ANDREW BLAKE BAND Reviews

ANDREW BLAKE BAND 7
  • Clint

Clint Colborn · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Talented, Professional, Amazing Show

I have been fortunate to work with Andrew Blake several times a year over the past 8 years. He has always done an amazing job, professional, and focused on doing the absolute best job possible. Truely understands how to connect with his customers, and provide a highly energetic and entertaining experience.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Ben Breit · Married on 10/05/2019

Fantastic band

Andrew and his band absolutely crushed our wedding. We got more compliments on the band than on any other aspect of the day, specifically with regards to what a great singer Andrew is. He and his team are very talented at finding the right rhythm to get people out on the dance floor and keep them there. The horns players even came out to the dance floor as things got rocking which was so engaging for our guests. We feel lucky to have landed Andrew and would recommend him strongly to anyone.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Sara

Sara Horgash · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazingly awesome

The Andrew Blake Band ROCKED out at our wedding! Weeks later, our family & friends are still raving about how amazing they are. They were the highlight of our wedding day! I am truly SO grateful for Andrew & all of the amazing, talented band members. It wouldn’t have been as awesome without them.

We requested that Andrew perform our first dance live, “Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler” from the Wedding Singer and boy did he deliver!! His song had us in tears. It was phenomenal.

I strongly urge engaged couples looking for a wedding band to book them, and book them fast! So much enthusiasm and TALENT! Truly blessed to have had such a great experience. We wish we could relive it all over again! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Jack Gardner · Married on 07/13/2019

Phenomenal!

Working with the Andrew Blake Band was a great experience! From the beginning, we felt as though he communicated clearly and very quickly. He was able to honor our vision that we had for the music from the beginning, which was very important to us - we're both musicians ourselves and can be picky. One thing that set the band above the rest is how well they handled the best man and me sitting in to play two songs. The performance went really well and we were very impressed! The band itself the night of the wedding was phenomenal, and we’ve gotten more compliments on the band than on any other vendor. Overall, their musicianship, professionalism and energy blew us away. They were incredibly tight, and we would recommend them to anybody. Working with Andrew and the band was a great experience!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Josh

Josh Morrel · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely what we wanted!!

Andrew Blake Band was FANTASTIC and EVERYTHING we good have asked for. On time, kind, easy to work with and lots of energy and connected with our guests at the reception! Highly recommend them!

• Tracey

Tracey Moskowitz · Married on 07/06/2019

Party Time!!

This band's energy, male and female vocals, and amazing sound really made the dance floor packed! You want this band at your wedding!! Andrew Blake Band played all of my requests, kept me informed before and during the wedding and was so engaging and nice the entire night. Way to go!

Sarah D. · Married on 06/15/2019

Best wedding band in Chicago

We had a beautiful wedding at the Londonhouse Hotel in Chicago and hired the Andrew Blake Band after my parents had seen them at a wedding they attended the previous year. My husband and I love to dance so having a great band was very important to us! I did not see the band perform beforehand so I did not know what to expect, but hands down, one of the best decisions we made when planning our special day! The band was outstanding! We had our guests on the dance floor the entire evening!!! Throughout the night, our guests kept coming up to us to compliment our band choice....our guests were even talking about the band weeks after the wedding. We have already had multiple friends and family inquire about their services. The videos online of this band do not do them justice. One of the best wedding bands in the Chicago area!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Jables

Jenny · Married on 05/04/2019

Hire them now!

I don’t know where to begin as Andrew Blake and the Andrew Blake Band truly made our wedding! We knew we wanted live music and it was a priority to us to budget for a band. When we found Andrew Blake Band it was more affordable than we thought and worth every penny!

We were blown away by their talent and almost two months later every one keeps telling us we had the most fun and best wedding ever! While all of our vendors were amazing, the Andrew Blake Band took our night to an entirely different level! They had my uncle not only dancing but asking others to dance with him. Trust me, that says A LOT!

Andrew Blake was so great to work with. My husband initially found them and was the main one to coordinate with Andrew. He was always very friendly and got back to my husband quickly. He’s extremely helpful and the day of they all arrived early the day of the wedding. Everything was set up and sound check completed prior to any guests arriving. Andrew Blake MC’d the reception and is extremely professional and likable while keeping the night moving along at a proper pace.

I am trying to find any excuse I can to hire them again in the future. Do yourself a favor and higher them immediately! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 8
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 9
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 10
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 11
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 12
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 13

ANDREW BLAKE BAND's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review Jenny, and thank you for sharing these photos! We would love to perform for your family and friends again. You guys are a class act! 5.0 star couple all the way!

Kate Finzer · Married on 03/30/2019

Fantastic!

We can't thank the Andrew Blake Band enough! We had an incredible wedding night and had so much fun dancing the night away. We had countless guests come up to us saying how awesome the band was. Everyone LOVED them!

Thank you, Andrew Blake, for making our wedding night so special!

Sent on 04/07/2019

morgan · Married on 10/27/2018

AMAZING!! Couldn’t of wish for a better experience

Andrew and his band were beyond amazing at our wedding. Not only did they make the whole process of the ceremony and reception so much easier. They walked us threw all our options what was the best fit for what we wanted. Even offered his piano player to stay for the reception for no cost since he played for our ceremony’s. Andrew not only made the day/night of our wedding amazing but offered insight on the whole planning process. We still have wedding guest talk about how amazing they were and how great they sounded. You cannot find a better band and someone more amazing to work with. They even did a special entrance for our daughter and she still tells everyone about it. Andrew and his crew truly treat your wedding like there own and go above and beyond for you.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Amy · Married on 09/01/2018

We couldn't be happier with the Andrew Blake Band and how special they made our wedding reception. I got so many compliments on how it was the best reception ever and that is largely due to the Andrew Blake Band. They were so easy to work with prior to the wedding as well as the day of. Andrew did a fantastic job of keeping the entire night on schedule and was a great MC. The dinner music was perfect and lighting beautiful. The band couldn't have been more fun! It was super special when the horn section played in the crowd on the dance floor. Worth every penny. Don't hesitate... book the Andrew Blake Band!!!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Matt · Married on 08/25/2018

You must hire Andrew Blake Band for your wedding! We had the absolute pleasure of having Andrew Blake Band play at our wedding this past Saturday. From the moment I emailed Andrew, I was very impressed with his professionalism and passion for music. We went to see one of ABB's shows, and we were sold within the first 5 minutes. Andrew personally was so easy to work with; he included planning forms that made it so simple to plan an awesome wedding! When the day finally arrived, Andrew and his band kept almost ALL 260 of our guests on the dance floor all night. From our entire group of friends, or parents friends, our families (including 90+ year olds); all were having a great time. Any time we walked by guests, they RAVED about Andrew Blake Band. ABB made our wedding the best wedding that many of our guests have ever been to! We are so so happy to have had the pleasure to work with Andrew Blake Band and we look forward to seeing some more of their shows in the future as a married couple. Thanks Andrew Blake Band!

Sent on 08/27/2018

gene · Married on 07/07/2018

Andrew Blake band was the bomb! Lots of high energy, vocals were superb, and the horns were phenomenal. Andrew himself was a pleasure to deal with and very interested in making the entire event exactly what the bride and groom wanted. Cheers to Andrew Blake band.

Sent on 08/22/2018

S L · Married on 07/07/2018

Danced all night!

We enlisted our parents to check out a bunch of bands and they came back saying Andrew Blake Band and the Wow Factor stood out by far.

Andrew Blake was extremely communicative from the our initial meeting and right through to the end of our actual event. Not only was he and his band punctual, professional and friendly, they are all talented musicians!

Andrew Blake Band and the Wow Factor definitely went the extra mile for us, our family was so impressed and happy that my sister in law had them play at her wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Shelley M · Married on 07/07/2018

Couldn't have been better!

What a band! So many talented musicians! My husband and I couldn’t have been happier with our choice to have the Andrew Blake Band be a part of our wedding celebration. Our dance floor was always full of people and they brought so much energy and liveliness to our special day. He was always professional and communicative throughout the entire planning process and we would certainly recommend them!

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2018

Andrew Blake and his band were absolutely amazing! They helped to fill our dance floor all night and create seamless transitions between portions of our reception. I cannot imagine a more professional or talented band for our wedding!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Todd · Married on 06/16/2018

The Andrew Blake Band played our wedding on June 16, 2018, this was the BEST decision that we made in planning our wedding. The Band came in and blew our guests away! EVERYONE that attended commented on the excellence of the band and the fun that was had. They had our entire reception on the dance floor for the entire night. We paid for the brass section and it didn't disappoint. What a talented group of musicians! This band was worth every penny and I will hire them again in the future for any other event that may come up (Corporate event, Private party). Andrew was incredibly helpful with use of his Audio/Visual equipment, and he also did an amazing job as our MC and host. Andrew even had the band learn our song and allowed me to come on stage and sing to my bride, INCREDIBLE! When I originally asked if it would be possible, he encouraged me and mentioned that if I had any other talented folks who would like to do a number with the band, he would be happy to accomodate. Definitely, a one of a kind experience. The YouTube videos don't do the Andrew Blake Band justice. I highly recommend this band. I know this review sounds like I'm related, alas, but no. I will give Andrew permission to use my name and number as a reference if you would like to discuss this further.

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • Benjamin

Benjamin Domash · Married on 05/18/2018

Best Band We Could Ever Dream Of For Our Wedding!

I can hardly begin to describe how happy we are that we had The Andrew Blake Band play at our Wedding at The Armour House! They played absolutely beautifully on the piano and the violin at the ceremony and when we transitioned to the reception the totally ran the show and had everyone dancing and moving to the music all night long!

The band was moving and grooving to the music and they were so lively and energetic, everyone loved them! They even came out onto the dance floor with their instruments to play and dance in the crowd it was so fun! I think they were having as much fun as we were :)

Almost everyone came up to us to ask where we found the band and we are happy to recommend the Andrew Blake Band to anyone who is looking for a fantastic band to bring their event to life! Andrew and his band were so easy to work with and they were very accommodating to all of our needs and requests.

Thanks so much Andrew Blake Band, we can't wait to hear you all play again at more of our friend's weddings soon!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Ariel · Married on 03/16/2018

The Andrew Blake Band is amazing, and we are so thankful for the amazing work they did at our wedding. They helped create a magical night for us and all our guests. Andrew was a huge support the day of our wedding ensuring that we would successfully be able to pull off our surprise wedding, we couldn't have done this without him! We received so many compliments on the band throughout the night and the days following our wedding. Almost every single guest told us how amazing you guys were. They had our guests dancing all night! They played all our requested songs and just pulled off our whole affair so well. I highly recommend this band for any event! They really know how to get a party going!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Shawna · Married on 02/24/2018

Hi Andrew,
    It has been a couple of weeks since our February 24th wedding and I can not thank you and your band enough for such an amazing night! As a bride, you worry that you will spend too much time worrying about details and not enough time enjoying your own party. As a music fan, you worry about cheesy wedding songs and obnoxious DJ’s. Well, neither of these two were the case!!! I had a blast the entire evening and you and your band had everything to do with that. The band sounded amazing and had an overall professional and fun presence. Our guests still can’t stop talking about how much they loved you guys. You truly made our reception a very special evening that will be remembered for years to come which is what every couple hopes for when they decide to have that extra something that a live band brings to a wedding. I also want to thank you for your song choices. I was a little worried in my own selection of songs, concerned that I was leaving people out. I was so happy to see many of my aunts and uncles out dancing to songs I would not have thought of, but it just goes to show that if you trust professionals to do their craft it will all work out. The horns rocked and added a great touch as did your female vocalist! I appreciate the way you helped us get from start to finish seamlessly. The crowd also loved having our young friend sit in on the drums so I thank you for that as well as it added a special touch to the evening.
    I imagine being in the "Wedding business" can be difficult but you truly made it such a special evening for us.

Shawna and Jake

Sent on 03/19/2018
    ANDREW BLAKE BAND 14

Shawna · Married on 02/24/2018

It has been a week since our February 24th wedding at The Pavilion in Rockton and I can not thank you enough for such an amazing night!  As a bride, you worry that you will spend too much time worrying about details and not enjoying yourself at your own event and I can say, that is NOT the case here. I had a blast the entire evening and your band had much to do with that.  The band sounded awesome and had such a great presence. Our guests still can not stop talking about how much they loved you guys. You truly made our reception a very special evening that will be remembered for years to come which is what every couple hopes for. I also want to thank you for your song choices. I was a little worried in my selection of songs, concerned that I was leaving people out. I was so happy to see many of my aunts and uncles out dancing to songs I would not have thought of, but it just goes to show that if you trust professionals to do their craft it will all work out. The horns rocked and added a great touch as did your female vocalist! I new you would be great and thank you for being such a professional MC. I appreciate the way you helped us get from start to finish seamlessly. The crowd also loved having Vaughn sit in on drums so I thank you for that as well as it added a special touch to the evening.
    I imagine being in the "Wedding business" can be difficult but you truly made it such a special evening for us and again, Jake and I can not thank you enough.

Shawna and Jake Truty

Sent on 03/26/2018

Jeff · Married on 10/08/2016

We recently had the Andrew Blake Band perform at our wedding, with a total of 10 band members and they were worth every penny. We chose songs from their lengthy repertoire list, and they put together a set list that appealed to both young and old guests, keeping the dance floor full the entire night. So many of our guests complimented us on the band and they completely exceeded our expectations. Andrew and his band were professional, easy to work with and added that special touch to our wedding day that a DJ could not have achieved. Andrew added distinct personal touches during our introductions, making announcements, during our first dance, and keeping the night flowing well. I would recommend the Andrew Blake Band to anyone who is looking to have an incredible party with great music, a full dance floor and happy guests.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Jason · Married on 06/25/2016

When it came to wedding planning the first thing my wife and I wanted was an amazing band that would knock all of our guests socks off and boy did we find that with The Andrew Blake Band. We did a lot of research, listened to a lot of bands, and these guys were by far and away the best. After we heard them play one song in person we knew we had to book them and we are so happy that we did. They made a truly great day and night even better. Across the board this group is insanely talented. From the time they started playing until the end of the night they kept the dance floor packed and the good times going. I remember taking pictures with family during one of their sets and people were yelling at us asking “Where did you find this amazing band?!” Every time we talk to someone that was at our wedding the first thing they mention is how much fun they had and how amazing the band was. Even older guests mention that they had planned on going home early but decided to stay and listen to the band instead. They are top of the line professionals that make sure everyone is having a good time. They cover all genres of music and will leave everyone shocked by how incredible they are. Andrew was great to work with throughout the entire planning process. He had us create our own playlists and always responded right away to any questions or concerns we had. He was even able to help create amazing ceremony music by incorporating a violin, guitar, and piano. We cannot recommend Andrew and The Andrew Blake Band enough! I’ve already told Andrew that he has not seen the last of me, as I will be certain all family and friends book them in the future!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Lindsey · Married on 06/25/2016

Andrew Blake Band stole the show - in a fantastic way!! We were married on June 9th, 2018 and it will go down in the books as the best day ever, all thanks to this group of talented individuals. We hired the Andrew Blake Band (9 piece) after hearing phenomenal reviews online and through friends who had seen them in action. We were blown away with their talent and professionalism throughout our year of planning and on the day of our wedding. Each band member was so talented and full of energy the entire night. Our dance floor remained back from the beginning to end. Additionally, I was impressed with their seamless entry into their breaks, where our DJ music would play immediately after the band got off stage, so there was no gap in the energy as people just kept on dancing. Andrew was so also very organized in the MC role and got the entire wedding party pumped up to enter into the room to see all of our smiling guests. Their music variety is perfect and gets all ages on the dance floor. Thanks again for making our day so wonderful....we will see you in 10 years at our anniversary party! ;)

Sent on 07/03/2018

Lily · Married on 06/18/2016

The Andrew Blake Band is absolutely incredible!! We hired the Andrew Blake Band to play our June 18, 2016 wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning. The band played an incredible range of music and kept our guests on the dance floor all night long! Every time we have talked to our friends and family about the wedding we have received feedback about how great the band was and how much fun they made our wedding celebration. In addition to the 9-piece band that played our reception, we hired the group's pianist to play our cocktail hour, which was great as well.

Not only was the music better than we could have imagined, Andrew was great to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. He was always willing to answer any questions we had, and the online planning forms made it very easy to work on our song choices in the hectic time leading up to the wedding. When we realized a few weeks before the wedding that we needed some type of sound system/microphone for our outdoor ceremony, Andrew worked seamlessly with our venue and wedding planner to make this happen for us.

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about the Andrew Blake Band and recommend them to any couple looking to book the best wedding band around!!

Sent on 08/06/2016