Around Town Entertainment Reviews

1 User photo

Around Town Entertainment 1
  • Liza

Liza Reagan Franco · Married on 11/20/2019

Best. Band. Ever. You need to have them at your wedding!

Wow. I am a musician so having a good band was a top priority for me. I spent a long time looking and went with the After Party band and they were PHENOMENAL. This band was the life of my wedding. I literally danced non-stop. And the band NEVER STOPPED PLAYING. There was always live music. The singers were amazing, so much spunk and energy. And the musicians were always on point. I had other guests who were also musicians (and guests who weren't) asking where I had found them, and if they played any live shows, and absolutely gushing. I could not have asked for a better band. Really the best part of the wedding. They kept everyone up and on the dance floor and knew exactly what songs to play. I also got to sing a song with them (a surprise for my husband) and it was so lovely. I also had a string trio during the ceremony and jazz musicians during cocktail hour. Everything was perfect and I could not be more happy with our experience. Would recommend this band to everyone.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Tina · Married on 10/05/2019

A True Party Starter

Around Town is a polished and professional band. The vocals and musicians were exceptional. They read the crowd and no one sat down the entire night. Whether it was the younger people or the older generations, every single person commented on how incredible they were. I would highly highly recommend this band for a truly memorable wedding.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Molly Wetmore · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding Band!

I honestly cannot say enough great things of Around Town Band and Adam Michaels! We just got married over the weekend and are still in shock at how packed the dance floor was the entire night! They did not disappoint and played the entire night without any breaks! Our first dance song was sung so perfectly that many people asked us if it was a recording! The musicians are so talented!

Our number one priority was to have a great band. We were a little hesitant because we couldn’t see the band in person and heard their videos online and thought they were pre-recorded from how good they sounded. That was not the case-they really were that amazing live! Adam Michaels was one of the most attentive wedding vendors I’ve had the privilege of working with and would answer all emails immediately! I truly would recommend Around Town Band to any bride and groom, or anyone who is in need of a band! They were truly remarkable!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/27/2019

Real Love Experience that we will Remember forever!

My Husband Mike and I couldn’t be more happy with the performance of Around Town Authority Band on our wedding day. They learned and played all the songs I asked them too and made sure to take in all the details that were important to me! The Acoustic Guitar was beautiful for my ceremony and the Jazz trio worked in a special ambiance for cocktail hour. The band for reception was fun, hard working and continued playing songs that kept everyone dancing! I got so many compliments how great the music was and we couldn’t be happier with the best day of our lives. Thank you so so much for making our perfect day come to life!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 09/14/2019

The best part of our wedding

The All Around Town band was the biggest hit of our entire wedding! They did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all filled with beautiful music. They had the guests on their feet the whole time with no breaks. They were extremely talented but also very flexible with learning as many new songs we wanted. Their song selections ranged for all age groups and genres to appease all our guests.

The most amazing part was their performance for our first dance song. They did their own spin on it per our request and it was unbelievable. Guests to this day still come up to us complimenting the rendition they did for such a special moment.

I would highly recommend them for any event large or small! 9.14.19

Sent on 10/03/2019

Molly Ryan · Married on 08/24/2019

THIS BAND MADE THE PARTY! We never wanted to leave the Dance Floor!!

I can not write enough SPECTACULAR reviews about this band!! We used the Altitude Band that kept us on our feet ALL NIGHT LONG! From the beginning of communication with the man behind the curtain - Adam Michael, he was my true life line. We went to multiple weddings this past summer and most every Monday prior to our wedding, I had a new request or question he would solve for me to make sure our day was pure PERFECTION. I would call him at all hours, and with no question or even thought of bother, he would call me back within the hour to make sure my wishes were granted and happy with the entire night's execution.

We had an 8 piece band, as their standard is 7 pieces, 3 singers, a bass, drums, keyboard, and guitar and I added a Sax player. Each one of them, better than the next and with no hesitation played consistently as requested and had a smile on their face all night long! Many other bands I spoke with, insisted on multiple 15 minute breaks leaving a full hour of no live music. Around Town Entertainment ensures there will always be someone performing whether it be acoustic during dinner or jamming through the night. They listened and executed ALL of my requests FLAWLESSLY! They even let me, as the bride get on stage and sing with them with nothing but encouragement and excitement in the whole room!

Many couples will always rave about their own wedding band, but when you have multiple wedding guests approaching you after the wedding for the following weeks about how amazing your band was, you are SURE the night was a success! Our venue even raved that this company (Altitude Band specific, because i'm now bias) is the EASIEST and friendliest vendor to work with through the process! Adam Michael, we can't thank you and your team enough for a night we will NEVER forget!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Jenny · Married on 08/23/2019

Best decision!

Going with Adam and his team from the After Party Band was probably one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. These other reviews are not kidding when they say that your guests will be on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. Not only did they create an amazing atmosphere, but the team was such a pleasure to work with. Leading up to everything, Adam was our main contact and he was literally the most responsive person I’ve ever met - happy to hop on a call at any notice and always with great professionalism and cheerfulness. (I wish all of our vendors were like Adam!) On the day, Elsa was the main vocalist and also the band leader, and not only was her voice a dream, but she facilitated an amazing song selection and was a wonderful MC (we had a lot of difficult names that she made sure to ask pronunciation for early on and said everything perfectly). Everything from the ceremony piano, cocktail jazz, first and parent dances, to reception dance party - was perfect. Period.

Sent on 09/17/2019

erin · Married on 08/17/2019

Five Stars for Around Town Entertainment

We could not be more thrilled about having hired Around Town as our band. Adam was far and away the most responsive of all of our vendors, which was extremely helpful during the wedding planning process but he also worked to help bring our vision for our wedding to life. We wanted a fresh, top 40/early 2000's throwback vibe that would keep all of our friends (as well as our older family members) on the dance floor all night, and Around Town delivered! They also provided music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We received so many compliments from our guests and had the best night celebrating with Around Town!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Kevin

Kevin Leahy · Married on 07/27/2019

Awesome experience! Consummate professionals

The A-List band exceeded even our lofty expectations! The band leader worked with us to arrange the perfect entrance, first dance and mother/son, father/daughter dances. The band kept playing almost nonstop all night, and we our guests couldn't stop talking about what a great show they put on
    -- without totally stealing the show and taking away the spotlight from us :). I highly recommend booking the A-List band; their musical ability, professionalism and overall demeanor was just what we wanted.

Sent on 08/11/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 07/20/2019

Top Noch Band

The A-List Band got everyone on the dance floor at my wedding. They are such an amazing band, the best I have heard in my life. Everyone at my wedding enjoyed their music. They truly have spectacular voices and are a talented group. Some even said they were better than the original singers of the songs. I love the mix they chose to play. They really got us all in the party and dancing mood at my wedding and I am so glad I found them! You cannot beat the price for an absolute top-noch professional band like this! Trust me, even if you pay more you cannot find more talent than this.

Around Town Entertainment 2
    Sent on 07/30/2019

Becky · Married on 06/02/2019

Hire Them Now!!

Stop your search and hire Around Town now!!! We received SO many compliments on the band that I've lost count. They are unbelievably talented and communication was so easy with Adam. I've never met someone who responds so quickly to emails. Absolutely would hire them again!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia Figueroa · Married on 05/18/2019

Shake your booty!

Adam was excellent to work with. Band set up quickly and got our guests to shake their booty all night long! Excellent band will hire again in the future and i highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/31/2019

R.h.r.m. · Married on 05/10/2019

Everyone was raving about the A-List band

I was honestly a little hesitant at first. The choice between band vs. DJ, and then all of the details in between made me quite worried - particularly not having seen many wedding bands perform before that were in our price range. After chatting with Adam though, I was definitely put at ease. He was super (and I mean that in a real way) responsive, and tried to make things as smooth for us as possible. We got two strings, and a jazz trio added with no additional cost. Honestly, it all still seemed a little too good to be true that the band would actually be amazing and play what we asked for but they delivered on every point to the max! The band leader was a true professional, and amazing to work with both for the ceremony and the reception. She made things so easy. In addition, they actually learned songs in another language (Polish and Russian) to accommodate the preferences of our guests. And it gave me big bonus points with my in laws! Honestly they are totally affordable, a pleasure to work with, and your guests, like ours, will be raving about them for days after!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 04/27/2019

Had everyone dancing ALL NIGHT LONG!

We could not say enough about Around Town Band, they were incredible! The band had every single person at our wedding dancing ALL NIGHT LONG, there was never a time when the dance floor cleared out because of the music. They were fun, easy to work with and one of the best choices we made for our wedding day. Look no further for the perfect band!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Lea · Married on 04/06/2019

Best part of the party!

You will not regret booking Around Town! Adam was super responsive and professional and his talented team of musicians MADE our party. Our friends and family will not stop raving about the band and we couldn't be happier with how they kept everyone on the dance floor all night. If you want a dance party, you will not regret booking Around Town

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Janet

Janet Hoffman · Married on 04/05/2019

Best Band Experience Ever!

We recently used Around Town Entertainment as the band for our son's wedding at the Greenpoint Loft. We were extremely happy with their organization from start to finish. Adam Michaels was a pleasure to work with. He returned our calls to immediately, when we had questions regarding music, band members and particular songs. They learned songs that were important to our family that were not on their expansive playlist. We had a 12 piece ensemble, whose talent and execution of music surpassed any band we have seen at any affair. Our guests danced the night away and the vibe was ecstatic. We and our guests were in awe of their ability and praised them at the event and days afterward. The energy they demonstrated and attention to detail were phenomenal. We recommend them highly.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2018

Fabulous Band

Loved working with Adam!!! From start to finish, booking this band was the best decision. The guests had an absolute blast at the wedding. Dance floor was full all night. They even learned a song the night of the event for my husband. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 01/04/2019

A. L. · Married on 12/15/2018

Fabulous!

LOVED LOVED LOVED Around Town Entertainment! More importantly, the guests at my daughter's wedding LOVED the band and danced all night long! I knew that I would love working with this band the minute that I connected with Adam Michaels, who was professional, responsive and honest. Adam promptly responded to emails/concerns. I also appreciated that he did not try and upsale me. .. .he knew the number of musicians needed for ceremony/cocktail hour/reception. Adam also knew how to read the crowd so that you can completely trust him to make sure that guests are dancing all night long to great music. Thank you Adam and Around Town Entertainment for a most wonderful and memorable evening

Sent on 12/15/2018

Craig · Married on 12/01/2018

Around Town absolutely blew the roof off of our wedding

Around Town Band performed at our wedding last Saturday night and they were absolutely incredible! From my first conversation with Adam I knew I was in good hands with Around Town. He is so incredibly personable and professional, and answered every pre-wedding question quickly.

We used a nine-piece band for our reception (plus, we got a stellar guitarist for the ceremony and a great jazz trio during cocktail hour) and all of our guests were blown away by the talent and energy of Adam and his group! We requested specific songs for the ceremony and first dances and Around Town learned them without hesitation - it meant the world to us.

We had a specific wedding "flow" in mind - dance sets in between meals and speeches, and the band catered to our every need - which included very few breaks!

The vocalists were so awesome - Katrina, GTO and Adam are such amazing talents that people are still talking about the band days later. I highly recommend Around Town - they truly made our wedding a night to remember!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2018

Esla crushed it

The two compliments we heard most often about our wedding were: the food was restaurant-quality, and the band was amazing. From the moment I got in touch with
    Adam, the first thing I noticed was that he was not at all pushy (unlike Hank Lane and some of the other bands I contacted). He was super friendly, answered many questions, and did not seem deterred when I sent him emails about how and when I wanted specific songs played during the reception. Elsa, the band leader, is a legend. Seriously, she executed new music and rivaled Lady Gaga's "I'll Always Remember Us This Way" in a way I did not think could be done. We had the wedding party walk in to a soundtrack from a musical (unusual request) and she crushed that too. I may be biased, but I have been to very few weddings where the dance floor was packed the entire night. My husband and I couldn't even make rounds to tables because no one was sitting at them - everyone was up dancing the entire evening! I cannot recommend Around Town (specifically the "After Party Band") any more highly!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Dolores · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing Bilingual Band!

Around Town Entertainment was the perfect band of our wedding! We had a solo guitarist for our ceremony, a jazz duet for our cocktail hour and a bilingual band for our reception. They kept the party going the entire night, our dance floor was packed! We have not stopped hearing amazing compliments from all our guests. If you are considering a band, Around Town is amazing! Also, if you need a Spanish singer, Around Town was fabulous!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Around Town's After Party band played our wedding in Amagansett, NY two weekends ago and they did a fantastic job! They had people up and dancing before dinner was even served and they did not stop for four straight hours! For days afterwards we heard from friends and family about how awesome they were and we totally agree! From their crowd-pleasing song selections, fun energy, and willingness to learn special requests, they set the tone for an incredible night that everyone will be talking about for years to come! Prior to the wedding, Adam was very responsive and easy to work with, often answering emails within minutes, even late at night. I would highly recommend this company for your next event, especially weddings!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Vincent

Vincent · Married on 09/22/2018

Adam at Around Town Entertainment and Authority Band were prompt, professional and very talented! They were amazing and we didn't want to leave the dance floor! We continue to get rave reviews from all of our guests saying how good the band was. I also really appreciated how prompt and helpful they were along the way with the planning process. Not all of our vendors were like this and it can add a lot of unnecessary stress to the situation. It made a big difference to know that Adam was on top of everything and we didn't have to worry about the band. I strongly recommend having Authority Band at your wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/22/2018

Rave Review!

We knew we wanted live music at our wedding, but struggled to find what we were looking for. We went to multiple band showcases, but what we saw either felt too rehearsed and staged, or too laid back and unprofessional. When we came across Around Town Entertainment—specifically Altitude Band—in an online search, we thought we found what we were looking for.

When we reached out to Around Town’s Adam Michaels for more information, we were both overjoyed to find out how reasonably priced they are and nervous because, he told us they don’t do showcases. Adam understood our anxiety and offered to connect us with previous clients since we wanted some feedback on the band. He gave us over 100 emails and we got dozens and dozens of responses from former clients willing to take the time to rave over Around Town and the other bands in the company. Their enthusiasm was contagious and we were sold. We also had some concerns about language in the contract and Adam was more than happy to help us reach common ground. He spent a lot of time with us on it, and we really appreciated that.

A year later, on our wedding day, we had ZERO regrets. Altitude Band really was exactly what were looking for: professional; engaging with and responsive to the crowd, but not too in their face; talented; and not too stiff or robotic. They weren’t having the forced kind of fun some of the more expensive bands do, but they still were enthusiastic. They learned the songs we asked for the parent dances—and performed them flawlessly—and stayed away from those we asked them to avoid. Altitude got both the older folks and the young ones on the dance floor and kept them there all night.

Both us and our parents continue to hear from guests about how great the band was at our wedding, even months later. Between that and being half the price of the average live band in New York, it’s like Altitude Band/Around Town are almost too good to be true. We cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Kerry · Married on 07/07/2018

Best wedding band I have ever heard! Tons of guests said this. Star quality, in fact we had a star in attendance who sang two songs with them and he was so impressed that he also took their card. Dance floor was packed the entire time. High quality, fun, reliable. Use this band if you want the best party ever.

Sent on 07/10/2018