very quickly especially with it being a destination wedding for us. He kept everything on time and running smoothly. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone as good as AJ was and at quite a reasonable price! He threw in some light effects and cell phone charging stations for us too which were super great to have! Would give him 10 stars if we could:)