Anthony's Gourmet Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Food and Service!

From the very beginning of our wedding plans Anthony's Catering was responsive to our needs. They delivered a delicious meal to our guests that was appealing and tasty. No blah wedding food from this group!

• Amie

Amie · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful Caterer!

We really liked working with Maxwell at Anthony's Catering. We did two tastings, and each time he was very communicative, offered good feedback, and was receptive to changes throughout the planning process. Any time there was a delay on any communication, he always gave an explanation (or let us know in advance if he'd be out) so we were able to communicate effectively, even largely planning the wedding from a different city. We also loved the fact they let us use our own alcohol instead of forcing us to use their vendor to purchase cocktails. They also worked with us on making sure there were vegan and gluten free options that some of our guests needed.

When it came to the menu, we were pleased with what we got. We chose entrees of the Chicken Michelle and Bourbon Steak Tenderloin. We got tons of compliments on the beef in particular, from guests. Additionally, the star foods they provided for us were the appetizers - during the tastings we were IN LOVE with the shrimp and grits, mac n cheese, stuffed mushrooms, and baked brie. We were very very sad we didn't get to eat any of our cocktail hour food on the day of. Make sure you get someone to grab that stuff for you so you don't miss out.

Maxwell was also helpful with last minute changes - we added donuts late in the game and he made sure we had carafes of milk for them.

We also had a minor hiccup that occurred because some of the booze and mixers we bought didn't make it to the venue on time. They were still able to make it work for us with some of the assorted sodas they brought for dinner until we could get reserves in to deliver to the bartenders.

If I could change anything about the night, I would have set a plan ahead of time to try not to waste as much food. We had a very large amount of guests (around 179) and at the end of cocktail hour, instead of saving any they just threw out all the leftover appetizers when my family would have gladly taken some home. Even being able to donate it to a shelter would have been a more helpful option. I was unaware of the waste until the following day, which was a bummer. However, that was not something we set a game plan for ahead of time, and so I understand how that confusion may have occurred if they didn't know our preference would have been to save any leftovers or there was no way for them to save it in containers.

Carmen · Married on 05/26/2018

Thanks to Rob Vandervilt and his amazing crew!! Our Daughter Lucy's graduation party was a memorable event. The food, the décor, and the very attentive staff, made our special day one to remember. Again, we can't thank you enough for a superb service...…. Dr. Juan & Carmen Rosario

Barbie · Married on 03/30/2018

We used Anthony’s for our recent wedding. Rose was so helpful in planning and just brought all the final touches during set up to make everything look so perfect. Our guests could not say enough about the food we selected. The macaroni bar is to die for! You can’t go wrong with yummy food and great service!!!

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2017

We hired Anthonys for our November 2017 wedding in Lake City and they were awsome! We wanted a casual buffet style dinner with a southern comfort food theme. And we did a shrimp and grits station which was a hit! Everyone said how great the food was and even guests who had never had grits before went back for seconds. Max was our point of contact and we just loved how flexible he was with any changes and any ideas we found on Pinterest he did his best to make our vision come true. On the wedding day their staff and servers were efficient and professional and guests commented on how friendly they were. They also took really good care of my husband and I during the reception, bringing us food and keeping our drinks full. Would hire Anthonys again for sure.

T · Married on 08/05/2017

We attended a wedding today an Anthony's was the catering service. Everyone at my table loved the food. The crap dip was great and the all the reception food. The main course was the buffet style and as the staff served us they were all very friendly and provided a nice portion of food. I asked for a couple cards and will definitely keep them in mind for any catering needs. I highly recommend this company. Awesome experience. Thanks

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2017

Anthonys was delicious and my guests loved the food! My family is from up north and Italian and my husbands is from down south so we did a north meets south menu! The most popular items with my guests were the steak diane (you can cut with your fork!) and the corn bread soufflé! They were quick with responding to emails and very professional staff during the wedding. My husband and I received our meal right away which allowed for mingling while others ate. Recommend to anyone!

Sandy · Married on 01/16/2017

Our wedding reception was at the Jacksonville Zoo, which only allows Anthony's Catering to be the bar vendor. Thankfully, Anthony's does not price gouge knowing they are one's only option. Their prices were more than fair and much less than some other companies and venues we had researched. We (mostly my hubs) worked with Kim setting up the bar details prior to our event. And that was an absolute positive experience. I know Kim has been in this industry for 10+ years and she does a fantastic job at it. She worked with us to stay within our price range and get us the most bang for our buck, so to speak. For our event, Marc & Nikki were our bartenders and they were awesome! Very friendly and personable. Our chosen specialty drinks were The Pink Elephant and The Alligator Chomp. I picked The Pink Elephant (vodka and strawberry lemonade) while as my groom picked The Alligator Chomp. And surprisingly, I LOVED The Alligator Chomp! A mix of whiskey and Peach Tea. The pours of alcohol were generous. Super happy with their service and glad they were a part of our special day! We spent approx. $4,00 for 115 guests.

Sally · Married on 04/16/2016

I used Anthony's for my son's wedding in April and couldn't have been more pleased. The food was phenomenal and we had raves from our guests. Not the typical wedding buffet. The bride was looking to save money and buy her own decorations. Kim and KR convinced her that we could rent items from Unique Events and they would help design the beachy feel she was looking for. They were able to create an event that was within our budget. The bride was nervous about turning over control, but was overjoyed with the results. Kim and KR were easy to work with and personally supervised everything the day of the wedding. It was an outdoor wedding and reception which presented challenges the day of the wedding when it turned out to be very windy. They were quick to respond to these challenges and come up with alternatives. Kim and KR were extremely attentive to the bride and groom and they made sure I was pleased with everything that day. Due to pictures, I missed much of the cocktail hour. Everyone raved about the hors d'oeuvres but I only had a few. Kim returned with a plate of all our selections. The bacon wrapped scallops were to die for. At the end of the evening, I was able to see the bride and groom off and then my guests. The clean up team had everything I was taking packed up and ready to load into my car as soon as I said good night to the last guests. They are true professionals. KR was married the weekend before and had taken a week off. Kim was on top of everything that week and KR was back the day of the wedding and the day before. I love these ladies. If I was going to make a recommendation, I'd say trust them through the entire process. They know what they are doing and will not disappoint you. They are willing to accommodate any requests. My daughter-in-law was NOT a bridezilla which made her easy to work with and it made everyone's life easier. Anthony's Gourmet Catering, Kim and KR took all the stress off of us.

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2016

Anthony's Gourmet Catering is amazing. They catered our wedding and did an outstanding job. We got married in March and people still talk about how good the food was. KR was so wonderful and easy to work with. They made the whole process very simple and took care of everything. They asked me questions I didn't even think of and were prepared for anything I may need.

I would 100% recommend Anthony's to anyone. Any future catering services I need, I'll definitely be calling Anthony's.

Julie · Married on 01/16/2016

Great food and customer service for entire process

Kyle and Kristin · Married on 11/28/2015

Food was delicious!
    Anthony's catering did an awesome job! the food was great and we enjoyed everything we ate. Our guests mentions to us several times how great the food and staff was. I highly recommend Anthony's catering to anyone looking for great affordable food!

We could not have found a better caterers the food was awesome
    The company treated us like we were family. They went above and more to make us all feel at ease. I would like to Thank RA Debbie and i did not get the gentleman's name you all are the beast Thank you Beverly Dirrigl

• Miranda

Miranda · Married on 05/16/2015

Wow oh Wow!!! No review I could write could say enough about how phenomenal Anthony's Catering is! From the moment I started talking Rob Vanderbuilt I had nothing but wonderful service. Rob was very quick to put a menu and price together for me and responded quickly when I had any questions. When we went for the food tasting, it was unbelievable! The professionalism they showed us was above and beyond our expectations. The food was to die for. Everything we tasted was unbelievably phenomenal!! We knew we had the best. The food was absolutely perfect during the reception and the waitstaff was wonderful and very professional. We were told by every single guest how awesome the food was and how they wish they knew how they made their seafood gumbo. Rob and waitstaff... Thank you so so much for everything!! Rob you outdid yourself. The food was phenomenal and the service was impeccable!!! Thank you for making our day perfect!!!

karen · Married on 05/16/2015

Kim Flowers Stoddard- Wedding Coordinator and KR Craven
    Anthony's Catering

We met Kim through Anthony's Catering to handle our bar for the reception. Turns out, she also did wedding coordinating as well and we loved her so much we hired her for "day on" coordinating for our daughter's wedding at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. She did so much more than "day on" in terms of her time, attention and services and met with us in our home at least 3 to 4 times on details…as well as coordinated with all the other vendors as to program, scheduling and deliveries to the venue. She also led us to KR Craven, who was indispensable in not only providing the most gorgeous tropical asymmetrical table arrangements ever for the reception tables but is also her assistant as well…both of them are fabulous and so much so, that when pictures come in, we are getting together over wine and food and viewing them at the house! I cannot emphasize how wonderful Kim and KR are in terms of their professionalism and you will fall in love with them as well! We couldn’t have pulled it off without them!

Anthony's Catering also did a great job on the bar selections and were reasonably priced and professional....they had many options for open bars, beer and wine, signature drinks, etc..

Joyce · Married on 04/26/2015

My daughter and I hired Kim with Anthony's catering for her wedding in St. Augustine. We can't say enough how absolutely wonderful they were!! The professionalism and service was phenomenal! Every little detail was perfect, from the cocktail hour to the clean-up at the end! Our guests raved how awesome all the food was! We had Steak Diane (to die for!) and Chicken Cordon Blu as the main dishes. Perfection is the word that comes to mind when I think about how great everything tasted! The appetizers (Bacon wrapped Scallops) were so good, could have been happy with just that!! Their macaroni and cheese was to DIE FOR! Kim and KR made this day SO VERY SPECIAL for all of us. There should be a 10 star rating because they would certainly rate that!!! Much thanks to Kim, KR and the very professional wait staff with Anthony's!!!!

• lauraanddoug2015

Doug · Married on 04/24/2015

You know it's good food when your guests tell you afterwards that our food at our wedding was the BEST wedding food they've ever had! Anthony's is AMAZING! Our food was incredible! The presentation of the food was beautiful and the staff was on point! We would recommend them to anyone! We can't say enough great things about Anthony's. They helped make our wedding day perfect!

Victoria · Married on 12/06/2014

We went with Anthony's Catering and turned out it was the BEST decision we could have made! Max Parrish was the lead on our wedding, and I can't say enough kind words in regards to his attention to detail and professionalism that he showed us! From our initial contact, tasting, to execution day of everything was spot on. I never had worry if there would be an issue as they put my mind 100% at ease. We had a seated dinner for 155 as well as a served cocktail hour prior to dinner on the green and the staff members were flawless. All my husband and I have heard since the wedding is how AMAZING the food was from start to finish. Thank you to Anthony's Catering and all staff members involved for helping making our wedding the day of our dreams.

• Ronoh

Honor · Married on 11/15/2014

Anthony's was fantastic. Our original caterer was a fail and Anthony's stepped in and did everything to help our day be perfect. The food was delicious and the service perfect!

• Mrs Rawson

Chelsey · Married on 06/20/2014

Anthony's catering was amazing the best food at a wedding hands down. They made everything perfect for our special day and very friendly.

Joann · Married on 03/08/2014

We used Anthony's for bar-tending services at our wedding. We got married at the Jacksonville Zoo and had to use them which was not a problem. They were easy to work with. We mostly communicated via email. They have a couple of packages to choose from. We went with open bar and their prices are very reasonable. Their staff is very friendly too.

mark · Married on 11/09/2013

Excellent food delicious desserts. Rob did a very good job planning the entire event with us even with changes that we had!

Abby · Married on 09/28/2013

Anthony's Catering was the caterer we chose for our wedding- we know Kim Flowers and so we asked her to be our Wedding Planner also, which she did a fabulous job with KR taking over on the "day of" so Kim could look after the food.
    A few comments from the guests: "Someone finally got the food right at a wedding" "I don't even like fried chicken but this is amazing" "When I asked, they even packaged me up more fried green tomatoes to take home" "Your family is still talking about the servers and bartender"
    Basically, everyone who came to serve the guests had a smile on their face and the food (Southern-style inspired based on Kim's suggestions) was MEMORABLY good.
    But in all honesty I have attended several events hosted by Anthony's Catering and regardless of the menu it's always the talk of the party.

I don't know if I should put reviews here for the planning they did, but that was incredible also. Kim and KR suggested a Jenga set in place of a wedding scrapbook (adorable) and they found a way to project stars on the ceiling. It was a fairy tale and it would not have been the same without their ideas, creativity, and of course hard work.

Sara · Married on 09/14/2013

Kim Flowers is a god send! She saved the day, and even though they weren't able to make it to the venue on time due to a bridge being out near by, they had everything ready and stunning before I even got there! She went above and beyond, it was amazing.

Christa · Married on 03/02/2013

Alissa and the staff at Anthony's Catering were the ABSOLUTE BEST! It was easy to communicate with Alissa and she immediately responded to my e-mails and calls. They worked within my budget and continuously helped me with my questions. I continue to be told that the food was the best Cuban food they had ever eaten! Alissa made sure my husband and I were taken care of and made my night the best! They went above and beyond for our cocktail hour and appetizers.They even ran to the store to buy extra beer for my guests!! I cannnot express how grateful I am for their help in creating such a special night. I would HIGHLY reccommend them to ANYONE. I wish there were 10 stars! Thank you Alissa!!