Andy's Taylor Rental Center Reviews

25 | Saint Augustine, FL

25 Reviews for Andy's Taylor Rental Center

Beth · Married on 09/30/2017

Taylor Rental was our first choice for chair rental at the Rustic Altar in St. Augustine for our September 2017 wedding. The entire hiring process was very easy-finding rentals that best fit our needs on their website, communication with Amy Fowdy in the office, signing the contract and sending the deposit. We were able to quickly make changes to the number of chairs we rented when our final number of guests confirmed for the wedding ceremony too. Our outdoor location survived flooding from Hurricane Matthew and downed trees from Hurricane Irma....only to be inundated with rain and wind from a Nor'easter on our wedding day. We moved the ceremony inside. Taylor Rental was gracious enough to cancel our chair rental (day-of) and refund our rental cost--our entire rental cost. The stress and disappointment of changing our ceremony venue on our wedding day was greatly tempered by the thoughtfulness and professionalism of Andy's Taylor Rental. We will never forget the spirit of generosity of this company and will certainly return to them for any future rental needs!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Thank you Beth!
    No one can control Mother Nature. Flexibility for an outdoor event is a must and you went with it. We are happy things worked out for your wedding day and we could play a part. I look forward to working with you in the future. Amy
  • Renae

Renae · Married on 01/07/2017

If you are looking to rent things for your wedding in St. Augustine, this is prefect one stop shop. They were personable and willing to accommodate to my last minute rental needs. They delivered on time so our wedding planners could start the set up process early. Quick quotes from their online website tool helped me decide exactly what I needed.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Andy's Taylor Rental Center's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you on your special day. Early deliveries are less stress for everyone.

Megan · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I rented tables, chairs, grills, etc. from Andy's Taylor Rental for our large outdoor rehearsal dinner. Unfortunately, Hurricane Matthew arrived that day. When we called to cancel the person on the phone was so helpful and understanding. They refunded all of our money in a timely manner. We were so impressed! This was NOT the experience we had with many of the other vendors we had hired that weekend. I highly recommend this business for their customer service and ethical business practice. We want to have another party in St. Augustine just so we can use them!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Andy's Taylor Rental Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Please let us know how we can be of service in future.

Jusdyna · Married on 12/12/2015

These guy were great. Worked with us on a last minute rental. Delivered and set up the tent in no time. Very professional.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Andy's Taylor Rental Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We strive each day to satisfy our customers.

Great people to work with! Amy was amazing and gave us so much information it put our minds at ease! Everything showed up in plenty of time and the guys who delivered our order were great. Everything looked beautiful and I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 12/24/2014

Maricel · Married on 02/14/2015

We went through Taylor rentals for chairs at our wedding ceremony and linens for our reception. We worked with Amy from start to finish and we were extremely happy with our experience. Amy met with us to help us come up with ideas for linen colors and layouts and help us pick out chairs. She offered us some great ideas to get us going down the right path, as we were not 100% sure what linen colors we were looking for. Taylor Rental was very easy and enjoyable to work with from start to finish! We would recommend them to anyone that needs to rent items for their wedding or other event!

Sent on 03/11/2015

Heather · Married on 10/12/2014

Taylor Rental was very prompt, courteous and professional. They left a locked trailer with our rented items at our venue the day before and then picked it up the morning after. The items including chairs, tables, glassware etc were all high quality. They even saved all of the decor that our 'helpful' guests had accidentally loaded in the trailer for us to pick up from them later that week.

Sent on 11/23/2014
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 11/01/2013

I booked tables and chairs from Andy's Taylor Rental for our wedding reception at a private beach house. I admit I was a little frazzled calling every few months to make sure my rentals were secure but I was reassured each time by staff. Rentals were delivered promptly Saturday morning as promised in the contract and picked up Monday morning before 10AM as requested. Tables and chairs were as described and in good condition so I have zero complaints regarding their service or products. Thankfully even though they are really the only game in town for rentals, it seemed to me that they don't take advantage of that position.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Rachelle · Married on 09/04/2011

Great communication, was able to match a quote we got from another vendor. Quick set up and great family company to work with:)

Sent on 06/10/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/06/2010

We got fantastic linens, dishes, and waiters for a wedding of 125 people for just over 800 dolllars. They were so flexible and affordable. They also delivered. This was such a great vendor and they helped us really stick to our budget.

Sent on 03/23/2010

Merav · Married on 12/16/2007

A wonderful company! Amy was very helpful and flexible!

Sent on 05/18/2008

Melissa · Married on 12/01/2006

My husband and I weren't too sure about what we needed, and we're still playing with the idea of an outside ceremony, and reception. We went into Taylor Rental, and they answered all of our questions, and gave us a realistic price on what it would all cost. In the end, we had our ceremony outside, and our reception inside. We needed them to pick up the chairs at a certain time from the park, and they did a great job. Calling to confirm the day before, everything was set up way early before any guest could arrive at 10am, and everything went smooth for the ceremony. For our reception, we also needed some stereo equipment, which they once again, had everything there with no problems, early, and picked it up with no problems as well. They we're very friendly, and helpful. Even though they could have made more money by trying to push us into the outside reception, they saw we really couldn't, and just were great with us. Highly recommend them for dependability, and great customer service.

Sent on 09/01/2008

Annita · Married on 11/16/2013

We rented tables, chairs and tent from Andy's Taylor's and were extremely pleased. They worked with us well, even when I had to change the order at the last minute, very professional and prompt. Strongly recommend this renta center.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Jennifer · Married on 02/17/2018

Very helpful staff and very accommodating.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Andy's Taylor Rental Center's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for your kind words. We strive every day to make your experience a pleasant one.

Cara · Married on 08/11/2012

Chairs were delivered the day before the wedding. We set them up and broke them down to avoid charges. Amy was very easy to work with especially when I kept changing my mind on what I wanted. Prices are very reasonable. The chairs were a little beat up looking but nothing too bad especially with white chairs.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2008

They were great. Brought us chairs to the beach!

Sent on 11/05/2008

Sussie · Married on 07/13/2008

We got everything we needed for our outdoor ceremony from Taylor Rental Center.They where very professional walked us through everything they could provide us and gave us a excellent deal.Everything from their customer service to dropping off and picking up rental equipment was flawless.Will definitely recommend them around.

Sent on 07/09/2009

Stephanie · Married on 01/23/2016

Andy's Taylor was a go-to rental company for our recent wedding in St. Augustine. Our venue, the Sanchez House, required us to bring outside vendors and highly recommended Andy's Taylor as being reliable. We looked to them to rent our chairs, tables, linens, tent, and heaters.

We arranged a meeting with Amy who assists with coordinating wedding rentals and she was such a blessing. She helped us understand how much of the various items we needed and what options were available. It definitely put our mind at ease. Amy shared with us how other couples had laid out the Sanchez House for weddings and worked to map out our wedding setup. She created a 3-D floor plan that was helpful for us and our other vendors to work with. I was concerned about the cold weather for our wedding, but Amy advised me that we could add on a tent and tent heater the week of the wedding if necessary. We did just that, because it actually lightly snowed in St. Augustine on our big day. Amy also recommended our wedding coordinator whom we absolutely loved.

Andy's Taylor staff was familiar with the venue and setup on Friday before the wedding on Saturday. We were able to use the rentals for the entirety of the weekend, which is a huge bonus since we had events Friday through Sunday at the Sanchez House. On the day of the wedding one of the outside heaters stopped functioning. Andy's didn't have a replacement available on our chilly day; however, they refunded the charge following our event.

Note that they charge an additional 3% for Credit Card payments. We just planned for payment in check, but it was a little inconvenient for payment. It is required that renters break down and stack chairs/tables as instructed or an extra fee is charged per item. Overall, I would recommend using Andy's Taylor Rental for your party needs.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Andy's Taylor Rental Center's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. You were a pleasure to work with and I glad you were happy with us. Best wishes for your future together!

Taylor Rentals did a great job! They were a little pricey, but every rental place is. They were very helpful.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Taylor Rental Center was great and really affordable. They answered all of my questions promptly and didn't try to upcharge me on anything. Everything was dropped off on time and picked up when I requested.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Maudie · Married on 05/02/2008

We rented Taylor Rental Center's china because it went well with some of the colors in our venue.I loved how easy it was to work with them and how understanding they where.We ended up misplacing a couple of sets and they where super lenient and didn't charge us that much.

Sent on 10/08/2009
  • mschlesi

Merav · Married on 12/16/2007

All of the equipment and whatnot that was rented arrived on time and in great condition. We did have some communication problems with the company, but for the most part we received good service.

Sent on 01/02/2008

Regina · Married on 01/14/2009

4.2

It was a pleasure to work with Taylor.They where really nice to deliver the equipment to our venue for a low price.They are very professional and it made the whole process a breeze.

Sent on 12/04/2009

Laney · Married on 08/14/2008

4.2

Taylor provided the tables and chairs that we so desperately needed.The chairs where very comfortable and went well with the height of the tables.I was a little worried about delivery but they found us and delivered on time.

Sent on 12/18/2009

K · Married on 10/21/2017

0.4
      0.5

STAY AWAY!!!! Please do not trust your big day to these people. Not only did they ruin ours, they are completely unapologetic and are horrible to deal with. I saw the other negative reviews and ignored them, but now I wish I hadn't. Hours before our start time, we had to make two different trips to the store to fix their mistakes. When I should have been taking my time getting ready and showering, I was outside sweating and hanging lights. As a result, I was almost an hour late, it was a nightmare. We spent $400 of our own money (not to mention our time) and they refuse to even credit us for what WE spent!! The absolute worst, please do yourself a favor and stay away!

Sent on 10/24/2017

K,
    In response to your review: It is never our goal or policy to disappoint a customer. Unfortunately, some time mistakes are made. We did notify you in advance (Thursday, Oct. 19th) of delivery for your Halloween Party on Oct. 21st that the lights originally listed on your order were in fact not the correct ones.
    The wrong selection was made by the computer operator/sales person who is new. The lights listed on the original contract were “Lights, String Bulb/Basket” and should have been “Lights, String Bistro LED 56’ ” We admitted there had been a mistake. Which means there was never any misrepresentation only a mistake. We did not have more in stock to give you or we would have.
    I personally went to 5 different stores and called other rental stores to try and remedy the situation, so you could get what you wanted. We purchased on your behalf 2 sets of lights for you to select from for your event. You chose to have the Edison Bulb lights installed. Which we installed, and you used for your party.
    We never wish to have an unhappy customer. Although you might not agree with our decision not to refund the “extra money you spent” on lighting you “did” use to light up your porch area, the rentals were signed for which means you accepted delivery of the replacement lights.
    We did refund the rental on the lights, provided you with replacement lights. We also removed the delivery fee as a goodwill gesture. The total refund given was $175.43.