Anchor Pictures Reviews

55 | Frederick, MD

55 Reviews for Anchor Pictures

Angela · Married on 02/03/2017

Made our dreams come true...

We hired Anchor Pictures to come with us to Hawaii to photography our wedding, as well as a photoshoot on the beach the day after the wedding.

When I tell you that they are absolutely perfect, I'm not exaggerating. From the meeting we had with them a month before, where they laid everything out, and even helped me plan my day-of activities to best accommodate all the shots that we wanted and needed... To hiking down with us through VERY tough terrain to get breathtaking shots in Pololu Valley. They were so game and positive, and the shots they got literally took our breath away.

They were super fast getting us some initial shots to share with friends... I think we were still on our honeymoon... Maybe? Haha! But what I truly love about them is their incredible eye and cheeky sense of humor. They get such a variety of shots, from candids, to posed, to traditional, to edgy, to romantic, to hilarious, to artsy.... Just anything you could ever want. They make every moment look epic.

And to top it off they are the sweetest couple! Their beautiful, kind, and patient energies brought a lot of calm to a fast and furious day. They are the chillest people, and we loved having a happily married couple bless our day with their good juju. ;)

We have now been married for almost 2 years, and we still pull out our wedding album every month to stare at and swoon over. We had the perfect wedding, and Anchor Pictures captured every second and then some.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Alison · Married on 01/14/2017

This review is long over due, because well life. My husband and I got married January 2017, however I was SO impressed with Mason and Savannah I had to make sure I left them a review even though it's a year and a half later. Having a videographer was one of the most important things to me for our wedding. Anchor Pictures did not disappoint. From the first meeting they were both so friendly and really listened to what my husband and I wanted. On the day of the wedding they were right on time and professional. I loved how they managed to get every little detail and big moment, but weren't right in our faces. When we received our highlight film I fell in love. I couldn't have asked for a better video. We also received a full version film separated into chapters of the main events of the day. I can't recommend Anchor Pictures highly enough. You will not be disappointed if you go with them for your wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2018

From the moment I saw their videos, I right away wanted them for my wedding! They were so nice to work with and very accommodating.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Anchor Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!! We really appreciate it!

Sandra · Married on 08/13/2016

As the mother of the bride, was so impressed with Anchor Pictures. Mason did a wonderful job in capturing a beautiful day. Pictures are absolutely stunning. Received many comments from our guest at the wedding and felt that Mason and his wife blended into the crowd and was so unaware that they were taking pictures. I cannot say enough about the memories that were so perfectly captured. Thank you so much Anchor Pictures!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Anchor Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We truly appreciate it! It was such a pleasure being a part of the wedding day and we can't wait to share the rest of the photos with you!

We weren't going to get a videographer at first, but we knew we wouldn't regret it so after an exhaustive search to find the best quality for our budget we were so lucky to find Anchor Pictures. Mason and Savannah are so kind and professional. We were blown away with how they captured our day! It truly reflects all the love and joy we experienced. They were able to capture so many details and include basically all of our guests in the shots which makes it even more special. Don't think twice about hiring them!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

maria · Married on 07/02/2016

We absolutely LOVE our highlights video. We weren't convinced about wanting to spend the money on a video but we're so glad we did because it was worth every penny. We can't wait to share it with our friends and family. We're sure they'll relive every moment like we did. The day was a blur and this helped us relive our day. THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Taylor · Married on 04/22/2016

Anchor pictures were absolutely amazing! We planned our wedding from Australia and they were so accommodating and just so lovely. Our highlight video was beyond perfect and all of their footage was excellent, plus an amazing price. I just wish I would have had them stay longer on the night!!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Anchor Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much Taylor!! It was such an honor to capture your wedding day! Your review means to much to us!

Caroline · Married on 03/19/2016

If we could give 10 stars to Anchor Pictures we would! After a long search of finding the perfect videographer to capture all the special moments of our day, we found it and they were even more than anything we could have asked for. Absolutely perfect! We looked up past videos they had done and were sold! They were so easy to get in contact with and so easy to communicate throughout our entire process. The package we chose included so much and it was everything we were looking for. We felt so comfortable and confident in their work. They were both so great the day of our wedding and were with us the entire day capturing it all! When they sent us our highlight film, we were absolutely blown away! It was so amazing reliving our wedding day all over again and seeing our expressions and all the details. In the wedding package we chose, we got the extended film that had all the main events of our day filmed in full. Having that is something we will always treasure. The video had things we forgot even happened! We can't say enough how happy we are with Anchor Pictures and their amazing work and artistic eye. You are going to want to have your wedding filmed by Anchor Pictures because once the wedding is over, all you have is memories and having it in a beautiful film, brings all those memories to life. Anchor Pictures brings it all to life.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Elih · Married on 11/19/2015

BEST EVER! Our video exceeded our wildest dreams! Would absolutely recommend! Book, book, book!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

We were lucky enough to find Mason and Savannah to video our wedding and we are beyond pleased with their quality of work!! They truly captured the most important, sincere and joyful moments from our entire wedding day better than we could have ever imagined! They are the sweetest people and made us feel so comfortable behind their cameras. We are very fortunate that we are able to relive the most magical day of our lives, and even witness the joyous moments that we missed out on. The 7 minute highlight video they put together for us brought my husband and I to tears and we can't stop talking about how amazing it is. I can't imagine not having them as videographers and being able to look back on our day and remember it forever. Mason and Savannah are incredibly talented, professional, and most importantly dedicated and passionate about their career and it definitely shows through in their work!! We cannot thank them enough and we are so over the moon with everything they did for us. We HIGHLY recommend booking them and it was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! :)

Sent on 10/13/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2015

I would highly recommend Anchor Pictures if you are look for quality within your budget. Mason and Savannah were professional from start to finish. Not to mention, they have the sweetest personalities! During my wedding ceremony, I honestly didn't even notice them there. That was important to me because I have been to weddings where photographers obstructed views and interrupted the flow of the wedding. After receiving my photos my husband and I were very pleased. It was hard to select the photos we wanted to include in the photo album because they were all amazing. Booking Anchor photography was one of the best decisions I made for my special day.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Nadia · Married on 06/27/2015

We absolutely loved Mason and his wife. They were completely professional and took amazing footage of our wedding. They guided us through shots during our wedding day that later looked amazing on our video. I was especially impressed with our 5 minute highlight video that all of our guests and family loved. They matched the music to the movements and sentiments of our wedding and never intruded during the day. Highly recommend their service.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Grace · Married on 05/09/2015

It sounds strange to say, but Mason worked so well blending into the background that I barely knew he was there at times! He made sure that he got all the angles and shots he needed while keeping my husband and I at ease on our wedding day. Even my photographer was impressed with his original ideas and the shots he was able to capture. The finished product was a perfect balance of ceremony and reception. When both my parents and my husband's parents have no critiques about the video, you know it must be good! I'm very grateful that Mason was able to capture our special day. I've also seen his photography (as they did our engagement pictures too!) and I cannot speak highly enough of him and his wife, Savannah.

Sent on 07/02/2015
  • Y

young · Married on 11/29/2014

I was frantic putting together my daughter's wedding in 2 months. When I had to choose a photographer it was obvious Mason was the winner among the several who were referred to me. Not only was he very responsive to my inquiries, but his sample pictures were also so spontaneous and real. He seemed to capture the moments beautifully.
    When the day came he arrived with his wife as his assistant and got to work. I could see he was calm, patient, and he knew how to utilize the surroundings. He was able to keep his professionalism and composure throughout the event.
    He was forever ready with the camera during the whole event.
    I was so happy when I got a preview of pictures in 4 days and they were absolutely beautiful. Another 10 days and I received all the pictures. Unbelievable!
    My daughter and her husband and the rest of us were so pleased with all the pictures.
    I will recommend him and his wife with no reservation. Everyone in the wedding wants his name and contact information.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Mason and his wife Savannah are talented and fantastic! We used mason for our engagement photos (which made the most beautiful save the dates), rehearsal dinner and ceremony/reception. They are both extremely nice, helpful, accomodating and professional. I had my two dogs at part of our engagement shoot, and then my 2 nephews and niece as part of our wedding (all under the age of 3). the photos of both hard to capture groups of "kids" were great! not only is the work wonderful, they are both a pleasure to work with. any photos that we wanted they were never far away to capture a shot...even doing so as my bridesmaid kept grabbing them for photo opportunities at the reception! ;) while the memories from our journey will be with us forever, it is wonderful to have documentation of it all as well....i would recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 11/19/2014

erica · Married on 06/14/2014

Anchor Pictures did an amazing job capturing our special day, both of our videos are absolutely amazing! Mason and Savannah did a spectacular job! We are just in love with our videos and couldn't be more excited. They were amazing to work with. They were prompt in getting back to us with questions prior to the wedding and it was easy to meet up with them even with our distance. During our wedding they were very personable and respectful of space. We are truly blessed to have crossed their path. We are so thankful to them for what they have given us, they brought our wedding day back to life in just 6 minutes during the highlight film! What they do is incredible and now our friends and family can relive our special day with us.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Cassie · Married on 05/17/2014

Mason Summers is an absolute gem. Not only are his photographs absolutely brilliant and capture the day to a tee, but he is the hardest working and sweetest guy around. He and his lovely wife/second shooter, Savannah, are the best team. They accommodate your needs and make sure to capture every moment in a unique way. They're so much fun to be around and make even lengthy family photo session seem like a breeze. So important when you want comfortable, natural photos. We absolutely adore our photos (as does everyone else) and will treasure them forever. Can't wait to work with them again!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Alicia · Married on 12/27/2013

We are so happy we chose Mason Summers for our wedding photographer. He was extremely professional, with great communication in person, on the phone, and over email with both me, my husband, AND all of our parents. On the day of the wedding, he and his assistant arrived before their scheduled time and immediately got to work taking amazing shots of the wedding preparation. So many of our friends and family commented on Mason's professionalism and artistic eye, and he NEVER stopped during the whole wedding day. He was wonderful with our guests, and managed to always get the shot while never being intrusive on our events. Can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Jan · Married on 12/27/2013

We couldn't be happier with the choice of Mason Summers as the photographer for our daughter's wedding. He and his assistant managed to be everywhere, yet unobtrusive. He was extremely professional, gracious, easy to work with and best of all, the photos were beautiful! Mason has a wonderful eye and both the portraits and the candid shots were everything we'd hoped for and more.

Sent on 03/04/2014

Erica · Married on 12/21/2013

I cannot imagine our wedding day without the work that Mason and Savannah did, they went above and beyond to capture every aspect of our wedding day. They worked so well with us, ensuring that every part of our day was captured so perfectly. The video and pictures that we received were so much better than what I ever imagined they would be. I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2013

Mason was great to work with from our initial meeting to our engagement photos to our wedding day. My fiancée and I had initially booked Mason and a second photographer for my wedding in Shenandoah Valley (Mimslyn Inn in Luray, VA) but forfeited our deposits with the venue and other local vendors because the Mimslyn Inn was a nightmare to work with. As my fiancée and I were looking for a new wedding venue, we knew that we wanted to continue to work with Mason. We even confirmed with Mason that he was available to be our photographer before we signed with our new wedding venue (Hotel Monaco Baltimore) for a wedding date that was a week later than originally planned. If he wasn’t available, we would have continued our search for a venue that matched Mason’s availability. Besides being extremely easy to work with (responsive, laid back, kind), we really appreciated Mason’s unobtrusive photojournalistic style. From the beginning, we knew that we did not want any kitschy or awkwardly posed portraits and cheesy jumping photos. Instead, we were looking for someone that could capture how light and shadows can really showcase the beauty of a moment during our wedding day. When we first met Mason, I showed him my Pinterest board of photographs I liked to make sure we were a good fit for one another. And, by my wedding day, I had pinned over 300 photographs on Pinterest that I liked for Mason. Mason’s work is exactly what we were looking for. We will truly treasure the photographs he took. A BIG THANK YOU MASON AND SAVANNAH (second photographer)!!!

We recently read on Mason’s blog that he does baby portraits as well. . . see you in a couple of years, Mason!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Kinuthia · Married on 08/17/2013

We couldn't have picked a better photographer to capture one of life's precious moments, our wedding day. Mason is good at what he does because he has a genuine passion for what he does. He was courteous, patient, flexible and full of great photography ideas. His professionalism, demeanor, personality and work speak volume; of who he is and what his work stand for...PERFECTION. So thank you so much for making our day so beautiful and memorable. You were a big part of making our wedding day such a success, and for that Sylvia and I will be eternally grateful. Your an awesome person and a TALENTED photographer. May you continue to be a blessing to others with your work, as you have been to us.Thank you for everything!!! James & Sylvia

Sent on 09/08/2014

Chris · Married on 05/18/2013

Anchor Pictures did an amazing job at my wedding. They were on time, were prepared for anything, had great ideas, and really took a lot of stress away from my wife and I. They were unbelievably thorough and efficient. The pictures turned out great. The photo album options were fantastic. The finished product that we received captured all the moments we missed. We would recommend them to absolutely anyone who needs wedding photography done.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Bethany · Married on 04/27/2013

We loved working with Mason from Anchor Pictures! He was warm and friendly, but very laid back which made pre-planning and picture time on our wedding day stress free and fun. He was very open to our ideas and made every effort to accommodate all or our requests. The pictures of the ceremony and wedding party were wonderful, but we were especially pleased with how many candidate moments he captured throughout the day - these are the pictures that truly remind me of the "feel" of the day. We were thrilled with the quality of all our pictures and will treasure them the rest of our lives. We have, and will continue, to recommend Mason to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 08/21/2014

We couldn't have been more happy to have Mason as our photographer. We had a particularly long wedding day, doing two ceremonies in one day ( one for each of our cultures ). He was at the first ceremony exactly when we needed him to be there. We had him do both photography and video and although there were 3 people there total, they were not in the way ever. In fact I would say they went beyond their duties as photographers and offered to help multiple times. Also we did some engagement photos with them and they came out amazingly. It was a real joy to do the photo shoot too. Mason was super friendly and we had a great time doing them. They were amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 04/28/2013