Angela Byrd Stylist Reviews

51 Reviews for Angela Byrd Stylist

Angela Byrd Stylist 1
Angela Byrd Stylist 2

bonnie hernandez · Married on 11/03/2018

The best in the Biz, SERIOUSLY OUTSTANDING Hairstylist!!!!

Angela was our AMAZING hairstylist for our daughters wedding in St Augustine this past November. She is incredibly skilled, as she styled NINE women with drop dead hairstyles in one small morning window of time, styles that lasted all evening and made us all look like beauty princesses. She showed no pressure, smiled and was great company, FABULOUS PERSONALITY! I want to tuck her in my pocket and keep her for all my special occasions! We brought a box loaded with hair accessories and she made sure all of us were glammed up perfectly. She worked in a tiny corner of a vintage house, made her tiny space work for her, no complaints. I don't even think she took a water break. She has the most talented hands for hair on the planet. If you are considering a hairstylist for your wedding in this area you CANNOT go wrong with Angela! She is seriously the best in the biz!

Beth · Married on 07/25/2018

Angela did an amazing job! I loved the fact that she came to me and I didn’t have to stress about going anywhere. She made us look and feel beautiful in every way! She was prepared with all the tools she needed for all hairstyles and she did an amazing job! We loved her!

Kim · Married on 04/15/2018

Angie came to my rescue big time. My best friend was supposed to do my hair but a week and a half before the wedding I started to get the feeling she was going to back out. I had been to see her previously for a hair cut and I loved her, so I e-mailed her and she said she was available if I needed her. Turns out, I did. With only 5 days notice, I booked her, she did a cut, color, and hair trial. I had so much fun at my hair trial - it was like hanging out with a friend, who just happens to be doing your hair. She tried a couple of different options, all were lovely, but she nailed it the first time. She came to me the day of (how convenient) and my hair turned out even better the day of the wedding. We were out on a boat for 2 hours during the ceremony and dancing another 4 hours after that and my hair still looked amazing. She even helped me with my fake eyelashes :) Angie is truly an artist - I will continue to use her for my everyday hair needs, plus any future fancy events!

Milana · Married on 12/16/2017

Absolutely amazing! She did exactly what I was looking for with no problems. My hair is impossible to curl and becomes flat super fast and I didn't want to hairspray the hell out of it. I told Angela all of these concerns and she was able to make the impossible happen. My hair piece stayed in the ENTIRE night (even through 5 hours of dancing and jumping), the curls remained in place and my hair was touchable and soft. She is a wonderful person and was even so flexible when my plans changed at the last minute. I really really appreciated it. I am going to go to her for my haircuts from now on..even though I don't even live in St. Augustine. She is definitely worth it.

Kate · Married on 09/16/2017

Angela did an amazing job!! She is very talented and a pleasure to work with!!

Christina · Married on 09/16/2017

I’ve had some bad experiences in the past with hair stylists by this was not the case with Angie!! I couldn’t have been more happy with the creativity and style of my updo. It was so beautiful and feminine and stayed put all night long. Thank you Angie!!

Angela Byrd Stylist 3
    Angela Byrd Stylist 4

Kara · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot say enough GREAT things about Angela! She did my sister's hair back in January for her wedding and I loved what she did for her and her daughters. When it came time to do my wedding hair I didn't even consider anyone else. I emailed her multiple times with multiple questions (destination wedding so I didn't get a practice session) and she was incredibly responsive, good-humored and never made me feel I was a bother. On the day of the wedding she showed up on time (actually a bit early!) and fully prepared. She did the most amazing job with my hair (and I warned her about its drawbacks!). She warm and fun and talented. I couldn't have been happier. I highly, highly recommend her! Thanks Angela!

Nichole · Married on 04/29/2017

Angela did such an amazing job for my wedding! She is so fun to be around and really listens to what you want. She did gorgeous updos for all of my bridesmaids, a perfect look for my mom, an updo for my mother in law, and a gorgeous blowout for my grandmother. Angela and Sarina worked great together, I was amazed by how quickly and efficiently they worked on the wedding day. We ran ahead of schedule and everyone looked GORGEOUS.

She also came out the night before the wedding to do a beachy updo for our Welcome dinner on the beach. I never do updo's and I was in love with the style she did for me!

Rachel · Married on 03/04/2017

Angie did my hair for me and for the majority of my wedding party this past weekend, along with Darlene! All I can say is WOW! I had the privilege of meeting Angie for the first time in June for my trial, and at that point I already knew that I made a fantastic choice with going with her. She makes the complicated wedding styles and updos look so easy! Not only is she talented, she is very sweet and pleasant to be with too! It's just the kind of energy that you want on your wedding day.

My entire bridal party and I were thrilled with what she and Darlene did! We highly recommend her! :)

Shannon · Married on 01/16/2017

Angie recently styled my hair for my wedding, as well as, our bridal party and did an amazing job! It was a destination wedding, so we did not test any looks prior to the day and I did not have anything specific in mind - she styled the perfect look for all (and it held throughout the whole day/evening)!! I highly recommend her!!

Trish · Married on 01/16/2017

My daughter was having a destination wedding in St. Augustine. We were only coming from the Orlando area, but didn't know any local vendors. Our first contact with Angela was a good one. She's very easy going, yet very professional...exactly what we were looking for. We talked to her several times before the wedding. She asked what styles we would like, and if we wanted to send photos in advance. If not, she would give some suggestions.
    The day of the wedding, she came to where we were staying, arriving on time. She styled the bride, bridal party, and two moms. Her calm personality added to the day going smoothly.
    Everyone was happy with her work.
    I would highly recommend Angela Byrd Stylist.

Erica · Married on 11/11/2016

Angela is amazing! I was unsure what I wanted my hair to look like on my wedding day. We scheduled 2 hair trials and she was extremely flexible. I absolutely loved my hair on our wedding day. She did all of my bridesmaids hair as well as my mom and mother in law. Everyone loved how their hair turned out. She is such a sweet and caring person. She seemed truly happy for my husband and I. I would most definitely recommend Angela to future brides ?

Summer · Married on 07/03/2016

Angela was just awesome! I got married on 4th of July weekend in St. Augustine. A pretty busy weekend, to say the least. My dad had arranged for her to come do my hair that day. I believe he only found her like a week, maybe 2 before the wedding. Not sure how my dad was able to pull that off, but I couldn't be happier with how it worked out. She came to my BnB room and did the hair for a couple girls in the bridal party and then me. We did not do a trial run or anything. I had sent her a couple pictures of what I was going for, and I had a decorative comb I wanted to incorporate, and she made it happen. Just stunning. She was just a joy to be around that day as well. Really great work. Highly recommend her!

Angie was FANTASTIC!!!! So easy going and laid back. She did a great job with everyone's hair - long hair, short hair, thin hair, thick hair. One of my bridesmaid's hair is notorious for falling flat and it held it's shape all night and it wasn't pressed against her head. Highly recommend!!!

Christine · Married on 05/14/2016

Angela was great! My hair came out great, my bridesmaids loved theirs too, and she is very fun and friendly to work with! Thanks again Angela :)

Stephanie · Married on 04/09/2016

Angela was so great to work with; she did wedding hairstyles for myself and all four of my bridesmaids. She met us at our hotel at 5:30 AM to style us for my morning wedding.... with a smile on her face! She has such a great eye; choosing flattering styles for each of my bridesmaids, and sticking with me until she was sure my hair was perfect. I really enjoyed working with her!

Michelle · Married on 03/12/2016

Angela was so great to work with! I was initially really sad when she told me she was booked for the day of my wedding and had a hard time getting ahold of many other hair vendors. Luckily, a few weeks later she told me her previous commitment got rescheduled and would be open for our date and I was so happy. I first met Angie at my hair trial and she was really easy to talk to. She asked me what I was looking for and we discussed the different options and she styled it beautifully. A few days before the wedding, my mom decided she wanted to have her hair done, so I emailed Angie asking if my mom could be fit in and Angie had no problems and came half an hour early the day of the wedding to get my mom in. Everyone's hair looked beautiful on the day of the wedding and it surprisingly managed to stay intact despite the humidity. Would recommend Angie to any bride!

Lauren · Married on 11/20/2015

Angela Byrd, you mean hair goddess? This woman is amazing!!!!!! I mean, I am a event planner so I am used to being on email throughout the day. Angela was more responsive and helpful then my own Day Of planner. A tanning person canceled the night before we were supposed to tan, within 15min she had someone lined up to come to our room. Besides being the most responsive, helpful person I hired throughout the whole wedding process, she does some outstanding hair too. All of my bridesmaids
    and myself were getting compliments throughout the evening.
    I highly recommend her, she is great, has a terrific business sense, therapeutic to talk too if need be and goes above and beyond.
    She even stayed and took pictures of the girls getting ready. Who else would do that?!

Kasey · Married on 11/15/2015

Talk about feeling fabulous! Angela worked her magic on myself, my bridesmaids, and my mom. We all asked for different hairstyles, and she delivered on each one! She also worked CRAZY FAST. So fast, in fact, that she offered to do a quick style for my mother-in--law and grandmother-in-law who had planned to only get their makeup done. Most importantly, Angela was a pleasure to spend the morning with! She made the "getting ready" process stress free and so much fun! I wish I lived in St. Augustine, so she could style my hair on a regular basis!

Angela was amazing! She did my hair along with my mother, my maid of honor, my bridesmaid and my daughters hair. Everyone looked beautiful. I would recommend Angela to any bride who wants to work with her. She has a fun personality and knows exactly what you are envisioning for your hair. Thank you Angie for making my day amazing!

Patricia · Married on 10/02/2015

Angela did the hair for my daughters wedding at the White Room. She was absolutely the best. All the girls looked amazing and she was able to accommodate 3 additional guests. The girls were all thrilled. She did a wonderful job!!! She also added to the excitement of the day. She spoiled us all and made our hair look great!

Danielle · Married on 07/24/2015

Angela was great to work with and made my hair look amazing for my wedding! It stayed nearly the entire 4 hour period in the hot sun! She was fun with personality and made me feel comfortable while doing my hair! I would highly recommend!

D · Married on 07/16/2015

Angie was great, I love her personality! I needed to make a change in plans and without skipping a beat she came to my mothers house to work on my hair and my bridal party. She styled our hair how we wanted it. Our hair style came out beautiful! I would not hesitate to recommend Angie!!!

Jessica · Married on 05/23/2015

Angie was so helpful and responsive. I really appreciated how she always emailed back by the next day. It really took the stress off of trying to find someone reliable long distance. Angie did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mom, and my hair for the day of the wedding. She is so friendly and is a great hair stylist. I am even traveling to St. Augustine to have my hair cut and colored because I liked her so much! Very happy with her service!

Tee · Married on 03/21/2015

Angela was a complete joy to work with! Going for a vintage updo, one glance of a partial picture and she knew exactly how to do my hair in the most beautiful way. I was floored with not only how great it looked, how comfortable it felt, but also how securely it stayed! I danced non-stop for 3 hours and my hair never fell out of place. By the way - her hairspray smells delicious, too!