Anne Marie's Catering Reviews

77 | San Antonio, TX

77 Reviews for Anne Marie's Catering

Rhiannon R. · Married on 11/14/2020

Delicious Food and Amazing Service

We loved working with Anne Marie's! We met Shawn at several open houses in San Antonio, what drew us to them is that they always had different food at each event! Shawn was so great to work with! We had a tasting for two and couldn't decide, so we ended up bringing both of our parents and my brother to help make the final decision for a separate tasting, we had so much food to taste and were able to take all the leftovers home from the tasting. I kept throwing more things at Shawn to add to our catering, like ice cream (for the brownie bar) and street tacos for our late night snack (which were AMAZING!!! Highly recommend). Everyone LOVED the food especially the tacos. We were also able to take home all the leftover food from the reception! We were also able to rent linen, chargers, dinnerware, and silverware from them so it made planning so much easier!! Anne Marie's is the best! I can't wait to use them again in the future when I need catering

Sent on 12/21/2020
  • Katy

Katy D. · Married on 10/16/2020

Exceptional service at an affordable price

Shawn at Anne Marie’s was so incredibly nice and easy to work with, and I cannot recommend Anne Marie’s enough! They were so accommodating, starting with our tasting when Chef Robbie offered to make our meal gluten-free without compromising on taste or quality. The tasting portions were very large and delicious and the presentation and information given at the tasting helped us answer so many questions we had. When we had to postpone our wedding in April due to coronavirus, they re-scheduled with us on our new date with no issues. During the final call with Shawn, he went above and beyond to ensure that our gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian guests would be accommodated and he worked with us when we had to lower our guest headcount. During our event, the staff was professional, friendly and operated in a safe manner consistent with the social gathering guidelines in place. Passed appetizers and water were sent to the wedding party while we were taking pictures so we didn’t miss out on them circulating during cocktail hour. Our plated dinner was served efficiently and was so fresh and delicious. I’ve received so many compliments on the meal (chicken with mornay sauce, basil risotto that I STILL think about, and roasted veggies) from taste, to presentation, to portion size. They also made brownies and churros as our “groom’s cake”. We looked at a handful of caterers and Anne Marie’s service and price could not be beat. We also hired bartenders and rented our linens and china from them. Shawn was one of those vendors that I enjoyed working with so much I was sad when the wedding was over. I’ll just have to think of an excuse to throw another catered party in the future!

Sent on 12/06/2020

Fantastic Customer Service

Sent on 10/17/2020

Priscilla R. · Married on 03/16/2020

Wedding planner

Annemarie's is a beautiful venue for a wedding
    w professional staff & round tables to make any event memorable.

Sent on 03/21/2019

C Gough · Married on 12/21/2019

Wonderful Choice!

Deciding on a caterer for our daughter's wedding was not difficult once I spoke with Holly. What a delight she is! From the first conversation, I knew everything would be fine. I wasn't fully prepared to understand all of the details that had to be decided when I started this journey. Thankfully, Holly is a very experienced planner with great vision, and she led us on this path like the pro that she is. Not only menu choices, but color scheme, table decor, florals...she does it all. We had the tasting in June, with table settings we chose, everything was delicious. Holly was always available to discuss any changes needed, and offered advice and suggestions along the way. On the day of the wedding, Holly and staff did an excellent job of setting up the venue. When we walked in it, it was just magical...more than we had ever imagined. And there she was, making sure it was all running smoothly. The staff was also wonderful, very professional and polite. I placed my trust in Holly and Anne Marie's Catering, they went above and beyond. I cannot thank them enough for making Loren and Tyler's wedding day so very special.

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Jessica B

Jessica · Married on 12/07/2019

Exceptional and unforgettable

ACTUALLY THE BEST EVER! I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH OF JUST HOW INCREDIBLE ANNE MARIE'S CATERING IS and how our entire wedding day would not have been what it was without them. The team, led by the extraordinary Holly, was all simply incredible! Every single TASTY detail was thought about and executed to perfection. And I mean, THE SERVICE was just outstanding! Everyone really went above and beyond in every single way and was just exceptional. Everything was so elegant and we are STILL getting compliments to this day! I don't think I will ever be able to thank Anne Marie's enough for all that they did for our wedding! If you want perfection and food that your guests will never forget, there is no question that Anne Marie's will deliver! Thank you again Anne Marie's!

Sent on 02/02/2020
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 11/01/2019

Highly recommend

Yummy food, friendly staff, smooth running wedding day!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 06/29/2019

Delicious, Friendly, Professional

Anne Marie's was so wonderful to work with. They allowed us to come in for a tasting on our own time. They rolled with the last minute and unexpected things such as a last minute cake cutting, left overs, dietary needs etc. Having now had a wedding with them was ideal. They were also VERY budget friendly and had a variety of options at every price point!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Food & Service! Highly Recommend!

Anne Marie’s was one of our best vendor selections!! We had the chef-tossed pasta bar and our guests absolutely LOVED the food! I have several family members with Celiac Disease who will get very sick if even a microscopic speck of gluten makes it’s way into their food. They basically cannot ever eat out because 90% of restaurants do not understand how to properly avoid cross contamination. Well, I had rave reviews from them. No one got sick!! The food was not only properly prepared, it was DELICIOUS!! A great value for the price. High end food. We received so many compliments over the chef-tossed approach! Everyone loved to watch the food be made and since the pasta was freshly tossed, the food tasted so fresh! Food was really important to my fiancé and I and we know wholeheartedly that we made the right choice to go with Anne Marie’s!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Patrick S. · Married on 10/05/2018

Creatiive and Fun Rehearsal Dinner

Anne Marie and her team created a fun menu with creative appetizers and cocktails and the service was top notch

Sent on 10/16/2018

Steven J. · Married on 09/02/2018

Not just your average caterer

I've worked security at 100's of weddings and know many caterers. Anne Marie's is by far the best. That's why I hired them for my daughter's wedding two months ago. Holly is amazing and so are the chefs and servers. The food is awesome and prepared top-notch. But they go way beyond just the food. The service is great and they help you with other things such as set up, decorations and ideas, coordinating set up at the venue, and much more. They truly take the time and effort to make your event special and memorable. Thanks Holly we love ya like family

Sent on 10/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2018

Incredible

Anne Marie's Catering truly helped make our wedding day a beautiful success! They are the absolute best! Our wedding was over a month ago and we still hear great feedback on how exceptionally delicious the food was and how promptly all of our guests received their food. We had a seated dinner of over 260+ guests and we were amazed by how awesome and smoothly everything went. Holly and her team went above and beyond to provide an INCREDIBLE experience from beginning to end! Keep doing what you do Anne Marie's!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Margaret · Married on 07/14/2018

This was the best experience of the entire wedding process! Anne Marie's staff went above and beyond in so many ways! The staff was flexible with changes in our schedule. Many guests commented on the wonderful food and organized catering team. Though we thought we were only paying for food and the serving of that food, we received so much more. The staff was efficient, helpful and cheerful the entire evening! Can't say enough good things about this company!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Kim · Married on 02/24/2018

I’m in the food service industry from out of town so it was extremely important for me to find the best caterer I could for my daughter’s wedding. After a lot of research other than reading reviews I contacted Holly. From our first meeting through the wedding she was nothing but professional. And the food, service, and food was spectacular. And with Holly and Ann Marie’s in control of my daughter’s wedding, I was truly able to enjoy the wedding and not have to worry about anything. Thank you Holly and Ann Marie’s. You’re the best. Make sure to give them a call. You won’t go wrong.

Sent on 03/03/2018

Holly is awesome. We went to their location for lunch and it was great! Also recently had their catering at an event. Excellent service and great food.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2017

Anne Marie's is without a doubt an amazing vendor. Shawn went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. He even brought us drinks and ensured that my husband and I were both fed and happy. He was super easy to work with despite our many changes, deletions, additions, etc and he managed to keep track of it all. He was also priceless when we did the walkthrough at the venue. He asked questions we would have never thought to ask and made sure that us, and our day of coordinator (it was her first event at the McNay), were comfortable and that we all were on the same page. The food at the event was delicious. Everyone raved about the food and service. They have a restaurant and we plan on going there when we can because their food is exceptional.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Hannah · Married on 10/14/2017

Anne Marie's Catering was exceptional. Holly was amazing to work with and made the catering experience it effortless. The table settings looked great and the food was delicious. We had guests come up to my husband and I during our wedding dinner and asked where the food was from because it was that good! I highly recommend Anne Marie's Catering for any events you might have. You will be in good hands!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Tiffany · Married on 09/23/2017

Matt was very nice from the beginning of setting up the venue for my wedding renewals, to the day of. He was always available when I needed to talk to him on the phone or in person. I appreciate everything he did for me and my husband to make our day special. The venue looked beautiful and his staff did an amazing job. The food was delicious also and we were so happy to be able to take home the leftovers.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Bella · Married on 09/16/2017

Anne Marie's Catering was amazing, they practically did my whole wedding. From the ceremony chairs, table linens, bar setup, bartenders, china, glasses, cake cutting service, the list goes on y'all!! Holly was my point of contact and who I worked with the most. She was so supportive and understanding. She helps you sooooo much. If I had to suggest only one vendor I worked with throughout the whole wedding process to other brides it would be Anne Marie's Catering!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Sandy · Married on 08/26/2017

Working with Holly was like working with family! She was so easy to talk to and so knowledgeable about all the details we needed for my son's wedding! She made planning the menu and bar service totally effortless. And when Hurricane Harvey threatened on August 26th, Holly and her team showed up and provided delicious food and impeccable service throughout the evening. We are so thrilled that we chose Anne Marie's to cater this very special event, and we will never forget the friendship and support we received throughout the process. We highly recommend Anne Marie's and hope to be able to use them again in the future!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Anthony · Married on 07/27/2017

Ruben and his staff are true professionals. The food was superb and the service was exceptional. From top to bottom, this is a first-class organization. Holly is a tremendous asset to Ruben's team and I am eternally grateful to Anne Marie's for their contributions to my daughter's wedding. Thanks again for a truly magnificent experience.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Mark S. · Married on 07/08/2017

Anne Marie’s catered our daughter’s wedding and everything was exceptional. Our niece highly recommended them and referred us to them since they had catered her son’s wedding.

Our very first visit to Ann Marie’s was a tasting for 4 and we found the appetizers and food to be absolutely delicious. We were impressed from the very beginning and working with Shawn though the entire planning process was a pleasure. He handled everything promptly and efficiently for us. Every email, phone call or text was returned as soon as possible. If Shawn was out of office, he would notify us and another staff person would repond. When we had changes, additions or questions about the food, bar, linens or any services offered by them, it was never a problem.

Anne Marie’s served appetizers, entrees, and beverages for approximately 170 guests. The food was exceptional and Shawn and the staff were outstanding. They made sure all the guests were taken care of and they paid close attention to all the details so we had no worries. Any leftovers, including cake, was packed in pans and boxes. No cleanup involved for us. We could relax and enjoy ourselves. We also used the bar service which we were very pleased with. We had beer and wine only and it worked great. Many guests complimented us and the caterer for the outstanding food and service.

We highly recommend Anne Marie’s Catering and we appreciate each and everyone for making our daughter’s wedding a very special and stress free day.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Jan · Married on 07/01/2017

If you want to mininimize your stress and actuallly enjoy planning your wedding, Anne Marie's is your perfect partner, specifically Holly. We engaged the catering services of Anne Marie's several months before my daughter's wedding, so we knew we were in capable hands from the beginning. Despite the many alterations we made along the way, Holly was the rock on which we leaned throughout the process. Every email received prompt attention, and there was no question we asked that Holly regarded as frivolous or unimportant. She was able to address all of our concerns with patience and professionalism. Although we had several dietary needs that required attention, Holly handled all of our requests with graciousness. If we were stressed, she was calm. Every detail from food choices to linen selections to china options and serviing staff--everything was perfect. We highly recommend Anne Marie's, and, by the way, the food was delicious!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Leslie · Married on 06/16/2017

Planning a wedding from out of state has additional challenges however Holly made the process much less stressful than we had anticipated. From our initial meeting through the preliminary menu selection, the tasting and then the final details, Holly guided us with her experience and professional recommendations. She was a pleasure to work with and was always responsive to our questions, very creative and flexible with our wishes, collaborated with the other vendors and truly excited to share in our daughter’s vision. We had a sit-down dinner at the Kendall Plantation and the sheer elegance of the formal place settings established an exquisite atmosphere. The food was delicious beginning with the passed hors d’oeuvres, the Ancho smoked beef entrée received rave reviews, an assortment of scrumptious mini desserts and the Late-Night Snack/Brisket Taco Carving Station was a huge success! Anne Marie’s Catering staff was extraordinarily professional and very attentive throughout the entire event. Thank you, Holly and Anne Marie’s Catering for providing our daughter and son in law with such an amazing celebration that far surpassed all our expectations!

Sent on 07/06/2017
  • flora

Flor · Married on 05/06/2017

We're using Anne Marie's for our wedding in May, and we couldn't be more impressed so far. Matt is lightning-fast at responding to requests for info, and we were blown away by the quality of the food at our tasting. The rooms are lovely, and I like that everything is included in the packages they quote you, from table linens to centerpieces. I'll update my review once the wedding is done, but so far I am very happy with the level of service we've received.

We had our reception of about 100 in the Starcrest Room - only 90 people showed up, and it felt a bit snug, but there was still a perfect amount of distance between tables, etc. Our guests raved about the Barbeque plate - as we did, too - people who didn't even like Barbeque loved it. Service was excellent and attentive, and as the Bride and Groom we always had our own places set with food and drink. The decorating was perfect - understated and elegant, and Matt took it in stride when as a stressed bride the day of, I handed him a box with signs and other decorations which were placed throughout the room perfectly.

We had an open bar with a set limit, which we never reached, and were sent a check for the unused amount. Also, at the end of the night all of our leftovers were neatly packed, including our cake, and ready to take home. We ate for about a week thanks to this! I would definitely recommend Matt and Anne Marie's catering to anyone seeking a beautiful, elegant, affordable wedding reception with delicious food. I am a hard person to please in the food department, and I was blown away. Thanks Matt and Anne Marie's for making our day special!

Sent on 02/14/2017