The Antares Musicians Reviews

208 | Ellicott City, MD

208 Reviews for The Antares Musicians

Very professional musicians, made our wedding absolutely lovely!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Dana · Married on 07/06/2013

I had a violinist, pianist and cantor at my wedding at Corpus Christi and they were ALL amazing! I would recommend The Antares Musicians to anyone in the Columbia/Ellicott City area!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Amy · Married on 07/06/2013

My parents, husband, and I are still getting compliments on how beautiful the string trio was during the ceremony and cocktail hour. The Antares Musicians provided outstanding music for both our wedding mass and cocktail hour. Walking down the aisle to Cannon in D played by a live string trio was pretty much a dream come true for me. We also had requested the group learn a piece of music that was quite sentimental to our family and they did so quickly and perfectly. Every piece was excellent and such a special touch for our big day. My only complaint is that I couldn’t hear more of the music, being away for most of the pieces doing Bride Tasks! However, my husband was able to sneak away during cocktail hour and heard both of the songs he was really hoping to hear.

Tammy was fabulous to work with- professional, courteous, and genuinely wanting to work with us to make our day fantastic. I would most definitely recommend the Antares Musicians to anyone seeking a professional, classy, and beautiful touch for any occasion. Our sincere thanks to Tammy and her colleagues!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/22/2013

The Antares Musicians are professional and incredibly talented. They have a huge selection of music to choose from, no matter what ensemble you choose. We had a string trio for during our ceremony, but they start 30 minutes before, playing music while your guests arrive and are seated, and then of course for the ceremony and while people are leaving afterward. We knew pretty much what we wanted, or at least we thought we did, but Jill is there to help you every step of the way. She was able to make suggestions and help us make a decision. She helped us with the order of our procession and explained how things typically work. I would definitely recommend using The Antares Musicians. Having live musicians just gives your event a little something extra: romance, elegance, sophistication, refinement, etc. Having the string trio completed the formal and polished feel we wanted for our ceremony and I would use them again in a second. I would recommend The Antares Musicians for any event!

Sent on 08/15/2013

Working with Tammy to arrange the string trio to play during my daughter's garden wedding at the Inner Harbor of Baltimore was a pleasure. Truely a professional company of musicians who make your day special. My daughter worked directly with them to make the music choices and she stated they had many helpful suggestions as well as a wide range of variety. Surprisingly, many Beatle's songs work well in a wedding ceremony and were included in my daughter's wedding. With the experience of performing at many pervious weddings as well as their expertise in music selections, they guide you through your music selecttions breaking down the parts of the wedding ceremony, making suggestions based on your preferences, and advising you if a song is too lengthy for parts of a ceremony which only a professional would know. Sample selections are available on line as well. Th music selections can be made during a phone conference which was very helpful since we lived out of town.
    As Mother of the Bride, this was one part of the wedding I didn't feel I needed to keep checking on. They were readily available by email, very punctual, and discretely set up in the garden without me having to give it a second thought. The music played while guests arrived and was perfect. They then quickly set up on the second floor cocktail hour area and continued to entertain our guests. Many compliments were received and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Carol · Married on 05/26/2013

The musicians did a fabulous job! We weren't sure up until the day or so before whether they would be playing outside or inside- dependent on the weather. They were very flexible. As it turned out, the weather was beautiful and they played outside.
    We wanted them to play several Beatles songs for the processional. It was somewhat tricky to play the appropriate song at the right time, but they got it just right.
    Everything we asked them to do, they did well. They are a very talented group of musicians, and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Thank you, Antares Musicians, for providing a quality performance at our wedding on May 24th. Tammy Sutton is the main point of contact, and throughout the planning process, she was a delight to work with. Most of our correspondence was via email and postal mail, but I was impressed with your rapid rate of response. Her song recommendations for our ceremony were "on point."

We chose a trio (violin, cello, and flute). Our guests were very impressed with this trio's performance. We had a special request for our ceremony. My brother and sister who have played for years wanted to perform one musical selection at our ceremony. Tammy and the two other musicians graciously accompanied them. Our guests thought that all 5 musicians had played together in the past. TRUE HARMONY!!!!

Thank you, Tammy, and Antares Musicians!!!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Meggin · Married on 04/27/2013

The Antares Musicians played the music at our ceremony. They did a wonderful job. I especially enjoyed listening to the music they played while the guests were being seated. It helped to calm my nerves before heading down the aisle!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Alyson · Married on 04/21/2013

The string quartet was amazing. They were professional, flexible and extremely talented. They even went as far as to play music I wrote for our wedding. They were extremely helpful in answering all our questions and I would not only recommend them, but I would hire them again in a heartbeat. FANTASTIC!

Sent on 04/27/2013

Jenn · Married on 04/04/2013

The Antares went above and beyond in meeting our expectations. Great group of musicians and great people as well.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Clara · Married on 03/23/2013

Antares Musicians were amazing for my ceremony. I worked with Tammy Sutton, and she was so easy to work with. She's extremely responsive to emails and music details, and she sent us a cue sheet for our wedding coordinator a few days before the wedding for our rehearsal to run smoothly. The musicians dressed so professionally, arrived early to set up, and played so beautifully. All of the guests were raving at how lovely the music was. Their timing was amazing too. They are really experienced in timing their music to the number of bridal party members so the music doesn't end abruptly. Walking down the aisle is such an emotional experience, and I will forever remember how I felt during that moment. I can still hear the music playing (Canon in D) in my ears. They are such a delight to work with, and I highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 03/26/2013

Byron · Married on 03/02/2013

My wife and i used the Antares Musicians for our ceremony music. Our pianist (Patty) was excellent and we got many compliments from our guests about how beautiful and professional the music sounded. In addition, the customer service with the Antares Musicians was excellent. We booked our contract very late (about 3 weeks before the wedding) but Jill was able to get everything organized for us in a very timely manner. She kept me in the loop with all updates and made it very easy for us. I would definitely recommend the Antares to anybody else!

Byron

Sent on 03/18/2013

Megan · Married on 11/17/2012

We hired the Antares Musicians very last minute (read: the week before) our wedding. We decided to add a string trio to our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was such a great addition to our day. We worked with Jill on getting a contract together, song choices, and payment under a really tight time crunch but everything worked out beautifully. They had a large number of song choices, all which could be previewed online as played by the actual musicians which was a very cool feature and saved a lot of research time for us. Jill was always responsive- both by phone and email. The execution and set up was great and the music was really lovely. We paid the extra $ for the Bose upgrade to make sure the music was loud enough, especially for our cocktail hour. We’re not sure what it would be like without the upgrade, but the system made the music just the right volume for the party, so we’d definitely recommend getting that. We would definitely recommend Antares Musicians for your event!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Rebekah · Married on 11/17/2012

I found a string trio, the Antares Musicians at a Sheraton Hotel bridal expo in Towson. I loved them and swore I would use them for my wedding...I did and I couldn't have been more happy on that day! I let my Mom and Jill work out the music selections except 1, I wanted to use the Bridal March. Mom said working with Jill for the selection choices and working out every detail for the music prior to the ceremony, during the ceremony and afterwards was wonderful. Jill thought of important details that Mom had not considered. Mom also said the website provided an opportunity to hear the musicians play several pieces over many genres. My guests were so surprised to see the musicians because I am such a geek. My cousin who was the videographer said the musicians were the best he has ever heard. The professional was amazing; the cellist was as good as YO YO Ma on one the pieces played during the dinner period. The Antares Musicians have made my wedding ceremony and reception very special and memorable. These talented and professional musicians performed over our expectations. Anyone looking to provide a special feature to your already important event would want to consider have The Antares Musicians. You will not be disappointed.

On a personal note, I am sorry for the long delay in posting this review. Between the Thanksgiving and Holiday seasons and starting my new life, I have just now have had a chance to post the review.

Sent on 02/23/2013

Emily · Married on 11/10/2012

Your ensembles sounded phenomenal and I’ve already gotten a dozen emails expressing what a great choice the music was. The mood was perfect. I look forward to working with you again.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2012

you all were absolutely incredible. had so many guests comment on the music and how amazing you were!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Deborah · Married on 11/03/2012

The Antares Musicians performed the ceremony music for my daughter's wedding; they were fabulous from my very first conversation with them through the day of the wedding. First and foremost, their musical talent is beyond compare. Their professionalism, selection of musical pieces, attention to detail and desire to please were reassuring and appreciated. We were able to actually listen to them playing many of the musical pieces online and the website was very easy to navigate. Many of the guests complimented us on the choice of such a lovely ensemble group. We were thrilled with the ceremony and the beautiful musical selections perfromed by the Antares Musicains added to the splendour of the wedding. We would highly recommend this group to anyone who might need their services.

Sent on 11/15/2012

I would highly recommend Antares Musicians for any event that could include music. Their professionalism and experience is superb, as is their ability to customize for events. You won't be disappointed with Antares Musicians!

Sent on 11/06/2012
  • User2064760 · 2+ years ago

This group played the music for our ceremony and they were great! They had a huge variety we could choose from and I never had to check up on them and always got back to me in a timely manner. The music they played was beautiful and made the ceremony special.

Sent on 12/01/2012

Nikki · Married on 10/27/2012

I found Antares at a bridal expo in Towson. I loved them and swore I would use them for my wedding...I did and I couldn't have been more happy on that day! My guests loved the ambiance-The music was perfect for my husband and I! They played during cocktail hour and were definitely memorable! THANK YOU ANTARES!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Debbie · event on: 10/24/2012

Tammy was great to work with. Very professional and provided beautiful background music during our cocktail party.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Colleen · Married on 10/13/2012

Excellent! Would highly recommend! Fantastic job with both the ceremony and cocktail music. Thank you!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Brooke · Married on 10/07/2012

They were easy to work with & play beautifully.

Sent on 10/20/2012

Jenny · Married on 10/07/2012

I would recommend Antares Musicians for a wedding or any special event. I worked with Jill and she was wonderful. She is professional and friendly. We picked out the ceremony music and entrusted her to pick the rest. We received raved reviews on all the music played during the guest arrival, ceremony and cocktail hour. The trio was amazing!!!

Sent on 10/22/2012

A very professional company that plays a beautiful variety of music for any occasion.

Sent on 10/10/2012