Amp Event Professionals Reviews

Amp Event Professionals 7
  • Lisa

Lisa Monti · Married on 10/14/2018

AMP was AMPstanding!!!

From beginning to end Ken was personable and professional to work with. The online planning tools really helped me to organize the day and pick the right music. On the big day I was very confident in Ken as he kept the day moving along smoothly. He kept the crowd involved and everyone had a great time. Hire this guy! He is OUTSTANDING and worth every penny!!!

Laura Elizabeth Dahm · Married on 10/13/2018

Outstanding Experience with AMP DJ Services

Ken and AMP DJ Services were OUTSTANDING! From the first time we met Ken, we knew he was our guy. We did not even think twice about looking any further and called him ASAP to reserve our wedding date. You can tell from the get-go that this is Ken’s passion and he loves what he does. Our wedding day was extra incredible because of him. From his preparation, communication and absolutely flawless service – he hit it out of the park. Our guests (younger and older) all commented on the music and the smooth flow of the entire event. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor and the guests thoroughly enjoyed their time. As the bride and groom, we cannot express enough gratitude for his service. From the moment the prelude music began to the very last beat, Ken was professional, accommodating and genuinely cared about our best day ever.

Last but definitely not least, if you choose AMP DJ Services you are in for an incredibly perfect moment that was created just for you. I will not say anymore, but it meant the absolute world to my husband and I, and left all the guests in awe. Trust me – you want this surprise and you will not find it anywhere else :)

A HUGE THANK YOU again!

Sent on 11/05/2018
    Amp Event Professionals 8

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Laura! You and Andy had a great crowd and I had a blast DJing for them! I do have passion, along with the rest of my team.

Katie Shannon · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing service!

We had THE BEST experience with Amp DJ Services. We worked with Ken, and he was simply amazing! We wanted to add an extra personal touch to our ceremony by recording interviews of the bride and groom about each other and playing the interviews during our walk down the isle. About three months before our wedding, Ken came to our home twice to record the interviews of my husband and I. He made sure they sounded perfect before he started putting our ceremony song together. He put so much effort into this special request, and it turned out awesome! I would definitely recommend inquiring about this experience when speaking with Ken! Most of our guests were in tears (happy tears) :) during our ceremony because Ken put the interview together so well and timed it up perfectly. He played my interview while my husband walked down the isle and my husband's interview while I walked down the isle. He also played our response to how we first met while our wedding party walked down the isle. It was a very unique portion of a ceremony that we had never seen before. We STILL have friends and family telling us how much they LOVED the voiceovers during our ceremony. They keep telling us how it was such a special and personal ceremony and unlike any wedding they have ever been to. We cannot thank Ken enough for this! He put our voiceover together in such a special way. We could not be happier with how it turned out. We cry every time we watch it back (all happy tears of course). :)

While guests were coming into the reception hall, Ken had our engagement pictures on display on his DJ booth. Once the reception started, he put a picture from our ceremony on display. It looked AMAZING! I can't even recall how many compliments we have received about our wedding DJ. THANKS, KEN!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Katie! You and Chris even brought me to tears during the ceremony. A truly awesome experience that I am so glad I got to be a part of!

Colleen · Married on 09/15/2018

Ken was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was incredibly helpful and really helped the day run smoothly! As a bride who was stressing about everything, I promise you if you use Ken and Amp Event Professionals, you will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks Colleen! I loved DJing your country wedding!

Natalie · Married on 09/08/2018

Ken was our DJ at the Byron Colby Barn for our wedding in Sept. 2018! We can't compliment him enough on the wonderful job that he did! From the pre-wedding set-up to the final dance! Before the wedding he is very organized and you are able to plug in songs that you want and organize a schedule all on his website (which is on a private log in between you and the DJ). He also gave a ton of suggestions for my wedding which was unique compared to many, my husband and I were married for about a year before we had our "celebration", this was due to my father dying and I wanted to get married before he did! Knowing this Ken helped complete all my requests like keeping a special song a secret, and helping me figure out the best ways to honor my father at my wedding. His different suggestions made the wedding more special then I could ever imagined! The special touches he added, the lighting, music was all perfect! So many of my friends complimented how great our DJ was! I don't think I have been to another wedding where so many people danced for so much of the night! The very end of our wedding was so special with something Ken surprised us with! It was so thoughtful and sweet!

We also used his new walking photo booth or as he calls it the solsnap! That thing was amazing! It is one of a kind and everyone enjoyed it and getting the photos sent right to them was also fun! It was great especially because the barn had two levels and I had many people who couldn't walk upstairs if we would have had a regular photo booth.

We just want to say thank you so much for making our wedding so incredibly special! The right DJ can make your event go a lot smoother and keep everyone dancing the whole night! We appreciate it so much!

The Sanders!

Dennis · Married on 08/24/2018

My now wife and I had an immediate connection with Ken. We could tell that he loves what he does and we were confident in his abilities. Ken has an awesome setup and took the time to make sure everything was right. We had an outdoor ceremony and it was a very windy day, however each person could clearly hear what was going on. Ken got the crowd moving and had fantastic ideas to make our wedding day, ours! When groups of people started to get a little tired... He AMPed it up!!! Ken went above and beyond our expectations as he helped other vendors and even created a special memory for a young guest of ours. Ken had a great mix of music for everyone and just when I thought the emotional day was done.... Ken made a special gift that my wife, freinds, family and future family will hold dear to our hearts. The photo booth he provided was great and we had comments about all the fun our guests had for weeks after the party was over. AMP is an easy choice for any couple to make!

Mandy · Married on 08/11/2018

We cannot recommend Ken highly enough! He did an incredible job throughout our entire wedding. He took away the stress of planning the music aspect of our wedding and even took the time to call us to help get everything ready. It was difficult because we were trying to plan this wedding from another state, but Ken was very accommodating and called us even though it was later in the evening for him. Our wedding day was absolutely incredible. Ken kept the evening flowing in a perfect and cohesive manner. Not one thing was out of place. He played great music and kept us dancing all night! We loved our special last dance that he created- we were so surprised! Ken is a true professional who is clearly dedicated to his profession. If you need an amazing DJ for your next event, call Ken!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Mandy. So glad you and Craig had an amazing time!

Kristy · Married on 07/20/2018

Working with Ken was nothing short of seamless. Between the easy to use portal and the prompt responses, we were beyond satisfied with our DJ choice. As for our wedding night itself, Ken created such a fun environment from the very beginning starting with the great guest "warm up" game. The music he played all night was perfect. I never left the dance floor and neither did our guests! If that wasn't great enough, my favorite part was when he surprised us with a special mix of our first dance song and other important parts of our day and sent it to us to keep! I still have not listened to it without crying. He definitely made our day super personal and so much fun!! 100% the perfect DJ choice!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks Kristy and Tommy! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I hope our paths cross again!

Tatiana · Married on 07/15/2018

Ken from AMP DJ Services was absolutely incredible. He listened to everything we did and didn't want for our wedding and followed through accordingly. He also gave great recommendations a few days before our wedding when we spoke over the phone. The day of, Ken was great. He was prompt and had everything set up appropriately, both his equipment and himself. He watched the crowd and in doing so, never had an empty dance floor the entire night. Ken interacted with the guests and was very engaging throughout the night. Ken also did an incredible little surprise for us, but I won't give that away in case he does that again, but you will not be disappointed!!! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event, but especially for a wedding. He is phenomenal.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Tatiana, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Your wedding was one Ken won't soon forget. Great venue (Barrington White House) and even better group of guests. Love was in the air and your Sunday wedding was a HIT! I wish you and Eric the best and please keep in touch!

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome our experience with Ken was and how happy we are that we chose him to be our DJ. We have had SO MANY compliments from many of our guests. Ken was on top of everything the entire night, made everything run so smoothly, the music was perfect, and he is such a genuinely nice guy. My dad even told me that he came up to him and talked to him about his speech for a bit, and he was so flattered by that! We LOVED the “3 minute table pictures” idea, it was so fun and creative and we got pictures with all of our tables, which is what we wanted! The last song he played was our first dance song edited to include voice clips from the speeches, which was so incredibly cool and personal. Everyone thought that was just awesome. Ken truly made our wedding amazing and we cannot thank him enough. We will be sure to recommend AMP to anyone we know who is in need of a DJ. He truly did go above and beyond to make sure our night was perfect and we are so grateful.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

The Best DJ We Could Have Asked For: DJ Ken with Amp Event Professionals

We strongly recommend DJ Ken for any couple that loves to dance and wants a fun, energetic party all night long! I’ve been to quite a few weddings and never have I seen a DJ go so above and beyond. Here are the top five reasons why Ken was the best DJ for us!

1. Everyone danced all night! There were no breaks in between each song and the music rocked!! I’ve been to many weddings where you could not dance to the music. If people started leaving the dance floor, he would switch to another song and they came right back.

2. Everyone loved him! He was energetic but not over the top. I received so many compliments from wedding guests on our choice of DJ. I’ve already passed his information on to several brides-to-be.

3. He went above and beyond! Here are 4 examples:
    There were a couple times when a glass was dropped on the dance floor…Ken was the first one out there (with a flashlight) picking up the broken glass and tacking down a broom.

When it was time for bridal party to be announced, he somehow rounded everyone up. He came and found the bride and escorted me to where I needed to be so everything ran smoothly and on time.

When some of the kids started dancing before dinner ended, he asked us “Looks like people are ready to dance, do you mind up we give them some more upbeat music!”. Of course we agreed and all the kids loved it!!

During his dinner, he took recordings of the speeches and inserted them into the last song of the night (which was our first dance song). It was so touching and memorable and was the exclamation point to a beautiful night.

4. Communication was easy and quick: He met with us in-person prior to booking. This was very important to us, as we wanted to meet each of our vendors personally. I contacted a few other vendors and had to go through a receptionist that would “find a DJ for me based on personality and availability” and even when I asked to meet with one personally, it seemed like such an inconvenience for them. Ken was timely with emails, very kind, and very professional. The week before the wedding we spoke on over the phone to ensure each detail was in place and he had the correct pronunciation of all the bridal party members.

5. His web portal was convenient and easy to use for song request and the timeline of events. We really felt like he tailored the night for us and kept us at the center of it all.

We are thrilled with our decision to have Ken be our Wedding DJ and would strongly recommended him to any couple that that wants to work with someone they can trust and have an amazing wedding!!

mario · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Ken from AMP DJ Services for our wedding/reception and he was absolutely amazing. We are not a couple big on dancing, and we weren't expecting a huge crowd out on the dance floor, but people were dancing all night. Ken really knows how to put on a good show. The night flowed really smoothly and we had a lot of compliments after from guest how great it was. We know we will be using Amp Dj service in the future for events!!!!!!

Mario & Jeremie

Sent on 06/15/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks gentlemen! You had a great group of guests and were a pleasure to work with.

Jeremie · Married on 06/09/2018

Ken and his team were the most wonderful addition to our wedding . Ken keep the party on the dance floor all night. Many family and friends stated he was one of the best DJs they have ever heard at a wedding and asked for his info.The lighting was perfect also. We will be using AMP for many years to come. 6/9/18 #YouHadMeAtColcio

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2018

AMAZING service, punctual and attentive! Ken was perfect and made our night even better! Everyone was dancing all night! We couldn’t have picked a better DJ! Thank you Ken for everything! We will be recommending AMP to everyone!!!!

Oh, Ken even let me take over as DJ for pictures! It was great!!!!

Erin · Married on 05/19/2018

We used AMP DJ Services, for our music, up-lighting and photo booth at our wedding. Ken was awesome at helping us with our timeline and preparing the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We were set up with a great online tool that helped us to organize the timeline and choose all the important songs (processional, recessional, entrance and first dances). When we reached out to ask for some advice on the timeline, Ken didn’t hesitate to guide us the rest of the way. The day of the wedding we had no idea Ken was at the venue setting up, but when it was time to walk down the aisle the music was playing and we knew Ken had it handled.
    We choose to play the newlywed game, and so glad we did. We had guest say they had never seen that at a wedding and they really enjoyed it. The whole room was engaged and laughing at our responses. Ken also provided the photo booth and Solsnap. Solsnap is a mobile extension of the photo booth and can be brought out to the dance floor, and to guest at tables. This was an awesome way to get some great action shots on the dance floor and photos of people who may not have made it to the photobooth. It was a HUGE hit!
    As for the music. Ken had people dancing ALL night. We had guest of all ages, and we received multiple compliments of how great the music was. My mom mentioned more than once how professional Ken was and how amazing the music was.
    Ken ended the night with a surprise neither of us was expecting and it is something that we will cherish for years to come. We can honestly say, everyone at our wedding said they had never experienced something like that at a wedding before. We highly recommend Ken as he is professional, highly passionate about his work and will keep your guest dancing all night!!

Valerie · Married on 05/11/2018

Ken is amazing! My husband and I were getting married in Mexico and going to create our own playlist for the DJ to play down there. Less then a week before leaving for Mexico, we found ourselves with no playlist yet to give the DJ due to procrastination on our end (whoops). We reached out to Ken to see if he could throw something together for us and within a few days he provided us a site to select exactly which music we wanted, put the mix together, and even personalized some shout outs during the mix!

Not only did he create our wedding playlist but we had a different idea for our first dance where we merged together 4 different songs....he was also able to do this mashup for us too! He literally saved the day!!!

If you are looking for a fun, amazing DJ, definitely use Ken Murphy!!! Destination or local :) He gets the job done. Our guests danced all night and everyone loved the mix! THANKS KEN!

Sent on 07/07/2018
    Amp Event Professionals 9

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad your destination wedding was able to have a little Chicagoland flavor to it. Congratulations again!

Jon · Married on 04/07/2018

We booked Ken from AMP DJ services for our wedding on 4/8/17 and he was AWESOME!! Words cannot describe how easy Ken made the process. He was very easy to work with and took the time to really understand our needs.

He had the dance floor full all night and truly did a great job. We also booked our Photo Booth with AMP DJ Services and it was an amazing experience.

AMP DJ Services is reasonably priced and the value you're getting is second-to-none. Thank you again, Ken! I cannot wait to work with you again! Jon & Cristina

Sent on 05/13/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thank you for writing a review! It was a pleasure working with you as well!

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2017

It took me awhile to write this because I was thinking about what to say and how to express my gratitude and appreciation to Ken. Ken DJ’d my husband and I’s New Years Eve wedding. With it being on NYE we knew we needed to be smart and hire the right DJ. A DJ that would keep our guest on the dance floor and the party going. Well, Ken did just this and so much more. We first met Ken at my cousins wedding and it was the best wedding I’ve ever been too up until my own. I remember dancing my ass off and never wanting the night to end. When Mark and I got engaged I knew that I had to contact Ken right away because he HAD to be our DJ for our wedding. Thank god he was available and he was super excited since it was his first wedding on NYE. Throughout the whole process Ken was a great communicator and would send reminders to keep us on track with filling out our online music list. We had great trust in him that he would make our wedding one to remember, he nailed it. Since the wedding, people still are talking about how amazing it was. Everything from the lights, remixes, crowd engagement and most importantly the remake of our first song at the end of the night with a clip of all the speeches mixed into it. This was something that Mark and I were unaware of. It brought me to tears along with the rest of the crowd and really ended the best night of our lives perfectly. Ken truly loves his job and we HIGHLY recommend choosing him as your DJ. He’s the best out there and will make any day one to remember. Thank you so much Ken!

Amp Event Professionals 10

Matthew · Married on 12/29/2017

Ken and AMP DJ Services were absolutely incredible! Ken was super flexible and easy to work with at all hours of the day and night when crazy last minute changes were needed in the reception schedule. My fiancee and I had a mixed culture wedding and Ken delivered wonderful mixes of English and Polish music that kept people on the dance floor all night! We had several guests come to us and tell us that they had not danced that hard in years! I hate to give away all the wonderful surprises in store if you decide to work with Ken, but our last dance was phenomenal and will be cherished for decades by us. We also went with a photo booth and Mike, who was working the booth, never had a spare moment as every guest jumped in it for a few shots at least! Both Mike and Ken were very professional and delivered beyond our expectations. At least for our family, music and dance are integral to a good party and AMP DJ Services were superb! We hope to use their services again in the future!

Amy · Married on 10/29/2017

Ken from AMP DJ was absolutely amazing! My husband and I really can not say enough good things about him. Ken was extremely professional and helpful through the whole process and made working with him so easy. The portal he uses makes it so easy to be organized and reach out to him when need be. Ken was on point through the whole night. When our hostess knocked over our videography lighting during the father daughter dance, Ken was right there fixing it and extended our dance time to make up for it on the video. It was so great that he took charge even with us not using Amp dj for that specific service. There was never a point during our reception that the dance floor was empty. We received so may compliments and we still get told how our wedding was the best that anyone had been to, we know it was Ken that really made the night the best. He was full of surprises. He made us a snapchat filter and mixed the speeches in with our first dance song to play at the end of the night , we found out later he did it completely while everyone was eating diner! As someone who was trying to penny pinch the whole wedding, I can honestly say that Ken exceed all our expectations and was worth every penny! We will definitely be recommending Amp DJ to everyone we know!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! The two of you were an absolute pleasure to work with!

Tracy · Married on 10/21/2017

October 21, 2017

My husband and I have nothing but terrific things to say about Ken and AMP DJ Services. Ken's transformation he did with our pole-barn was beyond amazing (pictures attached). I had a vision for elegant country theme decor and Ken truly made that vision come to life. He added beautiful white drapes going across the barn, lights, and up lighting, Ken was very professional, kind, flexible, and creative. He went out of his way many times to make sure everything was how we wanted it, he was very helpful with suggestions if we weren't sure on what to do, and he has an amazing talent for setting an atmosphere so guests are comfortable and have a great time. I truly have never seen a dance floor SO packed for SO LONG at a wedding. Ken knew what music to play at what time to get the crowd going. I had an immense amount of guests who commented on how great our DJ Ken was, as well as the set up of the barn. Ken suggested a couples game that we were really excited to play in front of our guests. I was so happy we did the game because it was not only fun, but probably one of the best memories for us and our family and friends. We also had a photo booth that our guests ABSOLUTELY LOVED!! Everyone was laughing, smiling, and having a great time. We even had friends that wouldn't normally "come out of their shells" participate in the photo booth and really enjoy themselves. We got a copy of everyone's photos and the guests each got a copy as well. Ken also sent us the online link so we could view all of them. Looking at all the pictures helped us see moments we missed of our guests having a great time. I could go on and on about Ken and AMP DJ Services. I highly recommend them for any event, wedding, or celebration. Thank you Ken for making our wedding such an amazing day.

Amp Event Professionals 11
    Amp Event Professionals 12
    Amp Event Professionals 13
    Amp Event Professionals 14

Anna · Married on 10/20/2017

If you have landed on AMP DJ's page in the search of a DJ for your wedding or event, no need to look any further, Ken is your guy.
    We were lucky enough to have Ken from AMP as the DJ at our wedding on 10/20/2017 and he completely knocked it out of the park. From our very first conversation to follow up after the big day he always gave us 110%. Ken always got back to us within 24 hrs or less, was flexible with any changes we needed to make, truly valued our wants and needs for our big day and the quality of his services were impeccable. After working in the event planning industry for many years I was well aware how important it is to have a quality DJ/emcee and AMP DJ Services did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed literally all night from the very first song all the way to the very last.
    We cannot thank Ken enough for all that he did for us and would highly recommend him for your big day!

Patrick · Married on 10/13/2017

Ken is a true professional. From day one he was very helpful and always stayed in contact with us. Our wedding was a success due to the great music selection he provided all night. The dance floor was never empty. He gives off great energy and we would definitely recommend his services. Thank you!!

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband Adam and I got married last Saturday and were fortunate enough to have Ken Murphy from Amp DJ Services as our MC for the night. We could not have asked for a better experience! He was with us every step of the way and made the night go very smoothly. Our guests loved his music selections and his enthusiasm throughout the entire night. We could tell that Ken is very passionate about what he does. He certainly went above and beyond to make our night memorable. As mentioned before, our guests raved about Ken and how he kept them dancing all night long. He even offered a photo booth which all of our guests took advantage of and had a blast with all of the fun signs and props. We would recommend Amp DJ Services to anyone who wants to have a night to remember. Ken definitely helped make our wedding night as perfect as can be!