Amy Sims Photography Reviews

Amy Sims Photography 5
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Iwamoto · Married on 08/25/2019

Thoughtful, Personal, and Extremely Talented

I am myself a photographer so I was very particular about who we hired. Amy ticked all of our boxes and more. Not only is she a technically great photographer she is a truly gifted artist. She takes the time to get to know her subjects and what they're looking for. She works hard and goes the extra mile to make sure she's getting everything the client asked for and everything the client didn't know they wanted. Amy clearly cares a great deal about her work and her subjects. She goes above and beyond expectations and does everything she can to make her services are worth every penny and makes her clients feel special. We feel so blessed to have found Amy amongst the endless list of wedding photographers out there. Hire her! You won't regret it.

Amy Sims Photography 6
    Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Chari

Chari Cayanan · Married on 05/26/2019

Capturing Truly Human Moments

I went through dozens of blind portfolio tests and I gravitated to Amy's photos every single time! Her style is unique, perfectly capturing the candid and human moments, while beautifully immortalizing all of the details. Amy listens to your wants and really goes the extra mile to capture your vision. She's fun, and easy to work with, and we all felt comfortable just being ourselves.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Maya

Maya Moed · Married on 05/05/2019

Amazing to work with (planned from out of town)

The most important vendor for me to get right was my photographer. I wanted a person who would be a calming presence during what could have been a stressful family portraits situation, considering the size of my family and my husband's family, someone who would make us both feel comfortable in front of the camera, and someone who would be able to capture genuine moments during our wedding, knowing that the day goes by so fast. It was also really important that every vendor be flexible to work with us from out of town, as our wedding was in New York, but we live overseas.
    Amy truly checked off all of those boxes. From our very first skype meeting with her (she was super flexible in working with us over skype from the other side of the world) we knew she was the photographer for us. We loved that Amy's photography style was very candid, and captured genuine moments.
    On the day of, Amy was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made us feel comfortable, handled our parents' last minute wants (thank you amy!) and most importantly did an absolutely incredible job of capturing the excitement, love, happiness and overall amazing feeling of the day.
    I would 100% recommend Amy Sims

Amy Sims Photography 20
    Amy Sims Photography 21
    Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Shelley

Shelley · Married on 12/02/2017

Stop looking. Amy is the winner!

I cannot believe how lucky we were to have Amy Sims Photography there to immortalize our favorite day! I never realized how much there was to think about with wedding photos. Hoooooney is there a lot to think about! Amy kept me cool and collected. She helped me focus on what was most important and worked backward from there to ensure we captured all of our favorite moments.

Amy took our engagement pictures as well, and she was able to help my extremely camera-shy husband get comfortable with having his picture taken before the big day. The extra time and effort she took to get to know us and make sure we were happy before the wedding made all the difference in the world.

During the wedding, she had contingency plan after contingency plan and was quick to solve problems before I even noticed they existed. She must have donned a ninja suit at some point during the reception because Amy was able to catch some incredibly sweet and genuinely hilarious candid shots without making anyone feel like they were "on camera." I cannot recommend her enough. 10,000 stars!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Catherine · Married on 08/06/2016

Amy is very professional, patient, understanding and a beautiful photography artist. I could tell that she has a genuine passion for love stories and she was perfect at helping us define our wedding and engagement love story! She was accommodating with our ceremony & reception location difference and great at being flexible when the schedule inevitably changed

Sent on 08/26/2016
  • Heather

Heather Elimeliah · Married on 07/17/2016

Best Photographer Ever

Amy Sims is an amazing photographer. Her work is beautiful and she is a beautiful person inside and out. She is so good that we continue to ask her to shoot for us whenever possible. We met at a wedding and instantly wanted her to photograph our wedding. I told her as soon as I got engaged I would be contacting her and that’s exactly what happened. She has photographed our engagement shoot, our wedding, our pregnancy shoot, our daughter’s baby naming, our holiday pictures last year and she recently did our holiday pictures this year. We will continue to ask her to photograph us. She is the best. She doesn’t just come and take pictures, she hangs out and is so much fun. My daughter loves her and had a blast playing with her at our recent holiday shoot at our apartment. She is very prompt with sending us the finished photos!!! I can’t stress it enough how much we LOVE Amy!!! If you are looking for a reliable, awesome, friendly and fun photographer, Amy Sims is your gal!!!

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/25/2016

If you are still looking for your wedding photographer, just stop and go talk to Amy now!!! The portfolio of work on her website speaks for itself. The gorgeous work that she samples there is absolutely what you can expect she will deliver for you. We fell in love with the bright, natural feel of her photos, how well composed the formal photos were (without looking too posed), and the really sweet and candid moments she seemed to have a knack for catching. The only thing left to figure out was how well we jived together! It mattered a lot to us that the person following us around all day asking us to smile was someone I was comfortable with. I'm pretty sure it only took about five minutes of our first Skype conversation for us to know that Amy was the one we wanted! She was just so sweet and personal, but also incredibly professional. And that feeling stuck throughout our entire year of working with Amy. Her responsiveness, attention to detail, and knowledge left us feeling assured that she had our photography work handled, no questions asked...which is a huge relief among the craziness of planning a wedding! But also, the entire time, we felt like we were talking to and dealing with a friend. And a really thoughtful one at that! There were personal touches that she put in along the way that brought tears to our eyes. Finally, suffice to say, we are obsessed with our wedding photos! They allowed us to relive our most distinct memories, as well as experience snapshots of all our friends and families enjoying the day with us. When you book Amy, you can guarantee that you will not only have amazing photos to capture the magic of your wedding day, but that you will thoroughly enjoy every step of the process.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Ha · Married on 05/02/2015

Amy did such an amazing job with our wedding! The photos turned out great and we couldn't be happier with them! Her attention to detail really shows in her photos. Amy has a great eye and ability to capture the moment. I was really impressed with her communication and the fact that she took the time to ask us about what we wanted and spent the time to research our wedding locations. She also helped with the scheduling of our wedding so that we had ample time for every moment of our special day. She really made everything less stressful and brought humor and fun to the photo taking process. My favorite pictures are the candid photos. She truly captured the moment. Every photo was beautiful and I will always cherish the memories from her wonderful photos. I highly recommend Amy for your wedding photographer. She knows what she is doing and will capture your special day in every way that you would dream of.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Shirley · Married on 06/23/2018

Amy's photography is all about capturing candid moments on your special day. We found her through Instagram. After going through her website and comparing her portfolio with some of the other artists, we decided she was the one! The reason we picked Amy was because we felt that her shots evoked great emotions. Ultimately, after the music turns down, your guests leave, your flowers wilt, it's only the emotional memorials that will stay with you forever. When we got our pictures back, we were also pleasantly surprised that her ability in taking still shots/family portraits is just as great. She took some really nice photos of our guests during the reception. When we forwarded the pictures to our guests, they were very happy, and felt special.

My family loves to take pictures. They would go out of their way to take a picture of me with their expensive cameras. Even though we did not pay for an assistant/second hand photographer, we felt that there were hundreds of helping hands in the room that day. So you can imagine how competitive Amy has to be in order to outsmart them, get ahead of them to capture me and my husband. There were moments when my family was taking pictures at the same time as Amy, and I kept yelling, look at Amy's camera ONLY please. Amy was very easy to work with, she just went along with it, it was great.
    Amy's aesthetic talent and passion will definitely meet your expectations.

Amy Sims Photography 22
    Amy Sims Photography 23
    Amy Sims Photography 24
    Amy Sims Photography 25
    Sent on 09/30/2018
  • Brenda

Brenda · Married on 09/22/2017

Amy was fantastic and her skills are through the roof.

Sent on 12/07/2017