87 Reviews for Anderson Japanese Gardens

Parking (8)
Event Planning (4)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
87 Anderson Japanese Gardens Reviews

The staff at Anderson Japanese Gardens was absolutely fantastic. Whenever we had questions and emailed Sara, we typically heard back with an answer within a day. The staff created a very stress-free day for both our rehearsal as well as our wedding day from the moment we stepped on the grounds to after we finished taking our pictures with our photographers and we received nothing but compliments regarding the grounds as well as organization from our friends and family. Thank you to everyone who participated in making our day special. My husband and I truly appreciate it.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor

In mid September of 2017 we had a later afternoon wedding, and it was what I expected. Everyone was willing to help, and make sure everything ran smoothly. Our experience at Anderson Gardens was amazing, and our guests loved it too.

Profile Picture Staci, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff at Anderson Gardens, from the first time I contacted them all the way through our actually wedding ceremony was absolutely amazing. I'm sooooo happy I had our wedding ceremony here!! I highly recommend it to everyone!

Profile Picture Kelsey , 9/15/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor

Anderson was fantastic! Everything ran smooth and the day turned out beautiful!! Strongly recommend!

Profile Picture Joe, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was amazing and we are very happy we chose to have our wedding there the staff was great and accommodated us and provided plenty of help to keep things organized

Profile Picture Kara, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I wanted a garden wedding and Anderson provided everything needed. The place is beautiful, your guest will love it. This place is a hidden gem to Rockford. The staff was there to assist during and after the wedding. When we arrived the team was standing at the door, ready to go! The day was perfect. I recommend Anderson Garden!!

Profile Picture Marla, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Extremely beautiful and very accommodating. Would definitely recommend this place to other couples looking for a place to get married.

Profile Picture Robert, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a private ceremony at a garden look no further than Anderson Japanese Gardens! We picked this place for 2 reasons. One they only do one wedding on either Friday or Sunday so you don't have to worry about fighting with other weddings for pics and space. Two, because of the beautiful location :)...Our wedding was at the West Waterfall location but, there are other locations to choose from depending on your party size. The staff was great and were very accommodating and helpful during our rehearsal and wedding. I highly recommend driving out for a visit if you are looking for a garden wedding. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience with our wedding here on May 26, 2017! It was raining for several hours leading up to the ceremony start time and still drizzling at the beginning. The staff was very accommodating to our wishes to still have the ceremony by the waterfall and provided umbrellas for us and our guests. It was a very special time made more so by an efficient staff that was willing and ready to accommodate rain.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are considering Anderson Gardens, you will not be disappointed. It is worth every penny! We had a perfect fall wedding in October; breathtaking! People are still commenting how beautiful our wedding was! The staff is exceptional as well. I was constantly bugging Sara over tedious questions and she answered reassuringly and tried to make me feel the least stressed as possible. The day of was smooth as can be and I had no reason to stress. I can not thank everyone at the gardens enough for making our wedding the most beautiful and precious day of my life. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Covered Outdoor

We loved the gardens! It was a beautiful venue and Sarah was extremely responsive and easy to work with throughout the process. It looked like rain on my wedding date and the staff set up a plan b as a just in case which alleviated my stress and allowed me to focus on the other details. I really felt that the staff was extremely helpful and couldn't stress enough how appreciated I was to work with them. My only suggestion for future brides would be would be to go through the seating arrangements and when your guests should be seated in detail at the rehearsal. When I showed up to the venue, I had a lot of my guests still meandering in front and in the lobby who saw me in my dress. And with the seating arrangements, guests left 1 or 2 seats in between each other which I didn't accommodate for so there were some guests standing. Over all extremely happy we chose the gardens for our ceremony and we can't wait to go back to reminisce of our special day!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Parking

Had a great wedding experience at the gardens. The staff was super helpful and made the day run very smoothly.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is beautiful! They have amazing areas for great photos and the staff is extremely organized and great at communication. Little pricey but it is 100% worth it. They were able to adjust our rehearsal time to fit our schedule and they had an answer to every question or concern that came up. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Alisha, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anderson Japanese gardens is the perfect place for a beautiful wedding! The tranquility of the setting helped to make what could be a very busy and hectic day, calm, peaceful and reflective of what the occasion was really about.

Profile Picture Michael, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we walked through the gardens, my husband and I knew we wanted to get married there. The location is beautiful, no matter what spot you choose. We ended up in a more intimate setting at the main gate. The rehearsal was a breeze, they had 3 coordinators getting all the details down. The next day was even easier! Those three coordinators took care of every little detail, even walked us around for our pictures to some of the best spots. We could not have had a better experience and are so thankful something so unique exists in Rockford. We now have a year membership where we can go back and visit anytime we want!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They're incredible and had everything organized for the rehearsal and the day of!

Profile Picture User6930394, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The crew at Anderson Gardens made our wedding day a breeze. They had three event coordinators on the day of the wedding, orchestrating the event and taking away any stress on the bride and groom. Beyond the helpful service, the location was absolutely beautiful. Our guests were allowed to walk the gardens for an additional hour after the ceremony which allowed them to experience the gardens beyond the ceremony location. This site is definitely a hidden gem in Rockford!

Profile Picture Rob, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Event Planning, Parking

The staff was great!! They were with us the whole day. Anything we needed help with they were right there to help out!

Profile Picture User6826535, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The gardens were the perfect place for our ceremony. Not only was it beautiful, but the staff was very accommodating and worked with us to make sure we were happy with how the day went. They even got our ceremony started on time which was amazing. I definitely recommend them. Well worth it.

Profile Picture User4824136, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking, Event Planning

My husband and I had visited the Anderson Japanese Gardens a couple of times before we got engaged. Even though the gardens are 90 minutes away from us we knew that this was the place we wanted to get married, especially in the fall which is our favorite season and the colors are gorgeous at the gardens. Even though we had our wedding on the last date possible, October 31st, we were still able to enjoy the colors and the beauty of the gardens. We had our wedding under the heated pavilion which was great since it drizzled and was cold. The staff walked us through our rehearsal the evening before and based on our wants and needs they accomodated us.

Profile Picture Keri-Ann, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The gardens were so beautiful for our ceremony!! Our guests all commented on how lovely the gardens looked and they enjoyed touring them after our ceremony.

Profile Picture A, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful venue. It was a pleasure planning my wedding with Sarah from Anderson Japanese Gardens. She was prompt, efficient and professional. I would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Rita, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anderson Gardens is a BEAUTIFUL location (I can't wait to see my pictures!). Although it is more expensive for the area when you consider you are only renting ceremony space for 2 hours (as of this time, there is not an option to hold the reception there as well), I think it's well worth the money. I borrowed some tulle bows to put on the aisle seats and bought a little more tulle to decorate the pulpit, but that was it for decorations—you don't need more. We had the pavilion space, so even if had rained, our guests would have been protected, which is nice. For our favors, we bought koi food from Anderson, so along with cute baggies to hold them in, our favors only cost $50 for 100 people. The staff was friendly, helpful, and really coordinated a lot of day-of tasks for us. Overall, I would recommend Anderson Gardens.

Profile Picture Amber, 6/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the absolute PERFECT venue for a wedding. I can't say enough good things about these gardens. The backdrop is beautiful. All your wedding photos will be amazing. The team is without a doubt professional, kind and helpful. You don't have to worry about a thing. I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. You will not be disappointed. Your guests even get to walk around after the ceremony!

Profile Picture Jenifer , 6/6/15, 7 Reviews