Ancala Country Club Reviews

Ancala Country Club 6
Ancala Country Club 7
  • Michelle

Michelle Oconnor · Married on 04/28/2019

Ancala is the place to be for events

My wife and I were married here at the Ancala and when I say the members and Amy especially had our backs, we thank them every day for a wonderful process. Our pictures were phenomenal due to the wonderful scenery. Amy is a wonderful person/coordinator/Officiant she truly has a touch that you wont find in most people, a true joy to work with. Our food was delicious. All the staff and coordinators were great, even when I had forgotten a few things they made my vision more magical than ever. If we could give 20 stars we would you rock Ancala. Thank you again for a wonderful day.

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Ancala Country Club 8
    Ancala Country Club 9

Ancala Country Club's reply:

I miss your smiles! At each meeting there was so much love and happiness. It was a pleasure to be a part of your love filled day. LOL even with the forgotten things we were able to adjust and make it perfect :-).
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Highly recommend

I can not say enough nice things about Ancala and Amy to do it justice. My now husband and I, researched for months , spoke to tons of event coordinators and when we went in to view the venue and speak with Amy we just knew it was the place to make our wedding visions come true! The food was absolutely delicious, all our guests were complementing our menu the entire night. The views from the outside ceremony location were beautiful, the cocktail hour on the patio was a fun transition spot from the ceremony to the reception. He reception room was perfect size with great lighting for all our special moments. Amy was such a blessing in all the chaos of wedding planning. Every question I had she happily answered in a timely manner, and on the wedding day there were zero bumps, everything flowed so smoothly with all the vendors because of Amy’s help.

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Ancala Country Club 10
    Ancala Country Club 11

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Lisa, you and Dan were so easy to work with! Loved all the red roses and gold accents. I hope I run into you and the family in the neighborhood. Thank you for trusting us with your special day!

Andrea · Married on 03/16/2019

Great Experience!

Amy was so wonderful and easy to work with! I got to enjoy my wedding week instead of stressing out. The scenery is beautiful, the food is great and the staff was SO pleasant. I would do it all over again if I could!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Ancala Country Club's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you and equally stress free for me. I hope to see your parents around the club next season.

Marcy · Married on 03/09/2019

It was a wonderful, see less experience.

Amy was wonderful to work with and always responded promptly to any questions and requests. She was on top of everything and made the process and the wedding day go smoothly. The venue space was perfect for what we were looking for.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Ancala Country Club's reply:

We all loved all the special touches from the petrified cactus alter, the cactus table numbers and floral centerpieces you designed with Deizinz Fresh Studio! It was a perfect day/evening on the courtyard patio! Can't wait to see the video!
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 02/15/2019

Perfect Choice for Arizona

Everything about Ancala was wonderful. From the first meeting to the day of we felt special, important and that our day mattered to everyone on staff. We chose this location because of the view, price, and the professionalism and honesty of Amy, Director of Private Events. Our guests raved about the food, venue, views, EVERYTHING! We all had the best time and also had quite a few guests with dietary restrictions. Amy and the staff were very creative and accommodating to everyone. Also, there is an endless supply of beautiful photo op locations within Ancala!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Ancala Country Club 17
    Ancala Country Club 18
    Ancala Country Club 19

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Speaking of creative....we loved your hoop designed photo wall and all the extra touches that you did to make your reception special and unique! It was a beautiful celebration and you and Phil were great to work with.

Heather · Married on 11/17/2018

Our Magical Day!

Ancala is a beautiful, tucked away venue in Scottsdale with a picturesque view of McDowell Mountains facing North East and Camelback/ Central Mountain Range facing Southwest. The venue offers a variety of ceremonial and reception environments. What we liked most...was how we can be on the beautiful golf course overlooking the mountains and sunset for ceremony, enjoy a quant, romantic cocktail area with Thomas Edison lights and have the ballroom wedding all within in steps of each other. The service is wonderful; Amy McKee takes pride in her service in organizing your perfect moments and helps customize a package that suits you best (which I can not say for several other venues). The appetizers and entrée selections are vast and excellent! Your guests will think it's just beautiful. Very quiet as well.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Ali

Ali Jauregui · Married on 11/10/2018

Most amazing venue and staff!!

My husband and I both agree we had the most amazing time at our wedding and that is thanks in large part to Ancala and everyone there. Their staff is so amazing and made sure our drinks and plates were always full. When we started planning they were always there to answer any questions and made it so easy and simple to get everything we wanted. Amy is so great and worked with my crazy Aunts and mother to help plan the wedding of my dreams. I would highly recommend this venue and the entire staff at Ancala.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Ancala Country Club 20
    Ancala Country Club 21

Ancala Country Club's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you and all of your passionate family :-). It was a beautiful love filled celebration and the band rock the house all night!

Shawna Dziewit · Married on 11/02/2018

Beautiful Venue!

Picking Ancala Country Club was the best decision. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The view during the ceremony was breath taking. The cocktail hour was elegant on the patio. The reception area was spacious and you don’t feel crammed in.

Amy is absolutely fabulous to work with. She is responsive any time you contact her. She is so laid back and really lets you make the space your own. On the day of the wedding Amy and her team really made everything flow so smoothly.

I also want to mention the scenery for wedding pictures is amazing!!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Ancala Country Club 22
    Ancala Country Club 23
    Ancala Country Club 24

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Shawna, you and Cory were equally laid back and I loved it! Let me know when I can start planning birthday parties for the kids ;-)

Jessica · Married on 08/26/2018

Amy was amazing and I cant wait to come back for another event!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Cady · Married on 06/09/2018

We were able to plan a 50-person wedding in 12 weeks! Beautiful venue, great food options at different price points. Amy, the event coordinator, was always responsive and worked with us to make our special day what dreams are made of!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Cady, it was so great to work with you and Chris! Thank you for trusting Ancala with your special celebration.

Judy · event on 05/31/2018

Amy McKee is the best and most wonderful Event Coordinator ever. Her attention to details, professionalism and responsiveness is outstanding.
    This is a true friend and I will recommend her highly. Ancala CC is very fortunate to have her on your team.
    Just don't let her go!!!!!!
    Judy and Cal Stockman

Sent on 06/24/2018

Bill · event on 05/17/2018

We were looking for a venue for dads 90th birthday celebration and decided to check Ancala out! Not only did we schedule and have the party there, but the folks ended up joining the social membership.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

It was not only a pleasure to work with you and your family on your Dad's birthday, it is so nice to see your parents, and your Aunt & Uncle, around the club! Looking forward to the next celebration.

Sharon · event on 05/16/2018

Amy Mckee and her event staff at Ancala have hosted our high school baseball banquet for the last 3 years. Each year we have been very pleased with the friendly and professional service they provide. The food is delicious too! We have 150 folks at our banquet each year and I have never heard a complaint. I highly recommend Ancala!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Sharon it is always a pleasure to work with you and the other Booster volunteers. We look forward to next year.

Sheri · event on 04/20/2018

I truly cannot say enough about how positive an experience it was working with Amy for my kids' B'nai Mitzvah! She is a great listener, very responsive, and we feel we got great bang for our buck. Very happy with our decision to have the party at Ancala!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Sheri, it was so much fun to work with you on the kids B'nai Mitzvah! I hope we are able to work together in the future!

Andrea · Married on 04/02/2018

I helped plan my sister Lara's wedding and we decided on having the ceremony and reception at Anacala. We could not have been happier. Amy McKee is absolutely remarkable!!! From beginning to end, Amy and her staff made sure Lara and Sean's wedding was flawless. We never had to worry about anything because we knew Amy was on it. The food was delicious and the bartender was fantastic! The wedding was at sunset on April 2nd, the sunset was spectacular making cocktail hour and the wedding photos looking southwest absolutely breathtaking. I would very highly recommend Amy and Ancala to every bride and groom. It's a no brainer really.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

It was so much fun to work with you and Lara. Thank you for trusting Ancala with such a special day.

Gail · event on 03/30/2018

I had a Passover dinner on Friday night at Ancala. Stephanie at reception was so friendly and helpful. She suggested I speak to Amy about doing a dinner. From the moment I spoke to Amy until the dinner was over, there are not enough words to express how outstanding she was at planning our entire event. The table looked beautiful and the food was outstanding. Whatever we needed or wanted was no problem. The wait staff was incredible. So friendly and nothing was to much. Thanks again to everyone who made this night so special. Ancala is very fortunate to have Stephanie and Amy.
    Thanks again
    Gail and David Abrams

Sent on 04/08/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Gail, we are so fortunate to have you and David as Members! I hope you have a fun and safe summer. I look forward to planning the next party when you return.

Gretchen · event on 03/21/2018

Ancala hosted our high school hockey sports banquet. It was beautiful and we couldn’t have asked for anything better. Food, venue, staff were all amazing!!!!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Thank you Gretchen! It was a pleasure to work with you and Marie. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Missy · Married on 03/17/2018

I am an event coordinator and I planned my sisters wedding that was held at Ancala. It was an amazing experience and Amy was so easy to work with! I will definitely use them again!

Sent on 05/23/2018
    Ancala Country Club 25
    Ancala Country Club 26

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Missy, it was so great to work with you. It was amazing how quickly the plan came together. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

margaret · Married on 11/17/2017

I am so happy we chose to have our wedding at Ancala Country Club. Amy was the best, she made us feel welcome and went above and beyond to make our day special. the views and photos spots were to die for. I highly recommend Ancala for your wedding or any party. This venue will not disappoint, we looked at serveral venues and Ancala was the most beautiful and Amy was so helpful through the whole process. The staff that served dinner and bar were outstanding, our food was delicious, and we couldn't be happier. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone at Ancala for letting us have the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Ancala Country Club 27
    Ancala Country Club 28
    Ancala Country Club 29
    Ancala Country Club 30

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Margaret, it was a true pleasure to work with you and Cory! Since you have both worked in the service industry, it means all that much more that you were pleased with your experience at Ancala.

Nancy · event on 11/10/2017

Amy McKee was awesome at helping me put together a wonderful party for my husband's 80th Birthday. She walked me through the on-line invitation process, helped me chose the best appetizers, main courses, and beverages. She personally drove a long distance to get us the perfect birthday cake. Her connections to our DJ/entertainment and our photographer were also outstanding. I don't know how anyone could have done a better job than Amy did for us and she was a delightful person with whom to work.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2017

What really sold us on choosing Ancala for our wedding was the coordinator Amy. Amy really showcased the venue and gave us a sense that we were completely in control - she was just there to execute our vision. Our night went wonderfully and it wouldn’t have without her. I highly recommend Ancala, the grounds are gorgeous and the courtyard with the gazebo was perfect for our ceremony. The food provided for our night by their culinary staff was some of the best we’ve ever had! I wish I could give 10 stars!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Ancala Country Club 31
    Ancala Country Club 32

Tricia · Married on 11/03/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better place to get married. It was beautiful and Amy was amazing with answering questions and putting all my worries to rest. She gave us exactly what we wanted for our special day! I would recommend this country club to anyone that's having a wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Tricia, you and Robert were so great to work with! Kind, organized and decisive! It was truly a pleasure. Thank you for trusting Ancala with such a special day. Can't wait to see the photos.

Paulina · Married on 10/15/2017

Amy McKee was AMAZING, and a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process! She was attentive, flexible and detailed from beginning to end. The venue is gorgeous and the food service/bar staff fell right in line with the service we were accustomed to from working with Amy.

Amy was our wedding planner; unfortunately she had an off site event to manage the weekend of our wedding, so Dusty stepped in and oversaw our walkthrough and ceremony/reception. Dusty was just as accommodating as Amy. From last minute ceremony changes to the grand entrance, Dusty made sure everything was flawless!

The day of our wedding was so simple and stress free due to Amy’s flexibility and attention to detail that I found myself worrying about how smoothly everything was going. Needless to say, my worries were unwarranted! Due to Amy’s preplanning and (AGAIN) flexibility, our 3rd party vendors had no issues getting in (as the country club resides within a gated community) and performing there duties. The Italian buffet was FANTASTIC and our guests made sure to let us know!

THANK YOU to Amy and Dusty for making our wedding day even more amazing than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Ancala Country Club 33

Ancala Country Club's reply:

It was so great to work with you and Brian. It was fun to have the quick planning and to see how your wedding evolved into a beautiful evening. Thank you for trusting Ancala with such a special celebration!

Melissa · event on 09/10/2017

This was a beautiful venue with impeccable service and delicious food. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 09/11/2017