AR Photography Reviews

AR Photography 6
AR Photography 7
  • Amanda

Amanda · Getting married on 05/14/2020

Ashley's photography perfectly captured our special day!

I would like to highly recommend working with Ashley Rains Photography for all of your wedding photo needs. Ashley photographed our engagement pictures, my bridal shots and of course our day-of photography! Ashley is reliable, considerate, fun and extremely easy to work with. She made me and my husband, as well as our families and wedding parties, feel comfortable and taken care of throughout all of the different photo shoots. From the very beginning I appreciated Ashley’s attention to detail, flexibility in scheduling and expertise in planning out what we needed. Her photography style matched exactly what I was looking for and truly captured our joy on the big day. I can’t thank Ashley enough for all of her hard work and skill in delivering us photos we will cherish forever.

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Ashley did my engagements and boudoir shoots and both were not only super fun but turned out beautifully. I did not ever imagine I could look the way she made me and my fiancé look. She made us super comfortable and set everything up so that it was really easy for us to just show up and look good! I would recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing photographer, with and incredible eye that would also be a great friend.

AR Photography 8
    AR Photography 9
    AR Photography 10
    AR Photography 11
    AR Photography 12
    AR Photography 13

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

Beyond amazing!!

I love Ashely with all my soul. This was the first “vendor” I booked, but she is so much more than just a vendor! She has an eye and a talent that can’t be matched. It was such an amazing experience to work with her on all our moments, from engagement photos to our wedding day. Ashley is a kind, hardworking, talented photographer who truly loves what she is doing and loves her clients. She captures all those special moments with such ease and you know that your wedding photos are in amazing hands with Ashley. Trust me when I say, you can’t go wrong with choosing Ashley to be a part of your special day. She will capture each detail and bring to life all the emotions and magic that your wedding holds.

• Christina

Christina · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing!

I saw Ashley’s work displayed at the Dallas Bridal Show as we were on our way out and I was immediately OBSSESSED with her work. Most vendors were already packed up, so although I didn’t get to meet her in that moment, Ashley was very prompt to return my emails and discuss her style, pricing list (which was reasonable) and portfolio (which was even MORE incredible than what I had already seen at the show)!!! She does an excellent job at capturing just the right lighting without washing out the photos and keeping the color so crisp and vibrant! This was super important for (now) husband and I given that our venue was completely white. I ended up booking Ashley for our engagement photos, my bridals, and our wedding day. Ashley is SUPER sweet, very professional, and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera! Waiting for our wedding photos was the most painful experience because I knew she captured the most amazing parts of our day and I could hardly wait to see it all and let me tell ya, she did NOT disappoint!!! I would recommend Ashley to ALL my friends and family. At the end of your wedding, after all the planning, sweat, tears and craziness, all you will have left are pictures (& videos) to remember it all. Totally worth EVERY single penny!

Kelly Corsi · Married on 09/02/2018

Lovely Pictures of a Lifetime!

Ashley was so lovely to work with and does a remarkable job! We want to thank you again for being our photographer for our wedding day and capturing our special moments! Ashley was such a joy to work with and the final products (photos) she delivered were absolutely beautiful. Ashley is truly inspiring and is definitely the best in the business. We would highly recommend Ashley as a photographer to any future brides, we couldn't be happier with her work.

Sarah Porter · Married on 06/02/2018

Best photographer there is

WOW! Having Ashley as our photographer was one of the greatest decisions I’ve ever made. She did our engagement and wedding photos and was so easy to work with, quick at responding, and made you feel so comfortable even when you have no idea what to do in front of a camera! She takes AMAZING photos and I honestly look at them every day because she did such a good job at capturing the moment. Every picture she takes could be the cover of a magazine because she is just that good and has an eye for editing. Ashley is kind, hardworking, joyful, and wants to make you feel special. She knows how to keep big wedding parties on schedule and makes it such a fun experience for everyone. If you need a photographer.... you found her!

Lindsey · Married on 05/27/2018

Loved Ashley’s work so much! She was very professional and helped direct us as kindly as you can imagine. Her images were captured at the perfect moments! We just acted ourselves and Ashley didn’t care how much film she went through. She sent us a small group of 30 photos a few weeks after our wedding, and her pictures turned out so beautifully I can hardly wait to see how the rest turns out!

Grace · Married on 05/26/2018

This was one of the best choices we made for our wedding day! Not only are the pictures amazing but Ashley was such a great person to work with and helped the day run so smoothly! If you are looking for great pictures that capture the best moments and a wonderful person to work with you should choose Ashley!

Amanda Crisman · Married on 04/21/2018

Above and beyond our expectations

Ashley is not only the most incredible photographer, but she’s also one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. She goes above and beyond to make sure every detail in her photos is perfect.

My husband and I have used Ashley as our photographer for proposal pictures, engagement pictures, wedding pictures and now baby announcement pictures. There is no one else we’d rather use due to her eye to detail and how comfortable she makes us feel when she’s behind the lens.

We will continue to use Ashley for every moment we document on camera. We love her!

Laura · Married on 04/20/2018

I had a difficult time picking a photographer, but am SO glad I picked Ashley. Her photos radiate. The color is bright, but the backgrounds aren't whited out like other "light and airy" looks. She turns moments into life time memories, encompassed in vivid color and exquisite detail. My husband and I cried our way through our first look to final dance, but Ashley didn't make us feel weird about it, but rather encouraged us to be genuine. It's so crazy that just by looking at the photos now, I can remember the feeling of looking at the guy who that day became my HUSBAND. chills. Ashley shoots in film and digital. She can project and stick to a timeline. She isn't afraid to get the groomsmen to get in a row, but also is funny and kind enough to keep them laughing through it all. My parents loved her, we loved her. After the wedding, she continued to keep us updated, give us a sneak peek week of wedding, and full edited online gallery+usb+50 prints 8 weeks later. I can't WAIT to work on my album with her. Her albums truly outshine the others, it's one of the reasons I hired her! Why spend close to $3-4000 on pictures just to put them on fb get a shutterfly album? It's your wedding, get a HEIRLOOM for that album and a custom frame for that special print! ;)
    Anyway, Ashley was a dream come true photographer. Don't get worried by packages, tell her your needs and she may be able to accommodate you! My only wish was that maybe she charged an "all day" price like some of other photographers offered, but I'm really thankful she worked with us and gave us the 9 hrs & second shooter!
    Also, I had a friend do my engagements/bridals, but Ashley and Kyle and I still had an awesome time at the wedding. We had met before at world of beer, so wedding day we hit it right off. LIke I said, I cried in front of her basically all day and she was right there with us cheering us on!
    I'm out of space-so stop reading and Hire her. Promise you- it'll be perfect!

• Whitney

Whitneh · Married on 04/14/2018

Beautiful photos, great personality!

Ashley immediately stood out to me because she uses a film camera. I saw her photos on Instagram and the way the colors pop in her photography is unreal. I asked her how she does it and she said because she uses a film camera she has to be very particular about the shots she takes, making sure the lighting is just right to capture the perfect moment. I knew then that her attention to detail is exactly what I needed for my wedding day. She also uses a DSLR for when the lighting is more dim and she walked me through how she wears a camera holster and switches between the two when she’s shooting. I just loved the way she explained that to me. On the wedding day, she was very timely. She got there early to set up all her shots and stayed until she captured the last sweet moment. She’s a great stylist! I was very impressed with how she positioned everybody for the photos as well as arranged our invitations and jewelry to get the best “detail” shots she could. Things were a little hectic that day and she was so patient and so versatile and all around a joy to work with. Ashley takes pride in her work and truly cares about her clients and it shows through her photos. I will forever cherish them. Even after the wedding she worked with our event planner to get our wedding featured in a magazine! I couldn’t be happier with Ashley and I highly recommend you book her for your wedding!

AR Photography 14
    AR Photography 15
    AR Photography 16
    AR Photography 17
    AR Photography 18
    AR Photography 19

Maddy · Married on 04/07/2018

We LOVE Ashley! She is so creative and friendly. She did our engagement and wedding pictures, and I'm already brainstorming how to get her to take more pictures for us :) She will make you feel comfortable and tell you exactly what you need to do for a beautiful picture! We loved both sets of pictures, and have received SO many compliments. You may want to spend less, but I promise you you will be so happy you spent a little more for Ashley's beautiful photography - we will forever cherish them!

Amanda Higginbotham · Married on 03/10/2018

AR Photography is AMAZING

We had the best experience with AR photography! She was so flexible and easy to work with and captured the most beautiful moments from our engagement and wedding day.

AR Photography 20
    AR Photography 21
    AR Photography 22
    AR Photography 23

Courtney · Married on 02/03/2018

We have absolutely loved working with Ashley as our wedding photographer! She is so down to earth, sincere, and authentic. She‘s extremely talented and produces beautiful images for her clients to hold on to, remembering the best day of their lives forever. If you’re in DFW/Texas and needing a wedding photographer, we highly recommend her!!! Here are a few photos she took of us- check out her website for more of her portfolio!

AR Photography 24
    AR Photography 25
    AR Photography 26
    AR Photography 27

Brooke · Married on 12/16/2017

If you’re looking for a photographer for anything, you can stop searching; you have found the one! I had the honor of having Ashley photograph my wedding recently. From the beginning until even now, my experience with her has been perfect. She is quickly responsive to emails. She is not pushy about a package or price – you can tell she is passionate about what she does and lets her work speak for her.
    I wanted my wedding day to be really calm and enjoyable, and Ashley was a great fit into that. Her demeanor is just so peaceful. She has a presence in the room but is not overbearing by any means. She seamlessly moves around and captures the moments without distracting or taking away from them.
    Ashley gives the perfect amount of direction. She told me exactly where to put my hands, eyes, bouquet etc. so that the photos came out looking not awkward. But any time I had an idea or my bridesmaids or family wanted a certain shot or pose, she would do exactly that. I really appreciated how she could do both.
    When we got our photos back, they were absolutely amazing. Not one thing missed from the whole day – candids, poses, the big moments, décor and everything in between. It looked beautiful and I couldn’t be happier. She is truly talented and captured everything.
    Ashley is so personable; she really gets to know you as a person and a couple. She was so fun to have at our wedding. Always friendly, courteous, professional, and cheerful. This is who you want to capture your moments.

Jillian · Married on 11/18/2017

I have known Ashley since our college days at Texas Tech. She (and her mom!) were willing to drive from Dallas out to Lubbock to take my graduation pictures, and she did an incredible job! We stayed in touch post-college, and when it was my turn to walk down the aisle, there was no one I would have rather had as my photographer! Ashley is so much fun to work with, and pays attention to each and every detail. She was always available to answer my multitude of questions, and put any of my worries at ease. Even in one of the windiest days in Dallas for our wedding day, she helped our first look go off without a hitch! Ashley worked wonderfully with all of our other vendors, and our final pictures are stunning. She captured our families' and friends' personalities to a tee, and my fiance' and I cannot stop looking at our pictures. I could not recommend Ashley more! I've had friends who have had unfortunate situations with their own photographers, and I am so lucky to have worked with someone so professional, funny, kind and wonderful!

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

Where do I even start with how brilliant and talented a photographer Ashley radiates. I had her for my engagements, bridals & wedding, and both times I felt so special for her capturing each moment in best moment of my life. From the first time, my fiancé & I met with Ashley I knew thats who I wanted as my photographer. Her work is absolutely flawless and her ability to capture the most meaningful moments behind the camera is breathtaking. No matter what obstacle I threw her way with each photo session she tackled it with grace. For our engagements, we wanted our now 13 year old pitbull/lab mix in our shoot. Without any hesitation, Ashley was all for it and loved on our pup behind and front of the camera to capture each moment with our old lady. Ashley is by far the BEST photographer and artist to say the least. At our wedding we had a large bridal party of 10 bridesmaids & 10 groomsmen and she was able to take a ton of incredible shots and keep us on time. I can't wait to have another session with her coming up for my maternity session, now that my husband & I are expecting! But in all honesty, if you are new bride or even just looking for a fun photo session with your boyfriend/girlfriend.. choose ASHLEY, you won't be disappointed! Her work speaks so many words of emotions, and the best choice we made was having her part of our day.

Graham · Married on 10/21/2017

Words can not describe the quality of work, professionalism and overall experience we had with Ashley. She was amazing to work with both before, during and after the wedding. Any crazy idea and request we had for photo ideas, she made happened and captured a ton of incredible shots throughout the wedding. Her attention to detail is outstanding and her ability to keep our wedding party on time and on track was was remarkable. Overall, I would highly recommend AR photography for anyone looking for a wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed and will be able to relax knowing you have one of the best taking care of you on your wedding day!

AR Photography 28
    AR Photography 29
    AR Photography 30
    AR Photography 31

Brianna · Married on 10/14/2017

I just have endless praise for our experience with Ashley as our photographer. There will always be bumps in the wedding process and Ashley was not only someone who had my 100% confidence in her ability, but also a listening ear, giver of sound advice, and one of the people who kept me sane on the big day! Her eye for your vision is incredible and she really makes you, as the bride, feel very at ease and beautiful! We love love love this company & the lady behind the magic of it all!

AR Photography 32
    AR Photography 33
    AR Photography 34
    AR Photography 35

Dana · Married on 10/07/2017

Ashley is THE BEST!! I am not one who loves to be in front of the camera and my husband definitely doesn't but Ashley made us SO comfortable and the pictures turned out amazing!! She took our engagement photos, bridal, boudoir, and wedding photos! Our guests loved her and I couldn't have had a better experience!!!

AR Photography 36
    AR Photography 37
    AR Photography 38
    AR Photography 39
    AR Photography 40
    AR Photography 41
    AR Photography 42

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2017

Ashley was absolutely AMAZING to work with. She is professional, responsive, and extremely talented. I loved how all of our photos turned out. Hands down my favorite vendor we used for our wedding. I cannot wait to work with her again!

Chelsey · Married on 09/16/2017

I've used Ashley twice now and am planning on using her for future photos already! She is extremely talented and has an eye for catching beautiful candid moments. She made us feel comfortable and put us at ease which shows in our photos.
    She helped give us great direction but also let us be ourselves. She truly has a gift for capturing special moments and we can't thank her enough!

AR Photography 43
    AR Photography 44
    AR Photography 45
    AR Photography 46

Alyssa · Married on 09/15/2017

Ashley is a joy to work with. She has a great eye and makes you feel comfortable. She thinks outside of the box and is diligent to get you the very best shot of your special moments. If you're planning a wedding, snatch her up as quick as you can!

Maureen · Married on 09/09/2017

Ashley is the best- and nothing short of. Her personality and talent are beautiful and incredibly down to earth. Not to mention her photos and product are phenomenal!! Ashley shot our engagement photos and wedding day but I would choose her again in a heart beat, for any occasion.

Katherine · Married on 08/19/2017

Ashley was so amazing! We used her for our engagement photos and wedding and she was perfect! We have so many great pictures to look back on and I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else!