April Williams Photography Reviews

17 | Vancouver, WA

17 Reviews for April Williams Photography

Katrina B. · Married on 11/14/2020

Overall amazing experience!

April went above and beyond! We were looking for a wedding photographer for our small COVID wedding. Our wedding happened to be on a day where the weather was a combination of freezing wind and sideways rain. April was so professional with contagious excitement and energy. Our photos turned out better than I ever could have imagined! We are no doubt going to book her for our larger celebration and would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/28/2021

April Williams Photography's reply:

Katrina, thank you so much! I can't wait for the big party! Fingers crossed for good weather, but either way, we've got this!
  • Noemi

Noemi · Married on 09/08/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

I cannot get over how amazing April is.
    She is so passionate about her job and it shows in her beautiful pictures! I love how she can envision a picture in her mind and bring it to life in the click of a snap! She was so professional and so easy to work with.
    It rained the day of our wedding and our timeline completely changed and April adapted quickly! We still got all the wonderful photos that we will have to cherish forever. We walked around Laurelhurstclub Park for our pictures and April would take a moment, picture something in her mind and then tell us what to do and were to stand. From climbing inside a branch to lakeside strolls, we cannot get over our beautiful pictures. I have recommended her to everyone I know who needs pictures!! Thank you so much, April!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Laura

Laura L. · Married on 05/18/2019

Timeless photos and impeccable service

I cannot say enough good things about April. Beautiful photography and listened to what we wanted and delivered so much more than I expected. 🙌🏼 Not only did she capture our day with timeless photos, but her personality and professionalism for the ceremony and problem solving went above and beyond. Besides marrying my husband, hiring April was the best decision I made for my wedding. ❤️

Sent on 04/11/2020
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/01/2018

We Love Her!!

April is an amazing human being that is incredibly talented!! She was there every step of the way and took phenomenal photos!! She was super helpful, and even helped pin back my hair (I forgot bobby pins, but she didn't) and reminded us how to bustle my dress. I honestly cannot believe the quality we received for the price.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 08/26/2017

Having been in the events industry previously, I had a short list of photographers I wanted to look at when I got engaged. My fiance looked at websites and picked a couple he liked. April wasn't actually on this list as she was referred to us from John Ross Music. We both loved what we saw on her website and John's recommendation so she made the final short list of 2 that we met. When she pulled my fiance out of his introverted shell and had him laughing and telling stories, I knew we had found our photographer.

From the first meeting, through our engagement photos, to the welcome gathering where we had her shooting and on to our wedding day, April and her assistant Shelly were just great. Everyone was smiling and laughing and we had lots of comments from our family about how fun and easy to work with she was. They even worked with the last minute problem of my fiance being in a wheelchair due to a back issue. What more could you possibly want? Oh, yes, beautiful photos. Well, the engagement photos were and the couple of sneak peaks we've gotten of the wedding weekend photos leaves me in no doubt that we are going to love them.

Thank you April and Shelly for being a part of our wedding weekend and capturing these memories for us.

Sent on 08/30/2017

We could not have asked for a more personable, energetic, and sweet photographer! She is so excited about everything all the time which makes her a joy to be around. We felt as though she had been a long time friend offering to do the photography at our wedding. Her artistic eye lends for beautiful pictures, but she is also capable of snapping the 'pintrest' poses if you want (but I'd go with her natural talents for some original pieces). It was a pleasure having her be part of our special day.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Hannah · Married on 07/09/2016

Hire April. Seriously! Now! We had April do our engagement/wedding/boudoir shoot. She is fantastic! She reminds me of Drew Barrymore, so fun and bubbly. Every experience we had with her was like catching up with an old friend, she is just so easy to work with! For our engagement shoot she had great creative fun ideas and got us SO MANY different shots. For the wedding she did an amazing job keeping everything organized and managed to wrangle in kids and wandering family members for pictures. She even adapted flawlessly to a last minute change due to rain. If you want a photographer to take all cutesy pinterest-y cliche photos of your "posed" "planned" shots she may not be your girl. But if you want someone to really capture the essence and true feeling of your special day, book her. She did an amazing job getting ALL the shots of family and so many wonderful bride and groom shots. I was most impressed with her ability to capture the special moments, the little glances, friends and family unplanned moments. Our wedding book is beautiful and we will cherish it for the rest of our lives! Thank you April!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Ann · Married on 05/14/2016

April was super great to work with from start to finish. She is professional and personable. We were always comfortable and even though we only have our sneak peek photos, we are sure the rest will be great too!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Tess · Married on 04/16/2016

Artistic, Professional. Friendly, High Quality

April is an incredibly talented, professional artist. She will capture your special day or mile stone with beauty and individuality. She creates pieces of art for you to keep for a lifetime. I have used her for great ready for it... mu family's engagement, wedding, maternity, newborn, 6 month, one year, Christmas, and another newborn. Her style is consistent without being redundant. You will not regret working with April. You should consider yourself lucky to have made it onto her schedule. Don't wait! Book with her.

Sent on 02/28/2021

April Williams Photography's reply:

Oh, Tess! You're the best and I love that I've been with your family for all of these! It's been so amazing to watch your family grow!

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2014

Fabulous photography! Captures the emotion flawlessly!

Sent on 10/25/2014

April Was amazing-- made us feel very comfortable and not staged at all for our pictures! She really captured the day perfectly!! :)

Sent on 07/29/2014

April Williams was amazing on our big day!. She was fun, creative and very professional. She seems very experienced with weddings and was really on top of everything! Her time management skills were perfect. My husband and I couldn't have been happier to work with her!

Sent on 01/29/2013

Lindsay · Married on 08/17/2012

April took my engagement pictures as well as my wedding pictures. She is great to work with. I have yet to see my wedding pictures (wedding was 8/17/12), have to wait about a month to view them. April is super laid back person with a bubbly personality (she totally reminds me of Drew Barrymore). It was so nice because her laid backness (is that a word, lol) rubbed off on me which was great. A wedding can be very stressful and April made it light and fun. I loved how when we were taking pictures she would say, “I wouldn’t hate it if you kissed” it was so cute. Even though we were running a little behind schedule we managed to get all the pictures we needed (nearly 5,000 I believe). Something I recommend to all brides is to take a little time away from the ceremony and do some more pictures. The lighting is different and a lot more romantic. April also gives you little type business cards with instruction on how to view the wedding pictures once they are posted on her website for guest to see. You can either have them ben displayed at the reception or save them and put them in the thank you cards when you mail them out. This is what I have opted to do. April is super flexible. I asked her a week after the wedding if there anyway she would send me a few of the wedding pictures of just my husband and me so I can order my thank you cards. She told me that she will the follow week, which is today. So I am anxiously awaiting that email. I plan on using April for all my future pictures, from maternity to family, I cannot wait. I recommend that you book her well in advance like I did. She told me that she could have booked my wedding date over and over again because she was so in demand and so was the date. I have already recommended her to some of my friends getting married next summer.

Sent on 08/30/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/09/2012

April is a fantastic vendor and great person. She is high energy and full of smiles and great ideas. She was so easy to get a long with and worked with all my bridal whims. We even whisked us away after the ceremony for a couples reprieve of photos of just us while our guests found their way to the reception hall. She jumped in with mingling and getting pictures of all our guests. She took great charge of the family pictures, and followed the directions I'd given to our coordinator. Her service is excellent, her responses are quick and full of information and request for more clarity with options where needed. She's professional, but not stuffy, she's fun! Her value is far more than the money we've paid her for, and she's flexible even with constant changes. GREAT VENDOR!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Stephanie · Married on 07/02/2011

I don't think I think I could have found someone better! My pictures are beautiful and amazing. I still look at them everyday. April made the whole experience easy as can be and does some amazing work!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Kristin · Married on 08/05/2011

I am so happy that April of April Williams Photography was the photographer at my wedding. While I didn't see her much during the ceremony, she was in the right spot to get the right shot according to the photos that turned out. While our photo session was a little long, I love how to photos turned out. I especially like when she told me exactly when my photos would be done and it turned out they were done even earlier! Her style is one that I love but of course liking someone's style is a personal preference. Thank you so much April!

Sent on 09/06/2011