The Antares Musicians Reviews

208 | Ellicott City, MD

208 Reviews for The Antares Musicians

Kimberly · Married on 08/15/2015

The string quartet from Antares Musicians that we hired for our wedding were wonderful to work with and exhibited the classy elegance and superior musicianship that we were hoping for. Antares worked with us to put together the perfect wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, helping us choose the appropriate music for each part of the program. Their extensive repertoire of both classical and popular music allowed us to tailor the musical selections to the atmosphere we were hoping to create. They are true professionals and a pleasure to work with. Thank you for making our wedding so classy and fun!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Julie · Married on 08/01/2015

They were wonderful! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/09/2016

The Antares Musicians are the BEST! From the first phone call to the actual event, they were patient, supportive, and professional in their dealing with me, FOB, and the Bride. Once the date/time arrangements were set, Jill turned her attention to the Bride and worked out the music details. The Bride told me how easy it was to work with Jill to get the details completed. They arrived at the facility on time, set up, and went to work. The Antares Musicians' flute, violin, and cello blended with the warmth & beauty of the day and the setting to make for a classy enjoyable presentation. Many guests commented on the quality and selection of the music. Thank You, Antares Musicians for a job well done!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Steven · Married on 07/25/2015

The music provided by the Antares Musicians at our daughter's wedding--Jill on flute, Tammy on violin, Jonathan on cello--was exquisite. They were knowledgeable and pleasant to work with, their planning and preparation were comprehensive, their performance was flawless, and the range of their repertoire was remarkable (from J.S. Bach to Marilyn Manson in the course of the reception). Filling out their advance questionnaire was more challenging than we'd expected, but by the time my wife and I completed it we found we'd mastered pretty much everything we were going to need to know about the scope and sequencing of the ceremony and reception. All in all, our trio was simply perfect--and a lasting value to boot.

Sent on 08/02/2015
  • annakay511

Anna · Married on 07/25/2015

The Antares Musicians are true professionals. We chose to go with a string trio. Their online planning tools were easy to use and about a month out from the wedding, Lisa contacted me via email to confirm final details. She sent a cue sheet which was invaluable and sent a new one each time we made even minor changes. She was extremely responsive and assured me that if we had any last-minute changes that was no problem. The music was beautiful and really created the classy and elegant ambiance I wanted for our wedding day. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Monica · Married on 05/15/2015

Jill and Troy did a wonderful job for our daughter's wedding on the promenade at the Inn at Henderson's Wharf in Fells Point. From the pre-ceremony music to the processional and recessional to the cocktail hour, their performance was spot on and set a lovely mood. The processional was the very traditional Pachelbel's "Canon in D" but Whitney chose "Brown-Eyed Girl" for her recessional and we received so many compliments on how wonderful it sounded on flute and guitar! We worked with Jill through the planning process and she was on top of the details from step one and made it very easy for us. I would recommend Antares to anyone!

Sent on 05/27/2015

We used Antares Musicians for our ceremony music and our cocktail hour music. We selected a string trio for both, and the price was very reasonable. Tammy was incredibly responsive and professional. Their use of the WeddingWire vendor website made it easy to keep our contract, wedding details, and music selections all in one place. Their wedding details and music selection questionnaire was extremely detailed and really let me know that they had thought of everything. The samples on their website also made it really easy to select our music. Listening to the audio samples really made us confident in our choices.

The day of the wedding, everything went beautifully. Our ceremony was outside, and it was unusually cold for April, but Tammy and the rest of the string trio were great about the whole situation. The music was beautiful and the transitions between songs were flawless. If you are looking for great music for your wedding, you should definitely contact Antares!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Diane · Married on 04/18/2015

Fabulous music, provided guidance and assistance through the process. Easy to work with and I could go on. They are terrific -- talented, quality, attention to detail, and top notch service.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Michelle · event on: 04/17/2015

Excellent performance! They provided the perfect atmosphere for our event.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Matthew · Married on 01/24/2015

Antares was a pleasure to work with! Despite hiring them at literally the last moment, they came through and did a wonderful job. Everyone loved the music that they played before, during, and after our wedding ceremony. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Caitlin · Married on 11/01/2014

We were so pleased with Antares Musicians. The Peabody Library does not allow amplified music in the cocktail hour space, so Antares provided a string trio for the cocktail hour. Admittedly we didn't get to hear their whole set because we weren't in the cocktail hour the whole time, but what we heard was wonderful and our guests raved about it. We asked for a mix of classical, jazz and pop so there was a something for everyone! It was easy to work with them in advance and they were quite flexible. Highly recommend Antares Musicians!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Jeanne · Married on 10/18/2014

I worked with Jill while planning my daughter's wedding, and she was very responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. She contacted me weeks prior to the wedding to prompt me for necessary details. They are extremely thorough and professional, and their music is just beautiful. We selected the string quartet for the ceremony. They played 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony (30 minute ceremony), and we actually used the musicians' start time as the start time of the wedding on our invitations. This worked out wonderfully by ensuring that the guests arrived on time, enjoyed a mini concert prior to the ceremony, and the ceremony was able to start right on time. They played a wonderful variety of both classical and contemporary music, and they have a very large music library from which to select. We had many compliments from our guest, and I highly recommend the Antares Musicians.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Laura · Married on 10/11/2014

The best!! We got married at Corpus Christi church (which they were very familiar with) so it was really easy for me to just pick the music and let them know what time to show up. They took care of the rest! They even added a song at the last minute that they had to order music for. They asked that I send a check in the mail (I forgot!) and they still played it anyway. I really appreciated their excellent customer service. All of Jill's emails were professional and she always offered her time to talk things through if something didn't make sense or I needed clarification. Everything was so thorough, I only spoke with her once in the beginning to introduce myself.

Having a string quartet was really important to me, and they went above and beyond. They have an amazing range of song options so I did a mix of classics and some more familiar songs from recent films/pop hits. Actually, just before I walked down the aisle they played Moon River, and it was so beautiful I burst into tears. A happy memory :)

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • User4491948 · 2+ years ago

The Antares Musicians provided wonderful music before and during our ceremony. They were easy to work with and the music was beautiful.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Linda · Married on 10/03/2014

We had a excellent experience. The musicians (flute, violin, and cello) were familiar with the venue (The Cloisters), very professional, and completely self-directed. Their selection of music was very appropriate for the occasion. Many guests commented very favorably on the music. it was way, way better than the more traditional organ or prerecord music.Jill was our contact person and she made the planning part easy. Very accessible and prompt responses via email.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Carol · Married on 09/27/2014

The Antares Musicians performed wonderfully at our daughters recent wedding. The samples they provide make selection easy and Jill T. was helpful answering our questions. Many of our guest complimented their skill; the string quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour was one of my favorite aspects about the wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Dan · Married on 09/20/2014

I called around to various musician groups, and Antares Musicians had by far the lowest fee. I thought we might be sacrificing quality, but that was not the case at all. They were a pleasure to deal with and they sounded amazing. I recommend them without any reservations.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/12/2014

Everything was wonderful! The musicians played beautifully and all the guests complimented on how perfect the music and selections were. I would absolutely recommend Antares!

Sent on 10/20/2014

The Antares Musicians were extremely easy to work with and very flexible in terms of the musical selection I preferred. I would highly recommend them to friends and family. Jill is very organized and responsive, which is a huge plus when you're planning a wedding :).

Sent on 10/08/2014

They did such a beautiful job! Everything was perfect. They were very thorough with their communication beforehand by giving us a questionnaire to complete so they understood every aspect of what to do and play before, during, and after the ceremony. They even went so far to learn a new song for us to walk down the aisle to as husband and wife. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Beccy · Married on 08/31/2014

We couldn’t have been happier with our decision to use Antares Musicians for our wedding. We received a response from our initial email within 24 hours. After going over our event details on the phone we knew they were going to be a perfect for our venue at a historic estate. We selected the diamond package since we wanted them to play during our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.

With showers in the forecast the evening of our wedding, we thought we’d be able to have our garden ceremony as planned and move inside for the reception. However, minutes before our ceremony was to begin, it started to rain. The musicians quickly moved to the nearby covered patio where they would be playing for the cocktail hour. We were so delighted that they were able to make the transition quickly and everything appeared seamless to our guests.

Their music was absolutely beautiful and they provided just the right mix of classical and contemporary songs. Many of our guests complimented their talent and musical selections that evening. They made an already memorable day even more special. We would highly recommend Antares Musicians to anyone hosting a wedding a special event.

Sent on 10/15/2014

They were amazing! Would definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Kat · Married on 07/19/2014

The Antares Musicians were absolutely wonderful. Their online payment and planning tools made booking them super convenient; yet they kept in personal contact with me throughout the process to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. They lent a sophisticated, romantic atmosphere to the affair, and I'm so glad we went with them.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2014

We used the Antares Musicians String Trio for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and they were fantastic! Tammy is the main point of contact and she is wonderful - attentive to details, very responsive by email, and willing to answer questions. When we changed our ceremony location a few months before the wedding, she worked with us and made sure we could still have the music we wanted.

On our wedding day, the music was beautiful. The trio was on time, dressed professionally, and made sure their music was heard without being too overwhelming. They played at the perfect times during the ceremony and picked a good range of music for the cocktail hour. We're still getting compliments from guests!

We would highly recommend this trio to other couples. We love that they have so many music samples on their website, were very happy with their online process (it is straightforward, organized, and great for a busy bride!), and had a great experience overall. We did choose to add the Bose speakers for our cocktail hour and I would recommend that as well.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Mario · Married on 07/03/2014

Very much loved "The Legend Of Zelda" theme. Thanks very much for everything.

Sent on 07/17/2014