An Extraordinar Limousine Inc. Reviews

114 | Glen Burnie, MD

114 Reviews for An Extraordinar Limousine Inc.

1 User photo

• teenybug2000

Christine · Married on 06/05/2010

We reserved a shuttle bus to bring the wedding party and guests back and forth from the hotel to the wedding. An Extraordinar Limousine was great! I paid them in full with check before hand, they showed up on time, they dealt with my crazy drunk relatives, and ensured everyone had fun! I had made a schedule for the shuttle and they squeezed in a few extra runs I think due to the volume. They allowed me to split the time and save some money by not having a shuttle during the first part of the ceremony and reception. That was great! Sometimes they are hard to get a hold of by email, but eventually it all got sorted out. It was all stress free for me, thank you!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Liz · Married on 08/22/2009

Limo driver was fantastic - above and beyond what I expected. Had two umbrellas and got each person in/out of the limo church, and reception individually, so that they didn't get wet. Came into the church to help arrange my train and make sure I was ready as I was walking down the aisle. Outstanding.

Sent on 09/10/2009

Meryl · Married on 02/06/2009

Extraordinar Limousine were great to work with.We booked a Chrysler 300 and it came with champagne and flowers.Our driver was very professional and helped me in and out of the limo in my dress.We were pleased with the service!

Sent on 05/22/2009
  • Q

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2009

I was initially nervous because my e-mails weren't always answered quickly and the cost was so much less than other companies quoted. However, I had no need to be nervous! The driver was there early, called to let me know he was there, did all the scheduled drop-offs and pick-ups, and was courteous and helpful throughout. Great value!

Sent on 01/10/2009

John A. · Married on 04/23/2016

My wife and I heard about Extraordinair at a wedding expo in London Town and Gardens. A rep from Hampton Inn was there and said Extraordinair would offer a discounts dependent on the number of bookings made at the Hampton Inn. While this was a nice deal, we wanted to check out the transportation options at their location. We contacted Ruth Toomey who invited us to Extraordinair's location in Glen Burnie. We were able to see the larger transportation options, all very well maintained and clean, inside and out. We must have had several dozen questions for Ruth. She was very knowledgeable and responded quickly, if any questions were asked via email. Ruth worked with our wedding coordinator with the schedule. The drivers were accurate with their times and one of the drivers even gave us a wedding card!! We couldn't have asked for a better experience with a transportation company. Thank you, Extraordinair!!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Erika · Married on 05/18/2012

We had a towncar transport my husband and I from our venue to our house after our wedding. the driver was very friendly and punctual. however, we had to give him directions to get to our house; which just seemed odd since we gave the company addresses weeks in advance. this wouldn't keep me from using them again and i would recommend them.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Leslie · Married on 12/08/2012

4.2
      3.5

They were on time, easy to get a hold of. Only problem I had was the limo driver demanding a copy of a credit card when I purposely made sure this was done so I didn't have to worry about it on my wedding day. He wouldn't believe me that I already took care of it and didn't want to leave the hotel. He eventually did, but it was still annoying because we were already late--because of the guys, not the limo.

Sent on 12/29/2012
  • O

Olga · Married on 05/23/2009

3.5

The company was great in working with me during Prom Season. They were always available to answer questions. We rented to 30-passenger buses and a Chrysler 300. The buses were on time. But the limo was like 30 minutes late. When pictures at the ceremony site took us over our 3 hours, the limo driver and bus driver waited and we were (luckily) not charged for any of the time that they were held longer. I would definately recommend them but I would recommend doing 4 hours instead of 3, in case pictures do take longer.

Sent on 06/09/2009
  • Ms. CiCi

Ciara · Married on 09/04/2011

An Extraordinar Limousine service did a good job. They provided a really nice limo and good customer service. They offered great prices in comparison to other limo companies in the area. My only issue was with the pick up time of myself (the bride). Although the driver picked up the groom and groomsmen on time he was slow to pick me and my bridesmaids up. It kind of caused everything to run a little behind, but in the end it all worked out. Overall I was satisfied with the service that I was provided.

Sent on 01/11/2012

3.8
      3.5

Great service, on time, and very friendly service. Recommended!

Sent on 05/18/2015

M · Married on 05/08/2010

3.8
      3.0

We used An Extraordinar Limousine for our wedding, and hired 2 shuttle buses and a town car. I knew that our arrangement was complicated, as we had each vehicle for a different amount of time, and multiple pickup locations, however I made sure to confirm the addresses and routes several times. During booking they were very responsive and willing to answer questions, as well as reasonably priced (during prom season). Each time I spoke with them I had to correct something they had written down wrong, but it wasn't a big deal as I knew we had a complicated arrangement and they made sure to correct each thing so that the final contract was exactly as planned.

The day of our wedding the shuttle was on time, but had no idea where he was going or what his schedule and route was supposed to be. We quickly informed him and as far as I could tell, he and the other shuttle successfully completed the rounds picking up guests and taking them to the ceremony on time. We had arranged for one shuttle to stay to take guests back to their hotels from the reception, and this shuttle was also on time and completed its job as according to the contract. The town car that picked my husband and I up from our reception however, either didn't know where he was going or hadn't mapped how to get there, and we had to give him directions when we realized he had just driven by the exit for our hotel. We could have done without that, as well.

Overall I'd say we were pleased that they were on time, moderately priced, and everything got done in the end, however it was pretty stressful after going over the routes and schedules prior to the day multiple times, to have to repeat it all to the shuttle driver who had no idea what was going on right before the wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2010
  • Brieana

Brieana · Married on 10/13/2019

3.4

Wedding transportation

We hired Extraordinar Limousine to provide us with a luxury shuttle bus and trolley for our wedding. They were timely, followed instructions, and provided safe transportation for our guests to, between, and from our hotel, ceremony venue, and reception venue. However, the company representative that we worked with was not very responsive and we often had to call/e-mail multiple times to get answers to our questions and to ensure that the services we were requesting were appropriately booked and instructions to the drivers clear. We felt like we really had to "babysit" this wedding vendor. Overall, less than ideal experience.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Taylor · Married on 04/25/2015

2.0

Overall, I had a decent experience with this vendor. Ruth, the woman I set everything up with initially, was excellent! She was very responsive to all my emails and answered all my questions very thoroughly. A few days prior to the wedding we had a minor miscommunication (of my own fault) that meant we would have one less shuttle than I had intended. Ruth quickly resolved the problem.

However, on the day of the wedding, I was called 30 minutes prior to the start of my ceremony by a woman named Sharon. Sharon told me that they were only able to fill 2 out of 3 of the shuttles & they were concerned about where the guests might be. While I appreciate being kept informed, it only served as unwanted stress right before the ceremony, especially since there was not a thing I could do about it. Our wonderful venues, Chesapeake Bay Beach Clu

Sent on 05/05/2015

Brittney · Married on 08/01/2015

3.0

We used Extraordinar to book a trolley for our wedding. Trolleys are very limited in the Baltimore City area and other companies are much more expensive. Their pricing was the most reasonable I found. Even after reading some poor reviews, I went with them and never had poor experiences with the ladies working in the office that I spoke to. My mother-in-law who was paying for this service also spoke with them on the phone and had pleasant experiences as well. We did not have any troubles with our payments or signing slips, or anything like that.
    What was unpleasant unfortunately was the call I received less than a week before the wedding day saying that the trolley broke down and had to be repaired and wouldn't be ready for our wedding. Luckily, thank goodness, they had a limo bus available for us to use that would still fit everyone. Our driver was kind and allowed us to bring a cooler on board.
    It was not the same, but I was grateful to still have something to get us from point A to point B. I still was missing the aspect of the trolley though and the pictures we missed out on.
    Afterwards, we were refunded $75. I personally don't think that was much or made me feel any better.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Krystle · Married on 10/04/2014

1.0

The woman I worked with to book the limousine was amazing. We had to do some last minute changes and she was very accomodating. The limousine itself was amazing. We had a 20 passenger Lincoln Navigator which was clean and well stocked. But the driver was HORRIBLE! My first pick up was at 2pm, the driver was on time, he was nice and personable, but around 9pm that all changed. Let me first say that I booked the limo until 11pm. He came up to me, THE BRIDE, around 9pm by repeatedly saying my name while I was in a discussion with one of my guests, and then asked me, 'Am I going to be doing overtime because my boss called and wants to know when the car will be back?' REALLY?!?! I PAY YOU FOR THAT!! Plus, he knew beforehand that overtime was a possibility. And then while I was trying to say my goodbyes for the evening, he AGAIN interupts a conversation to show me the time on his phone. Seriously, he took out his phone and put it in my face to let me know I had 15 minutes. He was done for the night and he wanted to go home so he was just plain rude. Oh! He also bummed cigarettes off my guests! My bridesmaid put him in a photo with us, which was unnecessary and unprofessional on his part. Trust me, its hard to say no when you are being pulled in 50 places at once. The company itself is great, just dont book Clifton.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 05/18/2012

3.0

I used this vendor for both my bachelorette party and wedding. They did a great job with the bachelorette party but with the wedding not so much. The drive was 20 minutes picking up which caused a snowball effect of everything else running late. He told us he was late due to traffic, but when my mom called to complain while on my honeymoon she found out that he called the office and advised them that we weren't ready when he arrived! Which means he called prior to getting to my house to try and cover his behind! Then there was no champagne which he tried to say it was his first day and he knows nothing about stocking the vehicle. We were supposed to have just married flags and we didn't even have them. Very poor service from them on the day of my wedding. They however were willing to give us a credit for the mishaps.

Sent on 06/04/2012
  • Dex

Dexter · Married on 05/07/2011

2.8
      0.5

Although the Limo was beautiful. The driver was rude, he cursed at my 15 year old bridesmaid because we were running a little late. I would never

Sent on 05/31/2011

Donna · Married on 10/16/2010

2.8
      1.0

I specifically asked for a just married flag and it was no included. I even reminded the woman who called to confirm my reservation. The limo was clean and comfortable. The driver arrived just on time. He did good opening doors for us. Going downtown, he went the wrong way on the highway and had to turn around. He made a few of my friend feel uncomfortable. They asked what he does while he is waiting for his passengers and his response was inappropriate. His demeanor with a few of my friends was very unprofessional and he complained that he was hungry a few times. He almost backed into some pedestrians but we made it out alive!

Sent on 10/19/2010

2.6
      2.0

The booking process went well. I worked with Nancy and she was very helpful in providing quotes and information and was very responsive over the phone and email. I ended up reserving a shuttle bus for transportation between the hotel and the wedding/reception venue. Although, the policies were not clear on payment. I pre-paid with credit card over the phone a few days before the wedding and thought everything was settled. On the day of the wedding, the driver informed me that I needed to produce the credit card. Of course, I did not have the credit card on me, so that was stressful and we had a bit of a verbal back and forth. I ended up sending a family member to my house to get my credit card during our photography session. Also, the driver arrived early and I felt that he was pressuring me to start the service early. He called 20 minutes before the pick up time to let me know he was there, and he said yes, I am at the "green hotel". I didn't know what color the hotel was, so I just repeated the name and address to him. He was at the wrong hotel, which turned out to be fine since the other hotel he was at was only a few minutes away. So a few bumps along the way that had me muttering to myself. The bad definitely outshine the good and unfortunately I can't give a better review. The rest of the night went well, according to my guests.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Catherine · Married on 07/02/2011

2.4
      0.0
      1.5

I booked An Extraordinar Limousine approximately 9 months before my wedding. My mom, mother-in-law and I went to the site and looked at different limousines until we found the exact one that I wanted on my wedding day. It was a white, stretch Cadillac Escalade with a "VIP" couch area in the back and lights on the floor and ceiling. We needed a large limo to accommodate us and our large bridal party, and the red and blue lights were perfect for 4h of July weekend and our military wedding. The limo with the VIP area was also picked because my dress was quite large and the rounded couch in the back was perfect to accommodate my new husband and I.

We worked with Shelby throughout the process and she was amazing. When I signed the contract and paid the deposit, the limo identification number was specifically written in my contract and I was *guaranteed* that the limo I saw that day would pick me up on my wedding day. I was very impressed with the company's service and the fact that they offered a military discount, which made the price slightly better than any other company that I researched. However, I was slightly disappointed that after I mailed a check with my final payment, google map directions, and a final wedding timeline more than 2 weeks before our wedding, I never heard back from anyone. I had to call a week before my wedding just to ensure that my money and information had been received. That was a little weird to me, but the company made it up by calling me and confirming everything the day before the wedding.

On my wedding day, the limo driver arrived 10 minutes late. (In his defense, he did call me.) I tried to not be frustrated because I know that traffic cannot be controlled, but it was aggravating that it occurred when I specifically told the person that called the day before my wedding that the ABSOLUTE latest I could be leaving my house was 2pm and the driver didn't arrive until just after 2:10pm. Either way, that wasn't the worst of it. As the videographer taped me getting into the limo and my bridesmaids carried my train behind me, the limo driver opened the door and my jaw dropped. I was HORRIFIED to find that the limo I booked, the one that was guaranteed, was not the limo that arrived to my house on the wedding day -- it was the other Cadillac Escalade. It may not seem like a big deal, considering that they fit the same amount of people, but the interior of the car and the feel of it is COMPELTELY different. The back seat is also a TINY half seat with a ghetto little seat behind it at a 90 degree angle that no normal person would ever sit in.

Infuriated and almost in tears, I called An Extraordinar Limo in hopes of speaking to Shelby. She was not available and I spoke to someone named Beth instead. When I told Beth the problem, she seemed more concerned with "calming" me down than rectifying the problem. When I told her the situation (on the drive to the church), she said that there was nothing she could do because the other limo had been sent to the other side of the bay bridge and wouldn't be back until 6pm. She said that it shouldn't be an issue because the limo fit the same number of people. I told her that I wanted to speak to the owner and Beth proceeded to put me on hold. After getting back on the line, she told me that there was nothing that they could do and that the owner offered to give me $100 back (1/8 of what I paid for the 4 hour time slot). I told her that it was unacceptable and that she needed to do something to fix the problem that they created. Can anyone say BREACH OF CONTRACT!?? After all, the OTHER limo was written into my contract just like the payments were. If I had not provided payment, I'm sure that there would be SERIOUS legal ramifications. Anyhow, when I told her how I felt and what I felt that she should do, Beth told me that I had two options -- 1) enjoy my special day and take the ride in the limo that came or 2) they could send the limo back to the shop. I personally took this as a threat and told her that despite the fact that she denied it. At that point we were at an impasse and I hung up to avoid ruining my wedding day with someone that obviously didn't care.

The only other issue that I had on the wedding day was that as soon as the ceremony let out, the limo driver went to my parents to ask them for the credit card that I used to pay for the limo. Are you kidding me?!? The driver went to the bride's parents while taking pictures to ask for a credit card from the bride!???? I paid by check more than two weeks in advance which should have covered everything. That was absolutely unacceptable and inappropriate on the driver's behalf. Other than that, and the fact that the driver did not follow road signs to enter the church (he came in through a clearly marked exit and literally backed into his spot in front of the church entrance -- it was so embarrassing), the driver did a good job and was very polite and professional.

When I returned from my honeymoon, I immediately called the owner of An Extraorindar Limousine to make him aware of the situation. To my complete surprise, he had never been informed of what happened on my wedding day. What a shock -- Beth lied about speaking to the owner! Either way, he seemed shocked that something like this would happen. His assistant called me the next day to tell me that my credit card would have a $250 credit on it. While it's better than nothing, I still expected more. Yes, I did still have a ride in a limo of the same make/model that I wanted on my wedding day, but the fact of the matter is that there was a breach of contract. At the very least I expected half of my money back or a free limo ride at the time of my choice in the car of my choice. I did not need this stress on my wedding day and I did not need to spend the drive to the church talking to someone who lied to me and didn't seem to care too much. This is a limo company whose sole purpose is to rent limo's out and send them with drivers -- how is it that they messed up their only job? Their job is to look at the contract and follow it. Everything was spelled out exactly as it should have been and I have no idea how such an oversight could have occurred.

I highly recommend doing your research before hiring a limo company. I gave this company a 0.0 for quality of service because they obviously did not pay attention to detail and follow through with their contract. The 1.5 for professionalism was mainly because of my phone call with Beth on the wedding day and the driver asking for a credit card.

I wish I had better things to say, but these are the facts.

Sent on 07/21/2011
  • ambs0527

Amber · Married on 08/08/2010

2.2
      0.5
      1.0

There were no problems with the arrival to the CBBC, it was the departure from CBBC that was in my opinion embarrassing.

First, my parents had extended our reception until 11pm and Extraordinar Limousine was notified of this a week before and sent a final confirmation outlining this timeline. However, on the night of our wedding, the bus driver was telling guests that the last shuttle over to the hotel was at 10:30 not 11pm. Several guests approached my husband worried that they were going to miss the last shuttle.

We also had a Lincoln town car drive us to our hotel in downtown Annapolis. When we got into the car it was extremely hot with no air condition running, while our luggage was being loaded into the trunk. We both had sweat pouring down our faces and rolled down the windows for some air. The driver then got in the car and drove away trying to fix the air conditioner the whole time. While driving he ran a red light because he wasn't paying attention while trying to get the air conditioning to work. Needless to say we were both uncomfortable the entire drive to our hotel.

Thankfully we arrived fine, but the whole experience was unnecessary. My parents were partially reimbursed but still I could not recommend this company to anyone on their wedding day.

Sent on 11/07/2010

2.2
      2.5

Think twice before contracting with this service vendor. This vendor did not review or inform us of any limitations with the limousine BEFORE our event. We were driven way past our church, not dropped off in front of the church, and were not taken to the location we requested. This caused doubts in our mind about the service. It caused unnecessary delays for pictures and arriving at the reception. The bridal party had to hike up many steep steps and back down again, causing injury to their feet and ankles.
    Although the contract provided for extended time and our credit card information had been provided the driver detained the bride and groom on arrival at the reception badgering them for payment. This was unprofessional and tainted the occasion.
    Following up after the event with the company, we were not able to talk with the owner, the office manager was the only individual we were allowed to talk to. We were reminded of the contract terms and made to feel that the driver had every right to leave the bridal party at the end of the initial contract hours, and to not drive where requested. This is not the service one should receive for a special occasion. The company's view of our unsatisfaction was that they delivered per the contract and they went over and above by staying with the bridal party, and that the drive has the right to get payment on the spot.
    Be careful with the company use choose. Ask them to tell you the route they will take to your destinations. Ask them if the vehicle you selected has any limitations with the locations you are using. Be VERY specific with where you want to be dropped off and get their acknowledgement that they can take you there with the vehicle you selected.
    We were disappointed with the lack of customer concern expressed and how the driver acted affected our bridal party, especially the bride and groom.

Sent on 09/09/2014
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/11/2019

1.8

Do not hire

We utilized An Extraordinar Limousine Inc. for our wedding and would not recommend them to future couples. We contracted An Extraordinar Limousine to provide transportation for our bridal party, as well as transportation to/from our wedding hotel for guests. We had no issues with the shuttle transportation for our guests, but encountered several issues with the trolley rented for our bridal party. The trolley was an hour late to pick up our bridal party from the hotel, losing an expensive hour of our photographer’s time. We were told that our driver was stuck in traffic from an accident that was out of their control. After finally arriving at our hotel, our driver navigated to Fells Point where we were meeting our photographer for family portraits. Our driver drove like this was his first day on the job; incredibly slowly, down the smallest roads, and with little regard for the time we had already lost with our photographer. Following our photos, we returned to the trolley to find our driver eating McDonalds. He then insisted on navigating us the wrong way through the city to get to our wedding venue. It took several individuals from the area to convince him to ignore his GPS and choose the shorter route, so we were able to get to our wedding on time. At that point, one of our groomsman sat in the front seat to guide the driver to the site where we needed to be. Prior to arriving at the venue, one of the AC units of the trolley leaked a massive amount of water from the ceiling onto my father-and-mother-in law. It was absolutely terrible!
    Following the wedding, we contacted the company to complain and express our frustration with their services. I was told that the driver’s navigation issues were MY FAULT because I had not given then an exact address for our photos until the day of the wedding. I was then told to expect to receive a call back from the manager. Within the next week, I called several times without a return phone call. At that point, my husband called and again was told to expect a return call from the manager. Again, weeks and no return calls later, we were finally told that we could receive a $250 refund for the leaking AC unit on the trolley, which we chose to not accept.
    In reading other reviews (in hindsight), it appears that this is a pattern for An Extraordinar Limousine. They are fine to work with, unless there is any issues, in which they take ZERO responsibility
    I would never use again and would never recommend.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2018

1.8
      1.0

Driver poops at my house

Ok you read that correct our driver showed up and immediately asked to use the bathroom. He pooped. I know a poop vs a pee and when your in the bathroom for more then 5 minutes your going #2! RUDE! He was late! Our limo was dirty! Our driver said do not touch any glasses they haven’t been cleaned! What the heck? Then we proceeded to go to the nail salon (my 11year olds birthday party) the driver walks in and asks how long we were gonna be because he was hungry!!!! (He pooped out all his food at my house!) so disgusting! Shirt untucked, sloppy mess! Didn’t open our door etc. hounded me for cash and said his employer was worried when they had my card info on file! I called and requested they run my card bc he was rubbing me the wrong way with wanting cash so badly. This gentlemen was far from professional! Needless to say the night goes on and we ended up getting lost, backing into two ditches!! Went don’t the wrong way on a street in reverse for quite some time!! This guy couldn’t drive and needed a new career! Oh and after getting lost the office has decided to charge my card and keep the money they said would be a courtesy for such a fowl driver!!! I’m currently awaiting a call from the manager after a week of no communication or even mentioning they were not going to refund me now and yet suspect that i was just out joying riding! Ummm no your driver was horrible and I can say that even our 11 years old (6 of them) were saying how goofy he was and laughing bc he pooped at our house!!! He thought all would be well and he would be tipped by crying in my driveway but that was the only time he was remotely forgiving of his complete mess! The whole night was excuse after excuse! With a different driver and a clean limo I’d be willing to bet it would be a much better experience!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Clay · Married on 11/11/2020

1.6

Please don’t...

Warning-Please do not use this service. I never write reviews and now I’m trying to make your wedding day better by avoiding this company.

The owner who supposedly drove the limo with my fiancé at the time and both of my in-laws to the venue on Kent island was very unprofessional. Showed up with a backseat full of glitter! Gave attitude when asked to wipe it up nicely! Refused to try and go another route. Made sny comments as he sat in traffic (I thought it was a customer service company!)
    Due to his rudeness and supreme knowledge of the roads, since he has been driving for so long in the annapolis area, (something jack referenced many times during the trip) my wife and her parents were the ONLY people late to the ceremony. Refused to try and find an alternate route!! ONE HOUR late might I add...even though the limo left 20 minutes earlier than the buses and other guests enroute to the wedding from the same location in downtown annapolis.

***If you’re planning a wedding and using a transportation service of any kind, PLEASE ENSURE THEY DO NOT CONTRACT OUT to “an extraordinar limo service”

Sent on 11/11/2020