Amy Little Photography Reviews

62 | Santa Rosa, CA

62 Reviews for Amy Little Photography

Adam Barnhart · Getting married on 11/06/2021

Great Photos! Very Professional! Highly Recommended!

Amy was great to work with! She captured some great moments and made the experience truly unforgettable.

I had planned the engagement as a surprise, but needed to reschedule last minute as the Kincade Fire prevented us from doing the shoot at our originally planned winery. Amy was very flexible about changing locations and arrived promptly to capture the special moment. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you, Adam! I'm so glad you found an alternative location to propose. It turned out to be just as beautiful and perfect! I'm so glad I got to be there!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Getting married on 05/23/2021

Amy is the ultimate dream-creator! We were very picky when it came to our photos. Our area has many amateur photographers who try to pass off as professionals with their expensive cameras... Amy was not one of them. She is everything and more when it comes to your special experience! We couldn't have imagined anything more for our pictures. She created memories for us that we are ecstatic to have for the rest of our lives! LOOK NO FURTHER THAN AMY LITTLE PHOTOGRAPHY!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Rachel! You and Brandon were dream clients to work with and I am so honored I got to document your story!
  • Casey

Casey Kraus · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Amy is the friend you never knew you needed at your wedding!

We first met Amy when she photographed my sister's wedding in April 2018. She is a blast to be around and helps make the entire wedding day more enjoyable. Not only is she a pleasure to hang out with, her photos are amazing! I could not have asked for a better photographer. Amy's photos are the perfect blend of perfectly staged moments and hilarious "bloopers". My entire family is trying to think of another event we can have just to invite Amy back! Hire Amy. You will not be sorry!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you, Casey and Derek! I loved the second Zimmerman wedding as much as the first! Y'all are the best. So don't be surprised if I sneak into the next family reunion ;)
  • Amy

Amy Harrington · Getting married on 08/03/2020

Wedding Photographer of Our Dreams

Amy captured the beauty of our special day and exactly how it felt to be there. We are still in awe of how beautiful our photos are! Not only are the pictures absolutely gorgeous, but Amy has the warmest, kindest, personality. We had an intimate elopement with some family members in our presence, and for a bunch of people not used to taking pictures, Amy made us feel super comfortable... like she was an old family friend. She took time to truly get to know my (now) husband and I before the event, which meant the world to us. The whole process with Amy has been an absolute pleasure.

Sent on 04/17/2020

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Amy & Moe! Photographing your elopement was a joy - thank you for letting me be a part of it! And I loved your family - they made it 100 times more special!

Preston Parry · Married on 12/01/2019

We picked the right photographer

We clearly picked the right photographer when we picked Amy Little. Look through her photos, and you'll find life, energy, vibrance. After looking at other photographers' photos, it was very clear who we liked the most.

Her website has a ton of info, galleries of past shoots, upfront pricing information, etc. Throughout the whole process it was very clear she was an experienced professional, knew exactly what she was doing, and could handle it all so easily she never added any stress to anything.

She was very willing to work with us on our particular plans. We started with a several-hour family hike in the rain and 20+mpph winds, and she was right at home in all of it. She scrambled up a steep and wet rocky slope at one point to get the right angle for a shot, and got everyone arranged in photogenic locales with good lighting. Our event was much more focused on movement and doing things, and her photos worked really well with that. We looked through her other photos though, and she seemed equally talented wtih still lifes, black and whites, and whatever else suited the different occasions. What really stood out though is how genuine all the photos felt- if you're looking for a bunch of photos where everyone lines up and says cheese and looks the exact same they do in thousands of other photos, she's probably as good at that as anyone. But, if you want photos where each persons' personality comes through, where there's laughter and joy and tears, that's where Amy really shines, in capturing the genuine interactions between people.

I can't rave about her enough. She never once added stress to the event day, did a lot of things big and small to make everything go smoothly (from finding a new shoot location when the weather ruined our first choice, to setting up chairs when we had to move from one room to another, to adding some combinations to the portrait list that we'd overlooked, to being at ease in conversation with family members across all ages and cultures and political groups and everything else). The photos turned out really well, with fast turnaround well-within what the contract said. She even gave us a few early ones we could use for a family Christmas card.

Check out her website; it has all kinds of photo samples, upfront pricing and availability information, and nearly anything else you could ask for. Her photos speak for themselves. We're very happy clients.

Sent on 01/24/2020

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Clearly, I found the right couple! Preston, from our very first interaction, you and Sophia have been such a joy to work with. I absolutely love that you both embraced the freedom of designing an entire weekend to truly exploring how best to celebrate your relationship. It was incredibly refreshing to be part of a wedding that was tailor-made. It was one of my all-time favorites :)
  • Angela

Angela Graf · Married on 10/27/2019

Perfect Pictures - Way Beyond Our Expectations!

Amy is the best photographer we have ever worked with. She is seriously amazing and her photos were perfect. Her shots far exceeded our expectations and she was a joy to work with.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Gah!!! Thank you Angie and Tyler! Your elopement was absolutely magical. I'm honored to have documented it and thrilled to have met y'all!

David Dow · Married on 10/19/2019

Engagement Photos

Hired Amy to take photos of proposing to my fiancé and she was amazing to work with. She was very flexible on helping with the surprise and the photos turned out amazing. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you, David! That was such a fun afternoon - I loved being able to document such a beautiful surprise!
  • Shannon

Shannon Jones · Married on 10/19/2019

The best wedding photographer out there

Amy exceeded all our expectations. She captured the personality of our families within creative playful emotive images. We will always treasure the photographs Amy took as family heirlooms hopefully to last for generations. One top of all the great photographs, Amy added to the good vibes and fun with her humor grace and awesome presence. The woman got down on her belly on a ranch to get the shots for heaven sake. Highly recommended and adored.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you, Shannon and Tony! Your wedding was so incredible and unique - and your hilarious families were a joy to be around! I'm thrilled to have been a part of it!

Monica Cho · Married on 08/24/2019

Little Photography Big Pictures

TLDR: Amy was the first photographer we talked to and instantly fell in love. We felt confident to the point that we never shopped around and hired her immediately. She’s #1 funny, caring, trustworthy, and to top it off THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER in terms of quality of work. Her abilities as a photographer can withstand any last minute changes in weather or unexpected circumstances. She’ll deliver even more than expected and capture moments as if you were there. You'll be able to relive every moment through her pictures.

We wanted a photographer who had shot at our venue before, and after looking at all the other photographers, her photos were far superior. We went into our initial conversation not knowing what to expect and ended up with a friend after 2-3 hours of casually chatting. We honestly hired Amy based off of our gut feeling and ended up on top. I know a lot of brides rave about their photographers and say their photographer is the best, but I can confidently say that Amy’s photos has something special. She makes you feel as if you’re there and can almost feel the action.

I like to think in categories, so here are a couple of distinguishing points.

Detail Oriented: Amy is extremely attentive and lived up to my perfectionist personality. She'll position you so that you're always centered. She always took pictures of my good side and knew how to position everyone to align with the part in my hair. She always knew how to balance the different heights amongst our wedding party. Also, my dress had a long train and she knew how to position it so that my dress always looked great.

Friendship: We invited her to our rehearsal + rehearsal dinner, and she instantly fit right in. A groomsman later came up to me and said, "I'm going to remember this experience for my future wedding, cause I definitely want a photographer who I would want to invite to the rehearsal dinner."

Amazing Quality: We had a wedding party of 12 high energy friends. She knew exactly how to get all the photographs we asked for and more! Also, I have been a bridesmaid at a few weddings and have seen a couple of my friends' wedding photos. Every photographer posts their best photos on Instagram, which can skew your perception of their work. But once I received my album, I didn't feel like I only liked a select few photos. I loved every one of my photos and can attest that her quality of work is top notch throughout the entire wedding day. I have no idea how she made both my husband and I look so good! (We are not photogenic at all). AMY is FIRE!

Is she worth it? Heck yea! I'd say she's priceless and would book her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

OH MY GAWD - I wanna get this tattooed on my body! Can't believe how lucky I am you found me - and picked me for your wedding! It was an unforgettable weekend! Thank you Monica & Ethan! I look forward to celebrating with you again the next time I'm in NY!
  • Jarah

Jarah Magan · Married on 06/29/2019

Amy is amazing!

Amy is an absolutely incredible photographer and person. I cannot begin to express how grateful we are that we chose her for our wedding. Amy is funny, caring, detail oriented and extremely talented. She was able to capture every beautiful moment of our two day wedding (three days if you include the rehearsal dinner!) and at the same time, she got to know our families and made them feel so comfortable in front of the camera. I really cannot recommend Amy enough. If you want your wedding to be photographed impeccably, with love and thought, hire Amy. Seriously, look no further, you have found your photographer.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Jarah and Abhinav!!! I am so happy you chose me! I adore you and your families. I'm so honored to have witnessed such an incredible weekend!
  • Greg

Greg Sabo · Married on 05/11/2019

Perfectly captured the energy of our wedding

We chose Amy because we absolutely loved her photos. She is able to capture the energy of a moment in photos that are natural, authentic, and tell a story. She told us that one of her goals is to make the person looking at the photo feel like another guest at the wedding, and that's a perfect description of her style.

Amy achieves this in part by being a genuine, outgoing, and hilarious person to be around, whether she's taking photos or not. Leading up to the wedding, she took the time to meet with us to really get to know us as people. By the time the wedding arrived, we weren't posing for a stranger - we were spending time with a friend.

She beautifully captured the elegance of our outdoor ceremony, navigating the difficulties of very strong sun, wind, and an especially tricky shot involving temperamental smoke bombs.

We especially love the photos Amy took of the dancing during the reception. Despite the dark lighting and chaos of the dancefloor, she and her assistant captured unforgettable shots of our guests in action. Many of her shots capture our friends and family at just the right moment of joy, emotion, or attitude while dancing.

Amy's photos are precious keepsakes to us now - she comes highly recommended.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Greg and Steve, thank you both so much for trusting me, and my weirdness! Working with you and getting to know y'all has been a great experience for me, too! Your wedding was amazing, and when it's time for the wedding reunion, I'll bring the ribbon sticks!!!

Tina Stephens · Married on 10/21/2018

Ridiculously Amazing

Amy is amazing! My wedding venue changed from Apalachicola, FL to Nashville one week prior to our date because of a hurricane. Amy drove all the way to Nashville (no questions asked) to be with us and photograph our event. Also to mention that her family was effected by the hurricane. She is so compassionate and truly cares about the people she photographs which is captured in her beautiful pictures. Hands down the best photographer out there!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Amy Little Photography's reply:

You're ridiculously amazing! Seriously, you and Chris are the best and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thank you both for choosing me!

Lauren S · Married on 10/07/2018

Family pictures

Amy was so wonderful with the chaos of the weekend, I forgot the original date and when she came back there was a hurricane lol. The pictures we did get were absolutely beautiful tho! Love her!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you, Lauren - I enjoyed meeting your family! I wish your beach vacation was hurricane free but that was a crazy day we'll never forget!!!
  • Danielle

Danielle Pestel · Married on 08/21/2018

Amy Little

Amy is the best! Not only were our photos amazing, she was a blast to be around. My mom actually found her on a whim looking for someone to photograph our engagement in Sonoma & I’m so glad she did!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! I'm so glad I was available because meeting your families and documenting your proposal was such a treat!
  • Megan

Megan Welch · Married on 05/26/2018

Truly the most talented photographer and the most amazing experience!

Amy Little is quite possibly the most wonderful, personable, professional, and engaging photographer that has ever walked this earth! Not to mention a seriously cool person as well. I can't begin to express how thankful my husband and I are for her. We first met her down in Florida for engagement pictures. We had so much fun talking and laughing with Amy that I hardly noticed that she was taking pictures. We received the photos exactly when she said we would and they were AMAZING. She kept contact with us throughout our engagement, face-timed with my husband and me multiple times to get a feel of our style and interests and asked us to fill out a survey (separately from each other) that focused on helping Amy get to know and understand our relationship, particular photos we want at the wedding, and any surprises/gifts that she should know about ahead of time to photograph. Amy met us up in North Carolina for the wedding. She arrived early, captured guests, details, special moments, and even came to the "after party" at a bar well past midnight to take more pictures. She is THAT dedicated. Every single picture she took captured our special day perfectly. If that wasn't enough, Amy sent us "sneak peek" photos quickly after our wedding and even face-timed us before sending over all of the pictures to make sure my husband and I had a night off to dedicate to sitting on the couch, drinking a glass of wine, and enjoying the photos together. She truly understands what it's all about. I highly recommend Amy Little to do your wedding photography. She exceeded our expectations in every possible way.

Sent on 03/29/2019

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Well now, I'm blushing! Seriously, Megan - you and Turner are two of the most wonderful people I've ever had the pleasure of photographing! Your wedding is in my top five of the most amazing weddings ever. I'm so lucky to have met you both! Thank you!!!

Amanda Zimmerman · Married on 04/07/2018

Best wedding photographer!

Amy was amazing to work with! She worked closely with my husband and me to capture moments from the wedding of our dreams. I would highly recommend Amy! She will be the photographer at my sisters wedding next fall.

Sent on 12/25/2018

Joleen · Married on 12/31/2017

Amy was worth every dime spent. She made all of us feel at ease. Her pictures of us will be something we treasure for a lifetime! I cannot put into good enough words to describe how happy we were with the experience

Sent on 01/13/2018

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Joleen and Corey! Spending New Years with y'all was the best way to wrap up 2017!!!

Mary · Married on 08/06/2017

We thought our kids were nuts when they told us they'd found a photographer from Florida to take their wedding pictures in California. But they were right on! Amy was an amazing addition to a wonderfully joyous weekend of celebration. She felt like an instant friend to our family and friends. Her photos are absolutely gorgeous and she truly captured the spirit of the whole wonderful weekend. Thank you Amy Little!!
    The bride and groom wanted to be in full charge of photography so I can't comment on cost/value etc, but I suspect that she was worth every penny spent so that's why I gave her a high score.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Mary and Hershel! Avi and Samantha are an incredible couple and they obviously got that from their parents. I knew from their first email that it was going to be a special wedding. But because you, and the rest of their family and friends welcomed me in so openly, it turned out far greater than I imagined. That weekend was the highlight of my year!

Samantha · Married on 08/06/2017

Wow. We never dreamed we could have such a magnificent experience with a wedding photographer. Amy exceeded all of our expectations with her commitment, passion, love for weddings, organization, responsiveness and expertise in capturing EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. Seriously, she’s a photography ninja and her style captured not only the beauty of the day but the love we felt for each other and the amazing energy throughout our wedding experience. And, most of all, she became an integral part of our wedding weekend, connecting with our family/friends and really getting to know everyone (including us!). Her attention to detail and streamlined process, in addition to our timely access to all of our photos, was outstanding. We continue to receive feedback from our guests at how amazing she was both during the weekend and how much they treasure the photos she took of them throughout the weekend. We seriously wish everyone is so lucky to have the opportunity to know, work with and appreciate Amy. We cannot strongly recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Samantha and Avi! Y'all are dream clients to work with! It's been an absolutely wonderful experience for me as well! Your families, your friends - everything made it the highlight of my year!!!

Tamar · Married on 07/07/2017

Amy was so awesome to work with! She photographed our wedding at Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club on 7.29.17 but her awesomeness started way before that! I discovered Amy at a friends wedding a few years back. My now husband and I were blown away by the photos she took and knew we wanted her to be our wedding photographer. From the moment we booked Amy, she became part of the wedding planning process. She always checked in. She was always readily available to chat about any concerns or questions we had. Our wedding was in NY and she lived in Florida but she made us feel like she was always with us. Our wedding weekend was a dream and a big part of it was thanks to Amy. She was there to capture our rehearsal dinner and entire wedding day from start to finish. By the end of the weekend she truly felt like family - my mom had pretty much adopted her! There are no words to describe how happy we felt when Amy delivered all of our (thousands) of wedding weekend photos. She truly captured every moment beautifully. With family traveling from overseas, she made sure to take photos of everyone. Amy even was up on th roof at one point just to get the perfect shot!! That’s the kind of photographer she is. We are still picking photos for our album which Amy will put together for us. The process is taking us a very long time because there are soooo many breathtaking photos!!! We are sure once we finally pick them- the album will be as beautiful as all of the photos. We trust Amy completely as she is a very special person with a true passion and talent for photography. We love you Amy! If you’re looking for a wedding photographer- she’s your girl❤️

Sent on 11/11/2017

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Tamar and Jay! I adore you both and your families - getting to know everyone was icing on the cake ;) Your wedding was complete perfection and I'm honored to have been a part of it!

Brenda · Married on 05/27/2017

Amy is an absolute professional who is creative, thoughtful, and knows how to make her clients feel comfortable. I actually found Amy as a photographer for my friend's wedding (before I got engaged), and when I got engaged, I knew we had to have Amy photograph our wedding. Her photos are of fantastic quality (as is the album) and she is very cognizant of how people react to being photographed, which was very helpful with my husband's camera-shyness and my grandmother's begrudging participation in photos. I am convinced that she could handle any situation thrown at her. It was such a smooth process working with Amy start from day one: she has a client portal for payments and contracts, she responds to emails very promptly, she checks in with you on skype, the list goes on. Essentially, she has the wedding process down to a science and we are so grateful for her expertise.. We have recommended her to our friends that are getting married, and would continue doing so without any hesitation.

Sent on 03/02/2018

Anna · Married on 05/13/2017

As we were planning our wedding, we had no idea how important it was to have a wedding photographer that made you feel comfortable and that you enjoyed spending time with, but Amy Little knew how important the fit with the photographer was and she did a wonderful job cultivating our relationship over Skype meetings and driving out of her way to meet us in person when she could. By the day of our wedding, it felt like we were meeting with a long-time friend who could put us at ease so our wedding photos came out natural and not staged and we felt like we could show our love to each other and Amy captured our love. We didn't realize how much of our wedding day we would spend with the photographer and we could not imagine spending it with anyone else other than Amy Little. Amy perfectly captured so many special moments and emotion during our wedding day that I do not think any other photographer could have captured - and we had so much fun as well! We are so happy we worked with Amy Little and would highly recommend her (and already have!)! Thank you, Amy! -Anna and Josh Grinath

Sent on 11/23/2017

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

Amy was a fantastic photographer and an all around great person to work with. By the end of the wedding all of the my family and friends also adored her. The artistry in her photos is simply breathtaking and we are so pleased with the quality of work. She made the process easy and ensured we got every shot we wanted.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Thank you Katie and Justin! Y'all made it such a fun weekend!

COURTNEY · Married on 04/15/2017

To put it simply, Amy is an absolute gem. She really takes the time to get to know you, your fiance and the relationship you have. Little did I know, when we scheduled our first FaceTime appointment, we would spend two plus hours just talking and getting to know each other. She really makes this a personal experience and tailors it to fit each couple. Amy is one of the most flexible vendors I came in contact with, during my vendor selection. When we told her we wanted our engagement photos taken at my husband's family cabin in Clear Lake, she was all for it and let us know what days she would be in town. She really optimizes her time by scheduling smaller shoots that are in proximity to others she has planned. (This also saves you money, since she does not charge you to fly out for your shoot.) One of the best parts about the engagement shoot, was that she calls them , Exploration Sessions, and they are exactly that. We drove around Clear Lake, for almost an entire day, finding great spots for pictures and enjoying the company. Needless to say, we got some really amazing photos! When our rehearsal and wedding day arrived, she really went above and beyond. The morning of our wedding, my husband and his groomsmen went golfing really early, and she trecked all over that place until she found them and ended up taking some great shots. When she made it to my room with all the girls getting ready, she laughed, danced, took pictures and just made the day that much better. Let me put it this way, my parents are hard people to please, but damn did she hit it out of the park! They have not stopped talking about her and how amazing she was. So case in point, if you are on the fence, don't be. You will regret not choosing her as your photographer because with Amy, you not only get and amazing photog AND a wedding album, but you also get a great new friend. I am so glad we chose her and we will forever be grateful for all of her hard work! HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Amy Little Photography's reply:

Courtney, I am truly the lucky one to have met you and Nick! It has been so much fun getting to know you both, your families and your friends! It was such a special weekend. If I could, I'd do it all again!!

Erika · Married on 09/03/2016

If you are looking for someone to capture those truly special moments then you have found your photographer. Amy is truly gifted at what she does but she also is an amazing person to share your most special moments with. I feel that the wedding photographer is the most important decision of the entire process for two reasons: 1. They are with you the ENTIRE day. 2. At the end of the day you are left with your memories and what was captured in a photograph. Amy is the best!

Sent on 12/06/2016