Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park Reviews

102 | Annapolis, MD

102 Reviews for Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park

Emily Huie · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect Fall Wedding Venue

Paige and the Museum were so flexible working with us to make our schedule for the day work. They were super responsive, and honestly, we couldn't have gotten a better value for our money. We loved our wedding at the Annapolis Maritime Museum, and our guests kept telling us how fun they thought the venue was. We'd do it all over again!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thanks, Emily. Your praise means a lot because I know you've worked on many weddings! I hope our paths will cross again.

Laura Ratz · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect location

Beautiful location on the water. All of our guests really enjoyed it. The museum itself was also great for kids and adults who needed a break from the dance floor. Parking is offsite but super close and was not a hassle at all. There are tons of Airbnbs nearby, so many of our guests were able to walk.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Laura, thank you for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and Rohit and I wish you both all the best! I can't wait to see your photos!
  • Uche

Uche Akobundu · Married on 09/22/2019

Fantastic setting for a nautical wedding!

When my husband and I walked into the Annapolis Maritime Museum, we knew this was the place for us! It offered exactly what we were looking for and would be the perfect setting for our guests – the young and the not so young. From the gallery, the side yard, the main deck, and main event space to the wonderful view of the Bay - everyone would be sure to have a wonderful experience. And they did! We could not have had a more memorable day. What a lovely setting for a nautical wedding! We enjoyed working with Paige and her colleagues very much to plan and execute our special day. No question we asked was too simple or complex - all were answered in a professional and timely manner. Be sure to have your next event here! You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Brooke Huntley · Married on 09/21/2019

Unique gorgeous setting for such an unforgettable day!

The entire AMM staff especially Paige were amazing from start to finish! We were married on September 21st and she was kind enough to check in on the 24th to ensure we had a wonderful time! The setting couldn’t be more unique and amazing for pictures and the venue was perfect for our 90 person wedding! There is so much to experience at the venue you can do very little or can dress it up to be all your own!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Brooke, thank you so much for your sweet review. You wedding looked beautiful and I can't wait to see the full gallery of pictures. All the best to you and Andrew!

Danielle Wagner · Married on 09/20/2019

The Perfect Venue

Choosing the Annapolis Maritime Museum was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. The venue was absolutely perfect in every way. Paige was absolutely wonderful, very responsive to messages & worked with us to make everything easy & stress-free. Everyone raved about how special and different the site was for a wedding & it offered everything: indoor space, outdoor covered space & on the water, DOG FRIENDLY, all on a budget (which is all donated towards education at the museum, BTW - HUGE PERK). We lucked out & had the most absolute perfect weather. *Pictures by Jackalope Photography - go check her out, shes amazing

Sent on 01/03/2020

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thanks so much for your review. I appreciate you highlighting that our venue rentals support our Education programs, because we are very proud of that! I'm glad it means a lot to you and Chris, too.

Gina Mencarini · Married on 08/17/2019

could not be better

Beautiful setting and very accommodating, Paige was wonderful to plan with.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thanks, Gina, I appreciate it! Your wedding was so beautiful, I can't wait for the pictures!
  • Liza

Liza Mencarini · Married on 08/17/2019

Gorgeous and Unique Waterfront Venue

I can't recommend this venue enough! Everything was perfect - from the ceremony on the tented deck, to the cocktail hour in the side yard/museum, to the dinner and dancing in the bayroom. We had plenty of room for our 120 guests, and they all raved about how unique and beautiful the venue was. It's not your typical venue, it's better! AMM also provided the perfect backdrop for all of our photos. We did portraits on a sailboat docked at the museum and they turned out perfect, and the dock photos were gorgeous. Me and my bridal party arrived to the ceremony by boat and used the dock as the "aisle", and it was so much fun! The staff at AMM are amazing and so easy to work with. You won't regret booking AMM for your wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/03/2019

Perfect for Nautical Wedding!

We are so happy we booked this venue! It was SO spacious and perfect for an indoor/outdoor vibe. We had great weather and were really able to take advantage of the gorgeous views! The staff were so friendly and helpful too!!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Yay, thanks for the great review Natalie! I remember you lucked out with great weather. Happy one month anniversary!

Chris Bell · Married on 07/13/2019

The perfect reception venue

My husband and I used the Maritime museum for our wedding reception following our ceremony and we couldn't have been prouder to host our event there. The space was perfect for our size (145 guests) and honestly could have probably fit more. We rented couches for the deck space and large farm house tables for the bay room. The food was buffet style in the exhibit room which we didn't expect any guests to hang out in besides getting food but it turned out to be a great hang out spot for many guests and made the space much larger than we originally expected. All in all I fantastic spot to host a reception. Our send off was via water taxi on the dock and we recommend having guests enter venue via the entrance by the beach, and not utilize the main entrance. Paige, our event coordinator was fantastic to work with, we are so thankful to have hosted the reception there.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Hi Stacy and Chris - thank you so much for this fantastic review. I loved how you incorporated the lounge furniture on the deck, and all of your linen and decor choices were amazing! I'm so glad you chose AMM!
    All the best,
    Paige
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/05/2019

Excellent!

You can’t beat this venue and it’s view of the water! Paige is very professional and always willing to help however she can. Not to mention, the money that you spend here is used to help further educational programs about the Chesapeake Bay. Caitlyn was there the evening of our wedding and was very helpful during our event and answered any questions that we had as things came up. I couldn’t recommend this venue more and look forward to visiting as a married couple in the future!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Hannah · Married on 06/28/2019

Perfect waterfront venue

This venue was perfect for me Big Day! I always dreamed of my wedding being on the water and this venue was perfect! Paige was super helpful during the entire planning process all the way up to the day! I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Experience for An Annapolis Wedding

From the start, my husband and I knew that the Annapolis Maritime Museum was our dream location for our wedding. We loved the waterfront, deck, small yard area, gallery for the reception, and all of the other amenities. We wanted a venue that showed off the beauty of Annapolis and the culture surrounding the town, and we could not have picked a better location. The venue was amazing!! On top of all of that, our experience working with the event manager, Paige, was phenomenal. Paige is responsive, helpful, and extremely efficient. We lived out of state, so we were unable to meet Paige in person, but she responded to all of our e-mail questions as promptly as possible. She eased all of our worries and concerns, and made the experience the best day of our lives. If you choose to have your wedding at the Annapolis Maritime Museum, you will absolutely not regret your choice. It is an amazing venue.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Chelsea · Married on 06/07/2019

Beautiful & Unique Venue

My favorite part about our wedding was the venue. The AMM was perfect for us. We wanted a unique venue that was also waterfront but didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. We did the ceremony on the deck and then dinner and dancing inside. Our guests were free to enjoy both indoor and outdoor spaces the whole night. Paige and her team were very helpful throughout the whole process. We didn't even know we were going to have a helper on wedding day but Kate was super helpful getting us all down the aisle and coordinating the vendors. We loved that the rental came with exactly what we needed (the space and chairs) and gave us the freedom to choose our other vendors without much restriction. Definitely a little bit more DIY than some "wedding factory" venues that provide all the services but we were able to make our wedding unique and exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Alexandra · Married on 06/01/2019

naturally beautiful venue that captures Annapolis

We couldn't be more pleased with our experience with AMM. Paige is thoughtful, helpful, and INCREDIBLY responsive- she made me comfortable to ask any question that came to mind, no matter how small. The venue itself is beautiful and unique- our guests couldn't stop raving about what an awesome space it was. Having so many different sections of the museum allows you to be creative in how you would like the space to flow. Not to mention, the space is so naturally beautiful, it requires minimal decoration! We were inspired by the venue to make our wedding oyster-themed. We comfortably fit 140 guests although our caterer decided to break down two tables to make room for a bigger dance floor (since we had a band as well). Overall, we couldn't recommend this space enough!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Alex - thank you for the wonderful review, and for attaching photos! Laura's Focus Photography is going to make an album of your wedding photos for our Museum's docent desk, so your wedding is going to be famous! ;)
    Paige

Kate · Married on 05/05/2019

Wedding venue

Everyone at the museum was great! It was extremely easy to contact them any time we needed them and they were more than accommodating the week before the wedding! We had an absolutely amazing time at our wedding there and wish we could do it again!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kate! You were great to work with and I'm wishing all the best to you and Travis. Can't wait to see your pictures!!
    -Paige

Sarah · Married on 04/26/2019

Father of bride

Annapolis Maritime Museums was the perfect venue for my daughter’s wedding. Staff was friendly facility was just right Paige provided outstanding service. I would highly recommend having a wedding at the Annapolis Maritime Museum

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Sarah

sarah norman · Married on 04/26/2019

Perfect Venue for an Annapolis Wedding

As soon as my husband and I walked into AMM, we knew it was exactly where we wanted to get married. We both love the water and were looking for a venue with that nautical feel. To be able to get married on the deck, even in a rain storm, and still enjoy the water views through the tent windows and sounds of the water splashing underneath was amazing. All our guests loved the venue and we were so happy with how everything looked. We used the boat in the museum for some of our decorations and it looked perfect. The string lighting in the main reception room and under the tent is also very appealing. The venue is pretty much already decorated in the best nautical theme you could ask for.

We hired Paige as our day of coordinator and she took care of everything!! She was so responsive, organized and prepared. She reached out to my vendors to coordinate timelines with them. She helped us run through our rehearsal. She set up all of our DIY decor, held on to the marriage license and handed out tips and payments to vendors. At the end of the night, she packed up all the decor and gifts in my parents car. I highly recommend the Annapolis Maritime Museum and Paige!!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Mary

Mary Reft · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect location

What a beautiful reception we had at the Annapolis Maritime Museum! We started with cocktail hour on the patio. During cocktail hour, the bridal party arrived by boat! Then dinner and dancing were held indoors. People still talk about the unique choice of a venue, and what a perfect day it was!

Sent on 03/11/2020

Jennifer · Married on 03/30/2019

Great, cozy place with responsive staff

Place is adorable and doesn't need a ton of decorating. Paige was responsive to my questions, usually replying within a couple hours and rarely taking longer than 24 hours to reply. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Prompt communication is important to me, so thank you for recognizing that! I can't wait to see your pictures!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2019

Pagie Was The Best

I actually booked AMM before I even personally visited the venue, I saw pictures online and reviews and fell in love with AMM from afar (destination wedding). When we scheduled a walk through I once again fell in love. There is a great cocktail area in the museum itself where guests can sip, mingle and learn about the sealife surrounding them. I hired Paige as my day of coordinator, who is also the AMM event manager so that pair worked amazing since she knew the ins and outs of the venue. We had the flags and lights hanging from the ceiling and that created so much great detail for my nautical themed wedding. We have amazing pictures on the piers as well as in the venue itself. We used the pier to exit via water taxi which was so much fun! The venue was amazing and fit our number of people well with PLENTY of room to spare.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Peggy

Peggy · Married on 11/03/2018

Carlin and Kyle and the Osprey!

When Carlin and Kyle got engaged it was a no brainer that they would get married in Annapolis at the USNA Chapel... But where would the reception take place? After visiting many places that didn't fit their personalities or ballrooms that swallowed them up.. We found the Annapolis Maritime Museum! It was so unique and easy to make it reflect them and their theme. There were many reasons that the museum was the perfect fit but there were two museum treasures that made it the right choice!! The first was the Osprey we saw right when walking in (Kyle is an Osprey pilot and he said it was a sign!) and the second was Paige! She made everything so easy and we felt so comfortable in making all the decisions. She communicated with us even when she had to leave two months before the wedding for her own special delivery :) She left us the caring hands of Caitlin and our day of wedding planner said she could not have done it without Caitlin! We took advantage of the suggested list of vendors and were so happy we did! We found the perfect caterer that has worked many times with the museum and they made it so easy for us!!! We even had a raw bar flowing with oysters to pay tribute to the history of the museum! Our guests had a great time and thanked us for the gorgeous dock and views and we would be seeing those in their Chirstmas card photos!! The best man and ring bearer... Father and son had a blast being hands on with the boats! Pretty good when you can entertain everyone and dance the night away! If you are getting married in Annapolis it just seems right to take advantage of the charm the city has to offer! We would do it all again!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

I love the osprey story. It was truly meant to be! All the best to Carlin and Kyle, and thanks for choosing Annapolis Maritime Museum :)
  • Megan

Patrick Houst · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Venue in Annapolis

After looking at different venues in Annapolis, we went to the Annapolis Maritime Museum to meet with Paige, and our choice for a venue was clear. Paige was great to work with and even answered our questions while she was on leave which shows how much she cares about her clients. Our caterer had done many weddings at the museum which helped a great deal with planning/set up. We picked the venue also because of the ability to do an indoor/outdoor wedding and reception just in case it rained, the water views, and the uniqueness of the venue. We found that it took very little to decorate because of the museum's exhibits which was great for us. We fit 120 people comfortably in the Bay Room and still had a decent sized dance floor (we had a hard time envisioning that when we were planning). Our weather turned out to be great, and we were able to get great pictures on the docks. Our friends and family could not stop raving about our venue because it was so different than any wedding they had attended. If we had to do it over again - we would choose the Annapolis Maritime Museum without a doubt!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thank you Megan and Patrick! I was thinking of you guys on 11/2 because it was such beautiful weather and I was so glad! I loved the pictures.

Erin Bogan · Married on 10/21/2018

Enjoyable and Stress Free Experience

Not only is the Annapolis Maritime Museum a perfect location for any event... they staff is unapparelled in their commitment to their clients and go above and beyond to make the rental experience as smooth and stress free as possible!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thank you so much, Erin! We loved doing your event and look forward to another successful one in 2019!

Sarah · Married on 09/22/2018

We absolutely LOVED our experience at the Annapolis Maritime Museum. The staff was responsive, knowledgeable, flexible, and wonderful to work with. The venue it's self was perfect for our needs. We ended up with 125 people along with a dance floor and an 8 piece band and there was plenty of room for the reception. The ceremony was a little tight, but we also had our ceremony perpendicular to the Bay Room door which looks like cuts down on seat numbers. If you're looking for a unique waterfront venue that is affordable and close to other amenities, this is it!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Holly · Married on 09/08/2018

We had our wedding here recently and we could not have made a better choice for a venue! Not only is it beautiful on it’s own, but everyone involved at the museum made our day perfect!! Rain (which it did) or shine, it’s the perfect spot!! Paige was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park's reply:

Thanks so much Holly! I hate when it rains on our couples' big day, but I'm glad you made the best of it! That's the good thing about the museum; even if it rains there is plenty to see inside! :)