Amp Event Professionals Reviews

Amp Event Professionals 6
Amp Event Professionals 7

Brooke Barber · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing DJ!

Ken Murphy at Amp DJ Services was the DJ for our wedding, and he did an amazing job! From the moment we first talked with him on the phone, we felt assured that he was going to do his best to make our reception amazing. The guests loved his music selection and kept the dance floor busy all night long. His website made it easy and convenient to select all the special songs and requests that we could think of. Ken especially was very accommodating, and made the time to have multiple phone conversations with us to answer any and every question we had. When you book a DJ, you want someone who’s going to make you and the guests happy, and Amp DJ Services certainly delivered!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Schildkraut · Married on 06/29/2019

The best DJ ever!!!

Ken at Amp Events did an amazing job as DJ for our daughter's recent wedding. He promised to knock our socks off and boy did he deliver. He played great music to keep the crowd dancing and personalized the evening like I have never before seen a DJ do. He did such an amazing and professional job that our son and his fiance have booked Ken for their 2020 wedding. Thanks Ken

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/29/2019

Hiring Ken will be the best decision you make!

Where do I even begin?! Ken and his team were amazing. Incredible attention to detail and personalized touches throughout the evening made our wedding just that much more special! Ken is actually a family friend so it was kind of a no-brainer that we would hire him as our DJ, and we knew he was a GREAT DJ, but he really, really delivered and I'd recommend him over and over to any Chicago area couples. Not only is he an excellent DJ, but he also comes with a full toolbox of additional services including a photobooth, draping/aisle runner, various lighting packages, etc... We sourced all of these services through Ken and it was more affordable bundling everything together with him than going through our venue for some of our lighting / draping needs. 10000% recommend Ken and his team!! Ken, thank you a million times over. Thinking back on our wedding night and how special you made it brings tears to my eyes. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Amp Event Professionals 8
    Amp Event Professionals 9
    Amp Event Professionals 10
    Amp Event Professionals 11
    Amp Event Professionals 12

Amy Prentice · Married on 06/16/2019

Ken was fantastic!

We are SO glad we were able to work with Ken at AMP Event Professionals for our wedding in Delavan, WI. He really stood out right away as someone who loves what he does and really wanted to make our wedding something people would remember! He surely did that! He helped everything run super smoothly during the reception. He enthusiastically worked with our special requests, so we got everything we wanted and more! We keep hearing about how fun the reception was. He also worked with us on prices which we greatly appreciate! We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Roberson · Married on 05/26/2019

Amp Event Professionals. Ken Murphy

Exceptional DJ, very professional, creative and not just an ordinary DJ. Everything was top notch and personalized. Goes above and beyond. A very memorable night for the bride and groom as well as family and friends .

Sent on 06/01/2019

Emily · Married on 05/26/2019

Book them now!

Ken and his team are AMAZING! Ken pays attention to every little detail no matter how big or how small. We had our name in lights and he incorporated details from our invitation for it which I absolutely loved! I am a huge worrier but I didn't have to worry with him in charge. He made sure everything was running smoothly throughout the night and made sure to keep us updated on what was coming next. Throughout the night we kept getting comments about how awesome and impressive our DJ was. We also had the sol snap photobooth which was also a HUGE hit! What he does for the last dance is truly unique and amazing and is something we will never forget. We can't thank Ken enough because long story short he saved our wedding after a different DJ company ghosted us. We are recommending him to everyone we know!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Amp Event Professionals 13
    Amp Event Professionals 14
    Amp Event Professionals 15
  • Jordan

Jordan Maggio · Married on 05/25/2019

I truly cannot say enough great things about Ken! Thank you for making our day perfect!

I found Ken on Instagram randomly and am so glad I did! He was so easy to work with, very passionate about his business and work, and also was very accommodating to my last minute nature of getting everything together. He played for both our ceremony and reception. Family members and guest came up to me at the wedding and commented on how great of a DJ he was! He had everyone dancing all night which was all I wanted for my wedding.

The best part of the night was when Ken mixed our vows into our first song and played this at the end of the night. He also sent it to us that night.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Amy · Married on 05/18/2019

So amazing!!

DJ entertainment was amazing at my wedding!! Andy did such an amazing job throughout the whole day! Starting with the prep work before my wedding, he made sure to have multiple phone calls with me to finalize all the details for the big day. He arrived early at the venue to set everything up, so when we arrived, there was nothing else to worry about. Everything at my wedding went smoothly because Andy did such a great job as the MC, moving things along in the right timeline order, announcing the wedding party and scheduled programs when needed, and at the end of the night the dance floor was never empty because of Andy's awesome energy and song choices. Andy definitely helped make my wedding day stress free. Highly recommend :)

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Max

Max R Stehmeier · Married on 04/26/2019

professional fun attentive

read the room well, surprised us with an amazing tribute at the end

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 04/05/2019

One of a kind DJ services

My wife and I cannot say enough great things about having chosen Amp Event Professionals and having Ken as our DJ at our wedding on 4/26/19. From the moment we met Ken, we could tell how passionate he was about making our wedding reception special. Ken made sure that everything ran smoothly throughout the night and kept our dance floor rocking. He had many fun ways of getting our guests involved and keeping them fired up to celebrate our love. He really goes above and beyond what you see offered by others in the wedding industry. Our guests are still talking about our DJ and Solsnap offered through Amp Event Professionals, which was a big hit. We will highly recommend to friends and family. Thank you, Ken, for being one of easiest decisions during the wedding planning process!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 10/19/2018

Simply Amazing

Our wedding was Awesome, thanks to AMP DJ!!! Ken was amazing, everyone loved how he had everyone dancing and keeping it fun. They loved the fact that he was interacting with everyone. He would get on the dance floor and show you the dance if you didn't know it. His setup was excellent. We used his up lighting, photo booth, Monogram projection, and the platinum DJ package. The look was so professional. We couldn't be happier with his services! Thanks Ken.

Sent on 02/08/2019
    Amp Event Professionals 16
    Amp Event Professionals 17
    Amp Event Professionals 18
  • Lisa

Lisa Monti · Married on 10/14/2018

AMP was AMPstanding!!!

From beginning to end Ken was personable and professional to work with. The online planning tools really helped me to organize the day and pick the right music. On the big day I was very confident in Ken as he kept the day moving along smoothly. He kept the crowd involved and everyone had a great time. Hire this guy! He is OUTSTANDING and worth every penny!!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks so much Lisa, your Sunday afternoon wedding was one for the books! So glad you had an awesome time. Please keep in touch!

Laura Elizabeth Dahm · Married on 10/13/2018

Outstanding Experience with AMP DJ Services

Ken and AMP DJ Services were OUTSTANDING! From the first time we met Ken, we knew he was our guy. We did not even think twice about looking any further and called him ASAP to reserve our wedding date. You can tell from the get-go that this is Ken’s passion and he loves what he does. Our wedding day was extra incredible because of him. From his preparation, communication and absolutely flawless service – he hit it out of the park. Our guests (younger and older) all commented on the music and the smooth flow of the entire event. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor and the guests thoroughly enjoyed their time. As the bride and groom, we cannot express enough gratitude for his service. From the moment the prelude music began to the very last beat, Ken was professional, accommodating and genuinely cared about our best day ever.

Last but definitely not least, if you choose AMP DJ Services you are in for an incredibly perfect moment that was created just for you. I will not say anymore, but it meant the absolute world to my husband and I, and left all the guests in awe. Trust me – you want this surprise and you will not find it anywhere else :)

A HUGE THANK YOU again!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Amp Event Professionals 19

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Laura! You and Andy had a great crowd and I had a blast DJing for them! I do have passion, along with the rest of my team.

Katie Shannon · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing service!

We had THE BEST experience with Amp DJ Services. We worked with Ken, and he was simply amazing! We wanted to add an extra personal touch to our ceremony by recording interviews of the bride and groom about each other and playing the interviews during our walk down the isle. About three months before our wedding, Ken came to our home twice to record the interviews of my husband and I. He made sure they sounded perfect before he started putting our ceremony song together. He put so much effort into this special request, and it turned out awesome! I would definitely recommend inquiring about this experience when speaking with Ken! Most of our guests were in tears (happy tears) :) during our ceremony because Ken put the interview together so well and timed it up perfectly. He played my interview while my husband walked down the isle and my husband's interview while I walked down the isle. He also played our response to how we first met while our wedding party walked down the isle. It was a very unique portion of a ceremony that we had never seen before. We STILL have friends and family telling us how much they LOVED the voiceovers during our ceremony. They keep telling us how it was such a special and personal ceremony and unlike any wedding they have ever been to. We cannot thank Ken enough for this! He put our voiceover together in such a special way. We could not be happier with how it turned out. We cry every time we watch it back (all happy tears of course). :)

While guests were coming into the reception hall, Ken had our engagement pictures on display on his DJ booth. Once the reception started, he put a picture from our ceremony on display. It looked AMAZING! I can't even recall how many compliments we have received about our wedding DJ. THANKS, KEN!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Katie! You and Chris even brought me to tears during the ceremony. A truly awesome experience that I am so glad I got to be a part of!

Colleen · Married on 09/15/2018

Ken was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was incredibly helpful and really helped the day run smoothly! As a bride who was stressing about everything, I promise you if you use Ken and Amp Event Professionals, you will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks Colleen! I loved DJing your country wedding!

Natalie · Married on 09/08/2018

Ken was our DJ at the Byron Colby Barn for our wedding in Sept. 2018! We can't compliment him enough on the wonderful job that he did! From the pre-wedding set-up to the final dance! Before the wedding he is very organized and you are able to plug in songs that you want and organize a schedule all on his website (which is on a private log in between you and the DJ). He also gave a ton of suggestions for my wedding which was unique compared to many, my husband and I were married for about a year before we had our "celebration", this was due to my father dying and I wanted to get married before he did! Knowing this Ken helped complete all my requests like keeping a special song a secret, and helping me figure out the best ways to honor my father at my wedding. His different suggestions made the wedding more special then I could ever imagined! The special touches he added, the lighting, music was all perfect! So many of my friends complimented how great our DJ was! I don't think I have been to another wedding where so many people danced for so much of the night! The very end of our wedding was so special with something Ken surprised us with! It was so thoughtful and sweet!

We also used his new walking photo booth or as he calls it the solsnap! That thing was amazing! It is one of a kind and everyone enjoyed it and getting the photos sent right to them was also fun! It was great especially because the barn had two levels and I had many people who couldn't walk upstairs if we would have had a regular photo booth.

We just want to say thank you so much for making our wedding so incredibly special! The right DJ can make your event go a lot smoother and keep everyone dancing the whole night! We appreciate it so much!

The Sanders!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Dennis · Married on 08/24/2018

My now wife and I had an immediate connection with Ken. We could tell that he loves what he does and we were confident in his abilities. Ken has an awesome setup and took the time to make sure everything was right. We had an outdoor ceremony and it was a very windy day, however each person could clearly hear what was going on. Ken got the crowd moving and had fantastic ideas to make our wedding day, ours! When groups of people started to get a little tired... He AMPed it up!!! Ken went above and beyond our expectations as he helped other vendors and even created a special memory for a young guest of ours. Ken had a great mix of music for everyone and just when I thought the emotional day was done.... Ken made a special gift that my wife, freinds, family and future family will hold dear to our hearts. The photo booth he provided was great and we had comments about all the fun our guests had for weeks after the party was over. AMP is an easy choice for any couple to make!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Mandy · Married on 08/11/2018

We cannot recommend Ken highly enough! He did an incredible job throughout our entire wedding. He took away the stress of planning the music aspect of our wedding and even took the time to call us to help get everything ready. It was difficult because we were trying to plan this wedding from another state, but Ken was very accommodating and called us even though it was later in the evening for him. Our wedding day was absolutely incredible. Ken kept the evening flowing in a perfect and cohesive manner. Not one thing was out of place. He played great music and kept us dancing all night! We loved our special last dance that he created- we were so surprised! Ken is a true professional who is clearly dedicated to his profession. If you need an amazing DJ for your next event, call Ken!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Mandy. So glad you and Craig had an amazing time!

Kristy · Married on 07/20/2018

Working with Ken was nothing short of seamless. Between the easy to use portal and the prompt responses, we were beyond satisfied with our DJ choice. As for our wedding night itself, Ken created such a fun environment from the very beginning starting with the great guest "warm up" game. The music he played all night was perfect. I never left the dance floor and neither did our guests! If that wasn't great enough, my favorite part was when he surprised us with a special mix of our first dance song and other important parts of our day and sent it to us to keep! I still have not listened to it without crying. He definitely made our day super personal and so much fun!! 100% the perfect DJ choice!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks Kristy and Tommy! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I hope our paths cross again!

Tatiana · Married on 07/15/2018

Ken from AMP DJ Services was absolutely incredible. He listened to everything we did and didn't want for our wedding and followed through accordingly. He also gave great recommendations a few days before our wedding when we spoke over the phone. The day of, Ken was great. He was prompt and had everything set up appropriately, both his equipment and himself. He watched the crowd and in doing so, never had an empty dance floor the entire night. Ken interacted with the guests and was very engaging throughout the night. Ken also did an incredible little surprise for us, but I won't give that away in case he does that again, but you will not be disappointed!!! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event, but especially for a wedding. He is phenomenal.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Tatiana, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Your wedding was one Ken won't soon forget. Great venue (Barrington White House) and even better group of guests. Love was in the air and your Sunday wedding was a HIT! I wish you and Eric the best and please keep in touch!

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome our experience with Ken was and how happy we are that we chose him to be our DJ. We have had SO MANY compliments from many of our guests. Ken was on top of everything the entire night, made everything run so smoothly, the music was perfect, and he is such a genuinely nice guy. My dad even told me that he came up to him and talked to him about his speech for a bit, and he was so flattered by that! We LOVED the “3 minute table pictures” idea, it was so fun and creative and we got pictures with all of our tables, which is what we wanted! The last song he played was our first dance song edited to include voice clips from the speeches, which was so incredibly cool and personal. Everyone thought that was just awesome. Ken truly made our wedding amazing and we cannot thank him enough. We will be sure to recommend AMP to anyone we know who is in need of a DJ. He truly did go above and beyond to make sure our night was perfect and we are so grateful.

Sent on 08/01/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

The Best DJ We Could Have Asked For: DJ Ken with Amp Event Professionals

We strongly recommend DJ Ken for any couple that loves to dance and wants a fun, energetic party all night long! I’ve been to quite a few weddings and never have I seen a DJ go so above and beyond. Here are the top five reasons why Ken was the best DJ for us!

1. Everyone danced all night! There were no breaks in between each song and the music rocked!! I’ve been to many weddings where you could not dance to the music. If people started leaving the dance floor, he would switch to another song and they came right back.

2. Everyone loved him! He was energetic but not over the top. I received so many compliments from wedding guests on our choice of DJ. I’ve already passed his information on to several brides-to-be.

3. He went above and beyond! Here are 4 examples:
    There were a couple times when a glass was dropped on the dance floor…Ken was the first one out there (with a flashlight) picking up the broken glass and tacking down a broom.

When it was time for bridal party to be announced, he somehow rounded everyone up. He came and found the bride and escorted me to where I needed to be so everything ran smoothly and on time.

When some of the kids started dancing before dinner ended, he asked us “Looks like people are ready to dance, do you mind up we give them some more upbeat music!”. Of course we agreed and all the kids loved it!!

During his dinner, he took recordings of the speeches and inserted them into the last song of the night (which was our first dance song). It was so touching and memorable and was the exclamation point to a beautiful night.

4. Communication was easy and quick: He met with us in-person prior to booking. This was very important to us, as we wanted to meet each of our vendors personally. I contacted a few other vendors and had to go through a receptionist that would “find a DJ for me based on personality and availability” and even when I asked to meet with one personally, it seemed like such an inconvenience for them. Ken was timely with emails, very kind, and very professional. The week before the wedding we spoke on over the phone to ensure each detail was in place and he had the correct pronunciation of all the bridal party members.

5. His web portal was convenient and easy to use for song request and the timeline of events. We really felt like he tailored the night for us and kept us at the center of it all.

We are thrilled with our decision to have Ken be our Wedding DJ and would strongly recommended him to any couple that that wants to work with someone they can trust and have an amazing wedding!!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Clarissa · Married on 06/30/2018

Words cannot begin to express how perfect our experience was with Ken. We met with him early in our planning process, and he helped me create a vision for my wedding, and he helped ease my worries that I had early on.
    The planning process was flawless. We had an online account that we used to help form our timeline and manage our requests. It was very easy to use, and it helped us plan on OUR time. It was very user-friendly, and we were able to go back and make changes at any time. The account closes 5 days before your wedding.
    The day of the wedding was amazing. Ken came dressed matching our wedding colors, and he was with us every step of the day. He helped keep our wedding moving, and he also made it a PARTY! Our guests were pumped, and they loved the energy that Ken had throughout the night. He had a great mix of music, and our dance floor was filled all night long. We had a wide range of guests (college-aged friends to grandparents), and everyone said that they LOVED the music! That's definitely a rare compliment!
    Another AWESOME aspect of AMP DJ is their walking photo booth! My guests said they have never seen anything like it, and they had so much fun with it! This photo booth had filters (similar to snapchat) that guests can use to take pictures. Then, you enter your phone number, and the picture is instantly sent to your phone. It was fast, fun, and convenient! It was so much fun, and I can see this being the photo booth of the future! This is something you can only get with this DJ company, and you don't want to miss out!
    Perhaps the most special moment of the day was the surprise that Ken had for us at the end of the night. I won't spoil it here, but it was truly special and something that my guests said they have never seen before, and something they will never forget.
    I cannot recommend Ken and AMP DJ services enough; I wish I could give him more than 5 stars. Anytime I need DJ services again, I will turn to Ken and AMP DJ in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the AMAZING REVIEW Clarissa! You really paint a picture of what Ken does to go above and beyond for our clients events. You and Alex had an amazing wedding at an amazing venue (Gardens of Woodstock) and we were glad to be a part of it!

mario · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Ken from AMP DJ Services for our wedding/reception and he was absolutely amazing. We are not a couple big on dancing, and we weren't expecting a huge crowd out on the dance floor, but people were dancing all night. Ken really knows how to put on a good show. The night flowed really smoothly and we had a lot of compliments after from guest how great it was. We know we will be using Amp Dj service in the future for events!!!!!!

Mario & Jeremie

Sent on 06/15/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks gentlemen! You had a great group of guests and were a pleasure to work with.

Jeremie · Married on 06/09/2018

Ken and his team were the most wonderful addition to our wedding . Ken keep the party on the dance floor all night. Many family and friends stated he was one of the best DJs they have ever heard at a wedding and asked for his info.The lighting was perfect also. We will be using AMP for many years to come. 6/9/18 #YouHadMeAtColcio

Sent on 06/23/2018