Andy Pratt Professional Disc Jockey Reviews

15 Reviews for Andy Pratt Professional Disc Jockey

• Jaimee

Jay · Married on 10/26/2019

Absolutely the BEST

My now husband and I were absolutely blown away by the stellar service provided by Andy. Our venue set-up was slightly unusual, but Andy made tactful accommodations for a seamless reception. After the parent dances, Andy had everyone out on the dance floor and they stayed out on the dance floor until the very end—including several of our grandparents! Andy is charismatic, charming, and well-versed in his field. We would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Brooke · Married on 09/14/2018

Andy is absolutely amazing and helped make our experience perfect!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

John · Married on 09/09/2017

When having the Boom in the Room isn't quite enough, this is the guy you hire to bring the Thunder AND the Lightning. I've been dabbling in the wedding business for a long time. When it finally came time for me to host my own wedding and reception for my daughter, I only made one demand. Hire Andy Pratt for our DJ. Over the decades, I've had the opportunity to work with Andy dozens of times, and I've also seen many other DJ's ranging from excellent to pathetic and a few unfortunate times where they hooked up an iPod to the house PA system. I would say that you can find a cheaper DJ than Andy (notice I didn't say 'more affordable'). If you need to cut corners, cut on the flowers, centerpieces, limo, or whatever else. A great DJ keeps your party on track and brings the crowd to life! Andy only uses the very best in sound equipment and the latest in lighting effects. It's like a mini (sometimes not so mini) rock concert. As a Master of Ceremonies, few DJ's can impress like Andy can. He even helped the caterer put out favors to try to keep us on schedule. If there is one lesson I've learned during a couple thousand weddings is you don't EVER skimp on the DJ. Andy will always give you 100% effort to make your big day one that everyone will talk about for years to come.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Corie · Married on 06/25/2017

Andy was wonderful for our recent wedding. Music for prelude/processional/recessional was timed perfectly, and he was flexible with our music choices up until the very last minute. We made a great choice!

Sent on 07/10/2017
  • Karina

Karina · Married on 09/19/2015

Andy is simply AMAZING!!!
    He has one of the best costumer services I've ever had in my life. And his work?? OMG, he knows what he does and he does it so well!!! What a memorable wedding DJ Andy did! I strongly recommend and I guarantee you'll love it!

Sent on 10/06/2015

M · Married on 01/24/2015

DJ Andy Pratt brought the house down at our winter wedding in the Adirondacks. He killed it! I can't tell you how many guests we're saying that was the best music mix they have heard. Everyone had a blast. That dance floor was packed all night. Even friends and family members that never even put a pinky toe on the dance floor, couldn't help themselves. Everyone was out there shaking it. I don't know how Andy did it. Andy is an amazing talent. Andy was able to bring the fun, keep the energy high and mix up all of our favorite songs not only at the reception, but also during the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Andy has great timing with his music selection. Even the florists said how great Andy's music was all day while all of the vendors were setting up. Andy is just really top notch, so professional, so great to work with and so much fun. I can't say enough about how wonderful Andy is. He arrived early in the morning and had everything set up well in advance. Thank you making this bride's wedding music dreams come true. I always say the DJ has so much control over the mood and emotion of a wedding. I knew I could trust Andy to do a phenomenal job and he did. I would hire Andy all over again. Our dance floor was packed!

Sent on 05/10/2015
  • User3371997 · 2+ years ago

Andy is a true professional. He worked with our HUGE playlist and added his own picks for an unbelievable night of dancing! The dance floor was never empty.
    Thank you Andy for a truly unforgettable reception. Our guests are still raving about the night!!
    Leigh and Mat

Sent on 07/05/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2012

DJ Andy Pratt is the best! He arrives hours early to set up and make sure there are NO ISSUES! All of our details were reviewed ahead of time and we encountered NO ISSUES! Andy is the best and he created a FUN reception that all of our guests enjoyed! What a great reception!!!! Thank you, Andy!

Sent on 10/11/2012
  • User2720046 · 2+ years ago

When I think of DJ Andy I want to give him a big hug and then a high five haha - he was AMAZING. He was recommended to us by The Sagamore where we were married. We always wanted a DJ so that we could hear all types of music - and DJ Andy has everything...AND he is an amazing DJ. He literally made the night. I had specific enterance songs for the bridal party including a mix for my husband and I - I wasn't sure we could pull it off, but Andy mixed everything himself and it was epic. From the start, Andy went out of his way to explain things to us - he was professional, upfront and friendly. He took the time to ask questions and even talk to us about our honeymoon. Beyond his DJ services, we also did some party lighting which I would absolutely recommend. It totally played up the dancefloor and people were out there for hours. Andy knows how to read a crowd and that's huge. He played such a great variety. Even if you're not getting married in the Lake George area, hire DJ Andy he is literally the best wedding DJ we've ever met...we're from Boston and have attended many weddings. Thank you, Andy!!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Andy Pratt was AWESOME! There was not a minute of our reception that the dance floor was not packed! He was very interactive with the guests and easy to work with! Great time!!

Sent on 07/29/2012
  • *Ashley*

Ashley · Married on 06/27/2009

Easy to get ahold of and full of personality. Absolutely great at what he does.

Sent on 07/24/2009

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2012

DJ Andy Pratt was amazing. He was recommended to us by our aunt who works in the wedding business in the albany area and sees a lot of weddings. He lived up to all our expectation and far exceeded them. We had an outdoors out of town wedding. Andy arrived a day early to check out the site and started setting up the ceremony site hours before the ceremony to ensure his top notch equipment was working well (although none of this was expected of him by his contract). Many people, including our videographer said it was the best sound quality he'd heard, which we appreciated for our various readings etc.
    Then came the reception. Andy brought an unreal energy to the reception. He incorporated the songs we asked him to, actually gave us a CD of them at the end of the night. The dance floor was packed the entire night. What a great time. We'd absolutely recommend Andy to anyone looking for a professional DJ (he wore a great tux) who can really make the reception a fun one.

Sent on 05/31/2013
  • DianaMitchell

Diana · Married on 06/06/2010

3.0

I knew right away when we'd hired Andy that he would able to work a room and keep the party's energy up. He is incredibly talented, and has a great voice that he can match to any mood you're trying to set at your party. This was MONTHS before the wedding. We were so excited, we started working on our music request list right away, but Andy specifically told us not to give it to him so far in advance, because in his experience it would change many times over between then & the wedding. Sounded smart, so we held off.

The week before the wedding, We finalized everything & emailed it off to him. After having not heard from Andy after a few days, I checked in by phone, only to find out that he hadn't had internet access all week due to a bad storm. TOTAL fluke, I get it, but then why hadn't he called to check why he hadn't gotten anything from us? I understand the storm was out of his control, the followup was not.

The day before the wedding, he had promised to call if he had ANY questions while he was pulling together our songs (this was already way way too last minute for my comfort!), so I stayed tethered to my cellphone throughout our whole rehearsal dinner, just in case. We had all of our out of town guests there, family and friends that in many cases I hadn't seen in person in years. Many guests asked me why I was carrying a cell phone around, which of course then I had to explain it was in case my DJ called. Ok, fine. Not the end of the world, but I would have had much more fun not carrying it around while I was mingling all night, looking as if I didn't want to be at my own party.

After the rehearsal party had wound down it turned out that Andy had EMAILED ME questions even though I had stressed that I 'd needed him to pick up a phone because I wasn't going to be near a computer! I emailed him back with answers and just had to cross my fingers because by then it way, way too late at night to call, probably a little after midnight by the time I'd gotten to my email and written back a reply.

I woke up at 5am to drive to my hair appointment (too early to call), and then didn't stop moving up until the ceremony. Andy came running over during formal photos to tell me he didn't have some of the songs, I explained what they were and his response was "Oh, if I'd known it was THAT I could have found it." ... not super helpful just minutes before the ceremony when you're already at the venue! We picked a suitable substitute for the processional and triple checked that yes he had our 1st song all set (which he did!).

When it came time for the reception introductions, he didn't have everyone's name in the bridal party preset (we were a small-ish group, 12 total including parents, ringbearers, bridesmaids, groomsmen, bride & groom) and he just kept complaining that I hadn't filled out his form correctly - even though I had a copy with me, and in fact I absolutely HAD, spelled out by name, role in the wedding, and order for entrances. He quickly wrote down everyone's name again and the guests were none the wiser, but this lack of preparation just seemed so totally avoidable when it came to the last minute stress it had caused!

I WILL say that at the end of the day we had a GREAT party. Very possibly the best ever. Andy works VERY well on his feet and so far as the guests knew, everything was flawless - but of course I knew better and I would have much rathered if I could have just been a 100% happy bride all day! It's funny, our photographer only got two photos of Andy talking to me and in one you can TELL I'm annoyed and it was definitely one of the instances where I was being asked about last minute alternatives on the spot.

Sorry this review is mostly negatives, but that's the stuff that stuck out in my head from the day-of. I can't stress enough that NONE of the guests knew about any of this stuff!

Andy is thoroughly professional, incredibly talented, and had AMAZING sound and lighting systems. Worth every penny. I'd absolutely hire him again... I would just finalize my music a solid MONTH before, to leave plenty of followup time and no room for last minute "oops"!!! Get your music done in advance & follow up regularly until you are 100% comfortable that both you & Andy are all set!

~ Diana

Sent on 07/01/2010
  • Maggy

Maggy · Married on 08/30/2009

I really enjoyed working with Andy. He definitely got the vibe of our wedding and helped us kick it up a notch during the reception. He helped to get the party going, and keep it going strong for hours. While it was a little pricey, he was definitely worth the money. He also set up a secondary sound system outside for our ceremony and every person was able to hear our vows.

He only books one event per day so he was available to us all day prior to the wedding as well as playing music while my bridesmaids and I got ready on sight. Yeah Andy!

Sent on 09/15/2009

dominique · Married on 07/09/2011

2.8
      3.5
      3.0
      2.0
      2.5
      3.5

our decision to hire frank that works with dj andy pratt was based upon reviews. it was a destination wedding. the big day came, and my phone rang with not so great news. they couldn't open the reception form sent via email. we couldn't resend it because we were vacationing in NY and didn't know they didn't receive the form. why he waited to call me the day of, unacceptable. the dj had no clue on what songs we wanted or our first dance for that matter. so briefly i told frank, some disco, classic rock, etc. well, beyonce single ladies, and when we were introduced for the first time i told frank again, low key..nothing crazy.. it was what they play at a circus introducing an act. for how expensive it was, we were unhappy with the quality of professionalism..

Sent on 01/03/2012