Around Town Entertainment Reviews

120 | New York, NY

120 Reviews for Around Town Entertainment

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2018

Fabulous Band

Loved working with Adam!!! From start to finish, booking this band was the best decision. The guests had an absolute blast at the wedding. Dance floor was full all night. They even learned a song the night of the event for my husband. Highly recommend!!!!

A. L. · Married on 12/15/2018

Fabulous!

LOVED LOVED LOVED Around Town Entertainment! More importantly, the guests at my daughter's wedding LOVED the band and danced all night long! I knew that I would love working with this band the minute that I connected with Adam Michaels, who was professional, responsive and honest. Adam promptly responded to emails/concerns. I also appreciated that he did not try and upsale me. .. .he knew the number of musicians needed for ceremony/cocktail hour/reception. Adam also knew how to read the crowd so that you can completely trust him to make sure that guests are dancing all night long to great music. Thank you Adam and Around Town Entertainment for a most wonderful and memorable evening

Craig · Married on 12/01/2018

Around Town absolutely blew the roof off of our wedding

Around Town Band performed at our wedding last Saturday night and they were absolutely incredible! From my first conversation with Adam I knew I was in good hands with Around Town. He is so incredibly personable and professional, and answered every pre-wedding question quickly.

We used a nine-piece band for our reception (plus, we got a stellar guitarist for the ceremony and a great jazz trio during cocktail hour) and all of our guests were blown away by the talent and energy of Adam and his group! We requested specific songs for the ceremony and first dances and Around Town learned them without hesitation - it meant the world to us.

We had a specific wedding "flow" in mind - dance sets in between meals and speeches, and the band catered to our every need - which included very few breaks!

The vocalists were so awesome - Katrina, GTO and Adam are such amazing talents that people are still talking about the band days later. I highly recommend Around Town - they truly made our wedding a night to remember!

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2018

Esla crushed it

The two compliments we heard most often about our wedding were: the food was restaurant-quality, and the band was amazing. From the moment I got in touch with
    Adam, the first thing I noticed was that he was not at all pushy (unlike Hank Lane and some of the other bands I contacted). He was super friendly, answered many questions, and did not seem deterred when I sent him emails about how and when I wanted specific songs played during the reception. Elsa, the band leader, is a legend. Seriously, she executed new music and rivaled Lady Gaga's "I'll Always Remember Us This Way" in a way I did not think could be done. We had the wedding party walk in to a soundtrack from a musical (unusual request) and she crushed that too. I may be biased, but I have been to very few weddings where the dance floor was packed the entire night. My husband and I couldn't even make rounds to tables because no one was sitting at them - everyone was up dancing the entire evening! I cannot recommend Around Town (specifically the "After Party Band") any more highly!

Dolores · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing Bilingual Band!

Around Town Entertainment was the perfect band of our wedding! We had a solo guitarist for our ceremony, a jazz duet for our cocktail hour and a bilingual band for our reception. They kept the party going the entire night, our dance floor was packed! We have not stopped hearing amazing compliments from all our guests. If you are considering a band, Around Town is amazing! Also, if you need a Spanish singer, Around Town was fabulous!

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Around Town's After Party band played our wedding in Amagansett, NY two weekends ago and they did a fantastic job! They had people up and dancing before dinner was even served and they did not stop for four straight hours! For days afterwards we heard from friends and family about how awesome they were and we totally agree! From their crowd-pleasing song selections, fun energy, and willingness to learn special requests, they set the tone for an incredible night that everyone will be talking about for years to come! Prior to the wedding, Adam was very responsive and easy to work with, often answering emails within minutes, even late at night. I would highly recommend this company for your next event, especially weddings!

• Vincent

Vincent · Married on 09/22/2018

Adam at Around Town Entertainment and Authority Band were prompt, professional and very talented! They were amazing and we didn't want to leave the dance floor! We continue to get rave reviews from all of our guests saying how good the band was. I also really appreciated how prompt and helpful they were along the way with the planning process. Not all of our vendors were like this and it can add a lot of unnecessary stress to the situation. It made a big difference to know that Adam was on top of everything and we didn't have to worry about the band. I strongly recommend having Authority Band at your wedding!

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 09/22/2018

Rave Review!

We knew we wanted live music at our wedding, but struggled to find what we were looking for. We went to multiple band showcases, but what we saw either felt too rehearsed and staged, or too laid back and unprofessional. When we came across Around Town Entertainment—specifically Altitude Band—in an online search, we thought we found what we were looking for.

When we reached out to Around Town’s Adam Michaels for more information, we were both overjoyed to find out how reasonably priced they are and nervous because, he told us they don’t do showcases. Adam understood our anxiety and offered to connect us with previous clients since we wanted some feedback on the band. He gave us over 100 emails and we got dozens and dozens of responses from former clients willing to take the time to rave over Around Town and the other bands in the company. Their enthusiasm was contagious and we were sold. We also had some concerns about language in the contract and Adam was more than happy to help us reach common ground. He spent a lot of time with us on it, and we really appreciated that.

A year later, on our wedding day, we had ZERO regrets. Altitude Band really was exactly what were looking for: professional; engaging with and responsive to the crowd, but not too in their face; talented; and not too stiff or robotic. They weren’t having the forced kind of fun some of the more expensive bands do, but they still were enthusiastic. They learned the songs we asked for the parent dances—and performed them flawlessly—and stayed away from those we asked them to avoid. Altitude got both the older folks and the young ones on the dance floor and kept them there all night.

Both us and our parents continue to hear from guests about how great the band was at our wedding, even months later. Between that and being half the price of the average live band in New York, it’s like Altitude Band/Around Town are almost too good to be true. We cannot recommend them enough.

Kerry · Married on 07/07/2018

Best wedding band I have ever heard! Tons of guests said this. Star quality, in fact we had a star in attendance who sang two songs with them and he was so impressed that he also took their card. Dance floor was packed the entire time. High quality, fun, reliable. Use this band if you want the best party ever.

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2018

Stop looking and hire Around Town Entertainment!! We researched a ton of bands and can say without a doubt that we picked one of the best. Not only is Adam super responsive, he is so organized (he has a google doc where you can easily edit your info and request specific songs), and he is such a pleasure to work with. The price is very reasonable for the number of musicians you get in the band. We had a package where we got a ceremony musician and jazz trio for cocktail hour, which added a nice touch. The Around Town band itself was amazing!! Every song was so fun and we loved how they tailored the music to some of what we requested and also the general vibe of the guests. People were dancing all night and so many people that night and after have told me what an amazing band they were.

Kathryn · Married on 06/09/2018

Around Town Entertainment were AMAZING! They made our entire wedding and kept the party going all night. Numerous people the night of our wedding and after noted how great they were.

We had a string quartet play during the cocktail hour which was so nice! The band also played basically the entire wedding which was amazing! I've been to weddings before where the band takes lots of breaks but this was not the case.

The band is also such an important part of the night since they set the general flow of the evening. Adam was great and followed our schedule perfectly!! Everything was beyond what I expect.

Adam is also the owner of the Around Town Entertainment and the one we worked with leading up the big day. He was SO helpful and so responsive! Adam would literally respond to our emails within seconds. Very professional and the best wedding band ever!

Jill · Married on 06/02/2018

OH MY GOODNESS HIRE ADAM AND AROUND TOWN FOR YOUR WEDDING!! My husband and I had heard them before so we hired them as soon as we got engaged. Adam is so responsive, and the band is UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE. They fulfilled all of our requests and the ENTIRE WEDDING was dancing the entire night. I love their style of picking up on the crowd's vibes and choosing music from there. The band provided the exact type of energy we wanted and the types of music we wanted -- a great mix of decades and genres, and nothing out of date. We also hired them for the ceremony and the cocktail hour -- each musician so unique and made each moving part of the day so magical. I cannot say enough nice things about them. THEY WILL MAKE YOUR WEDDING!!! People were talking about how good they weeks later!!! And we agree!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!

Denise · Married on 05/27/2018

WOW. Just wow. I do not have enough positive words to say about the Around Town Band!!! I am still DREAMING about the music at our wedding. The singers were all AMAZING!! We didn't get off the dance floor the entire night. They exuded so much energy and sounded FANTASTIC!!!! Our friends and family keep telling us how the music at our wedding was one of the best they've ever heard. And I have to say- Adam Michaels has been a pleasure to work with!! He is nice, professional and very responsive. I can't wait to find an excuse to book them again!!!!!

John · Married on 05/05/2018

The After Party Band of Around Town Entertainment played at my daughter's wedding. They are consummate professionals and talented musicians and entertainers. The dance floor was packed from beginning to end. I was asked many times during the evening, "How did you find this band?" Their live performance is even better than the YouTubes they have on their Website. Their lead, Elsa, knows how to work a wedding. They never took a break with the entire band. With an 8 member band, to catch a breather they will rotate musicians, e.g. two-three musicians during dinner service with software music. You will have non-stop music for your entire event, including cocktail hour. We were delighted with them.

Diana · Married on 04/27/2018

Around town entertainment is amazing! They sound great and professional!

Brooke · Married on 11/18/2017

We had Around Town Band at our wedding last weekend and our families and guests cannot stop raving about them! We met with Adam last year before booking and were very impressed with him. He is super easy to work with and responds to emails almost immediately! When we booked the band they were running a promotion that included ceremony and cocktail hour music, which were both beautiful additions to the day. They played the exact music we wanted - no problem. During the reception everyone was up and dancing! The song selection was amazing and the quality was truly excellent. We have recommended Around Town Entertainment to all of our friends and already know a few people who have booked them!

Nicole · Married on 11/18/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better band for our wedding! We received so many complements from friends and family .. After Party was amazing from the song selection to the vocal quality to the overall energy they brought to the party. Adam was also super responsive and helpful throughout the whole planning process -they are true professionals.

Josh · Married on 11/11/2017

We received so many compliments from friends and family that A-List was the best wedding band they had ever seen in terms of song selection, quality of sound, and energy. Additionally, Adam was so incredibly easy to work with- he replied faster to our questions than any other vendor we used. We would unequivocally recommend Around Town Entertainment to anyone looking for a wedding band. Thank you so much for helping to make November 11 the best night of our lives!

Colleen · Married on 10/21/2017

My fiancé and I chose the Altitude Band from Around Town Entertainment and we could not be happier!!! THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY, HANDS DOWN AMAZING!! The band members all had high energy and kept the party going all night long. They listened to our requests but also used the vibe of the crowd on what song to play next! They played a lot of Bruce Springsteen and nailed it! Couldn't be happier with their performance and professionalism!

- Peter and Colleen Freeman

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

We had Around Town Band play at our wedding and they were everyone's favorite from my 90 year old Great Aunt and Uncle to my teenage cousins. Adam kept everything moving smoothly, and I even received multiple compliments for the guitar solo during dinner. They were clearly a huge hit during our wedding and played songs that everyone enjoyed. Other vendors even commented that they forgot there was a band playing because it sounded so good! As the bride, I was very happy to work with Adam as he made the process very easy. Additionally, I gave them an eclectic mix of songs that I wanted to hear and the band played ALL of them which made my day. Thank you so much again for the outstanding job. I highly recommend this band and would do so over and over again!

Sonya · Married on 09/30/2017

Wow - what a band! They were AMAZING. Not only amazing talent, but the band leaders were very professional, introducing themselves beforehand to us. The band made the evening with all of our guests commenting to us - "where did you find this band" and saying they were the best band they've ever heard at a wedding. People danced the whole night! In addition, their manager, Adam, was great to work with to help organize and very responsive. Highly recommend!!

Elaine · Married on 09/09/2017

For our daughter’s wedding, we chose the Around Town Band from Around Town Entertainment to provide music for the reception. We had a three person jazz ensemble for the cocktail hour and ten piece orchestra for dinner & dancing. Both groups were outstanding, resulting in several of our guests commenting that this is the best wedding band they have ever heard! Once the dancing started, the floor was always filled to capacity. The band’s musicality and ability to engage an audience all combined to make the night an unforgettable experience for everyone. And behind the scenes, their sound technician did a terrific job balancing the sound. Our reception venue was mostly marble and glass, which created an acoustical challenge that the band handled very well. From the outset, we found Adam Michaels to be an excellent partner. His responsiveness is unsurpassed! No matter what time of the day we emailed him, we typically received a response within the hour and most often within minutes of sending. We strongly recommend Adam Michaels, Around Town Entertainment and the Around Town Band if you want a wedding reception that no one will forget!

Grant · Married on 09/09/2017

Stop what you are doing and just hire Around Town Entertainment! We had the After Party band at our wedding in the Catskills and they were amazing!! Each musician was incredible, the voices were sensational. The entire crew brought so much energy and joy to our occasion, making it memorable beyond our wildest imagination. Our guests were dancing for hours and continue to tell us how much fun the reception was thanks to the fabulous band. Adam was incredibly responsive and helpful in planning every detail. On multiple occasions he (and the entire team) went above and beyond to make our day special, including learning a song my husband wrote for me!

Jill · Married on 08/12/2017

WOW! First I must say they were the easiest people to deal with right from the moment we contacted them!
    The band was FABULOUS! I am the Mother of the Groom, I have been to many weddings and I must say this is the BEST BAND that I have ever danced to at any wedding! Every song was perfect, the three singers amazing, the sax perfect and all of the musicians A+. If you are looking for a band to play at your wedding this is THE ONE! I received many emails after the wedding and everyone said, "WOW what a band and what a party!" Thank you for making our wedding the best!