Antigua Catering & Events Reviews

15 | Milwaukee, WI

15 Reviews for Antigua Catering & Events

• Ryan

Ryan Pope · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Best mke food (wedding or not)

Let me first start by saying how AMAZING Lali, Nico, and the entire Antigua Family and Staff had been during our wedding to make our day the most special day of our lives. The Wedding Day was the best that we could have ever hoped for and we did not have to worry about the catering or bar service at all. We made the best choice by going with Antigua for both Food and Beverage vs hiring out another Vendor for bar and they did a great job. The kitchen was quick to get the food out and our guests had nothing but positive things to say, from the first guests to the lasts all the food was cooked to perfection. The open bar service was stupendous as well, we had around 200 guests who always had a drink in hand when they needed one. Overall, GREAT job by the catering service.
    Now let’s talk about Lali because the important part of finding the right caterer is making sure you get along with that person that coordinates. I highly suggest you stop by Antigua’s Restaurant and try out their delicious menu and flavorful drinks first hand. I’m sure provided she’s there and not too busy she’ll pop out and say hello! Lali was always available to us and made us feel like our wedding was hers as well. The tasting was so simple and easy for us to be able to pick out the food we wanted and additionally they allowed us to make modifications as well! From the point we picked out food out to Lali attending all of our meetings and being EXTREMLY punctual it was a breeze for our minds. Never were we anxious about the catering because we felt so at ease.
    Overall, I would say the personal touch and the local business is the best part about it. The staff cares for your wedding like it is their own and they will continue to get better and better. We hope this helps in making your decision!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2019

Great experience!

Amazing! Antigua served us great food for our wedding. They helped us every step of the way with planning our perfect wedding menu. On the day of their staff was so attentive and made sure us and our guests were taken care of the whole night. I would highly recommend Antigua to any couple looking for a non-traditional wedding menu!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Colette · Married on 09/07/2018

After searching the Milwaukee area for an authentic Latin caterer for our wedding on September 7, 2018, we were thrilled when we sat down with Lali at the restaurant to discuss our vision. Right from the start, Lali was professional, knowledgeable, and so accommodating. It was a pleasure working with her and her entire team from start to finish. We created a custom menu that included unique passed hors d'oeuvres and really fun stations for dinner, including a ceviche, taco, and empanada station. We had the absolute best experience working with Antigua and can't wait to check out the new restaurant! Thank you, Lali, for making our wedding one to remember! :)

Sent on 09/21/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/20/2014

Great service, great people, had an awesome experience working with Antigua and would recommend them to others!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Honestly, the best caterer we could have hoped for! Lali was very detailed and wonderful to work with. Her team was very professional and flexible; they were able to make some special family recipes for our appetizers which made the menu even more personalized. We didn't have our wedding at a traditional venu so we did a lot of the planning ourselves, Lali was very helpful with coordinating the dinner service and her team handled some "bumps" in our dinner very very well! [Let's be honest, something small is bound to happen at every wedding but even more when you plan it yourselves and without an event coordinator from your venue... We had a small glitch (which wasn't Antigua's fault) and they handled it extremely well, I didn't know anything even happened until after the wedding! I'm so grateful we chose them as our caterers]

Sent on 06/01/2015

Mary Jane · event on: 07/25/2013

I was impressed that the owner could visit with guests because her staff knew exactly what to do during and after the event. The staff did not have to be told to take down, put away, or what is next, which shows the details were all planned in advance. The gift bags were an added treat for guests. The DIY mojito making station was a big hit. I now know how to muddle to make a mojito!

Sent on 08/09/2013

Maria · Married on 06/21/2013

Antigua was outstanding in service and quality. They were quick in answering my questions and able to cover all of my needs. Everything from the set-up to the take down was done so well. The food stations were never left unserviced and empty. All the employees were professional and so pleasant! The pricing was fair and the food was abundant for the price. On the day of the event I had no worries about the service they had provided, everything surpassed my expectations.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Anne · Married on 09/28/2013

We were thrilled to have Antigua cater our wedding! All of the guests raved about the food, and the service was fantastic! The staff made everything so pleasant and easy. From the initial inquiry through the event itself, we were treated like family. The people at Antigua LOVE what they do, and it clearly shows! I will recommend the restaurant and the catering services to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Antigua Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you, and your family. Best wishes, and see you at Antigua soon.

sarahjane · Married on 10/21/2017

We had Antigua cater our wedding and WOW is all I can say. First, the staff: absolutely amazing. They are kind, gracious, polite, and beyond professional. During the appetizer/ cocktail hour, the staff remembered what guest were vegetarians, and came to them with the veggie options first. The bartenders are amazing- friendly, great drink makers, and keep the party going. Second, the food. I have been told by so many guest- that hands down, this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. When we started planning our wedding, one thing that was very important was that the dinning atmosphere resembled hanging with friends at your most favorite restaurant. And that is exactly what we got. We had family style dinning, starting with guac and chips and the delicious cilantro aioli and bread, and then 3 meat options to make tacos. We had the Cilantro Shrimp (hands down one of the best dishes I have ever tasted), Cochinita Pibil, and the Steak Ranchero. And lastly, the experience. Citlali is an amazing woman who has created a business that 100% reflects every aspect of her. She is very attentive to details during the planning phase. She has a staff that reflects respect and pride in everything they do. She delivers above and beyond on quality and experience. We wanted an unforgettable evening where great food brought everyone together- and with Antigua catering, that is exactly what we got.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

Antigua did an amazing job with catering our wedding. The food was delicious and the service was perfect. We did a few tastings before the event and updated our food choices easily, Antigua was very flexible and understanding. Everyone commented on how great the food was. We served the food family style so guests were able to try more than one dish.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Eileen · Married on 09/22/2013

Antigua catered our wedding last month and they we are so pleased with them. Lali and Rosi were great to work with beforehand, and the their staff at the reception were very professional and courteous. We heard from our parents that the passed appetizers went over very well, and the dinner buffet was delicious. The only complaint I heard from our guests was that the portions were small and there was not enough food. I think though, that everyone did get a plate. But that was the only slightly negative thing I heard; other than that people raved about it. The other thing I want to mention is that Antigua was so very accommodating! All of the flatware, dinnerware, linens, head table, water service, and cake cutting and serving was in included, which made my life so much easier. I highly recommend Antigua Catering. Also, the restaurant is really lovely too!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Dulce · Married on 08/30/2013

Antigua is a great business overall. All the guest were amazed by the food! It was delicious! The staff was polite and professional. Glad to have such a wonderful business in my neighborhood! My husband and I are planning out next date to Antigua! Can't wait!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Love their food, such a great value compared to other caterers. They went the extra mile for us when the table cloths we had didn't match the napkins they brought so they didn't even question have different ones driven out. The staff was so friendly and sweet whenever we needed anything. Only issues we had were with reaching them and getting responses but in the end it wasn't a big deal. All of our guests loved the food and thought it was so unique.

Sent on 08/05/2015

3.5

Lali, Rosie, and the rest of the Antigua crew did a fantastic job with our wedding reception!! They were extremely helpful before the event, helping us set up the chairs, tables, etc. Rosie checked in with us frequently throughout the evening to make sure everything was good (and it was!). The food was wonderful, we got lots of compliments and inquiries about who the caterer was, and of course we were happy to tell them :) Everything stayed on schedule and went smoothly - I would recommend them to anyone who needs a caterer.

Sent on 10/15/2013

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

I enjoyed working with Antigua, especially Lali. The food tasted great, but was smaller portioned than we expected, and unfortunately ours was a little less than hot. With over 100 guests, you can't expect perfection though. Most of our guests complimented us on our food choices, but a few of our guests did not get their salads. This was unfortunate because we paid for more meals than guests, due to last minute cancellations and no flexibility for a refund. The staff working our wedding were kind and considerate to us, and ultimately we appreciated the service they provided.

Sent on 08/20/2014