Art Works Reviews

11 | Richmond, VA

11 Reviews for Art Works

1 User photo

• User2936759 · 1+ year ago

The blend of space, location, and design made ArtWorks perfect for our wedding reception. Guests could dance, chat, or browse local artists' studios around the venue. The staff is flexible and knowledgeable. Despite our stress, Albert kept a laid-back, "We've got you!" attitude the whole way through, enduring our visits and our impromptu dance practice in the main gallery. They have several tables and chairs on hand and there was plenty of room for our 130 guests. Our reception looked gorgeous, access for older guests was a snap, and we were able to have an ice cream truck, too! I would absolutely book there again for another large occasion.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Breck · Married on 05/20/2017

Art works was great leading up to the wedding as well as the day of the wedding. They were around the entire wedding to help with anything we needed.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

I loved working with Artworks, from the first meeting throughout the entire experience, I never once hesitated and I am glad I did not! The vendor list was helpful and the staff is phenomenal!!! Plus you save tons on decoration cause they provide the art, the lights and the white globes! I cannot praise the venue enough! One thing to note is I had 17 tables in the large gallery and I think that might be about the maximum, so if you are planning many more than 170 for a seated dinner, it might start to get tight if you want a dance floor too! But it was perfect for our size group, and even with 170 there was still plenty of room for a bar, buffett, dancing and a whole dessert table, plus a photobooth! I am even trying to convince my boss to do a holiday party there sometime cause I loved the venue so much! An added bonus is that your guests have time to look at the galleries while you are taking pictures after the ceremony! I had two out-of-towners that want to come back to purchase art!!! Top notch service!!!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Brika · Married on 10/01/2016

Awesome venue. Awesome people. They were really helpful and welcoming. I had a concern about renovations affecting my wedding and they were right on it. They even provided recommendations for catering and other resources that we readily used and were fabulous.

*Side note: they give you the cutest swag bag when you sign the contract with them and you might even get a hug from the owner. They're great.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Brigid · Married on 10/01/2016

This was the perfect place to have our wedding. Our guests loved looking at all the galleries during the reception. The staff was always responsive and helpful with all of my questions and requests. It was a little different, but very engaging atmosphere.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

The Art Works staff were very helpful, and the venue was beautiful. As a first time bride, I felt that the suggestions they made concerning decorating were incredibly helpful.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Ronnie · Married on 04/30/2015

This venue was a great choice for Ben and I. Having the artwork for our guest to look at was an added pleasure. Glenda and the gang were great to work with.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Aimee · Married on 12/13/2014

After visiting Art Works for the first time, we knew this was the place! The staff is very helpful, friendly, and flexible. They offer different sized packages to fit weddings and other special events of all types. The package we chose was just right for us and included table set up/disassembly, some decorations, parking, kitchen for the caterers, ample space, and more. Prior to the event, the staff is always ready to answer any questions or concerns and they respond in a very timely manner. They provide you with lists of vendors they have worked with before to help you out, but you are also welcome to use outside vendors as well. They allow you and your vendors to set up the day before your event and day of if your event is later in the day. They can even help you plan out where tables, etc. need to go and you are always welcome to stop by during their normal business hours to plan things out. Because of certain specifications of the venue, a liquor license is not required for certain events. We did not need one and we found this to be very helpful; we only needed to provide qualified bar tenders, which we were able to acquire from our caterer. During your event, the different galleries are open, so, if you have a cocktail hour or if guests arrive early, they are welcome to view the different art work and keep themselves entertained instead of sitting at a table and waiting. Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience and wonderful people to work with!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Shannon · Married on 10/04/2014

By far, Art Works was the easiest, most helpful venue to work with on my wedding day! They were very responsive with any question I had, and anytime I asked if I could do something their answer was "yes!" They were the most laid back venue. There were no restrictions on which vendors or caterers I could use. They let me bring in decorations, alcohol, etc. starting the weekend before the event, which helped me immensely, because I don't think I could have gotten all of those items to the venue the day before or the day of. They have many different package options to suit your every need. I was very pleased and have already recommended them to a few people. Talk about easy and stress free!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Laura · Married on 10/28/2017

I am so glad we chose Art Works as our wedding venue- it was perfect for the atmosphere we wanted. Glenda was very flexible and calm, such a good person to work with. The ceremony in the upstairs gallery was intimate and warm, and the reception downstairs was soooo much fun- the space was ideal! Thank you, Art Works!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Mary · Married on 07/15/2017

3.0

We were pleased to find an affordable reception location for our daughter's wedding. We struggled a bit getting calls and emails return on the front end, but the week of the wedding was fabulous and everything we needed the day-of was done as requested. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/23/2017