Apple Mountain Reviews

17 | Freeland, MI

17 Reviews for Apple Mountain

Kelsey · Married on 04/23/2016

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Apple Mountain this past weekend. I cannot say enough good things about the wedding coordinator, Michelle, that we worked with. She was always available to answer any questions we had (and there were a lot). She went above and beyond to make our wedding day extra special. I could not have done it without her.
    The food, drinks and staff at our reception was fantastic. The staff carried plates to the table for our bridal party, and everyone thought that was awesome. The food was hot - and we got countless amounts of compliments on how good it tasted.
    From set up to tear down, Apple Mountain was phenomenal and I could not have been happier with the way our wedding turned out.
    HUGE thanks to everyone at Apple Mountain!!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Douglas · Married on 09/06/2015

I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to put on a elegant and classy wedding reception. The staff is great and the food and venue are absolutely amazing!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/24/2015

We needed a large venue for our rehearsal dinner (MIL wanted to provide dinner for ALL out of town guests - so approx. 80 people). Apple Mountain was able to provide just that. A nice venue for all of our guests to have an amazing meal the eve before our wedding, and they also let us use their chapel for our ceremony rehearsal even though we weren't getting married at that venue. It definitely made traveling and the time crunch between the rehearsal and dinner much easier to deal with! The team was very flexible with our timing and number of guests, and even switched us to a one of their bigger rooms for the rehearsal (a total surprise to us) simply because it wasn't booked for a different event. They definitely went above and beyond.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Chelsee · Married on 05/02/2015

i recently had my wedding reception At apple mountain and it was so beyond beautiful! The food that they provided was the best wedding food I've ever had, everything came out hot, and cooked to perfection. The staff was awesome too! They were very attentive all night and always made sure my husband and I had a drink in our hand! I worked with Abbe as my event coordinator and she was amazing! She answered every question I had instantly and was so flexible and easy to work with! I will recommend apple mountain to anyone and everyone looking for any type of event venue!

Sent on 05/22/2015

I absolutely loved working with the team at Apple Mountain in Freeland, MI. Abbe Adair is an excellent event planner and helped us coordinate and organize our entire wedding ceremony and reception. My bridal shower was also held at Apple Mountain - and it was wonderful. Our ceremony was at the quaint, historic chapel on the property (P-E-R-F-E-C-T) and the reception was in the beautiful East Ballroom. Apple Mountain made the most delicious food and wedding cake for our event too. This is one of the nicest event venues in the area - and I can attest that this true!

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • Lahren

Lahren · Married on 10/13/2012

If you are planning a wedding, check out Apple Mountain. You won't be disappointed. Not only is there an amazing rustic Chapel to use but the grounds are perfectly manicured and the staff is over the top amazing. We honestly have nothing negative to say about our experience with them. They have incredible food, our cake was stunning, and the ballroom takes your breath away. We brought in our own decorations and they set everything up AND cleaned up at the end of the night. Abbe, the coordinator there, answers emails within minutes (even on her day off)!!! It made our wedding planning so stress free.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Kara · Married on 08/18/2012

We had our wedding reception in one of their ballrooms on a beautiful sunny August day. We had a blast! The food was amazing and all of the guests talked about it for weeks later about how good it was, we even wish we had leftovers to take on the airplane the next day. The room was spacious so that our guests didn't feel on top of one another and the dance floor was too. We worked with Abbe and loved her, she helps you with all of your questions even dumb ones without any hesitation. She calls you back and reponds to emails very quickly as well. The serving and bar staff were on the ball all night refilling drinks and clearing plates away. I am so glad we went with Apple Mountain!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Dani · Married on 10/22/2011

Everything at Apple Mountain was absolutely wonderful! Abbe Adair was our event planner there and she was exceptional! She was highly qualified and made the whole process very painless and stress free. The food was AWESOME and the room looked beautiful. I can't say enough for the tremendous service that we received. Apple Mountain comes highly recommended!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Lindsey · Married on 08/06/2010

Apple Mountain was remarkable to work with. Abbey, the Event Coordinator, was so nice and very responsive to all of our questions. We had a fairly large wedding and had quite a few changes that we wanted to make to the "standard reception". I thought it was going to be such a headache, and they made everything SO easy. We ended up with our dream wedding and they helped us every step of the way. I wouldn't recommend that anyone go anywhere else. It was perfect!!!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Jennifer · Married on 10/24/2009

We had our ceremony at the Apple Mountain Chapel. We were so happy with our event coordinator! (Most places don't include a coordinator...so I felt very spoiled.) I didn't have to worry about a thing...and the ceremony went off beautifully! The chapel doesn't have any heating or cooling, so remember to factor that in when planning. I can say, having our ceremony with the antique oil lamps burning was just so classy!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Gretchen · Married on 11/10/2007

I really could go on and on about Apple Mountain, but all I can say is unbelievable!!! It was beautiful and Abbe was a blessing to me!! The service was so far beyond what we expected, we are still talking it almost 6 months later!! You can't go wrong with this place!!

Sent on 04/21/2008

Rebecca · Married on 02/11/2006

I LOVED THIS PLACE!!! We had a limited budget, but with the help from the event coordinator you never would have guessed it. The ceremony itself was located in one room of the restraunt and the staff decorated it beautifully. Then the dinner was held in another area. The professionalism was amazing. Plus, the food was excellant, 2 years after the wedding and guests from the wedding are still talking about the food. The staff worked well with our cake lady and the DJ. I hardly had to worry about anything other than dealing with the family. I jokingly told my husband that if I were to ever get married again I would do there in a heart beat!!

Sent on 02/22/2008
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/09/2012

Our reception was amazing and our day of coordinator was fantastic. The only thing that I wish was that they would have let the guests into the reception area in addition to the atrium like we talked about so that our guests did not have to stand. However, the food and the decor were amazing. It was also nice that they had the wait staff take our plates to our seats so I could get up the stairs easier.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Renie · Married on 06/29/2012

It was a very nice venue. I loved our ballroom, the food and the cake. Allison, my reception coordinator, was amazing. She helped me out a lot and had a lot of helpful hints and ideas.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Christopher · Married on 08/15/2009

3.5

Great place and very well decorated and cordinated but also not very cheap. We were very pleased with the results and would recommend.

Sent on 09/13/2009

Jaquelynn · Married on 09/15/2018

3.4
      3.5

We had our wedding in the Chapel Sept. 15, 2018!

Honestly, our experience wasn't too great when it started out. My dad and I set up a consultation and the coordinator literally just handed us a price list and wouldn't talk. When we asked questions about anything, she said "I don't know." I had later decided we wanted to get married here so I tried to reroute dealing with this person again by leaving a voicemail discussing my situation to a manager, but ultimately got sent back to her. I was not thrilled. When we had asked to tour the options for reception spaces, we were showed the rooms with no enthusiasm in trying to get us too book. We were basically told that if we dont spend a lot of money we couldn't use the ball rooms. I was really disappointed.

About 3 months prior to my wedding, I had called to just make sure everything was still a-go. I had ended up talking to Michelle and she took over our wedding for us after I explained the situation and I thought that was very nice of her!

As the day got closer, we talked a lot more. For our rehearsal, we set up and was able to keep our stuff there over night. However, I had called and asked for the porch and the sidewalk to the chapel be cleaned before our wedding the next day and was told "Oh yes we will do it in the morning before anyone arrives." Then it never happend, so there was wood chips and grass on the carpet in the chapel for my wedding. NOT impressed.

In the chapel itself, it needs to have some of its general decor updated. For as many weddings as that place has, the carpet needs to be UPDATED. The stage's carpet is literally tattered and unraveling. The little bench/altar type thing, needs to be repainted. There are old marks on it from things hanging on it and being ripped off.

Overall it wasn't an overly great experience but it ended up turning out beautifully! We were thankful for Michelle helping us for sure!

Sent on 09/18/2018