Angel Food Catering Reviews

30 Reviews for Angel Food Catering

• Christina

Christina · Married on 08/03/2019

Excellent food and service

The team at Angel Food Catering did a phenomenal job with our food. They spent time with us to review all the details and were able to meet every request we had for appetizers, dinner, and desserts. Our guests all shared that the food was great and that they loved the presentation. The team worked quickly and offered great customer service to all our guests. They were not the least expensive option, but they definitely weren't the priciest, and it was completely worth it to have delicious food and great service that I never once worried about.

We also hired them for day of planning, which was one of the best decisions we made. They gave such careful attention to every detail. My family previously did catering, and my mom is very picky. She was so satisfied and so grateful to Judy and Erica for ensuring everything went smoothly and looked beautiful so that none of us had to worry about anything. They really organized a great team of vendors and went above and beyond. I can't say enough about this team for both catering and day of organizing! So grateful!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 11/17/2018

Affordable, Creative, and Delicious!

Our wedding venue referred us to Angel Food Catering and right off the bat there communication was the most prompt and informative we had experienced. The first consultation call really laid the groundwork for us to build on, the invoice was extremely detailed, the tasting opportunity was well worth it and all the food was phenomenal, and they stayed in communication with us and stuck to the timeline.
    We worked directly with Erica who works primarily on their wedding packages. Erica helped make our experience with Angel Food truly enjoyable. She helped coordinate rental items, set-up the purchase and delivery of alcohol and helped us customize a menu that fit our personalities and the season. She encouraged us to consider pot roast as one of our dinner options because it was “fall comfort food” and one of the best tasting dishes they offered. We were a little apprehensive because it is non-traditional and of course, we still getting calls and emails about how amazing it was! I have to say… Erica even helped me redesign our floorplan, consider cost savings and responded to every single email promptly.
    The staff on the day of the wedding were very friendly and professional. Everyone paid specific attention to us as the bride and groom, making sure we had time to snack, drink and then even made our dinner plates for us and delivered them to the table.
    I would truly recommend Angel Food Catering to anyone planning an event with Catering needs, not just other couples planning a wedding. They will make sure your day is a success and your guests leave well fed and happy!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Angel Food Catering's reply:

Hi Amber, Oh my goodness you and Kurt were absolutely phenomenal to work with. We feel so privileged to have served you, as well as your family and friends, on your special day. We truly appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much!

Miranda · Married on 09/16/2017

AFC was amazing for our wedding. We had an outdoor ceremony, and they not only provided our amazing food, but coordinated all of our rentals, did our cake and cupcakes (which were so tasty!), and provides our bartender. They were the only company we found for multiple services that provided a reasonable pricing to do both. Combining services made our day so much easier! They were very professional, and took so much pressure off me. Everything was delicious, they had tons of options, and their set up looked beautiful. They were a joy to work with and I would highly recommend them for your special day!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Angel Food Catering's reply:

Miranda,
    It was such and honor to serve you and Tom along with your family and friends on your special day. Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you.
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 08/05/2017

They were great and the food was amazing! I have heard nothing but great things about the food at the wedding. They are also so helpful in planning and answer questions and doing everything they can to save us money. I will definitely being using them again for any of my catering needs

Sent on 08/19/2017

Cheryl · Married on 05/20/2017

If you are looking for a vendor that will go above and beyond this is it. Not only was the food amazing ( we are still getting compliments about it), their staff is fantastic. From helping us pick the perfect menu to jumping in and helping us put side walls up in the tent in the pouring rain they were indispensable.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Taunya · Married on 03/04/2017

We can't say enough good things about our experience with Angel Food. We planned our wedding in less than 4 months, and if I hadn't told anyone that, I'm sure you couldn't tell. We owe that in large part to Angel Food. They were so organized and detail oriented that it all came together beautifully. Our guests had nothing but praise for the food and service, and Ericka & Becca did an amazing job with rehearsal & day of coordination.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Dennis · Married on 10/21/2016

We couldn't have been more pleased with the food and services provided by Angel Food. The food was scrumptious and received unanimous praise! The setup and cleanup were perfect, down to the smallest detail. The crew was very professional and courteous. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Elissa · Married on 10/21/2016

Angel Food went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding at the Belle Isle Casino. We used them for both catering and the day-of-coordinator package.

The food was delicious and we received so many compliments from guests on how great it was. We wanted to have a fall themed dinner and they really worked with us to plan a menu that fit with the theme. The servers were excellent and very prompt at clearing the tables after the dinner was over.

Without Erica coordinating our wedding, I'm not sure how it would have come together. She helped take the vision we had and turn it into a reality. I was a bit of a crazy bride and sent a number of e-mails with questions and wedding ideas. Erica was always so kind and quick to respond to all of them. Her and her team did such an amazing job setting everything up. It looked prettier than we ever could have imagined.

Every one of their employees that we talked to during the wedding planning process was so sweet and helpful. They took so much of the headache out of wedding planing. I really can't recommend Angel Food enough.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Kim · Married on 05/14/2016

Angel Food Catering catered my May 14, 2016 wedding. The catering was what I was most nervous about, and it turned out perfectly. I was so impressed by the food and how everything was executed smoothly.
    The tables were set beautifully, with the salads, water goblets, and small dressings on a plate. One of our guests actually took a picture of the way the table was set because it was just so pretty. The buffet (which I was nervous about in terms of how it would look) was also set up so nicely.
    The food was incredible! The salads were so fresh, and the poppy-seed dressing was amazing! The lemon chicken was so moist, and the mashed potatoes were delicious. The bread and homemade butter were also really, really good.
    Not only was the food delicious, but the buffet was so well organized. We couldn't believe that by the time we finished eating, all the tables had been served.
    People are still commenting about the cake (weeks after the wedding). Several people have told me it was the best wedding cake they've ever had.
    The service was unbelievable. I met Judy in person two times, and emailed her many, many times to go over the details of the wedding. She was so patient and came up with solutions for all of my concerns. The day-of staff was just as amazing. All were dressed professionally and had huge smiles on their faces. I would highly recommend Angel Food!

Sent on 06/21/2016
  • User5294607 · event on 06/20/2015

I had a wonderful catering experience. I heard many compliments from our guest throughout the party. The beautifully displayed entrees, prepared with garnishments including miniature iris, cabbage leaves and more. The presentation of the entrees, the menu, flowers, bottle display, the linens and more were elegant and lovely. The food was delicious.
    The set up servers were a joy to work with. The head set up server was complimentary and helpful. The whole event went as well, as I had hoped it would. Thanks to everyone@Angel Food Catering! I am thoroughly pleased and want to say thank you for the good experience.

Sent on 07/27/2015
  • User5192290 · 2+ years ago

We couldn't have been happier with Camille and Angel Food Catering! The food was delicious and the process couldn't have been easier. They responded quickly to emails and generally kept things running smoothly , which is wonderful at such a stressful (albeit happy) time.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Tom · Married on 06/06/2015

Angel Food was great!! They provided all food, rental, day-of coordination and more. They provided guidance, vendor recommendations, and were always available to answer our questions. They were flexible with our schedule, which, as a couple planning an out-of-town wedding (we do not live in Michigan), was an added challenge. We could not have been more impressed with their service, the quality of their food, and their staff! Thank you!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Patrice · event on 05/31/2015

I was so happy with Angels Catering. Everyone loved the food. The servers were very efficient and respectful and very professional and personable. Best of all.....no stress for me..
    I will definitely use this company again.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/30/2015

If you are looking for a caterer, I wouldn't use any other one but Angel Food. Even though we had a small reception of less than 50 people, they treated us like it was for 500 (unlike the other caterers we met with). They decorated a very boring hall so exquisitely that it looked like a completely different room. The food tasted absolutely amazing and everyone raved about it. One person even said they would use them for an anniversary gathering this fall. The Mocktini Bar was the biggest hit with the teen crowd. They kept chugging them to see who could drink the most. You absolutely should go with this caterer for your perfect day!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Pam · Married on 05/16/2015

The "over delivered" in terms of the quality of their service and food. Not a single detail was overlooked, and they addressed many details we would not have thought of. I would recommend them to anyone for any event, without reservation!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Nancy · Married on 04/11/2015

Occupational hazard makes me a person who expects and requires the best from vendors hired. When it came to my daughters wedding, you can only imagine what was expected. I can not say enough good things about the services and genuine personal attention my daughter and her now husband received from Angel Food Catering during the planning stages right through the last minute before the lights were turned off the night of the event. Angel Food Catering food and services were perfection in my book and I will be using them for any future personal and business events I plan.

Sent on 04/14/2015

Angel Food Catering is exceptional to work with! Their food was everything we wanted and more. Judy and Camile were very thorough and stayed on top of every detail until the reception concluded. I can honestly say from a Bride's perspective they made my planning easier and were a large part in making my wedding day truly more memorable than I ever imagined it would be.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Amy · Married on 07/21/2012

Amazing service and superb food as always. Judy, the wedding coordinator, was a pleasure to work with and took care of every last detail. I would highly recommend this catering company to any future bride. Don't waste your money on a county club's food or a hotel's offerings. They cannot touch this company's menu and quality.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Dana · Married on 06/18/2004

I love this catering company. By far the best deal for catering in the Ann Arbor area. It is a small company that is family run but they have years and years of experience. They can fit ANY budget. Very good pricing. Some things that stand out about the service is that they do a great job decorating the buffet line and really work with you to meet your budget.

Sent on 12/11/2007

Camille was extremely helpful and organized. When I told her we had a limited budget, she was understanding and helped me to cut costs. The food was wonderful, decorations were beautiful and the two ladies who set up and served went way above and beyond what I expected them to do! My husband and I were very pleased with our celebration and felt it was worth every penny that we spent. Angel Food allowed us to have a great time and enjoy our guests instead of tending to the food, and a million other details.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Joshua · Married on 03/21/2015

Angel Food did our wedding reception last March and they were fantastic from start to finish. We got to taste our food right on the first meeting and knew that they would be a great. We did a "breakfast" wedding reception, which is a little more out-of-the box, but Angel Food understood our vision and made it work. The food was incredible. All of our guests were commenting on the quality, taste and variety of the food. Everything was wonderful. They also presented everything very nicely and made sure that it fit our theme to a "t". My wife and I give Angel Food our highest recommendation. Book them now!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Angel Food was a great option for us—they were flexible with how we wanted to do things (we catered chikn and potatoes and invited guests to bring potluck sides). Most caterers (and reception halls, for that matter) would not have been so flexible.

They were responsive and always willing to give a new estimate when we changed things.

Food was DELICIOUS too. Guests definitely commented on how good it was!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2007

Food was wonderful and we received many compliments. The pizzas for the kids were a bigger hit with the adults! The staff was very helpful and even kept the candy buffet full, which was not part of their responsibility!

Sent on 10/04/2008

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2016

The entire Angel Food team was beyond amazing and worked so hard to ensure a flawless reception at our wedding. As a DIY bride, they were so helpful in aiding every step of the planning process beyond just the meal and were so willing and quick to answer any questions that I had in a timely manner. Everyone commented on how amazing the food was as well! I could not have imagined doing our wedding without them!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Angel Food did the catering for our wedding. We are SO happy this is the company we chose. I got compliments on the food from so many people! They were so helpful throughout the entire planning process, and were always willing to answer questions and make changes.

Sent on 11/03/2015