Anna Kim Photography Reviews

242 | Paia, HI

242 Reviews for Anna Kim Photography

• Mrs.ChanandlerBong

. · Getting married on 01/01/2025

Loved working with Anna for our wedding pictures. She was accommodating and professional and really puts you at ease. I had only communicated a few times with Anna prior to our wedding but I trusted her completely to take excellent pictures based on her reviews and previous pictures found online. She was so great that my best friend wants to hire her for engagement pictures! If at all possible my Husband and I would love to work with Anna again for an anniversary shoot. Thanks Anna!!!

Sent on 06/19/2017
  • Wendy

Wendy Xiao · Getting married on 03/03/2023

Absolute delight and THE BEST

Anna took our engagement photos in Maui and is not only enormously talented (just take a look at her portfolio or Instagram for incredibly breathtaking photos) but also an absolute joy to work with. She made my fiance and me feel so at ease -- like we were hanging out with a best friend -- since we were just chatting during the entire photo shoot. She captured the essence of us and made it so fun! She also went above and beyond in editing and sending WAY more photos than we could have ever imagined. Our friends and family continue to gush over the quality, variety, and beauty of her photos. I could go on and on, but seriously what are you waiting for... book her now!

Unrelated to her photography skills, she is also a big foodie, so if you want some local recommendations for food spots, hit her up!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Dr.

Dr. Pittman · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Beyond the lens.....

It's one thing to hire a photographer, but quite another to encounter a visionary! After having navigated three time zones and coasts for our 25th vow renewal ceremony in Maui, HI the premier services of Anna Kim Photography is exactly what we encountered!

Anna's ability to capture the journey of our love and make it tangibly present through portrait-like stills far exceeded my expectations! Although presently present and the exactness in which the vision was executed, it was her sensitivity and respectfulness towards the woman-bride that left an indelible mark upon my heart!

While the consummate professional she was funny and approachable simultaneously. It's the most fun I've ever had being photographed to perfection; it was effortless. The artistry of her techniques, keen eye and unrivaled professional demeanor, coupled with a beautiful genuine personality was quite refreshing!

Against a sun-drenched backdrop in Maui between two plumeria trees, God deeply sculpted and memorialized our untold story of love and triumph through the passionate lens of Anna Kim Photography. And the secure photo gallery link granted us easy access for viewing and sharing with family and friends. It was like "reliving" our very special day all over again; tears included!

I highly recommend Anna Kim Photography to any bride desiring to memorialize the tangible presence of their love. I believe it's Anna's ability to see beyond the mechanics of the lens and to capture the tangible presence of a couple's love that deems the experience priceless!
    Dr. Pittman

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Karen

Karen Howard · Married on 10/04/2020

Perfection. Simply put.

When I started to research photographers for our wedding, Anna Kim was undoubtedly our first choice. We decided to get married at the Four Seasons and were happy to find out she was the recommended photographer. Not only did she capture our day with artistic perfection, she was an absolute joy to work with. We felt comfortable and at ease as she gracefully led us through the day. I strongly recommend. If there were 10 stars, that's what I'd give.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Ann

Ann Sciambi · Married on 04/08/2020

A Truly Magical Experience Captured by Anna Kim

What do you call a magician that can capture the intangibles like love, joy, and tenderness while making you look beautiful in breathtaking landscapes? You call her Anna.
    My daughter does not think she is pretty and hates having her picture taken so she doesn’t. But she didn’t have a choice for her wedding, and it was important to find a photographer that could portray the real her. Since my daughter lives on Maui, we were able to meet with Anna over breakfast before the wedding. We learned of Anna’s passion for her craft and her genuine enthusiasm for her customers.
    The day of the wedding was gorgeous with the dusk, sunset, and moonlight setting all that anyone could have ask for. Anna was able to capture a truly magical experience of my daughter and her husband’s depth of feeling and emotions into a collection of stunning, jaw-dropping photos that showcased them in the best that Maui had to offer. We saw the first examples, the very next morning. My daughter seemed surprised at how “pretty” she looked, and I said it was because she was truly happy. When we finally got all the pictures, we had an incredible collection of shared memories of the people and activities of the day. This wonderfully ecstatic ending was created by Anna’s extraordinary talent immortalizing one of the most glorious days of our lives.
    In addition, Anna was very responsive to all our inquires, flexible about what customizing was wanted, timely about delivery, and provided an exceptional quality product beautiful packaged. I sincerely hope we have other opportunities to work with her in the future.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Wolfe · Married on 02/29/2020

Stunning wedding photography!

I did a ton of research before hiring a photographer and realized that all my favorite photos I was coming across were from Anna Kim Photography, so I knew we had to hire them for our wedding at Olowalu! This review is specifically for Jessica as she served as the lead photographer for our big day and we couldn't be happier with the results. We did a six hour photography package so were able to capture everything from our first look through the beginning of open dancing. Jessica was great about everything from helping pull together friends and family for our desired group shots to making sure that she got the lighting just right for my dream sunset photos.

The turnaround time was also relatively quick as we received our edited photos back in just under a month and the only hard part has been choosing our favorites from the nearly 1000 shots!

Sent on 04/28/2020
  • Mindy

Mindy · Married on 02/01/2020

Great Maui Photographer!

Before booking with Anna Kim photography, we reviewed a handful of photographers and their portfolios, but the recommendations and pricing offered by Anna Kim beat them all. Now, after our engagement photo session, we are absolutely in love with our photos. Amber was the Associate Photographer and captured some beautiful scenic shots (forest and beach settings) as well as candid and fun photos. I definitely recommend them and will most likely request them for our Wedding in 2020.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Mandy Labasan-Damo · Married on 12/21/2019

Impeccable photographer

I am still in awe with Anna Kim and her staff. Their energy is incredible! The week before our wedding we were crazy busy. Anna called me the week before our wedding and wanted to go over some details and get to know us. By the end of our conversation all my anxiety suddenly disappeared. She made us feel like we didn’t just hire a photographer but we also gained a friend :)!

Now let’s fast forward to the day of the wedding. Anna and her staff greeted my family and friends with endless hugs and smiles. We received numerous compliments about Anna and her staffs energy. They make you feel so confident with the way you look on your wedding day. I laughed so much on my wedding day thanks to Anna. They joke around with you and treat you like a friend. The smiles in our photos were 100% genuine thanks to their joyous personalities.

After the wedding I was exhausted!! We worked so hard that any energy we had left was dedicated to relaxing. I often joked around saying “I was so tired I barely remember anything”. We received our wedding album from Anna a couple weeks after our wedding. The details of our wedding have not gone unforeseen through her photography. I scrolled through our photos as if she was telling me a story about my wedding. Everything was so incredibly beautiful I felt like I was a princess in a fairy tale marrying my Prince Charming. I scroll through my wedding album in awe every single time. She captured me getting ready with my bridal party, my husband and his Entourage, our guests, the invitations, our rings, the flowers, dresses, cake cutting, first dances etc.... the list could go on forever.

From the very beginning I know Anna and her crew were rockstars. I keep thinking of ways how I could have her as a photographer one more time just be surrounded by her love and energy. I work in the wedding industry. I know how hard everyone works. I know the feeling of pouring your heart out into your work. I know how it feels to loose sleep because you’re going over every single detail of what is coming up. You can tell Anna takes lots of time and dedication into her work. I came into my wedding high expectations. The wedding industry is my lively hood. She exceeded my expectations! She left me beyond speechless in the best way possible when I received my wedding album. That’s saying a lot considering my husbands vows did say “When we were first starting to date I thought to myself.... wow is this girl ever going to stop talking”. Her passion shines through her photography. I applaud Anna and her crew for everything they do. Anna received a 100/10 in my book ❤️!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Deme

Garret Weishaar · Married on 11/09/2019

Breathtaking photos along with top tier service!!

All we can say is WOW! I am absolutely blown away with not only the photos taken by Anna Kim Photography but the experience provided as a whole. Anna and her team made me feel so beautiful and at ease on our wedding day. They helped things run smoothly and they were calm even when there were missing bouquets! Taking portraits was so enjoyable because of the fun we were having, it came so easy because of the directions from Anna. Reviewing our photos after our wedding was just the most entertaining and special gift. Anna captured our friends and family like never before. I have only happy and amazing memories from this special day because of the talent and professionalism from Anna and her team. All we can say is Mahalo!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Emily

Emily Torrez · Married on 11/04/2019

Book Anna Kim and you won't regret it!

Before my (now) husband and I even booked Four Seasons Maui as our venue or had anything for the wedding planned, we knew we wanted Anna Kim as our photographer. Her work is breathtaking and it was the exact style we wanted to capture our day. Thankfully, Anna Kim was a preferred vendor at Four Seasons and we were able to secure her for our wedding date.

In our Four Seasons package, we got 3 hours of photography and 50 images, but we knew it wouldn't be enough for us, so we originally added on 2 extra hours and budgeted to purchase all photos (which includes printing rights). A few weeks before the wedding, we were looking at our timeline and we knew we needed to add another hour just to make sure we wouldn't be rushed and we could capture every moment. Photography (and videography) were our number one priority and looking back, we are so glad we had Anna for 6 whole hours. In fact, Anna even brought a second shooter, Jessica, to help her capture all of the details.

About a week before the wedding, Anna and I connected on the phone just to make sure we were on the same page regarding the timeline and shot list. She was so sweet and easy-going....once again validating that we made the right choice.

On the day of the wedding, Anna and Jessica showed up early and immediately got to work. They were both so friendly and chill. Nothing was rushed and everything felt pretty natural. They offered some gentle guidance on posing, but it was pretty relaxed and everything just flowed. They also had a ton of great ideas on the fly that went above and beyond the shot list. Loved that! At times I forgot they were even there because they just blended in. That, or I had tunnel vision and it seemed like my husband and I were the only two people in the world that day.

They handled my family (some strong personalities in there) with ease and grace. We had about 40 people at our wedding, and a lot of them were bridal party and close family. They blazed through bridal party & family pictures so efficiently and quickly, which gave my husband and me tons of time for couple pictures on the beach. This was crucial for us since we didn't do a first look. They captured so many looks, played with different lighting, poses, angles....which gave us tons of options to pick from when the pictures came in. They also nailed the dramatic veil pictures (my favorite!).

Also, we got all 1100 of our pictures in UNDER TWO WEEKS. I repeat, UNDER TWO WEEKS. How is that even possible? They were all retouched and perfect too. We were shocked when we saw the email come in that our photos were ready. I assumed it would take months to get them since Anna and her team are always super busy and have a ton of weddings, family shoots, etc. going on. But no, two weeks. Looking back at the pictures, it brought back all of the feelings from wedding day--peace, relaxation, and joy. That. Is. Service. (JVN voice) Can you believe?

No doubt about it, Anna Kim is the best photographer on the island, and probably the world. She is worth every penny. Do whatever you need to book Anna Kim, you won't regret it!! I'm hoping to come back in a few years when we have family to do a family photo shoot :) THANK YOU ANNA & JESSICA!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime Blevins · Married on 10/16/2019

Fun, at ease, and would use her again

We used Anna Kim for our engagement photos when we came to Maui to check out our venue. She was helpful in putting us at ease, choosing my outfits, and while she had her photo spots picked out brought us to the surfboard wall which I was dying for. She also did our small wedding at Olowalu Plantation House. It was so great to have gotten to know her before the wedding and here more about her as a person. Its been incredible to watch her work on instagram and facebook and wouldn't hesitate to book her again if ever looking for a family shoot. She made us laugh and captured everything we could have wanted.

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Danica

Danica · Married on 10/11/2019

Dream wedding , dream photographer

We chose Anna as our photographer for our wedding day and our engagement shoot . She was absolutely phenomenal.

My husband and I , Our family, and friends are in complete awe about how beautiful our pictures came out . The lighting , the angles , the details of the shots , it was absolutely all so beautiful!! Every single photo looked and felt like it was from a wedding magazine. Our memories were forever captured in beautiful photos shot by Anna and her team .

We got to know her during our engagement session and our poses did not feel awkward at all because she would just converse with us throughout the whole time and it all felt so natural, as if we were hanging out with one of our close friends during a photoshoot. Anna also delivers very quickly, we got married September 2019 and got an album full of sneak peeks about 2 weeks later . Her style is also modern and our wedding photos truly looked like it was from a magazine !!!

Anna you are amazing and we are so glad we chose you to capture the wedding of our dreams . We truly appreciate your work from the bottom of our hearts .

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Tyson

Tyson Suehiro · Married on 09/21/2019

Exceeded Expectations!

We loved working with Anna Kim Photography for our wedding on Maui in September 2019. Anna’s associates, Tara and Nicole, were so kind and really easy to work with. We immediately felt comfortable with them and had a great time having them at our ceremony and reception. They put in a lot of hard work that day which included capturing our ceremony in the hot Maui sun as well as hopping on tables and ledges at our reception venue to get the perfect group photo with all our guests.

Anna Kim Photography were true professionals from start to finish. They were always available to answer any questions we had and kept us in the loop with updates and plans prior to, during and after the wedding. They made us feel comfortable and taken care for our big day.

Our photos were stunning and captured all the amazing moments of the night. We can’t thank Anna, Tara, and Nicole enough for their excellent work, superior service, and professionalism. We highly recommend Anna Kim Photography for your wedding in Hawaii.

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Tanya

Tanya Vo · Married on 09/01/2019

Extremely grateful for Anna's wonderful talents

Thrilled is probably not an adequate adjective to describe my feelings towards her photos. I just got back my wedding photos taken by Anna and her associate, Jessica, and I am over the moon! Anna has been professional, kind and super talented. She has been able to (magically) capture the most beautiful, emotional wedding moments in a non intrusive way. I usually hate all of my own photos and am super picky but I cannot fault these photos. I cannot recommend Anna Kim Photography enough.

Thank you so much, Anna!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Peterson · Married on 08/05/2019

Stunning!! Photos need to be in a magazine!

Wow!  More than I could have hoped for!  Their photos need to be magazines worldwide!!! I can't thank Anna's amazing team enough for capturing our wedding day!  My photos look like a fairytale!

I live in Atlanta, and I had less than 3 months to plan a wedding!  I didn't hire a wedding planner, so I really didn't know where to go to find the perfect photographer that fit my vision.  I found Anna Kim Photography on Instagram and I immediately knew after seeing her sunset photos that I had to hire her or someone from her team to capture my wedding.

To say I was a stressed bride is an understatement.  My dream had always been to have a beach wedding, and what do you know, Maui got hit with not one, but two hurricanes during my wedding/vacation at Mana Kai Maui/5Palms.  The morning of my wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and then right when I sat down in the makeup chair, the sky opened up and it was pouring down rain.  My beach wedding dreams were coming to a hault.  The rain just wouldn't stop.  I tried to play it cool but I was crying inside.

Jessica did her best to help distract me and ease my worries while the rain was pouring down. She helped soothe me and continued to tell me that the rain would stop, and it literally stopped just 3 minutes before showtime!  I got to have to have my beach wedding along with my gorgeous sunset photos that I had been so excited for!!

I can't thank her enough. The photos are absolutely stunning and are everything and more that I have ever wanted.  So many special moments captured that we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

Thank you so much for everything!  We miss Maui daily, and I'll be sure to hire Anna and her team again when we come back to celebrate a 1 year anniversary or another special occasion!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Ritz

Ritz · Married on 07/12/2019

Beautiful Photos

We had Jessica as our photographer for our small beach wedding ceremony. She was awesome and very chill. We booked her for 3 hours and she was able to take a whole lot of beautiful pictures. I just wished we had booked her for another hour so she could have taken some more at the reception. I was quoted within a month preview and 4 months to receive all photos but we got them all in 3 weeks!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2019

Wonderful photographer

Anna and her assistant were WONDERFUL! We both felt so at ease with them, like we had known them more than a few hours. Anna has such an amazing eye for photos I would never have seen! We cant wait to see all the final photos from the best day of our life!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Suzette

Suzette Chaparro · Married on 06/22/2019

Magical wedding pictures

I am so glad we chose Anna Kim Photography for our wedding in Maui. While her website boasts an amazing portfolio, your pictures will come out even more amazing! Her associate shooter Jessica, and Nicole were so easy to work with. They made us feel so comfortable almost immediately and were extremely professional. They new exactly how to work their way around a wedding. I didn't even have to ask them to take certain photos, they pretty much new exactly what to do every moment of our big day. They caught so many candid moments throughout the evening, and made our romantic pictures look so magical and effortless. I could not have asked for a better Photographer. We are so happy.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Brooke Eklund · Married on 02/11/2019

Anna Kim Photography is the best!

I cannot say enough about my amazing experience working with AnnaKimPhotography on my wedding day. I did not have a chance to meet Anna until the day of our wedding but I had only heard rave reviews from my wedding planner at the Four Season Wailea in Maui. We had the pleasure of working with Anna and Amber and the sunset photo session after the ceremony was professional, while so much fun at the same time! Our pictures turned out absolutely stunning. I cannot thank Anna enough for beautifully capturing our perfect day. I highly recommend AnnaKimPhotography to anyone.

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Amy

Amy Suh · Married on 01/22/2019

Anna was the best investment that we made on our wedding day!

When you are getting married and your on a budget the one area that you consider skimping is photography. Luckily we found Anna she was the best investment that we made. She is professional, energetic, personable and has an amazing eye. Her photos are better than we could have ever imagined and she made us and our entire family feel completely comfortable. The photos speak for themselves as she was able to capture the moment and the individual personality of every guest that she shot. She is the sweetest person you'll ever meet too. I just want to be her best friend and the fact that she's so good at photography is a major bonus.

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Thuy

Thuy Nguyen · Married on 01/19/2019

Best team to capture your special day!

We had Anna and Nicole for our small Maui wedding. From the moment we met they both were so friendly and professional. Having cameras around you can be an awkward and uncomfortable thing if you are not used to it, but Anna and Nicole made me feel more comfortable than I thought I would. The cherry on top of the whole experience was how fast we received our wedding photos! That was a true surprise as we were expecting a much longer turn around time. The photos are all beautiful and I have too many favorites to choose from. Highly recommend Anna Kim and her team to capture any occasion!

Sent on 02/09/2019

Mother Of The Bride · Married on 12/16/2018

Couldn't Have Been Any Better!

As a mother-of-the-bride, I’ll try and describe our experience with Anna Kim Photography. From our first encounter of requesting the fee schedule and date availability, to receiving our daughter’s wedding photographs today, it has been an absolute delight.
    After months of planning and the rush of the event, when the leftovers were eaten, the flowers discarded and the newlyweds gone, the letdown was palpable. The sudden emptiness felt almost as if the wedding had only been a crazy dream.
    Until today.
    Today, as I opened the photo file, it was like opening the sweet memories of a childhood Christmas. Not only do we have stunning photos of the bride and groom using God’s glorious elements of sunlight, clouds, trees, and shadows but we also have the captured moments of Grandma’s smile, the ring bearer’s grin, and Dad’s mischievous pinch of our daughter’s cheeks. The groom’s tender smile between the backs of father and daughter walking down the aisle toward him, nearly took my breath away. Every detail is beautifully and artistically recorded right down to the old typewriter and the fig-vine chandelier decor. Now, it feels real.
    Anna, Jessica, and Nicole, I cannot thank you enough! You answered every question quickly and with such kindness that I never felt I was a bother. Truly, you have made her wedding day a complete success. I am so very grateful.
    I highly recommend Anna Kim Photography. And when you receive your wedding photos, be sure and have a box of tissues nearby.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • MIchala

Michala Griffin · Married on 12/12/2018

You will love Anna’s work!

Anna was our photographer for our wedding on Maui & she captured the day perfectly. She worked and captured all the behind the scenes/getting ready shots as well as taking some stunning photos of our little boy.
    We had some specific photos we wanted and it was no trouble to Anna- extremely flexible & professional throughout. We highly recommend Anna & her team - we can’t wait to share the pics of our day with our family.

I promise that you won’t be disappointed if you book Anna.

Mahalo

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Christian

Christian Gregg · Married on 11/28/2018

World class service, superb pictures and great communication - very, very happy!

Anna is a great communicator. This really helps when you’re under pressure dealing with your wedding preparations. I can honestly say she provides a first class service and through easy communication we got more than what we could ever have expected. She really captured our special day! My advice: forget the rest, use the best!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Shamim · Married on 11/23/2018

Incredible!! The best!!!

Anna Kim and her assistant Phillip are the BEST!!! She’s so talented, fun, sweet, flexible, and artistic. I love her work and can’t wait to see our photos which I’m sure are incredible. I’m so honored she was a part of our special day and we even were lucky enough to get honeymoon photos in maui with the sunset! She went above and beyond and we couldn’t be happier! Thank you Anna for all you do!!! Thanks also for the recommendations on maui and Lanai!

Sent on 12/05/2018