43 Reviews for Art of Emotion

One Event/Day (1)
Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)
43 Art of Emotion Reviews

We had a great experience working with Becky. They were very professional from start to finish. Their price is very reasonable and provided good value. We don't consider ourselves photogenic and usually don't like pictures of ourselves. Considering this, I enjoy looking back at our pictures and could do so for hours. I would recommend them.

Profile Picture Dia, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

I saw my coworker's photographs from her wedding and I knew that Becky was the right photographer for us! Weddings are once in a lifetime, and she and Josh captured it in a way that made us look like we belong on a cover of a magazine. The photos are artistic and tasteful, definitely what we wanted to have for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Becky was very sweet and I felt very comfortable with her immediately, which is something you want with a photographer. She is extremely professional and has an amazing eye. I loved how she captured the emotion on our special day. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User6048458, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was so impressed by the flexibility and helpfulness of Art of Emotion. I picked them for my wedding photos because I loved the looks they get in the pictures and they did an amazing job! Their pricing was very reasonable and they were willing to work with what I wanted. On the day they were so easy to work with and made me feel very relaxed while we were taking pictures.

Becky and Josh are very professional and fun to work with, the pictures turned out amazing and I couldn't have been happier with them! The hard copies were also very nice to receive and the personalized box made it so special!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was referred to Becky through our venue - we were able to see all of her wonderful photo books ahead of time and I knew I loved her style and photo journalistic feel. Becky and Josh did a great job capturing all of our many, many details (we had a ton so this was a pretty impressive feat). They were also very open to using props that I supplied such as sunglasses and chalkboard signs for some of wedding party shots. I was happy that Becky stuck to her post production timeline and it was really great to receive a hard copy of all of the images in a really beautiful custom photo box. I researched many different photographers and Becky and Josh were so reasonable and it was an added bonus that I loved her style/finishes that she uses. We added an hour of time to our contract but I wish we would have add one more!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/21/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

I researched many photographers for my wedding and ultimately decided on Art of Emotion because Becky left me with the impression that she was knowledgable and really loved photography. She was more affordable than most other photographers I met with, while still maintaining a very professional portfolio. On top of it, I really enjoyed her personality!

I asked a strict timeline of her and her daughter on the day of the wedding because I wanted to enjoy the cocktail hour. She worked diligently to meet that timeline. She also worked well with my wedding coordinators. Both her and her daughter were discreet where necessary and offered suggestions where needed. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a professional photographer!!!

Profile Picture User4580451, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We couldn’t be happier that we chose Art of Emotion to do our engagement and wedding photos. We always heard that choosing a photographer would be one of the most difficult decisions we would make in planning our wedding. It turned out to be the easiest decision. From the moment we first met with Becky and Josh, we knew it was the perfect choice. Their style of photography was unlike anything we’d ever seen or been a part of. Their years of experience shine through in every photo they take. They have a vision for beauty and were able to capture every special moment we experienced on our wedding day. Becky is so knowledgeable in the wedding field; she even helped me corset my dress! They were professional, friendly, gave clear direction, and helped us feel at ease. Now we have gorgeous, breathtaking photos to always remember our wedding day. Thank you Becky and Josh for an unforgettable experience!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Me and my wife are so happy we picked Art of Emotion for our wedding! we were amazed at how even after working in hundreds of weddings Becky treats everyone with such a quality of excellence and she really loves what she does and for that we are so appreciative of her work. The quality of the photos were spectacular! The experience she has made our wedding less stressful, I highly recommend Art of Emotion to anyone getting married.

Profile Picture Matthew, 2/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Becky and her son were the nicest people and they have the most beautiful work! Every conversation with them we had and every meeting we had, they were incredibly kind, professional and had wonderful eye for beauty. We are so blissfully happy that they were able to be there for our wedding and when we received everything, we were blown away by how beautiful everything was. There was so much attention to detail, and you could see and feel the love and creativity in everything. It's true that once the wedding ceremony and reception is over, you have memories of course, but it's the photography that lasts, and the Art of Emotion perfectly captured every big and small moment.

If you have a wedding or an event in the bay area, I would suggest calling Becky first and forget any other vendor.

Profile Picture Ryan, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you like the style of photography that you see in the Art of Emotion's gallery's, then look no further. Becky and Josh are extremely professional and passionate about what they do - and they will absolutely achieve your goals of amazing, beautiful, unique wedding photography. Their prices are reasonable, unlike many of the others out there, and they work efficiently. They will absolutely recognize any vision you have for your wedding pictures, and you will be forever enchanted by the results.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing Art of Emotion was the easiest decision I made for our entire wedding. The aesthetic, uniqueness, professionalism and pricing was everything I was looking for. As soon as I met Becky and saw her other work, we were done. And people are still commenting on how incredible our wedding pictures are. They really captured the essence of who we are and what the event was like. I couldn't recommend Art of Emotion more!

Profile Picture Sara, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Art of Emotion be our wedding photographers. Working with Becky was such a breeze. She was informative, kind, honest, and had many great practical suggestions for photos, as well as for the wedding day schedule. She always got back to me if I had questions. 5 stars for booking, follow up, and for Becky being Becky.

Come the day of the wedding, Becky and Josh were on time, and incredibly patient when I was running late from hair and makeup. We took our family and bridal party photos in such an organized and fast manner. Both of us felt so comfortable when we had our “alone” pics as husband and wife. We are not the PDA type, but with Becky and Josh we both felt so comfortable!!! (If you can, you should book an engagement session with Becky too. It helped relax us for the big day and also gave us a chance to get to know her a little better.) Reception photos came and went, and I never even noticed them snapping away! 5 stars for professionalism

Ok now to the most important… The photos are AMAZING-PERFECTION!!! I can literally re-live my wedding day from start to finish just by looking at these images. There are no gaps, and every image is polished, timeless and captures the specialness of that day. The name Art of Emotion is 100% perfect for the type of work they do. I know because each time I look at the photos I feel bipolar… I’m either happy crying, laughing hysterically, reminiscing, smiling… you name it! All because these pictures are just phenomenal!! Art of Emotion is worth every cent and then some (which btw is incredibly reasonable for the quality of work they produce).

So hands down, I have nothing negative to say about my experience with Art of Emotion. Not one thing. Thank you Becky and Josh for allowing my husband and I to re-live one of the best days of our lives forever… moment by moment!!! We are truly thankful to have had you both there to capture it all!

Profile Picture Ashley , 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I weren't sure where we wanted to take our pictures, but Becky had some great ideas and that took some of the load off my shoulders. Becky and Josh were very professional and made the day go by smooth. The pictures came out great, as I look back on them it's as if I'm reliving the wedding all over again. Couldn't have asked for better pictures. Thank you Becky & Josh.

Profile Picture Jordan , 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The day of our wedding seemed to fly by so it is great we had Becky and Josh there to capture the moments. They captured the day perfectly and we were impressed by the amount of detail in the each of the photos. They have an eye for artistic photos and an attention to detail. Many of the pictures they took bring back emotions my wife and I would like to remember for a lifetime. We recommend them to anyone and are happy we chose Art of Emotion to photograph our wedding day.

Profile Picture randolph, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Photography was a key decision when planning our wedding, and my husband and I are beyond pleased with the decision we made choosing Art of Emotion. Our pictures turned out beautiful and every moment of our special day was captured.

Becky and Josh were both professional and personal. They captured every detail--from the lace on the dress to the cake and scenery at our reception. Becky was in-tune with what we felt was important--she helped us design a schedule for the day and made sure she knew what we wanted. Her passion for feeling and emotion are evident in our pictures--she captured every fleeting smile and stolen kiss.

Choosing Becky was one of our best wedding decisions and we get to enjoy our pictures for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Diane, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding and are excited because we have every moment captured thanks to Becky and Josh! You can really see Becky's passion for photography through her work and everyone who has seen our pictures has loved them. She made us look like movie stars! Becky is very knowledgable about weddings and knows that every little detail is important. She even fixed a problem with my dress I didn't know I had! The only thing I would have done differently is to have had them stay longer!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/16/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Photographer was the first one and also the one we reviewed the most while selecting the vendors for our wedding, since photo is the only image that last after the day. Becky is definitely reliable, well-experienced and professional to work with that left no worries for us on the details, logistics, communications, leadtime as well as deliverables with high quality. Wedding planning became better with her suggestions.

Beyond professionalism, Becky has a unique approach to the photos she takes that my husband and I feel “click” with, and couldn’t stop thinking how the photos would look like if we’re the one in them. When we received our photos, no matter for e-session or wedding, not only they’re stunning, unique, appealing, but personal and touching. We can feel the stories and the emotions in our photos, and this is exactly what we’re looking for.

We love our photos so much that we plan to make some of them into fine art prints and hang on walls. Becky and AOE is definitely the photographer we recommend to our friends and families.

Profile Picture Joan, 5/12/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

They say if you're lucky, you only get married once, and if that is the case, you also only get once to capture that day in photos. I cannot tell you enough how happy my husband and I are that we decided to go with Becky Burgin and the Art of Emotion for our wedding day. From the first email, Becky was quick to respond, helpful, friendly, personable and professional. At our first meeting, she brought up so many points that I would've never thought of on my own and even made a timeline for how our wedding should go so she and Josh could get the best pictures possible. I knew right then and there that she was the only photographer I wanted for my big day. On the day of, she was so professional, kind, and even helped out with my pesky train that just wouldn't seem to stay up! Haha!
Her work is beyond amazing! Every picture looks like something out of a bridal magazine. She truly does showcase the life/emotions of that day in all of her photos. My husband and I had decided not to get a videographer, something others thought was necessary, but after we saw all of our pictures, we knew we had done the right thing in spending more on our pictures. Through our photos you can see how the whole day progressed, from getting ready to tearful, tender dances, to the partying on the dance floor. Becky is a true professional who takes pride in her work and it truly is a rare art. I love the way she plays with light and angles and her photojournalistic approach. It's been 4 months now and I still look at our pictures every single day because it just transports me back to that perfect day. I wish I had the wall space to frame them all :) That's what a good photographer can do for you! Make the right choice! You only get to do it once!

Profile Picture Jessica , 2/24/12, 1 Review
4.7

Lets face it. The dress will be worn and packed up. The food, and cake will get eaten. The music will die down, as will the candles. And as though it felt like this night would never end, it will finally be true what you've heard other brides say. "Enjoy it! Cause before you know it, it's over."
We can never really hold on to or keep these things. Yet, with the gift of a great photographer we are able to revisit all the joy, the details, friends and family of one special day. And if you are lucky enough to have The Art of Emotion photographing your wedding day, then you are able to revisit so much more. The romance, the anticipation, the love, the moments that happened when you only wish a camera was around. The Art of Emotion catches it all!

I took great care looking for a photographer, I felt it was THE most important element of our wedding day. I searched countless websites, got recommendations that I sometimes felt obligated to use, but they just weren't what I was looking for. I wanted a photojournalism approach with heart. When I saw The Art of Emotion's portfolio, I as in love. We had the pleasure of having Becky for our event. She was perfect! Punctual, fast, a great director, and such a sweet lady! Whenever we had a question it was answered promptly, and exact. I knew we were in great hands.

She is now my go to photographer for family, and portraits as well. When you've found the best, why go anywhere else?
Our pictures where breathtaking, and the response from others are that of seeing fireworks.
Grandchildren, and greater grandchildren will find these when looking at their ancestry and say, "Wow, I really feel like I'm there!". The memories that Becky has photographed for us will last forever, with grace and style.

Those brides were right, it does go fast…. but there's always anniversary portraits!!

Profile Picture Tava, 12/10/11, 1 Review
4.1

Becky and Josh were amazing. All the photos came out just the way we wanted. They listened to what I wanted with my photos. They made the day of the wedding not as stressfull with all the craziness going on. She even saved my dress from a boutineer mishap...thank you Becky.

Profile Picture Serena, 10/29/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I were thrilled with the service we received from Art of Emotion! Becky was an absolute joy to work with! She went above and beyond on our wedding day. Our pictures are stunning!
- Joy M.

Profile Picture Joy, 10/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were thrilled with Becky and the Art of Emotion. Our pictures are unique, beautiful, and just what we were looking for. Also, Becky was so organized, punctual, and detail oriented. When planning a wedding it's invaluable to have a vendor that takes so much on and is so reliable. Becky is on task and executes her job perfectly. Also, the boys really enjoyed working with Josh before the wedding.
I was lucky and liked all my vendors, but the one area where Becky really stood out was the follow-up. After the wedding I haven't had any contact with anyone else we hired, but Becky checks in regularly to see what we need and make sure we are still happy with our product!
Thanks!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It takes quite awhile to get photos- that is my only complaint. The photos were well worth the wait, and everything that we had hoped for!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/6/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

The Art of Emotion is a joy to work with. From the moment we met Becky we knew we wanted to work with her. She has a warm personality and is helpful in ways that go far beyond what one might expect. She helped plan our time line and even provided recommendations for some last minute wedding gown alterations. Becky also always replied very quickly to all of our emails and had very positive suggestions and ideas that helped us plan the entire day.

She's not only talented, but she clearly loves being part of the wedding process. She was undoubtedly our most helpful vendor from start to finish. We loved working with Becky on the wedding day and she put us at ease the entire time. We never felt rushed or awkward and we absolutely love how our pictures turned out. We cannot stop looking at them and we have had the prints for over a month!

So, if you are looking for the absolute best wedding photographer in Northern California, then look no further! The Art of Emotion is the photographer for you!

Profile Picture Irene, 7/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

With so many great photographers in the bay area, choosing one was very difficult. We interviewed many others before meeting Becky and although they were nice and professional when we met Becky, we both know that she was the one.
During our first meeting it was apparent that she was passionate about wedding photography and excited about potentially being a part of our day. On the wedding day, she and her son Josh showed up on time and thoroughly prepared. She even noticed that my wedding dress was too long in the front and helped prepare a quick fix! Between their skill and relaxed demeanor our wedding day was a great success!

After receiving our photos both my husband and I were so pleased to view all the brilliant work from that day. The emotion and love has been captured forever.

Thank you Becky and Josh!

Profile Picture Yunha, 6/12/11, 1 Review