Angel's View Wedding Chapel Reviews

158 Reviews for Angel's View Wedding Chapel

Tiffaney · Married on 11/22/2016

4.2
      3.0

The wedding venue was beautiful. Would recommend it.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/17/2014

4.2
      3.0

I got married here and the chapel and setting was beatiful. The salon and dressing room were onsite which was convenient. The hairdresser did a wonderful job and the minister told me beforhand what to expect during the ceremony which made me less nervous. Wonderful Service and friendly staff. You could choose the cost and get a quote so you dont go overbudget which was great and Angels view worked with me all the way. The pictures are expensive though but you can choose packages that are less expensive and you get 3 free pictures for rating them after the ceremony which was nice. Overall, a great place to get married with a gorgeous setting. The chapel has a huge window at the alter and overlooks the mountains and has a carriage and gazebo for outdoor pictures. Lots of photo opportunities!!

Sent on 07/04/2014

3.0

We got married here in December 2013 , my only disappointment was that our pictures were not the quality I had hoped for. The driveway is pretty scary when it's covered in ice ...maybe this season they will invest in salting it

Sent on 08/30/2014
  • Donna

Donna M. · Married on 07/09/2019

2.0

Most important—make sure they do not have another wedding scheduled in the hour after yours.

My wedding was at 2 and they scheduled another at 3. We went out to take pictures and while outside, someone went into our dressing rooms and threw all our things into 2 bags and left them near the back door. This was at 2:20. We had to change in the rest rooms by the kitchen. We were not treated well. It really ruined our time.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2017

3.2
      2.5
      3.5
      2.5

My now husband and I were married here May 24 just the two of us. The VIEW is outstanding and was a perfect background for our wedding. My only complaint would be the staff could have been more personable, helpful, and caring. I just felt like we were a number and were hurried along. They were not prepared as to what I wanted in my ceremony which was already preplaned and we had to wait for everything. They were like hold on I've gotta fix this....that was kinda frustrating. We were not advised until last minute that we had the option to tip the pastor for doing the ceremony. I really don't get that cause we had already paid plenty for us to get married. After ceremony/photos my husband went into the dressing room to help me undress and the staff didn't even say congrats or bye, we didn't even see them anymore. The place was vacant , we were like WOW! The only pleasant part was the hair stylist and Felicia (who was out sick with her child, which was understandable) who I originally booked our wedding with on the phone. She did meet us briefly when we got there on our wedding day and was super nice. I felt if Felicia was there with us during our ceremony, etc things would have been totally different. I wouldn't take anything for our wedding day and loved every minute of it with my husband. I guess people are not like that use to be and don't care, just the way I felt that day. Good luck if you chose this venue maybe you will have better luck.

Sent on 05/28/2017

Timothy and Amanda Wilburn,
    I am a little concerned with your review. But you are entitled to your opinion. We in anyway did not mean to make you feel this way. We are human. I am sorry that Fleshia had 2 sick children. Also, you did not have to tip the minister if you did not want to. That is completely up to each individual and his Porsche is about 20 years old. My photographer might have been a little stand offish because she lost her Nana and a good friend 3 days of each other. She did try to help you in the dressing room and your husband came in so she stepped out to give you all some privacy. I saw you leave because I was the one working on the pool below to try to get it fixed for our guests. Again, I am sorry you felt the way that you did. We do care about our brides and grooms and wish you all a very happy life. Again, sorry. Joyce owner/operator

Darlene · Married on 06/23/2018

2.4
      3.0

The Venue was beautiful. The salon experience was okay, except, when arriving I had to stand and wait with no place to sit. I was by myself, they were doing another wedding party. I felt secondary to the larger party, with no place to sit. They had boxes etc. scattered for their wedding on the chairs. The service provided at the salon was satisfactory, however, I did not feel special. The video and photos were not good! The sunshine was bright in the chapel and the color was not good in the photos. My dress was champagne, in some photos appeared white, our coloring was washed out. I was told that was not in their control, that this something they have no control of? I was told it is not the photographers job to adjust vests, which in one picture my husbands vests was pulled up. I gave up on the photos, as, I was more upset over the horrible video. In the video, we looked short and 200# heavier. We are average sized people. there was a blurred portion, audio was faint, hard to hear what was being said by us. The candle lighting part was so blurry due to the sunlight. After much going back an forth, we were refunded the cost of the awful video. I was going to share the video at a wedding celebration when we returned. That was not done, I and my husband did not want to share this, it was awful! Overall, I wish we had chosen another venue, as, we can not take the wedding day back. The excuses of photos and video were not acceptable.

Sent on 09/08/2018

Angel's View Wedding Chapel's reply:

We are sorry you felt the way that you did. We love sharing our mountain venue. However, we can not predict the sun or when it rains. I sent you compared pictures of a your champagne dress to a white. There is a huge difference if you look at them side by side; however not just by itself. I thought the video was fine. But again, we did refund for a service you received and got to keep.

Victoria · Married on 02/14/2015

1.4
      0.0

That day was amazing and Angel View Wedding Chapel made that day come true for me! It was beautiful there. The staff was amazing they made it all so easy!!! I couldn't have picked a better place. The cabin we stayed in was amazing we will be visiting again really soon!!! ??? the rating on this page is not doing right I am trying to give 5 stars for all!!!

Sent on 03/02/2015
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 05/09/2020

1.2

Wedding cancellation

Sadly my daughters engagement was called off by her ex fiancé .Although I immediately called them six and a half weeks before ceremony I was told no refund at all . I expected to loose a fair and customary fee but her ceremony was paid in full but i was told i would receive none of my money back . Back in May they did agree to reschedule due to covid shut downs . I even paid extra $500 for photography pictures . Six and half weeks ahead nothing returned back . They book multiple weddings back to back so my one hour time slot and 2 hours of photography cost me thousands of dollars . I wouldn’t reccomend this company to any bride to be . I feel robbed from these people

Sent on 09/04/2020

Kim,
    We are sorry that your daughter is experiencing this heartache over her wedding being called off. We are not able to offer a refund due to the fact the all vendors are paid in full once within 30 days of the wedding date. All vendors were paid in full by April 2nd for the original wedding date of May 2nd. We did allow you to reschedule the wedding when you contacted us on April 20th to push the wedding back, without normal rescheduling fees due to the Covid Shutdowns. The additional 2 hours of offsite photography that were added to the package in late May has not been paid for, as we still showed you having a balance due of $525 when we pulled your paperwork to cancel. We are not seeking this payment now since we did not make the additional payment to the photographer yet. We do understand that right now are trying times for any couples seeking to get married during Covid, and even more so for your daughter. We have always suggested on our wedding confirmations to look into wedding insurance as there are so many different obstacles and uncertainties when planning a destination wedding. We are a wedding venue that does multiple ceremonies a day, and therefor we do not charge $5,000-$15,000 just to rent our facility. We allow our couples to customize their own packages based on their specific needs and wants, from elopements to fully inclusive packages. Our goal is to ensure that our couples have the best day of their lives and memories to last them a lifetime. We are sorry that your daughter doesn't get to have that experience with us, but we do wish her the best in her future.