Amp Event Professionals Reviews

223 | Arlington Heights, IL

223 Reviews for Amp Event Professionals

Lenna · Married on 08/06/2016

I can't say enough about how much my husband and I, along with all of our guests, enjoyed Ken as our DJ! First of all, Ken is very personable and professional. It was such an ease working with him. He absolutely killed it with his djing skills. I had several people ask me throughout the night and after the wedding who the DJ was and where I found him. He had ALL of my guests dancing. My venue was at The Redfield Estate at the Grove and I only had 100 guests, but boy was it fun! I thank him so much for the experience he provided. He had great lighting as well!! I would highly recommend him - and his price is very fair. He's on the vendor preferred list for the Grove -- so definitely use him if your wedding is there (or anywhere else!)

Sent on 11/25/2016

Vee · Married on 07/09/2016

Awesome!! Danced all night! Very professional, worked well with all the other vendors. Highly recommended! Great website where you can make your requests and work with the timeline.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Michael · Married on 05/29/2016

Don't hesitate, you've found the right DJ! Ken is great, my wife and I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Michael · Married on 05/20/2016

AMP DJ makes everything super easy to plan. The client portal is probably the best part. Being able to add and make changes to what you want for your event from any device made things pretty stress free. Our DJ was very professional and flexible when it came to what we wanted. The dance floor was filled the whole time. Can't really ask for more.

Miguel · Married on 05/14/2016

Ken was fantastic to work with, honoring every request we had and giving professional insight and advise. He was the person we met and communicated with, and also the DJ at the wedding. Great music and even better MC. Thanks Ken!!!

Emma · event on: 05/07/2016

WOW !!!! I am very impressed with AMP DJ services. They did an amazing job & recomend anyone to use them!!! The guys were super helpful and professional!!!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Erin · Married on 04/23/2016

Ken was one of our most professional vendors. From our initial meeting I felt at ease. To be fair, we we're at another wedding as a guest when we first met, so it was pretty easy to make the decision after formally meeting with Ken to discuss packages. The sound was great, not like another friend of mine who got married in a barn with one awful speak :( I felt so bad for her, wish I would have been able to introduce her to Ken. Not only was the sound great, his personality was not cheesy at all, very classy dude.

Highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Christine · Married on 03/12/2016

We LOVED working with AMP. Actually first encountered AMP at my brothers wedding and knew we wanted to book them for ours! Ken, Founder and President, was great to work with leading up to our wedding. He met with my groom and I to go over our wedding plans and had very similar values and vision. His technology made the process easy and really helpful through the planning process. We had an extremely successful wedding reception due in-part to Ken and his professionalism with strong attention to detail as well. Even more than a month later, we are still getting raving reviews from guests what an outstanding DJ we had at our wedding. Strong recommendations, CHOOSE AMP!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Alexis · Married on 03/01/2016

Ken did such a great job of making sure our wedding day was personable. I love his touch of the open first dance song and he was engaging the whole time making sure Sean and I got exactly what we wanted. The photo booth was a huge hit and I really felt like he gave the total package. All of my siblings already agreed to use him for their weddings :)

Sent on 06/26/2017

Maggie · Married on 01/16/2016

Ken at Amped DJ services was an incredible DJ for our wedding. We loved him and his team. We purchased the "Gold Package" which included DJ and lighting services. It made the room so put together and he coordinated perfectly with our wedding colors. Ken is beyond professional but yet makes the experience so fun! I would highly recommend him and Amped DJ services, he is worth every penny.

Sent on 01/26/2016
  • W

Wanda · Married on 11/14/2015

Ken was wonderful and knew exactly how to read the crowd. He kept everyone on their feet dancing. Everyone commented that our wedding was so much fun and that the DJ was the best! We couldn't agree more!

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/18/2015

We could not have asked for a better DJ. We are a very busy couple and he was willing to do skype interactions to get all of our details in order. He made suggestions and we felt like we were working with a friend! It was wonderful. All of our guests had nothing but good things to say, and we had a wide range of ages up into the 90's. We really liked how he fed of the crowd, and we had people on the dance floor the WHOLE wedding which was great. One of our guests also said she had been at 5 weddings in the year and ours was the most fun because of the DJ. The system he had in place was great and we were able to give him some information and not have to worry about it, he took care of the rest! I recommend him to everyone, and he is even willing to travel a little.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Ken and his team were absolutely fantastic! We booked his highest package which included photo booth for the entire night, light package for DJ booth, up lighting for our entire venue and the backdrop for our ceremony. Ken provided the sound equipment for our officiant during our ceremony as well. The entire booking process was so smooth he made it seem too easy! The night of our wedding went off without a hitch and everything was beautiful! The backdrop and the up lighting was amazing!! The photobooth was a HUGE hit! The scrapbook of pictures we received the night of our wedding was awesome! Most importantly, Ken is a genuinely nice guy with a great product and service who kept our friends and family dancing all night long!! We can't thank him and his team enough for making our wedding what it was.

Sent on 11/05/2015

I love that this dj had many different options he did my ceremony, reception, photo booth and the up lighting.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Caitlyn · Married on 09/26/2015

When we first met with Ken, he introduced us to Ross, who would be our DJ for the wedding. They asked us questions about what we were looking for and what music style we wanted. Ken was very responsive to emails throughout the planning period. We used the online database to choose our music, which was very easy to use! The week of the wedding Ross and Ken called to verify the music choices and go over the schedule. The meeting went with such ease and reassurance, that I knew the wedding would go smoothly! We had Ross do both our ceremony and reception music. Both went wonderfully!! We needed a lapel mic for our officiant for the ceremony, which the venue did not have and without question, Ken drove out to the venue to deliver one! It was much appreciated!

Ross kept the guests on the dance floor all night! I received nothing but compliments on the DJ services! The uplighting and the lighted DJ booth really made a difference in our reception room, it looked amazing! Ross checked in with us throughout the night to ensure we were ready for our special dances as well as if we were ok with the music. At the end of the night we requested a song that he did not have on his playlist and he was able to pull it up on YouTube and play it at the wedding, it was awesome!

I would highly recommend AMP DJ Services to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding, especially if your guests like to dance and party!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

Ken was wonderful! He is a great DJ and is very professional. His pricing is great and very affordable. My guests are still talking about how much fun they had and how great the DJ was!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Pam · Married on 09/25/2015

AMP DJ Service was great to work with!!!! Right from the start Ken responded to my questions, gave me a quote, and met with me to discuss my wedding further. He is very organized and easy to work with. Throughout my whole wedding planning he would check in with me, answer any questions I had, and the online client base made the DJ planning so easy!!! This was so user-friendly which is great for a stressed out bride that has a million things to plan. I was lucky enough to have both Ken and Ryan at my wedding. They did a fantastic job! I spoke with Ryan a few days before the wedding, we went over everything and he handled everything from there!!! Ryan provided music for my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I would highly recommend the wedding couple game! My guests are still laughing over that. Ryan and Ken kept everyone dancing at the reception all night long. There was never a dull moment, and even got a few guests who I never expected to dance, out on the dance floor. Thanks to AMP DJ Service for making my wedding even more special and fun!!!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/12/2015

We worked with Ken on our 9/12/15 wedding and have gotten so much positive feedback from our wedding guests in regards to his DJ services. Ken was extremely professional, from our first meeting to the day of the wedding. In the initial consultation, Ken wanted our feedback on the types of music we liked and information our venue. He also laid out all of his pricing and services (photobooths, etc). After booking with him, he sent over contracts and log-ins for online planning. Through this online log-in you could select music (must plays and do not plays) as well as the reception timeline - making the process super seamless and quite easy! Our dance floor was packed all night, people loved the music, the uplighting looked great and there were no complaints; would highly recommend AMP for your future events!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Chris and Monica · Married on 08/15/2015

After meeting with Ken for our Initial Consultation, we knew we had found our DJ for the most important day of our lives. We had seen Ken DJ before at various events and thought it would be worth meeting with him, but during the Consultation he made sure to put any concerns and nerves we had away. He put our minds at ease with all the services he offered at such a wonderful price.

When it came to the day itself, we could not have made a better selection. Ken showed up early to make sure everything was set up and ready to go. He even worked with the venue to get anything else that he knew we were looking for done. He makes sure the couple has the time of their lives. The up-lighting he offers made the room light up and look amazing. He makes sure to keep everything on time and moving. He has a great knack for making sure the dance floor is always packed with people. He made sure to entertain all ages with mixing in all the great music that we had requested he play. We also added Polish music into the mix which he saw how many people enjoyed the music he even added a few that he had that we didn't even provide. Even after our wedding, people come up to us and have only amazing things to say about our DJ and the music selection he played.

You will be extremely happy that you chose Ken for your wedding. We know we are.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Ken is a great DJ. Really organized, upbeat, and professional. He reads the crowd well,
    and keeps the party hopping. Lots of compliments from our guests - of all ages.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Brittney · Married on 07/25/2015

Ken was great! He met with us first to see what type of packages we would be into and what type of music we like to listen to. The best part is the he actually drove out to us. We kept in touch through email and he answered all of my questions thoroughly. He made our wedding go smoothly and did mind my last minute changes that came up. Our dance floor was always packed. He knew how to read what people were enjoying dancing to. He played what was on my play lists and took requests. The photo booth seemed to never be empty. Everyone enjoyed the photo booth and it is awesome to have copies in order to see what types of photos they were taking. I would highly recommend Ken to be your DJ you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Jake Connors · Married on 07/18/2015

Great at reading the room!

Ken and his wife did an amazing job! We received both the photo booth and DJ services. With his experience, he already new the multiple vendors I was working with. I also gave very little instruction, and Ken was great at reading the room and accommodating with a few one off requests here and there. My biggest regret is not writing this review sooner (wedding was over 3 years ago, eek)!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jen and Phil · Married on 07/11/2015

Ken was everything we were looking for in a wedding vendor: professional, timely, flexible, and overall easy to work with. Creating our wedding playlists using the AMP DJ Services website was a breeze and their selection was pretty large. Though we didn't need to, you can request additional songs if you can't find it in their library.

The music was great and everyone had a great time! Thanks, Ken!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Charles · Married on 06/26/2015

Ken and Ryan were awesome! They were extremely accommodating during our wedding. The price was extremely competitive comparative to all the other DJ's, and I believe that they have the best DJ services in the area. All of our guests loved the music, and we had no issues. We also used their photo booth service, and it was a huge hit with our guests as well. AMP DJ Services was definitely one of our best vendors and certainly the most reliable. We had great communication throughout the process, and we had no worries on the big day about the music. I would recommend AMP to anyone needing a DJ for any event!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Steve & Becky · Married on 06/20/2015

We had Anthony as the DJ for our June 2015 wedding and he was more than wonderful. He called me a few days before the wedding just to check in and go over the final details of the day. Personally, I thought this was the best part of AMP's services. It's so nice to be able to talk on the phone with someone who will be playing such a large role on the wedding day. I asked a couple (more like a million) questions, and Anthony never made me feel like I was being a bother/annoying. Messages or requests can get lost or misunderstood through emails, so this simple phone call really put me at ease. The day of the wedding was seamless. Anthony and staff set up (we also used them for uplighting!) in the reception hall, outside, and for our cocktail hour all while my bridal party and I were taking photos. Honestly, I completely forgot they were even there- which is the way it SHOULD be. They "get it". Your wedding day CAN be a stressful one...but with vendors like AMP DJ Services, my day was stress-FREE. I would (and have) recommended them to family and friends!

Sent on 08/16/2015