Ari Simphoukham Photography Reviews

Ari Simphoukham Photography 7
  • John

John Cook · Married on 03/24/2019

Exceeded expectations

Ari truly exceeded our expectations as our wedding photographer. Ari delivered AMAZING photographs way ahead of schedule and captured our most candid moments flawlessly. Ari took care of all day-of photography related activities so it was one less thing for us to worry about. He worked great with our videographer and the integration was exceptional.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Lani Tran · Married on 09/29/2018

Ari is amazing!

Our experience with Ari was AMAZING. Ari was our Wedding Photographer. He capture moments we thought were impossible. Many things could go wrong, but hiring Ari was the absolute best thing.

He was very professional and extremely stealth. He had capture moments we did not realized. The photos came our BEAUTIFUL. I am completely impressed. I love the way he is always willing to try new things. The combination of his vision and skills can equal perfection.

Ari work defiantly shows the excitement and joy we had that day. We can re-live our wedding day through his photos all over. We will defiantly be considering Ari as our future photographer for other events.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 8

Adriana · Married on 09/22/2018

Ari is an outstanding photographer--we couldn't be more pleased with our pictures! Photography was the most important thing for me and my husband, so we took great care in researching and selecting our photographer for our Sacramento, CA wedding. We were immediately drawn to Ari's stunning work and unique style--his photo-journalist style is just what we were looking for and he has such a good eye for creating those "moments". We also felt so comfortable with Ari. We initially spoke on Skype and even then, he felt like a friend--warm, helpful, and enthusiastic. As we approached the Big Day, Ari was helpful in answering questions about the timeline and what we should do to prepare. On our wedding day, Ari showed up on time at the hotel and was ready to go. In fact, we hardly noticed he was there, and he captured some amazing shots of us getting ready! The pictures of the ceremony and reception were nothing less than spectacular too. He captured every emotion, and looking back at the pictures brings us right back to our special day. In fact, I tear up every time I see the slideshow he created for us! Everyone who has seen our pictures comments on how stunning they are and what a great eye our photographer has--we couldn't agree more! And as a bonus, the turn around time is great too! We highly recommend Ari--he is a blast to work with and is so talented. You'll just adore your pictures and him!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Jenny · Married on 09/02/2018

Ari is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!

Ari, thank you so much for capturing our special day! The entire day was a blur and we are so grateful we can turn to our photos to help us relive some of the magic. Immediately after our initial Skype consultation with Ari, we knew we could trust him as our photographer. He was patient, listened to our needs, and made us feel comfortable in his vision and confident in his abilities. On the day of the wedding, Ari arrived at our house early to setup and immediately visualize what he wanted to capture. He blended in with the background so our pictures came out very naturally which was what we wanted. We wanted to capture candid moments so when we look back at the photos, it'll jive up a memory. Looking back at the photos, we wondered to ourselves how we didn't notice him. We also purchased the photo booth package that Ari offered. We appreciated the customization for the photo strips and the hard work of his team. They printed fast and the pictures were clear. We can't say enough positive things about the photo booth. But more importantly, we can't say enough positive things about Ari. He worked incredibly hard in capturing our wedding. If he was wearing a Fitbit, I'd bet he ran at least 5 miles that day to make sure he was at the right place at the right time. 5 miles is no easy feat in itself, but doing it in 90+ degree weather is pure dedication to his craft and commitment to his high level of service. Ari is a true professional and stayed beyond our contract time to help us capture the moments that he knew were important to us. We were pleasantly surprised to receive a wedding slideshow a week after our wedding. We watched it in bed and just grinned from ear to ear. We shared it with our family and friends and they all complimented on how beautiful the photos were. We couldn't agree more. We highly recommend Ari. Ari, thank you so much

Sent on 12/03/2018

Gracie · Married on 08/25/2018

We had a number of criteria when we were looking for a wedding photographer, and Ari exceeded expectations in every way. First off, we were bored by the stereotypical blown-out soft-focus fare that we'd seen from most wedding portfolios so we set out to find someone who was more journalistic in style. We didn't give a shit what our plain gold bands looked like with a bunch of bokeh and a 1mm depth of field. We wanted to be able to look at our photos and feel the emotions we felt when we were at the event. When we received the preliminary slideshow of our wedding day, we were floored. It captured all the joy and sweetness that we felt, and we feel that we'll be able to go through these time and time again and actively cherish our day. It isn't that Ari won't be amenable to taking the standard set of expected photos, it's that he brings so much more to the table. The second piece of criterium was that our photographer wouldn't burden the important moments of our special event. I've seen so many photographers ruin a moment because they're under pressure to get a shot. We literally did not notice Ari working his magic. But that's not to say he wasn't completely professional and welcoming when we were chatting. We highly recommend Ari, and will probably try to hire him for other future important emotional events in our lives if he's down for that.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Jon · Married on 08/10/2018

Hiring Ari was the single best decision we made in planning our wedding. Being a wedding photographer myself, photography was number one on the priority list.

Ari blew us away with his kindness, professionalism, and unobtrusiveness. We hired him for the way he captures moments, and he did just that without ever getting in the way. In fact, we barely even noticed he was there. The photos he captured were truly amazing and totally authentic. And to top it all off, he delivered the photos so quickly!

Seriously, if you are considering hiring Ari or you’re on the fence, stop thinking. He’s worth every penny and more. Our only regret is that we didn’t hire him for more time. So don’t make that same mistake. Hire him now, and book his most inclusive package!! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jeremy · Married on 07/21/2018

If you're in the depths of finding a photographer because your wedding is not to far away, then pick up the phone and call Ari Immediately to make sure hes free for your date. I have personally known Ari for 15 years so for myself it was an easy choice to have him for my wedding. My bride however had never met him and was hesitant of hiring him but trusted my judgement to fly him into New York, a place he had yet to take wedding photos. He was in constant communication when we had questions and was able to get information about recommendations on how and when we could organize the big day to tell a story. He describes his style as not forcing pictures and capturing real emotions and boy did he told a story of the day. We did want the traditional posed photos with our families and friends, but those are standard and any one with a camera can take a portrait photo. Ari brought a level of artistry through his photographs that tell the whole story of the day. He made my bride, friends and family comfortable and worked with our videographer to make sure they each got great shots. He took amazing photos from getting ready, the reveal, pre-ceremony, ceremony, post-ceremony, entertainment, dancing, and more without us even realizing he was taking pictures. Ari was a ninja when getting poses from on the ground, close up and compositional shots that showed the beauty of the people at pur wedding, the venue and the neighborhood we choose. He captured every great emotion and feeling, that when we look back at our photos we just think how amazingly awesome a job Ari did. He put together a small slide show that many people thought was a video because each picture he took was well thought out. My wife told me that she was wrong to ever doubt hiring Ari and she NEVER admits I was right! If you are still reading this and haven't hired Ari then maybe you might miss out on a great photographer and be stuck with bad photos that a couple of other friends didnt have Ari

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 9
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 10
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 11
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 12
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 13
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 14

Teresa · Married on 07/14/2018

We happily found our way to Ari when looking for a photographer in the Bay Area, and we are so glad! Ari was personable and easy to communicate with while we got to know him. Ari’s vision, style and approach to wedding photography is very consistent and clear: he strives to catch the special “moments” of the event - his clarity made it easy to feel confident while booking him. We hired Ari to shoot our engagement photos in addition to our wedding day. He was relaxed, yet upbeat with great energy during both occasions, helping us feel at ease. Throughout our wedding day our family, wedding party and guests all commented on his professional but fun presence at our wedding. We were happy he was a part of the day. And all of that was before we even saw his end result - our photos! We had such a great time at our wedding, and we feel Ari truly did capture the both the joy of our ceremony and the sheer fun we had at our reception. His work definitely showed the look, feel, and vibe of our wedding and venue just as we were hoping - classic, timeless San Francisco, while still letting our individual personalities shine through. Also, Ari had a very prompt turn around time between our wedding and receipt of our photos, which we appreciated since we were eager to see them! We are so happy to have these photos to remind us of all the special moments we shared at our wedding, and a huge thank you to Ari for being a part of our day!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

We found Ari through the recommendation of a friend, as he had been her wedding photographer. We absolutely loved working with him! He was professional, fun, and made the whole experience totally stress free. We initially met him over facetime for a consult, and he quickly made us feel at ease. Neither my husband or I feel very comfortable being photographed, so we were very happy we found someone who helped us feel relaxed in front of the camera.

We did our engagement photos with Ari as well, which was a great way to meet him in person first and get used to being photographed! Ari was funny, professional, and so fun to work with.

If you love candid photos or photos that capture moments and feelings, Ari is definitely the photographer for you. His style very much captures the feel and the flow of the day. On our wedding day, we started with all the couple and family/bridal party/groomsmen portraits before the ceremony. After that, Ari was off! He let us know beforehand that we probably wouldn't be very aware of him during the reception and it was true. He was out there getting photos left and right of everyone and all these different special moments. I read some other reviews that described Ari as a ninja and I'd have to agree. We just received our photos and are having an absolute blast looking through them! He captured all of the fun, love, and excitement of our special day. I would definitely recommend Ari!

PS He also provides photobooth services which was a huge hit :)

Sent on 06/25/2018

Nandita · Married on 04/14/2018

I found Ari after an extensive online search for wedding photographers. His pictures had that very unique artistic yet real feel to them - and that’s what I was looking for! For our special day to be captured in its true essence. Ari was extremely warm, kind and so easy to talk to when I first interacted with him! I was given this one golden advice to chose vendors that you could be friends with and Ari truly fit into that category - he is genuinely a good soul and my belief in good people make good professionals is reaffirmed with this experience. Ari was very flexible and responsive throughout the wedding planning process, always willing to accommodate my requests for extra events and extra hours :) During the wedding weekend itself, Ari got there early, with this big smile on his face and his genuine love for capturing ‘moments’ is palpable! He was never obtrusive but always there to capture every tear and every laugh and I knew early on that he is going to create magical memories for me to hold on to for life...and he only exceeded our expectations! My whole family loved him - how courteous and gentle he’d be despite their million requests and how he worked tirelessly to produce high quality work! His excellence at his job really comes through. Maurice, his second shooter, was phenomenal too. He cried with us at the ceremony! And he had an excellent eye and seemed so good at his job too! Overall, Ari’s pictures are pure magic - each picture tells a story and has preserved that moment for us in the most beautiful way - for which we are so so grateful. His pictures have the most incredible raw and real and powerful quality to them! If you’re looking for someone to do true justice to the magnificence and soul stirring experience of a wedding - then Ari is your man. He will help you capture and only add more to your priceless memories!!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Hana · Married on 12/03/2017

I initially knew of Ari because he was the wedding photographer for a friend’s wedding I was in. When my husband and I were in the search for a wedding photographer I immediately thought of Ari because I remember how nice and professional he was. We had looked into other photographers as well but after we had a FaceTime consultation with him, we knew he was the one because of how down to earth he was and comfortable we felt around him. For our engagement shoot, he was super flexible and open to our ideas and went out of his way to travel and make our vision come to fruition. I normally do not like taking pictures and do not feel comfortable in front of a camera but we had so much fun that we almost forgot we were even doing a shoot! On the wedding day Ari got so many amazing shots but we hardly even knew he was there (in a good way!). We like to call him “Ari the Ninja Photogapher”! :). The turn around for both the engagement shoot and wedding were so fast it was a pleasant surprise to get our photos in less than a month! We truly enjoyed working with and getting to know Ari! He went above and beyond with his services just out of the generosity of his own heart. He is not just a great photographer but an all around great guy!!

Sent on 12/29/2017

kassi · Married on 11/18/2017

Ari is just as amazing as his pictures! I found Ari through a friend who got married 3 years ago. His pictures captured me & I was amazed. I said someday I’ll get married & I’ll find a photographer just like him. Now that I was getting married, I circled back to those same pictures & contacted him. He was very quick & responsive. Since we lived far from him, I wasn’t able to go to his office so he initiated a face time so we can get to know him a little bit & vise versa. It was a plus because it felt as if he was serious about his work & what we were looking for. We obviously knew his work was great but we were looking for a humble & super friendly photographer. & soon as you know, it didn’t take us long to make a decision. We knew he was the “one”.
    On the day of our wedding, our hotel & reception was in Sam Ramon & the ceremony was in Hayward. There was a lot of back & fourth but he was always on time & totally prepared! Through the day I felt his presence was very passionate about capturing great moments at its organic moment. Which is everything we wanted! I couldn’t even tell he was snapping pictures which made it very convenient cause we were able to live in the moment. & we all know that living in the moment during your special day is hard but he made it easy to do so!!
    When we received our photos. We were stunned. It was everything & more than I expected. Every picture felt like I was there in that moment. & as a newly post bride, I wish I could relive my wedding day. & these pictures helped me relive it. There’s something truly special about a photographer who can capture the heart and soul of a couple on their special day. Weddings are full with sooooo many emotional and hectic moments that fly by way too fast. But he focused on all those special moments and his photographs are absolutely filled with such emotion(myfavorite), joy, and happiness. It gives us a pause no matter how many times we look at them!

Thank you Ari!

Ari Simphoukham Photography 22
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 23
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 24

Mai · Married on 10/01/2017

Ari came highly recommended by a friend, a make-up artist, who is also in the wedding industry. When I first reached out to Ari, he initiated a phone call followed by a Facetime call (since we live far away from each other), in an effort to get to know us and to obtain a good understanding of what I was looking for in a wedding photographer. He invested a lot of time to fully understand our vision and hopes for our big day. Shortly into our phone consultation, I knew that we found "the one". We were specifically very interested in Ari's work because of his highly artistic photo-journalistic qualities of his photos, not to mention his easy-going and fun personality.

A few months before our wedding, Ari reached out to us with an in-take form to methodically and thoughtfully collect detailed information about our wedding festivities. Our wedding consisted of a series of three events over the course of two days and Ari was always early to all the events. He was well-organized, professional yet easy-going and fun to work with. His second shooter was also fantastic!

I've heard many horror stories about couples who had to wait months if not a year to get their touched up photos. With Ari, on the other hand, we received our finished photos within a matter 2.5 weeks despite his contractual obligation of delivering photos within 3 months. Ari certainly under promised and over delivered when it comes to timeliness. Most importantly, the photos came out beautifully and we love the photo-journalistic qualities of Ari's photos and his ability to capture absolutely magical moments candidly.

We would absolutely and unequivocally recommend Ari to anyone for his uniquely artistic and photo-journalistic style, professionalism, flexibility, responsiveness and fun-loving personality. Ari is THE BEST!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Cellinda · Married on 08/19/2017

We were so blessed to have Ari capture our wedding day. He is absolutely talented and has a version that shows through his work. When we first had our consult with him we knew that he was perfect for us and didn’t need to look any further. After looking through our photos we were completely right. All of them are gorgeous and he captured every moment we wanted and more. Ari was super easy to work with and listened to exactly what we wanted. We told him that we put our full trust him and wanted him to work his magic which he totally did. He is the best! If you are looking for that special artist that shows beauty and captures moments you are unaware of then Ari is the photographer for you. You will not be disppointed!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

ELLE · Married on 07/15/2017

We feel so lucky that we had Ari to catch all the special moments of our wedding day. The pictures are amazing quality and capture all the most important and beautiful moments of the day. We had Ari and a second photographer and they met us at noon on our wedding day to photograph us getting ready and the first look pictures. We were staying at a house with a lot of friends so it was cluttered but they did a great job making the pictures look great! I am glad that we got them before the wedding to get those pictures to start the day. Then throughout the wedding, Ari and his partner were really easy to work with. They were very subtle and good at catching photos in the moment, not asking us to pose all the time which was great because we really got to enjoy our day. At the end of the night we took some sunset pictures and they really turned out beautifully. Ari has a great eye for lighting and was able to capture the wedding setting in unique ways. Overall we had a great experience with Ari- it felt very natural working with Ari and his partner, they were so patient taking all the group/ family photos that we wanted, and they are also really nice and genuine guys! Also, we got our photos (over 900!) just a few weeks after the wedding and it was really easy to download the photos to my computer in high quality!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Andee · Married on 04/02/2017

Ari did a fantastic job capturing our special day! He is a true talent with great vision and event better execution. He is timely, professional and eager to deliver outstanding results. We couldn't have done better!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Talya · Married on 03/05/2017

Ari, and the 2nd photographer, were fantastic. They were unobtrusive and blended into the background, including during the ceremony. Except for the staged family portraits and the sunset photos (which Ari suggested), I don't remember actually seeing them. We've since gotten our pictures back and, in artistic and technically beautiful ways, they captured the day like a flip book - the emotions and conversations unfold throughout the pictures.

Sent on 03/31/2017

April · Married on 09/10/2016

Ari was recommended to us by my wedding planner when we got married in September of 2016. When we browsed through his wedding portfolio I was stunned at how beautiful his photos were. I immediately fell in love with his style, and ability to capture candid moments. Meeting Ari was such a pleasure; he was very personable and really easy to talk to. On our wedding day he was very flexible and made taking portraits seem like a breeze and not so much a chore. When we received our pictures, I was amazed at how much he captured, especially since he was also working alone. The pictures came out so much better than we expected and I still love flipping through our album (which we also ordered through Ari) and reminiscing. Working with Ari was such a pleasure that it didn't seem like work at all.

Since our wedding, we have been blessed to welcome our first child. We are now looking to take family photos and could only think of Ari to take them. I highly recommend hiring Ari for all your photography needs!

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 25
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 26
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 27
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 28
    Ari Simphoukham Photography 29

Julienne · Married on 07/14/2016

For our wedding, my husband I wanted a photographer that was artistic and authentic. When we saw Ari's work, we knew his journalistic style and superb photography skills would fit bests to our style and wedding.

Moreover, Ari is dependable, personable, and professional. We had had engagement shoot scheduled just days after his first baby was born. He still worked with our schedule and took the most amazing photos. We used those photos for our wedding stationary and it was a big hit!

Once, we received our wedding photos, my husband and I were in great awe of Ari's ability to capture personal moments. From our photos, you can actually feel the love from every angle and light. It brought us back to the happiest day of our lives. They were mirrors of our memories brought to life. Ari is not just a photographer. He is an artist.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Guillermo · Married on 07/02/2016

Ari was wonderful and a pleasure to work with! He’s very laid-back and really fun. He’s very prompt with his responses whenever I’ve contacted him, which is awesome.

Prior to hiring him as our photographer, my husband and I looked through his work and were amazed at the pictures he’d taken for other weddings and events. We got to know him better through a Skype interview (which was really cool of him, by the way!). After all was said and done, we decided to hire him. We couldn’t have been happier.

We had Ari for two different photography sessions: our engagement photo session and our wedding day. The photos he took at both exceeded our expectations. At both sessions, he was so much fun to work with. He made us and our family and friends feel very comfortable and everything was so natural. At our wedding, he was also very stealthy! He took some amazing pictures without us even knowing he was there. When taking pictures at both sessions, he was able to use the environment around us to come up with the most creative, beautiful, and awe-inspiring pictures you will ever see. He was also able to capture all those raw, candid moments in such a beautiful way.

Overall, Ari was truly amazing. He’s a great guy to work with. He’s professional, while at the same time being fun. He has such a passion for pictures that the pictures he takes will truly wow you. I highly recommend Ari. Let him do his thing and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Justin · Married on 06/11/2016

Ari absolutely blew us away. The final product is absolutely astonishing (lots of "I have never seen wedding such beautiful wedding photos!), but Ari really shines on the day of. In the best way possible- I never thought about him. Working with him through our engagement session and getting to know him, I knew he was going to get every single shot. His energy and passion really came through on our wedding day. I never once had to worry "This is a great moment, I hope Ari gets this shot!" because he, sometimes hilariously, just pops up and is there to capture the moment in his own eye.

From our first interaction we knew Ari was going to right for us. We wanted someone who cared about us, and was going to capture our relationship in photos. Ari was warm and endlessly excited about getting to know my wife and I. We felt like he was as invested in the process as we were- and was open and flexible to make us feel infinitely comfortable and confident.

More than any other person we worked in our wedding, I would recommend Ari!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Crystal · Married on 05/14/2016

If we could rate Ari Simphoukham Photography with more than five stars, we would.

We booked Ari for our engagement photo shoot as well as for our wedding because of his vision of capturing "moments" as opposed to focusing on posed/staged frames. His photos exude raw emotions that makes one feel as if they are actually there, living in the moment themselves.

One of the best things about Ari is that he captured moments from our wedding day that we did not even know happened! As a bride and groom caught in the midst of a busy wedding day program, we were not able to physically be there with our guests for every moment that transpired. When we received our photos, we were thrilled to find that Ari captured so many candid moments of our guests! We were able to relive not only our own emotions from our wedding day, but the laughter, tears and happiness of our guests as well.

We also chose to work with Ari because of his welcoming and down to earth personality. Ari is such a laid back and humble guy who always made us feel comfortable whether it was in person, through texts, calls or emails. Ari was very responsive whenever we needed him, and was the easiest vendor we worked with throughout our entire wedding planning process.

Ari far exceeded our expectations for both our engagement photo shoot as well as the documentation of our wedding day, and we would highly recommend him to any couple who is looking for photos that will give them memories to last a lifetime.

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/14/2016

Sent on 10/18/2016

Jen · Married on 04/23/2016

Ari did an incredibly beautiful job capturing portraits and an amazing array of candid moments throughout our wedding day! His photojournalistic style caught our eye when looking for photographers, and he totally delivered.

Ari is an incredibly warm and friendly person, and totally put us at ease. He is incredibly fast to respond thoughtfully to any questions, which I appreciate to no end. We were confident photography was the last detail of the day we'd have to worry about.

My husband and I had never worked with a photographer until our wedding, and are generally pretty camera shy. Ari did a seemingly effortless job giving us direction/going un-noticed as needed.

After the wedding, he also fast-tracked us our family portraits so we could print them out and bring to my grandma overseas. Major kudos for that.

We are so fortunate we had his skill and creativity to capture all these special moments that we can now share with all the people we love. We 100% recommend Ari!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Ashly · Married on 02/29/2016

Better than anything I could ever imagine!

My husband and I renewed our vows in Feb 2016 and looked to Ari to help capture the moments we didn't get a chance to have when my husband and I first married. The day of our wedding felt a little crazy with everything going on. However, while the wedding party was so focused on getting ready and making sure everything was going well, Ari was hard at work capturing the moments we never thought we would see. Ari's professionalism and passion for photography really shined through in his work. He was focused throughout the day, ensuring he was able to capture the perfect photographs for us.

Based on our discussion and browsing through his galleries, we expected Ari to produce beautiful portraits with a focus on candid moments. Despite knowing we would receive a wonderful product, we were completely blown away by the perfect beauty of what Ari captured! We have received so many compliments about our portraits and I find that the hardest thing to do during this process is narrowing down which prints to place on the walls!!!!

As a summary ... Ari was amazing, went out of the way to ensure he captured the perfect moments, and filled our heart and lives with perfect memories!

Sent on 04/09/2016