Andy King Photography Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 22 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Amanda B. Married on 11/07/2020

Andy is the best at what he does!

Andy is the absolute best photographer, a true professional! He has been shooting our family for years. I’m so lucky to have had his expertise and experience photographing our wedding day. The photos turned out beautiful even with the crazy weather conditions we had to deal with that day.
    He has the best energy and positive attitude. Sometimes taking all those photos can get really boring but Andy keeps you entertained. I’m thrilled with the photos from our wedding! I highly recommend Andy King! Thank you for everything Andy!
    Jared J. Married on 11/02/2019

Highly recommend!

My wife and I hired Andy's studio for our wedding photos and we can't express how happy we are with the entire experience in working with him! He was unavailable to be our photographer on the day of but his photographer that he set us up with through his studio was fantastic! He listened to what we wanted and our expectations and had great suggestions. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
  • Devon
    Devon S. Married on 09/13/2019

The BEST Photographer You Will Find!

Words cannot express how much my husband and I LOVED working with Andy! We met with him before deciding to book (since you spend the whole day with this person and wanna make sure you like them) and we knew right away we wanted to go with Andy! He is so bubbly, creative, passionate, friendly, and, of course, talented! He communicated with us a lot leading up to the wedding so we could decide on a "First Look" spot that would work and he had so many beautiful suggestions it was hard to pick. Every time we spoke he sounded so excited to work with us as though we were the only clients he had for the year! He spent so much time and energy making sure we felt comfortable and excited about the big day and we appreciate it more than any review could convey.

On the day of, Andy and Heather (our second shooter) were so upbeat and just seemed to be having a lot of fun capturing all the silly and special moments of us getting ready. I can't emphasize that enough they just seemed to be enjoying every bit of the day as much as we were! They were constantly looking for and finding unique ways to capture things without putting us into inauthentic or overly-cheesy poses. The majority of our bridesmaids and groomsmen are unmarried but have each been in a handful of other weddings. Throughout the day they had all made some sort of comment about how if Andy is available when they get married, they've already found the photographer they want. The biggest compliment though came from my father-in-law though who is recently remarried and can be a liiiiiittle tough to please. He said his work was better than the photographer they used at their wedding and was truly blown away by Andy's personality, passion, and overall product.

And of course, the quality of the pictures we received is indescribable. He is truly talented and these pictures look like something straight out of magazines. We had our pictures so much quicker than we anticipated and we have SO many of them! We feel so lucky to have been able to work with Andy (and his team) and if he's available you need to look no further for a photographer! Andy is the best.
    Lynette C. Married on 07/13/2019

Outstanding!

Andy was very responsive to my initial inquiry, as well as ongoing communication. Our onsite consultation was thorough & fun! I would highly recommend Andy King!
    Johanna R. Married on 05/19/2019

Holy moly amazing!!

Where do I begin! Andy is just amazing from his personality, energy and of course his photography! He captured our engagement photos and our wedding and he exceeded our expectations! Pure talent!! Andy is someone you can trust with your once in a lifetime moments and you won’t be disappointed! I can’t wait for other special moments to be captured by Andy.
    Thank you so much for everything!
  • Daniel
    Daniel S. Married on 05/04/2019

The Photos Speak For Themselves

Andy's photos speak for themselves. The photographer was high on the priority list for our wedding. We did not want the standard cookie cutter photos. Andy truly fits the bill. He also has an engaging personality that will put you and your guests at ease. Andy's photos are amazing and we will cherish them for years to come. Do yourself a favor and consider hiring him.
    Ashley W. Married on 03/09/2019

Pictures are Back!

*****Here are 5 more stars for Andy King. I just received my pictures back from my wedding and I...and my whole family are ecstatic!

First off, on our initial meeting in Andy's studio, we brought our whole family with us to make sure we asked all the questions. He greeted us all with hugs, and an hour later we were all sold. For our engagement session we went out to the desert, brought a cooler along and had a great time. He was really into capturing us, how we are together. It's hard to put into words, but he got us.

We had two photographers for our wedding day. Andy and Heather. Heather was a perfect fit for us. Fun, friendly and her pictures were outstanding too. Everyone loved Andy. I was told over and over by guests that they loved him. We love him too. Thank you Andrew King!
    Chandler D. Married on 02/16/2019

Best photographer ever!

Andy King, owner and main photographer for King Photography, captured the most amazing photos at our wedding at Los Willows Wedding Estate (Feb 2019). He truly is the only person I know that can get my now husband to smile for photos. Andy's personality lights up the whole room and makes those he's shooting truly enjoy the process. Andy got every shot you can think of at our wedding, yet we barley noticed he was there! He is very creative and meticulous, pushing us to venture out of our comfort zone to take pictures, which ended up being our favorite photos. We got compliments after the wedding about "how amazing our photographer was". Our guests loved him, we loved him! Andy and his team will be our go-to photographers for any occasions to come. If you're looking for a photographer...DO NOT LOOK ANY FURTHER!!! Andy is your man! You will not be disappointed. Highly recommend king photography.
    Brian S. Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing photographer

I cannot say enough great things about Andy. He took our engagement and wedding photos. He was AMAZING to work with...funny, helpful, responsive, and outgoing. We really wanted a photographer we would be friends with as we were spending nearly 10 hours together on the most important day of our life...and he fit our needs perfectly. He has great ideas and got us to loosen up and have fun. He stayed all night till the lights came on. And we got our photos within a month! I'd hire him again for to take photos of anything.
  • Alicia
    Alicia Married on 10/14/2017
    Andy is absolutely amazing. He is a blast to work with and made engagement photos/wedding photos FUN to take. He is very responsive, easy to work with, hilarious, and his work is even better. Our wedding photos are not done yet, but we couldn't be happier with how engagement photos turned out. We know the wedding pics will be incredible as well. Andy is the only photographer we will use for family photos from now on!!!!!
    Emily Married on 07/06/2017
    Andy is great to work with. He puts everyone at ease and gets the perfect shots.
    Melanie Married on 12/16/2016
    Andy is phenomenal! My husband and I hired him to shoot our vow renewal/anniversary party. He had a great eye for the best shots, makes you feel comfortable in any situation and is hilarious. From the time he got to the venue to the time the party was over he didn't stop for a second. Our families and friends were very impressed with him and his level of professionalism.
    Kristi Married on 10/22/2016
    Our wedding planner (Courtney at After the Engagement) put us in touch with Andy for our wedding pictures. We are out of town so Andy was nice enough to have a skype meeting with us. We knew right away that we wanted to hire him! He is so fun and easy going! We are not the type of people that like to take pictures but Andy made it fun and our engagement pictures turned out SO good! He went the extra mile on our wedding day! I can't wait to see the photos!! I highly recommend Andy!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 04/15/2016
    We chose Andy King as our wedding photographer and he is absolutely amazing! We referred to him by a friend. From the time I contacted him I had a good feeling he would be a good choice for us. When we finally met him in person I knew right away we would book with him. We did a ton of research on many different photographers and while Andy's pictures stood out to us his personality and professionalism sealed the deal! He greeted us with hugs and talking to him was like we had known him for a long time. He had such great ideas based on what we told him we wanted and was willing to go the extra mile without charging us extra for every little add on. It is obvious he has a huge passion for what he does and the price for his work cannot be beat! He stuck to our budget and we could not get what we are getting through him from anyone else. I highly recommend Andy for all your wedding photography needs!!
    Keri Married on 10/10/2015
    One of the first decisions I made about my wedding was that I had to have Andy King for the photographer! He photographed a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in and I instantly knew that when my time came I would have to hire him no matter what! He is amazing to work with and I highly recommend him! I was getting complements all night about how awesome my photographer was, and I couldn't agree more! And then you get the pictures and want to stare at them 24/7 in amazement like i did!
    Christian Married on 04/10/2015
    Andy King not only captured the memories at our wedding, he helped create some. The level of his photographic talent is only part of the reason we loved having Andy has our wedding photographer. His personality was key for us to enjoy our day, and the planning that led up to it. Our engagement photo session consisted of 5 outfits, 5 locations, and 6 hours, and Andy was more than happy to oblige us.

On wedding day, he helped both of us relax and enjoy the moment, not to mention capturing stunning photos of the happiest day of our lives. While we would hire Andy again in a heartbeat, we're also happy to call him a friend now.

Brittney Married on 03/28/2015
    Andy King is the shit. He did our wedding, came all the way to Tahoe for a winter wedding and is a long time family friend. He takes amazing photos at a great price. We recently did a family shoot on the bay with him, times were hectic, at one point I cancelled on him, then asked him again to do the shoot and then even changed the time on him, he's just super cool and laid back. If you want a great photographer that shows up on time, takes great pics, gets them to you fast and has a good time while doing so, go with andy!!
    Ashley Married on 08/02/2014
    Andy King is the best around! I had already seen Andy photograph two of my friends weddings and knew he would be our photographer right away. He has a great eye to capture the best photos and has a wonderful ability to make the bride, groom, and anyone else feel totally comfortable. He is silly, laid back, but still professional. I would recommend Andy to anyone!
  • F
    Brittany Married on 04/26/2014
    Andy was awesome and is willing to help with whatever he can! Highly recommend him!
    Samantha Married on 06/19/2010
    Andy is AMAZING!!! I could not imagine having anybody else photograph our special day. He captured everything!
    Hilda Married on 07/26/2009
    Andy King was amazing at our wedding. All the pictures he took turned out great and he was definitely within our price range. I'd consider booking him soon because he definitely is up-and-coming. Look out because I havce a feeling he may be big one day.
  • Sally
    Sally Married on 05/16/2009
    Having Andy take our wedding photos was a dream come true! He captured the fun, romance and beauty of our wonderful day. We have been married for 9 months now and I still love to look at them over and over. He is so much fun to have as such a huge part of the day and interacts with all the guests and wedding party so well. His work is beautiful and I recommend him again and again!