Ampersand Wedding Photography Reviews

19 | Winooski, VT

19 Reviews for Ampersand Wedding Photography

Working with Ellen and Paul was such a wonderful experience. They offer a complimentary engagement photo shoot which allows you to get to know them and feel more comfortable with them. You also get to enjoy looking through the pictures later that week on their blog.

On the day of the wedding, Ellen and Paul were calm, cheerful, and professional. Ellen has a lot of background knowledge around weddings - from how to pin a boutonniere to bustle a dress and pin a veil.

Paul and Ellen both have creative ideas that optimize the possibilities and opportunities for fantastic photographs. They really involved us and would ask what we'd like to do, as well as offer their own ideas. This helped us feel really a part of the whole process. They captured candids, posed photos, and some other photos with neat effects. They really felt like friends at the reception/ceremony, all while taking incredible photos. Also, they do a great job posting to their blog and to their "Galleries" in a timely manner. It can be hard to wait to see the photos so their timeliness is greatly appreciated!

All in all, they both had fantastic personalities, were very professional, and took gorgeous pictures. I would love to work with them again someday!!! :)

Sent on 07/07/2014

M · Married on 12/07/2013

Ellen and Paul are outstanding! I planned my wedding from afar and wanted a photographer that was professional and unique, yet affordable. This was hard to find in the Adirondack region, so I expanded my search to include Burlington, VT. I'm so glad I came across Ampersand Photography. Ellen (who will be your main point of contact) was easy to talk to, incredibly friendly, and accommodating. What we liked best was that Ellen and Paul are very eager - they are a young business, but willing to take risks to make sure their talent is noticed. Ellen even fit us in for an engagement shoot in NYC during a personal vacation. They ended up coming to our wedding a night earlier than expected to photograph our rehearsal dinner at a more than reasonable price. Our family and friends were all raving about their upbeat attitude. I was especially impressed with their creative and innovative ideas on a moment's notice. The day-of itinerary is fast-paced and subject to change - they intuitively knew to be in the right place at the right time without needing instruction from any of the key players. If you want a photography team who is skilled, inspired, and attentive, Ampersand is your best bet!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Kristen · Married on 11/02/2013

We had such a great time with Ellen and Paul, they were fantastic and our pictures are beautiful, we even got to see a preview the next day!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Ellen was awesome. Very pleasant to work with and comfortable to be around. She's laid back when you need her to be and able to take charge to move things along. Having Paul as a second photographer was great. He was able to take photos of the guys while Ellen took care of things from the girls' side.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2013

Ampersand wedding photo is amazing! Paul and Ellen were so awesome to work with and the photos from our big day are spectacular! We wholeheartedly recommend them because if you use them you will not only have fun with them but have amazing photos and memories to cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Erica · Married on 06/08/2013

Ampersand Wedding Photography was the perfect choice for us! Ellen & Paul are amazing to work with; creative, professional, and made us feel super comfortable in front of the camera. I would recommend them to anyone looking for outstanding photographers to capture their special day.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Ellen and Paul were better than we ever could have asked for at our wedding. They captured all aspects of the day, as there are two of them, and we hardly even knew they were there half the time: so stealthy in making their ways around the wedding! Having them there for the day, making us feel ever so comfortable in front of the camera I thought was the best thing ever, until I saw the pictures! Every shot they selected is amazing, and I would include every one in an album. Best photographers ever!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Claire · Married on 09/29/2012

Thank you, Ampersand! We could not be more pleased with Ellen's work. For our wedding, it was important to us that we emphasized process, creation and the natural qualities of the location. Ellen invokes these same concepts in her method and personality. Not only did we love her presence, but we love the images she captured. Excellent composition, radiant tone, and a sincere mindfulness of the land and environment we had chosen so intentionally. We will certainly be offering your name to friends and family in the future!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Vicki · Married on 09/28/2012

Our photographer had a great personality and was very energetic. We enjoyed working with Ampersan Photography.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Shila · Married on 09/22/2012

I would never dream of going to anyone other than Ampersand for my photography needs. They are compassionate about what they do and it shows in their pictures! They were also very fun to have around on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Helen · Married on 07/21/2012

We were one of their first weddings and are so thrilled we part of the beginning of a wonderful business. They were a joy to work with and their pictures were fantastic! What a perfect choice we made.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Debjani · Married on 05/26/2012

Ampersand is incredibly talented, and we feel very lucky to have found them. They understand the medium thoroughly, capture the right moments, and work with you to compose memories of your special day that'll live forever in their flawless photography.Keep up the fantastic job of creating more and more happy memories for everyone, Ampersand! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Jeanne · Married on 07/30/2011

Ellen has an incredible eye and captures the little things that mean so much in the finished product.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Meghan · Married on 08/31/2013

Ellen and Paul are a lot of fun and great to work with!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Cambria · Married on 07/06/2013

Ellen and Paul were fun, professional, and provided top notch photography. They were a pleasure to work with, and made our wedding day all the better. It felt like working with immediate close friends who asked us exactly what we wanted, but then added a special touch all their own with each shot. Two super talented individuals who work wonderfully as a team.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Ellen was very friendly and accomodating.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Ellen and Paul are awesome to deal with, very fun yet professional. They work with the crowd well in a non intrusive way and were extremely timely with receiving photos back. I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Ethan · Married on 08/11/2012

You guys did a great job and were a lot of fun. The pictures are fantastic.

Sent on 08/22/2012

2.4
      1.0
      3.0
      1.0
      3.0

I had a very difficult time working with Ellen and Ampersand. I hired them because they had the same laid-back attitude that I have and their pictures looked great on the site. However, Ellen never returned my emails in a timely manner, was unable to accommodate me for engagement pictures after multiple emails and me offering multiple times to drive to Vermont and she would not give me a discount on the package stating that she felt the engagement pictures were "very important". I had several guests and members of the wedding party ask if she was a family friend doing us a favor. She also rolled her eyes at my mother-in-law twice when she requested certain photos. I have very few pictures of the bridesmaids and myself getting ready while the guys have loads. She was overall unprofessional and I would not recommend her. We had more than a few people at the wedding comment about her unprofessionalism. Ultimately we are pretty happy with the pictures, they look lovely and Paul was great to work with.

Sent on 10/06/2014