86 Reviews for Amy Lynn Larwig- Makeup Artist

Makeup (20)
Hair (19)
Updos/Styling (19)
Fake Lashes (15)
Wedding Party Makeup (11)
Eye Makeup (11)
Licensed (2)
Blowouts (2)
Hair Extensions (2)
86 Amy Lynn Larwig- Makeup Artist Reviews

Amy was great. She met me outside of regular hours to accommodate me and did a fantastic job of both my hair and makeup. I went a little less than 5 stars on value because I had the same thing done in canada for less than half the price but after looking around nashville, she is within the normal range of that city.

Profile Picture Trish, 9/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy & team were absolutely amazing! My bridesmaids and myself loved our hair and makeup. I didn't even have to tell her much because she knew exactly what I wanted just by telling her a few things. Our beautiful hair and makeup lasted all night, even through sweating from the humidity :) Amy was super accommodating and so sweet. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy and her team are incredible to work with! She and her team have done the hair & make-up for my wedding as well as that of my two sisters. I could not recommend her more. They showed up on time, did everyone's hair very quickly and were even flexible enough to do a few extra folks (a total of ~20) despite the fact that we hadn't planned on it. Amy left me a touch-up kit for between the ceremony and the reception which allowed me to adjust anything that needed it, make-up-wise. It was invaluable.

Profile Picture Dhathri, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I hired Amy's team for my wedding day hair and makeup, and they also did the same for 5 other ladies (two moms, two sisters, and one friend). I had a trial with my designated HMUA ~2 months before the wedding and was nervous because I wasn't sure she would be comfortable creating a traditional Sri Lankan Hindu bridal style. No need to be nervous though because Anais is a rockstar. She was great at creating a style that was traditional, minimal (I'm not a big makeup person), and would work for an outdoor wedding. I actually used the trial for hair and makeup for our engagement photo shoot. For the wedding day, Anais and her assistant had to come to our place at 5 am (!) in order to get all of us (6 total with bride) ready by 9 am. They were professional, never complained, and worked their magic. It was calming to have them in the house. My mom was really anxious, and no one was able to calm her except for Anais! My makeup lasted through 4 hours of direct sunlight, a wardrobe change, and an afterparty (nearly 20 hours!). Absolutely love Anais, her personality, and style - definitely recommend her to all brides and especially to South Asian brides in the greater Nashville area.

Photos
Profile Picture Vidiya, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

This team is incredible! Anais did an amazing job at my trial helping look through all the inspiration pics I'd saved to find something that would work great for me, and then absolutely knocked it out of the park for the day of! All of my bridesmaids also got their hair and makeup done-- whether they wanted something minimal or a smokey eye, everyone felt beautiful and like themselves. Their package deal was absolutely perfect for our needs and budget. In addition to being incredible artists they were so easy to communicate with and showed up right on time and ready to go, and were so calm but efficient in getting everyone done up. One of our guests is even booking this team for her own wedding in the fall now. I can absolutely recommend her to all Nashville brides!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Tianna and Amy did an amazing job on all the bridal party's hair and makeup. I got so many compliments about how great my hair looked! Even my mother-in-law who has difficult hair and rarely has a good experience getting her hair done was very pleased. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy and her makeup attendants did hair and makeup for myself and my 12-person wedding party, including mothers and flowers girls. They were super chill, showed up on time, and were so speedy. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful, and they were super accommodating when our (17-year-old) flower girls decided that they wanted to get their makeup done that morning.

Photo for Amy Lynn Larwig- Makeup Artist Review - Picture taken by Sur la Lune Photography
Profile Picture Tina, 2/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup

Amy Lynn was truly a blessing! Weddings can be stressful, but working with her was always a joy. She did such a fabulous job with my wedding hair and makeup! I’m so grateful and highly recommend her! -Becky

Profile Picture Becky, 2/17/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling

I had the amazing opportunity of working with Amy Lynn as a wedding planning/coordinator and now as a bride!! I LOVE her! Her and her team and so responsive and always on time. As a wedding planner, I've seen her make-up and hair last all day and night, summer and winter, outdoor weddings, rainy days, anything. As a bride, I felt so taken care of and pampered. I have shoulder length hair, and totally trusted her to do whatever she wanted, and of course it was flawless and stayed all day long. I'm not a big make-up person, and she did exactly what I wanted. making me look like a princess!

I would hands down pick Amy and Associates again and again. As a wedding planner trusting someone that stays on time and always does an amazing job. As a bride. And as a friend. LOVE YOU GIRL!

Profile Picture Meagan, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy Lynn was great, very down to earth, easy going and honest in her recommendations. One of my favorite parts of my wedding day was sitting in her chair and and enjoying a little bit of peace in between all the wedding madness.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy Lynn did an absolutely fantastic job with our wedding.

When the makeup & hair artist we originally booked for the wedding had a conflict pop up, Amy Lynn immediately informed me and took over herself. She provided a complimentary second hair & make up trial, and ensured that I was very comfortable with my new arrangement well ahead of the wedding day.

On the day of the wedding she was timely and listened to the needs of each of my bridesmaids. She and her team were super sweet, making sure to work on each girl until they were beaming. I would recommend Amy Lynn to anyone - she was worth every cent and I am so happy I got to have her on my special day. She made everyone look and feel naturally beautiful!

Profile Picture User6966166, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

They did my daughter's wedding, 6 bridesmaids, mother-in-law, and the bride. The did all the girls hair and make-up and they looked Beautiful!
I would highly recommend her

Profile Picture carol, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy did a wonderful with my hair and makeup! She did exactly what I wanted and kept making sure I was alright with my look. I LOVED my hair and makeup and so did my girls! It lasted throughout the day and I was overly satisfied with how my hair and makeup looked in normal lighting and in pics. I am very happy I chose Amy and her associates to do my hair and makeup because I knew I didn't have to worry when it came to getting the look I wanted and felt beautiful with. They were on time and ready. I would definitely do
It all over again!

Profile Picture Vicki, 10/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I cannot say enough good things about this vendor! They were always quick to respond and it was so simple setting up my trial run. They even let my mother add a trial run last minute to make sure she would be comfortable with them doing her make-up the day of! My artist was Anais and she was so kind and did a phenomenal job! I'd never felt so beautiful than on my wedding day, and she was a big part in making me feel the way I did!

Profile Picture Janae, 9/30/17, 1 Review
1.4

I had Amy Lynn's team with me on my big day and it was a big mistake. First of all, when you hire Amy Lynn, you are not getting the work you see on the website. You are contracting assistants that go out for Amy Lynn that are nowhere near the quality that you see advertised. The makeup that is used is poor quality. I would send email and the response rate would be a week or so. The artists that did my bridesmaids makeup/hair were rude and not listening to certain requests they wanted. I would suggest paying a little more $ to get better service.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

Oh my goodness, where do I even start with how AMAZING it was to work with Amy Lynn and her team?! Well, lets start with the fact that I thought I had a HAMU artist confirmed for my wedding and then 3 weeks out I was left with trying to start all over and find a new artist team for my wedding day. :( Luckily, Amy Lynn was an absolute God send and came swooping in to save the day! She was very responsive and willing to work with me in my tight timeline and never once made me feel like I was an inconvenience or unimportant.

On the day of my wedding the whole team arrived and made a great addition to our conversations and celebration! It seriously felt like we had all been long lost friends! Every single one of my girls LOVED their hair and makeup and I truly believe ‘love’ is not a strong enough word for how excited I was about my own hair and makeup! :)

If you’re in the market for wedding day styling or even just a stylist for your next holiday party, look no further, because Amy Lynn and her team are the BEST! You’re not only gaining an amazing artist with years of talent but a friend!

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy Lynn and her team is great! As makeup is something I consider very personal and important on my wedding day, I was very apprehensive about making sure I found the right MUA. I'm so glad I found Amy. Amy is so friendly and welcoming and made me feel at ease throughout the entire process. She is the type of person that you would want to remain friends with even after the wedding day is over because she connects so well with her clients. Moreover, her makeup skills are top notch. She knows how to tailor makeup shades and techniques to each individual to ensure that each person has the right makeup for them. She is also super flexible and was responsive to my countless emails and calls. I have no regrets with Amy and I can't wait to get my wedding photos back because I looked amazing on my wedding day because of her!

Profile Picture Tabitha, 8/27/17, 1 Review
4.7

I booked Amy Lynn Larwig's team to do my bridesmaids' hair as well as my own hair & makeup for my wedding. I worked mostly with MJ (artist coordinator) and Chrissy (hair/makeup artist). Both were wonderful and very helpful! I ended up changing my hair style from what I tried in my trial run, and Chrissy was very accommodating. I would highly recommend booking this company.

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Just got married on July 4th.... Amy made me look like a dream. Hair and makeup on point!! Exactly what I envisioned myself looking like as a mountain bride. Amy made my day easy breezy. She had to travel 2 hours to my location and arrived right on time! Thank you Amy!! You were so much fun to work with!! Oh & mom loooooooved her braid!!! Everyone is still commenting on our makeup!!!!

Profile Picture Priscilla, 7/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I was so happy with Amy Lynn Larwig & Assoc. on my wedding day! Chrissy and 2 assistants did the hair and make up of my bridal party, my mom and my mother-in-law - and everyone looked fabulous! They also were able to get us all ready on time - which was terrific because we were on a bit of a tight schedule. Chrissy was also super sweet- I absolutely loved working with her on my wedding day! I hope I have another time to get all made up, because I would def want to use them again :)

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy was truly incredible, not just in skill, but in her professionalism and personality! She is such joy to work with, and she kept me calm and relaxed during a very stressful day. Amy made me look like the most beautiful version of myself. I did not want to look like a completely different person on my wedding day, and Amy brings out your own natural beauty while still making you feel glamorous. She listened to what I wanted and envisioned, and nailed it EXACTLY. She kept me laughing, and is willing to try out different looks with you at the run through. Also, if there is something you want to change about your look last minute, she happily obliges without making you feel guilty.
I give Amy and her team my highest recommendation, and I would absolutely work with her again!

Profile Picture Hannah , 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy was a total lifesaver and an absolute blessing!! We had to change our wedding date and I was forced to find a new HMU artist 2 months before the big day! Amy was available on my date and was even able to fit in a trial run!!!! She is so patient and was willing to try 3 different hairstyles during my trial run and was great at explaining to me why my hair (voted by Amy as most ill-tempered hair of the year) wouldn't do certain things. She even showed up on my wedding day with extra long bobby pins and other contraptions to make my hair behave!!!

For my makeup, she made me look like a bridal version of myself, not like a totally different person, which I loved. She let me make suggestions for my makeup (I wanted a brighter pink lip) but then was patient and kind when I realized that she was right and that her first pick of a more neutral lip was perfect. She came to the hotel on the morning of the wedding with all the stuff to make a wedding-day survival kit (extra lip gloss, powder, etc.) I couldn't love my hair and makeup any more. Amy is a wonderful person and an excellent artist and I would recommend her to every bride I ever talk to. Seriously. The absolute best!!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot put into words how happy I was that Amy provided my bridesmaids and me with hair and makeup services. Amy and Ashley went above and beyond to work with our location issues and ensure we were as beautiful as happy on my special day. We were all in awe of the work you both did, and I cannot wait to use your services again soon. For any bride concerned about finding the best hair and makeup artist, at a great price, and with some of the most friendly and proficient ladies around I sincerely hope you will contact Amy and the other amazing women she works with to make your day as perfect as mine was.

Best wishes,
Jessica

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy Lynn was phenomenal and my entire bridal party looked amazing!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

My stylist was great -- we had a trial run several months before the wedding, and I wasn't thrilled with how my hair turned out. But I found more/better pictures of what I wanted, sent those to her, and tried to explain via email. On the day of the wedding she made the adjustments that I wanted, and it ended up looking great. It still wasn't exactly as I had envisioned, but it was pretty good. Makeup was good too -- I wanted a very natural look, and she did it. MJ, the client coordinator, was very responsive via email setting everything up at the outset. He answered all of my questions and was very kind and prompt.

Profile Picture Ali , 5/27/17, 2 Reviews