Andrea Shaut - Ceremony and Cocktail Piano Reviews

25 | Lake Katrine, NY

25 Reviews for Andrea Shaut - Ceremony and Cocktail Piano

Mollie · Married on 06/23/2018

Andrea was AMAZING! I had a few odd song requests for her and she accommodated me with a smile! She was really pleasant to meet in person and really wonderful to talk to. I simply loved having her play piano for my ceremony and cocktail hour and would hire her again in a heartbeat. If you're looking for a way to make your ceremony and cocktail hour special, hiring Andrea is a great way to go. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Davis · Married on 06/16/2018

Andrea played for our ceremony and then joined the full Kazz Band for our reception. She was fantastic! Her and Joe were so easy to work with and many of our guests remarked on how good the ceremony and reception music was. Andrea was able to accommodate all of our song requests for the ceremony and did such a great job. We'd absolutely work with here again!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Andi · Married on 11/11/2017

Andrea and her husband Joe are a great team! They provided beautiful music for our ceremony and were responsive with emails. Andrea and Joe made sure all of our music selections were perfect. Several of our guests complimented the ceremony music. I would hire them again and recommend them to all.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2017

When the organist at the church we were getting married at left, we reached out to Andrea Shaut given her well-known reputation in the area for her piano and organ playing. Despite the relatively short notice (2 months), Andrea was available to play the organ, and was incredibly easy to work with. She was extremely responsive, and gave us a variety of options for music leading up to and throughout the ceremony. When we didn't know what to choose, she asked for the theme/tone of our wedding and set the music to match. We absolutely loved working with Andrea, and can't recommend her highly enough. If you are looking for a piano or organ player (especially organ since they're so hard to find!), Andrea plays beautifully and can easily adapt to any scenario.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Matt · Married on 10/21/2017

Andrea did a great job for our wedding ceremony/cocktail hour. She was great to work with and took care of everything on our day--we had nothing to worry about! Our ceremony was one of the most raved about parts of our wedding and Andrea provided some great music for it!

Sent on 12/26/2017

james · Married on 08/21/2017

We decided very late in our wedding planning to include a piano player for the ceremony and an hour or so after. Andrea was so responsive and helpful even though she was across the country on a vacation she responded to all of our questions quickly. to make things harder we had a last minute idea for the walk down the aisle and asked her to play "You're so cool" she said it would be no problem to learn and play it ( this was like 2 days before the wedding) she set up quickly and after the ceremony happily moved her entire set up to a different location to play the remaining set. I know that was a pain in the ass request from me but she did it no issue at all without missing a beat. i highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/07/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/15/2017

Andrea's piano playing at our ceremony was just the added touch our ceremony needed to make it perfect! Our ceremony was outdoors, and the quality and sound were excellent. It felt elegant and special and Andrea was lovely to work with!

Sent on 07/30/2017

d · Married on 07/15/2017

Andrea was a fantastic addtion to our wedding. She played beautiful piano music for our ceremony. She was effortless to work with, played beautifully, and was super professional. Look no further - you found her!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Lauren · Married on 03/25/2017

We booked Andrea in conjunction with Kazz Music Orchestra who was our wedding band. Andrea played the baby grand piano during our 90 minute cocktail hour in Philly. We weren't sure if we needed piano and cocktail hour and we are SO GLAD we had her play. She was amazing and a ton of our guests came up to me during cocktail hour to say how great she was. I believe the words my husband used were "I didn't hear it because I was running around so much but it must have been the best cocktail music ever because people are raving to me about it". Andrea was a pleasure to work with and we are so lucky she agreed to travel to Philly considering she's based in upstate NY. If I can give a side recommendation, if you are also looking for a wedding band, hire Kazz Music Orchestra which she plays the piano in. She was incredible on her own but if you want to up the game, bring in the whole band for the reception.

Sent on 04/14/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2016

Andi was fantastic to deal with. Her price was reasonable and she kept in touch throughout the process, providing suggestions and insight where she could, even offering to learn new songs to suit my needs. On the day of, Andi arrived early and worked with venue staff to get situated and played beautifully throughout our ceremony. If you're looking for a great pianist, look no further.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Deborah · Married on 07/16/2016

I came across Andrea by initially booking Kazz Music. She is the keyboard player in that band. Upon booking the band, I learned that she performs solo piano music for cocktail hours. As a music teacher, that is exactly the style and sound I was looking for. My husband and I were outside during most of the cocktail hour having photos taken, so I regret to say I didn't get to hear her. However, my parents, friends and other family members all raved about her playing! She is very professional and has many accolades as a professional pianist. Her cocktail fee is very reasonably priced and she and her husband are so great to work with from start to finish. I highly recommend her as a ceremony and cocktail pianist!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Lucio · Married on 09/26/2015

We had an off site wedding on an apple farm in the Catskill mountains, which is difficult to facilitate. Andrea and the music were exactly what we were looking for to make our ceremony intimately special. We told her what we were looking for including violinist and singers and she handled everything. The added musicians were equally superb. She had everything covered from electric extensions, microphones and speakers to the piano, we did not have to worry about a thing. The music was classically excellent and the entire day could not have been any more perfect. If you want a worry free, beautiful wedding music experience Andrea Shaut is the one you need.

Sent on 11/30/2015

John · Married on 09/06/2014

Andrea Shaut is so talented! She is so talented in picking the right tunes to play during our ceremony/cocktail hour. Her versatility in going from jazz to rock to funk is one that cannot be beat. She was just another one of the pieces of the puzzle that made our wedding complete. Thank you Andrea and we recommend her and Kazz Music Orchestra!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Emily · Married on 06/21/2014

We booked Kazz Music and Andrea's cocktail hour was an additional benefit - a no-brainer decision. She played wonderfully, and, despite the fact that cocktail hour is a chaotic, really fun time, she still managed to shine. Definitely book Andrea when you book Kazz and you will not regret it - not just from an ease of coordination standpoint, but also because she is an awesome musician.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Courtney · Married on 06/14/2014

Andrea was amazing! She was available last min and was easy to get ahold of. She was very flexible and was able to do modern songs, as well as, older/classical stuff. She was helpful in my decision making when it came to pick a song. She was very professional. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Megan · Married on 03/29/2014

Andrea provided the ceremony music for our wedding in March 2014 in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Andrea was amazing! She walked us through the whole process, giving us the opportunity to tailor the ceremony music to our needs. She was flexible, attentive and truly cared that our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. We received so many compliments on the music! The best part was that because Andrea had explained all of the music selections to us so thoroughly, I entered the church without any concern or stress about it and could just focus on my handsome husband to be at the end of the aisle!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Jenna · Married on 10/04/2013

Andrea did a fabulous job playing our ceremony. We went a non traditional route with our ceremony music, picking three Motown songs. We were very appreciative that she was willing to be flexible and do something different. She took the songs and made them work perfectly. I would absolutely recommend her!!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Sonja · Married on 09/21/2013

Andrea provided us with amazing ceremony music! She had a great selection of music to pick from and did a fabulous job. We got so many compliments, Andrea is just amazing.

Sent on 08/01/2014
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 08/31/2013

Andrea did my ceremony and cocktail hour. Couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. I was behind on getting things to her and she was still able to accommodate above and beyond my expectations. Andrea ended up writing a solo piano arrangement of Tenderness a few days before your wedding which added to how perfect my day was. If you book the Kazz music orchestra it's a no brainier to book Andrea and anyone else in the group for ceremony and cocktail hour.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Andrea played at our ceremony before joining the band, Kazz Music, to play at our reception. The ceremony was music was delightful and exactly what we had hoped for. In addition to playing the somewhat traditional classical songs that we had asked for Andrea was incredibly accommodating in helping us add some very special personal touches. We had an uncle sing a Beatles song at the end of the service and Andrea graciously came early to help rehearse the song; we needed extensive wiring, sound and mics to be set up for our outdoor garden ceremony, all of which Andrea and Kazz made sure was done professionally and hours in advance. Our ceremony was exactly as we pictured it to be (or better.)

Sent on 07/16/2013

mike and marlyn · Married on 05/11/2013

andrea was amazing! she learned 2 new songs for my husband and i and the transition/execution was flawless! she is so incredibly talented, and i would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to walk down the aisle to an incredible pianist!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Cara · Married on 05/05/2013

Our ceremony music was absolutely beautiful! It set the mood for all of our guests. We had an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour, and our guests enjoyed Andrea's song selection and performance. Thank you!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Alex · Married on 10/19/2012

Andrea played our wedding ceremony and also helped arrange for a violinist, Emily. The combination of violin and piano was perfect! For preparation, Andrea was great to work with, knows a huge volume of music, and dealt with our million plus last minute ceremony music changes!!! They were well on time, professional, and incredible musicians on top of all that! We're truly grateful to have had them as part of our ceremony and would highly recommend them to any and all. Please feel free to contact if there's any questions!
    Cheers,
    alex + jeanette

Sent on 11/18/2012

Tricia · Married on 10/12/2012

We hired Andrea and the Kazz Band for our wedding at the Waterside 10/12/12. Andrea is an excellent pianist that added a classical touch to our wedding ceremony. We challenged her with some of our song choices and she performed them all perfectly (guns n roses sweet child of mine, radiohead, and of course we needed some classical canon in D for the walk down the isle). I highly recommend Andrea! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Jeremy · Married on 08/28/2010

Andrea Shaut was a pleasure to work with and provided incredible services for our wedding. Andrea was critical in helping with our ceremony music - to make sure we were comforatable with our selection she invited us to her music studio and played several songs until we got the right mix. Not only did Andrea spend a lot of time with us prior to the wedding she kept in touch through the process and then performed amazingly at the cermony.

Sent on 06/13/2011