Anderson Japanese Gardens Reviews

Anderson Japanese Gardens 5
Anderson Japanese Gardens 6
Anderson Japanese Gardens 7

Heather · Married on 05/26/2017

We had a wonderful experience with our wedding here on May 26, 2017! It was raining for several hours leading up to the ceremony start time and still drizzling at the beginning. The staff was very accommodating to our wishes to still have the ceremony by the waterfall and provided umbrellas for us and our guests. It was a very special time made more so by an efficient staff that was willing and ready to accommodate rain.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2016

If you are considering Anderson Gardens, you will not be disappointed. It is worth every penny! We had a perfect fall wedding in October; breathtaking! People are still commenting how beautiful our wedding was! The staff is exceptional as well. I was constantly bugging Sara over tedious questions and she answered reassuringly and tried to make me feel the least stressed as possible. The day of was smooth as can be and I had no reason to stress. I can not thank everyone at the gardens enough for making our wedding the most beautiful and precious day of my life. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Cassandra · Married on 09/16/2016

We loved the gardens! It was a beautiful venue and Sarah was extremely responsive and easy to work with throughout the process. It looked like rain on my wedding date and the staff set up a plan b as a just in case which alleviated my stress and allowed me to focus on the other details. I really felt that the staff was extremely helpful and couldn't stress enough how appreciated I was to work with them. My only suggestion for future brides would be would be to go through the seating arrangements and when your guests should be seated in detail at the rehearsal. When I showed up to the venue, I had a lot of my guests still meandering in front and in the lobby who saw me in my dress. And with the seating arrangements, guests left 1 or 2 seats in between each other which I didn't accommodate for so there were some guests standing. Over all extremely happy we chose the gardens for our ceremony and we can't wait to go back to reminisce of our special day!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Had a great wedding experience at the gardens. The staff was super helpful and made the day run very smoothly.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Alisha · Married on 08/13/2016

This venue is beautiful! They have amazing areas for great photos and the staff is extremely organized and great at communication. Little pricey but it is 100% worth it. They were able to adjust our rehearsal time to fit our schedule and they had an answer to every question or concern that came up. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Michael · Married on 07/09/2016

Anderson Japanese gardens is the perfect place for a beautiful wedding! The tranquility of the setting helped to make what could be a very busy and hectic day, calm, peaceful and reflective of what the occasion was really about.

Sent on 07/18/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2016

From the moment we walked through the gardens, my husband and I knew we wanted to get married there. The location is beautiful, no matter what spot you choose. We ended up in a more intimate setting at the main gate. The rehearsal was a breeze, they had 3 coordinators getting all the details down. The next day was even easier! Those three coordinators took care of every little detail, even walked us around for our pictures to some of the best spots. We could not have had a better experience and are so thankful something so unique exists in Rockford. We now have a year membership where we can go back and visit anytime we want!

Sent on 08/07/2016

They're incredible and had everything organized for the rehearsal and the day of!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Rob · Married on 06/04/2016

The crew at Anderson Gardens made our wedding day a breeze. They had three event coordinators on the day of the wedding, orchestrating the event and taking away any stress on the bride and groom. Beyond the helpful service, the location was absolutely beautiful. Our guests were allowed to walk the gardens for an additional hour after the ceremony which allowed them to experience the gardens beyond the ceremony location. This site is definitely a hidden gem in Rockford!

Sent on 06/06/2016

The staff was great!! They were with us the whole day. Anything we needed help with they were right there to help out!

Sent on 06/12/2016

The gardens were the perfect place for our ceremony. Not only was it beautiful, but the staff was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure we were happy with how the day went. They even got our ceremony started on time which was amazing. I definitely recommend them. Well worth it.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Keri-Ann · Married on 10/31/2015

My husband and I had visited the Anderson Japanese Gardens a couple of times before we got engaged. Even though the gardens are 90 minutes away from us we knew that this was the place we wanted to get married, especially in the fall which is our favorite season and the colors are gorgeous at the gardens. Even though we had our wedding on the last date possible, October 31st, we were still able to enjoy the colors and the beauty of the gardens. We had our wedding under the heated pavilion which was great since it drizzled and was cold. The staff walked us through our rehearsal the evening before and based on our wants and needs they accomodated us.

Sent on 11/12/2015

A · Married on 08/01/2015

The gardens were so beautiful for our ceremony!! Our guests all commented on how lovely the gardens looked and they enjoyed touring them after our ceremony.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Rita · Married on 07/10/2015

This is a beautiful venue. It was a pleasure planning my wedding with Sarah from Anderson Japanese Gardens. She was prompt, efficient and professional. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Amber · Married on 06/13/2015

Anderson Gardens is a BEAUTIFUL location (I can't wait to see my pictures!). Although it is more expensive for the area when you consider you are only renting ceremony space for 2 hours (as of this time, there is not an option to hold the reception there as well), I think it's well worth the money. I borrowed some tulle bows to put on the aisle seats and bought a little more tulle to decorate the pulpit, but that was it for decorations—you don't need more. We had the pavilion space, so even if had rained, our guests would have been protected, which is nice. For our favors, we bought koi food from Anderson, so along with cute baggies to hold them in, our favors only cost $50 for 100 people. The staff was friendly, helpful, and really coordinated a lot of day-of tasks for us. Overall, I would recommend Anderson Gardens.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jenifer · Married on 06/06/2015

This is the absolute PERFECT venue for a wedding. I can't say enough good things about these gardens. The backdrop is beautiful. All your wedding photos will be amazing. The team is without a doubt professional, kind and helpful. You don't have to worry about a thing. I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. You will not be disappointed. Your guests even get to walk around after the ceremony!

Sent on 06/08/2015

They were absolutely wonderful! Even though it rained they handled the change beautifully. The were there every step of the way.

Sent on 05/05/2015

Jamie · Married on 10/18/2014

There is no better location for an outdoor wedding. The scenery is flawless and the ability to be protected from weather issues is so convenient! And the staff is also so helpful and amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2014

It rained on our wedding day, but the wedding coordinators were very helpful and flexible to help us get through the day! They were also fantastic about showing us places to take photographs. The gardens are so very beautiful, rain or shine!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Mary · Married on 09/26/2014

Sara is a rock star. She brought her A game to each and every conversation/email/visit. The professionalism and attentiveness put me at ease and made my day extra special. The staff that worked the day of the wedding was great and we feel very lucky that we had the opportunity to work with such great people.

Sent on 10/02/2014

The Anderson Japanese Garden is absolutely beautiful and is highly recommended. Our wedding was unique and the pictures are gorgeous. The staff was very professional and great to work with. The garden is a perfect 10.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Catherine · Married on 09/14/2014

Very beautiful place. Staff was very helpful. We could bring our photographer before the wedding, so that she could practice. I would definitely recommend Anderson Japanese Gardens!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Beth · Married on 08/30/2014

It was perfect in every way! Loved it!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Jana · Married on 08/23/2014

The staff made my wedding day as stress free as possible, and everything went wonderfully. I can't wait for the pictures to come back!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Got married here on 7/26/14. It was absolutely amazing. The venue was by far the most beautiful place I have been to for a wedding. The photo opportunities are infinite. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. Extremely professional. Making sure all needs were met beyond expectation. Guest were able to walk the park while pictures were being taken which made it great for all who attended

Sent on 08/03/2014