Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup Reviews

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 7
  • Nancy

Nancy Isberg · Getting married on 08/01/2020

Awesome experience All-around

Amy was awesome! She came to our hotel to do my hair and makeup for our elopement. We had a lot of fun chatting with her and I loved the way my hair and makeup turned out. She was awesome about sticking to my style and incorporating the flowers that meant so much to me. Amy helped make the day absolutely perfect! It was nice to find someone willing to do the hair and makeup for just one person! VERY highly recommended!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 8
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 9
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 10
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 11

Molly Orloff · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Amy is amazing!

I loved working with Amy for my wedding day styling and highly recommend her. Amy is super talented with both hair and makeup - I felt like the best version of myself! I have really curly hair and Amy worked my curls into a half up-do with a head piece that totally emphasized my natural curls, exactly what I wanted. My makeup was natural feeling and looking and stayed on all night long. The two additional stylists that came with Amy were very talented as well, the bridal party & mom's loved their hair and makeup. Above all, Amy is an absolute joy to be around and she made wedding day styling fun and enjoyable!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Summerbride77

Katherine · Married on 07/07/2019

Fantastic Hair and Makeup Artist: talented, friendly, easy to work with

Amy was amazing to work with it. From doing hair and make-up for my boudoir shoot to my trail to my wedding day, she captured what I was looking for and was responsive to feedback. I adored my wedding day look and cannot wait until we get our photos back so I can show it off more (I'll post the non-pro photos I have) In addition to myself, she did hair for all the women in our wedding party and hair+makeup for both of our mom's. Everyone was impressed, looked beautiful, and had a great time. Would 100000% reccomend Amy for any Bride.

My hair and makeup help up GREAT through the entire day, including a choreographed first dance and a long night on the dance floor.

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 12
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 13
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2019

Everything was flawless

I really can’t sing enough praise about Amy. I was nervous about letting someone else take care of my makeup and hair - I’m very particular and wasn’t sure someone else could make me look the way I wanted. The first hair/makeup run was great and I HIGHLY recommend doing a trial. My hair did not want to cooperate and ended up looking like a big poof ball - which is great, because this helped Amy figure out what we needed to do on the day of the wedding to give it some volume without too much ‘poof’. My makeup was lovely but, even though I made suggestions and told her what I did/didn’t like as we were going along, it just didn’t feel like me. The problem was mostly that I had picked a bold color choice that just didn’t fit me very well. So I booked a second makeup trial so that I could try something else - that time we were really able to nail what looked good and what to do for the wedding! All the while, Amy was very pleasant and open to changes/suggestions. Trust me, she can’t read your mind, so if something doesn’t look right or you want to do something yourself (I did my own eyebrows), say something! She’s there to make you look great and isn’t upset if you want something different or want to do something yourself.

The day of the wedding went very smoothly except I kept asking for contouring and it didn’t look right. Turns out, I actually wanted “bronzing” - ladies, if you’re like me, and not a makeup expert, look up the terminology! It’ll save you some frustration. In the end, we figured it out and my makeup came out amazing; she was a champ at handling me being so particular. My hair was gorgeous. And my mom and all of my bridesmaids were equally impressed by Amy and her assistant. Some of their thoughts:

“The makeup artists were pretty respectful of those of us that didn't want super heavy makeup. And they handled any nervousness or particularliness from the Bride very well. :) They were very comfortable to work with.”

“I loved my hair and make-up and she did my hair exactly the way I envisioned it!! The make-up was really nice and not too much.”

In summary, Amy is amazing at listening to what you want and bringing it to life! I’d hire her again in an instant. She made everyone feel very comfortable and at ease, and I looked absolutely beautiful for our wedding!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 14

Elizabeth · Married on 05/18/2019

Amy did my makeup for my engagement photos. She did a beautiful job! It was super convenient that she came over to the house.

Sent on 03/08/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 15

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thanks, Elizabeth! The snow was so perfect for your shoot, the photos are beautiful! Give the east coast a hello for me :)
  • Reese

Reese · Married on 04/12/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Working with Amy was the best decision I could’ve made for my wedding. She was very prompt with all of her correspondence with me and she even shared extra tips and tricks to have great skin and hair for the wedding day. When the salon she had booked for our trial was double booked, she was so apologetic and came to my house free of charge. On the wedding day, Amy and her assistant Torrey made me, my mothers, and my mother in law so comfortable and so gorgeous. I changed up the makeup look I wanted last minute, but Amy was so flexible and gave me my exactly hair and makeup vision. If you’re having a wedding, definitely go with Amy because you won’t regret it!

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 16
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 17
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 18
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 19

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Reese, thank you so much! Torrey and I had a blast laughing with you and all the moms last week! You looked like a dream
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Experience!!

Amy did a phenomenal job in so many ways!! She arrived early, embraced & thrived in the wedding day chaos, she was very professional but so SO personable, listened to all of our different requests, took her time & cared about all of our hair/makeup but still got everybody done in a timely manner. I could not recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 20
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 21
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 22
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 23
  • Sara

Sara Baker · Married on 10/08/2018

The best!!

You need Amy to work her magic on your hair and makeup! She did a brilliant job on both.
    I don’t wear a lot of makeup and I’ve had many artist in the past still apply heavy makeup after i tell them this. Amy did such a perfect job listening to my wants and bringing it to life better than anyone I’ve worked with!
    And the hair... dreamy! I chose to add the extension rental at the last minute, and it was the best decision! It gave me all the volume I was looking for and more. It also snowed pretty good on our wedding day and my hair held up amazing well and even looked great after being all wet from snow!
    Basically Amy added so much magic to my day and you need her for yours... like now!
    Added bonus, she is so easy to talk to and our conversations helped keep my mind off the nerves. I felt like I had known her for yeare!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 29
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 30
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 31

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Sara, thank you! Your wedding was genuine magic
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/22/2018

Amy was so awesome! She did my hair and makeup for my big day. She is so easy going and definitely put my nerves at ease. My hair and makeup were absolutely flawless, just what I envisioned. She knows exactly what shes doing! If I was getting married again I would pick her over and over!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you Rachel!! I loved spending the morning with you and your maids, and your son had such great manners! Best wishes!

Kelly · Married on 09/20/2018

Amy was amazing! Not only did she do a super job of the hair and makeup, but she makes you feel comfortable like you've known her forever! She came right to the house we stayed in which was so convenient on an important day when you have so much going on. The best part was after she was all done, she took extra time to stay and hang out while we got ready and took pics of my husband seeing me in my dress for the first time (we eloped...only the two of us...so we drove to our ceremony site together)....so that was a great moment captured, too! I highly recommend Amy!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Kelly, thank you so much!!! I still think about your flower crown all the time, and your special touches on your boots. Your elopement was one for the books!
  • Genevieve

Genevieve · Married on 09/15/2018

Amy and her additional artist, Torrey, did such an incredible job on our hair & makeup! Everyone felt comfortable showing their inspiration photos and both artists did a great job executing our visions - or if they thought a certain style may work a bit better, they encouraged us to try it out.

My hair and makeup held up all day (and night) - and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out! Beyond her professionalism, Amy is just a joy to be around - she fit in great with the entire group of girls and we had a great time. I would highly recommend Amy for your wedding day! You won't be disappointed :-)

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 32
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 33
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 34

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Genevieve! You and your gal pals were so sweet, Torrey and I loved spending the morning with you! Best wishes to you and Ian
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 08/25/2018

Amy and her team were AMAZING to work with!!! From my trial to the day of I felt so taken care of and comfortable with Amy's level of expertise and intuition. She custom makes the foundation so it matches your complexion exactly and looks flawless in person and in pictures. My favorite part about working with Amy is her extension rental program. As a girl with thin short hair I have always had extreme insta-envy when I see all of those full buns and braids, but with Amy's extensions she was able to create the mountain mermaid braid of my dreams! Amy is the best!!!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you, Isabelle! Who says mermaids can't live in mountain rivers?! You and your bridal party were one for the books, it was such a pleasure to work with you!

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

Amy made my hair and my bridesmaids' hair so beautiful for my wedding. She is fun to work with, responsive and overall did a fantastic job. I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you, Rachel! Beaver Creek was so beautiful on your wedding day, I bet the drizzle made for some great photos! Best wishes <3

Mandy · Married on 08/08/2018

Amy was amazing! I cannot say enough great things about her. She was extremely accommodating, prompt, responsive and flexible. Her personality is fun and makes you feel like you've been friends for years. She really listens and cares about what you want and will go out of her way to make sure you are happy.
    To give you an idea of her quality of hair and her flexibility:
    I had a mountain sunrise wedding, Amy came to our house at 2:15am to do our hair.
    Once our hair was looking perfect, my now wife and I hiked up/down a mildly windy mountain for 1.5 miles. We were outside in the mountains until 12pm and we didn't need any hair adjustments at all.
    Overall, we had the best experience with Amy and would hire her in an instance again.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

You ladies were AWESOME. If I had to spend the wee hours of the morning with anyone, I'm glad it was you! Shoot me a note if you end up in the Raleigh area - I'll grab a drink with ya when I go visit my parents!

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

I was so glad to have Amy Merritt on my wedding day. She's fun, listened to my requests, and is a very talented hair and makeup artist. My wedding day was hot (in the low 90's) with the sun beating down on us. My makeup didn't budge, even when I started to tear up. The ribbon she wove through my hair turned out just the way I wanted it, even though she said she had never done something like this before. Thanks Amy for making me feel beautiful!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! I loved that I got to do something different and you and your sisters were such a joy to work with!

Lisa · Married on 07/08/2018

Amy was such a joy to work with! She was very conscious of how I wanted to look on my wedding day. Great attention to detail. Her personality really added to the experience! I wold definitely choose her again.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Lisa!! Your son was so sweet and excited, I just about lost it when I saw the photos of him walking you down the aisle! All the best to you, Pat, and the kiddos <3

Alima · Married on 07/01/2018

Amy is WONDERFUL, I am so happy that I found her! I was worried when I was searching for someone to do my hair & makeup, plus hair for my 5 bridesmaids. One of my bridesmaids, my sister, and I all have curly hair and all wanted to keep our hair natural, so that was an extra challenge for me in finding someone. As anyone with curly hair knows, finding someone who can make your natural hair texture look good can be really hard! Amy went above and beyond making sure everyone looked perfect! Plus, when one of the girls wasn't happy with the way her assistant had done her hair, Amy stepped in to fix it and it looked great. Also, Amy is super fun, very calming on your wedding morning, and loves puns almost as much as I do. Do yourself a favor and hire her!!

Sent on 07/15/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 35

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

You and your girls were such a great group to hang with! And all those natural curls were just killin me! You ladies have some gorgeous heads of hair. Hope your reception was FULL of dancing and puns! (I mean, if that doesn’t make for a good party then I don’t know what does.)
    Best wishes to you and David <3

Molly · Married on 06/16/2018

Amy was awesome, she did exactly what I wanted in terms of my hair and make-up. She was very receptive to the things I knew I wanted, but also able to guide me on the things I wasn't sure about (like eyelashes). She also was a great sport when I got nerves and my fiance (at the time) and I asked her to play wedding Madlibs with us! I wish I could fly her out to my two post-elopement receptions!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Molly! The MadLibs were hilarious, the house was ah-may-zing, and you and Keven were a dream! It was so wonderful to be part of your special day!

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2018

Amy did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. Amy was attentive to my requests, flexible and personable. She went above and beyond for my special day and for that I am grateful!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! The farm was beautiful and I don't think the weather could have possibly been better for a wedding. Best wishes!

Stephanie · Married on 06/09/2018

Amy was absolutely amazing! She was so easy to work with, flexible with her schedule, and made myself as well as my bridesmaids all feel beautiful on my wedding day. She had a last minute cancellation which allowed her to be able to do all my bridesmaids makeup (that I requested at the last minute) which they loved. I adored my hair and makeup! Amy took into account different aspects of things I liked and put them all together into the perfect look. I can’t speak more highly of her!

Sent on 07/03/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 36
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 37
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 38

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thanks so much, Stephanie! You and your ladies were wonderful, I hope you loved your Colorado trip!

Mikaela · Married on 05/26/2018

Amy was amazing and I would recommend her to anyone!! She was super patient with me during my trial and really listened to what I had envisioned. I had an outdoor summer wedding and it was HOT! But my hair and makeup lasted the whole night and I only needed to touch up my lipstick once (and she provides a complimentary touch-up kit). Not only did I love my hair/makeup, my all of my bridesmaids looked stunning as well. I highly recommend Amy!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Amy · Married on 05/26/2018

Amy was excellent to work with. She was professional, flexible, and fun. I got many compliments on my hair and make up. She was able to take my rather vague thoughts on what I wanted and turn then into something that looked way better than I imagined. Thank you!

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 39
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 40
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 41
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 42

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Amy! Your bridal party was such a funny group, I loved hanging out with you guys <3 Hope you and Kenny have had a blissful first week of marriage!
    - The Other Amy

Nidya · Married on 03/03/2018

I am just in Awe every time I look at my wedding pictures and look at my hair and makeup. Amy was wonderful from the time I messaged her with questions, to the final seconds leading up to the ceremony. She always responded to my emails quickly, she is very flexible and able to meet out of town costumers. She was very open to my makeup and hair request and also has a lot of options of makeup to work with. I definitely recommend Amy in a heart beat!

Sent on 04/18/2018
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 43
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 44
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 45
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 46
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 47
    Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup 48

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you, Nidya! I loved your makeup ideas, it was so much fun getting to play with some glitter! Hope Texas is treating you well <3

Alexandria · Married on 12/31/2017

Amy and her team did an amazing job for me and my large bridal party on NYE! Everyone had very different types/color/lengths of hair and all looked amazing. And curly haired girls- Amy knows how to handle curls! My 3a/3b curls looked amazed for my wedding. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Amy Merritt Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Ali! I loved turning up the New Years glam, and the big ol’ smiles you and Jack were wearing all night melted my little heart ❤️