Amp Event Professionals Reviews

223 Reviews for Amp Event Professionals

• Melissa

Melissa Bosnyak · Getting married on 02/03/2021

Awesome Experience!

We worked with Ken and Ryan from Amp Event Professionals, and they were an absolute pleasure to work with. Ken really took the time to explain all the options and everything they offer. And our DJ Ryan went above and beyond all before and throughout the day of, coordinating with the other vendors to make everything go flawlessly. He discussed every detail of the wedding with us many times beforehand to get in every last request and cover every detail. We had so many compliments about him at the end of the night! His ability to read the crowd kept the dance floor packed the entire time and led to an unforgettable night. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 04/15/2020
  • I

Imad E · Married on 02/29/2020

Top of the Line

Ken Murphy is incredibly professional, super responsive, extremely well organized and has an impeccable presentation. Excellent value as well for a true professional/equipment/system . You won't regret working with Ken !

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Alexandria

Alexandria · Married on 09/28/2019

Phenomenal

We had DJ Ryan for our late September wedding. He was absolutely PHENOMENAL!! He made the planning process SOOOO incredibly easy and seamless. Our dance floor was packed the entire night!! Our timeline was delayed due to food service and he adapted so we would have enough time for everything. I seriously can’t say enough about him and Ken at AMP DJ. Everyone raves about him and the surprise he had at the end of the night. He definitely made the night!! I will be recommending him to all my friends!!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Dana · Married on 09/14/2019

Best DJ. Made our wedding everything we wanted!

We had Ryan as our dj. He did a great job. From the beginning planning on their portal to the day of, everything ran so smoothly. He had people dancing the entire time. He checked in through the night to see how things were going. The special final touch they do at the end of the evening is something you will never forget! I couldn’t have asked for a better evening.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Dana! We are glad you had an amazing wedding with Ryan as your DJ. Enjoy your honeymoon!
  • Lori

Lori · Married on 09/14/2019

One word: awesome!

ATTENTION: If you are still looking for a DJ --- I need you to stop what you are doing, hang up the DJ phone call that you are on right now and give AMP Event Professionals (Ken) a call RIGHT...... NOW! Not kidding!

My husband and I got married on September 14, 2019. We were searching high and low for a DJ for the LONGEST time, that had specific lighting functions and that could keep people on the dance floor and OFF of their seats. Our day was fulfilled with special guests (i.e., Tommy Hawk from NHL Blackhawks and a country singer, Blane Howard singing our first dance "Promise to Love Her." A contest that we won). Through the several meetings we had with Ken (In Person, Face Time, etc.) we had a vision that we wanted to bring to life. Ken was able to take all of our ideas and bring them to life even with some ideas that he has never done before! We had no idea what was in store until we walked into the reception hall.
    He had a stage set up for Blane Howard, his DJ TV Booth that is ONE OF A KIND, and was able to do things that we have never seen before. 3 TV's?!?!
    Sayyy Whatttt!?!?
    The lighting throughout the room was ON POINT. The lighting that we chose was very elegant and sophisticated during dinner. Ken was then able to crank it up when we were ready to get the party started! The light shows were all in coordination to the music played. He even took the time to do a special light show for Tommy Hawk! (AWESOME!) Also, big thank you to Mike; Ken's light tech! Ken really knew how to read the wedding guests to make sure that the dance floor was filled from start to finish. Throughout our day, Ken continued to surprise us with creative ideas that we have never seen before. Before the night ended, a special "something" happened....it brought tears to our eyes (happy tears!) and all of our family and friends thought it was a nice touch.
    Book AMP Event Professionals right away if you are looking for a DJ that cares about what YOU want on YOUR special day or event. They will take it to the next level and keep all of your guests partying until the night ends.
    And maybe...you will also get a response from your guests like we did, such as "You need to get married every year! This is awesome!"
    We had SO much fun and this is a wedding to remember!
    Thank you AMP EVENT PROFESSIONALS!
    Lori & Tim

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen Doherty · Married on 08/31/2019

Great DJ!

My husband and I are SO happy with our choice to have Ken dj our wedding. I do not exaggerate when I say this guy is bringing the wedding dj game to a new level. He kept our dance floor packed from the first song to the last, but he did so much more than that. He adds in so many special touches to make your wedding specific to you, memorable to your guests and fun, while simultaneously keeping an eye on every detail - ie, keeping us on schedule and making sure all VIP family members are in the room for all special moments throughout the night. Not to mention the "Ken Special" at the end of the night - trust me, you want this secret extra thing at your wedding! I had many guests tell me we had the best dj ever, and I can't help but agree. Whatever your occasion, I cannot recommend him enough. You will not be disappointed with Amp!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Jodi Woods Lindsten · Married on 08/03/2019

Magical Unforgettable Evening!

From beginning to end, Ryan and Ken were absolutely amazing!!! The communication was superb, and the assistance with our song list to accommodate multiple generations was incredible. We were even able to send mp3’s of some special songs to Ryan to play. We had a photo booth, beautiful lighting and a full dance floor the entire evening ❤️ You will not be disappointed with the professionalism of this great company! They exceeded our expectations and made our special day even more magical. The surprise is amazing!!!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Brooke Barber · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing DJ!

Ken Murphy at Amp DJ Services was the DJ for our wedding, and he did an amazing job! From the moment we first talked with him on the phone, we felt assured that he was going to do his best to make our reception amazing. The guests loved his music selection and kept the dance floor busy all night long. His website made it easy and convenient to select all the special songs and requests that we could think of. Ken especially was very accommodating, and made the time to have multiple phone conversations with us to answer any and every question we had. When you book a DJ, you want someone who’s going to make you and the guests happy, and Amp DJ Services certainly delivered!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Schildkraut · Married on 06/29/2019

The best DJ ever!!!

Ken at Amp Events did an amazing job as DJ for our daughter's recent wedding. He promised to knock our socks off and boy did he deliver. He played great music to keep the crowd dancing and personalized the evening like I have never before seen a DJ do. He did such an amazing and professional job that our son and his fiance have booked Ken for their 2020 wedding. Thanks Ken

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/29/2019

Hiring Ken will be the best decision you make!

Where do I even begin?! Ken and his team were amazing. Incredible attention to detail and personalized touches throughout the evening made our wedding just that much more special! Ken is actually a family friend so it was kind of a no-brainer that we would hire him as our DJ, and we knew he was a GREAT DJ, but he really, really delivered and I'd recommend him over and over to any Chicago area couples. Not only is he an excellent DJ, but he also comes with a full toolbox of additional services including a photobooth, draping/aisle runner, various lighting packages, etc... We sourced all of these services through Ken and it was more affordable bundling everything together with him than going through our venue for some of our lighting / draping needs. 10000% recommend Ken and his team!! Ken, thank you a million times over. Thinking back on our wedding night and how special you made it brings tears to my eyes. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Amy Prentice · Married on 06/16/2019

Ken was fantastic!

We are SO glad we were able to work with Ken at AMP Event Professionals for our wedding in Delavan, WI. He really stood out right away as someone who loves what he does and really wanted to make our wedding something people would remember! He surely did that! He helped everything run super smoothly during the reception. He enthusiastically worked with our special requests, so we got everything we wanted and more! We keep hearing about how fun the reception was. He also worked with us on prices which we greatly appreciate! We highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Roberson · Married on 05/26/2019

Amp Event Professionals. Ken Murphy

Exceptional DJ, very professional, creative and not just an ordinary DJ. Everything was top notch and personalized. Goes above and beyond. A very memorable night for the bride and groom as well as family and friends .

Sent on 06/01/2019

Emily · Married on 05/26/2019

Book them now!

Ken and his team are AMAZING! Ken pays attention to every little detail no matter how big or how small. We had our name in lights and he incorporated details from our invitation for it which I absolutely loved! I am a huge worrier but I didn't have to worry with him in charge. He made sure everything was running smoothly throughout the night and made sure to keep us updated on what was coming next. Throughout the night we kept getting comments about how awesome and impressive our DJ was. We also had the sol snap photobooth which was also a HUGE hit! What he does for the last dance is truly unique and amazing and is something we will never forget. We can't thank Ken enough because long story short he saved our wedding after a different DJ company ghosted us. We are recommending him to everyone we know!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan Maggio · Married on 05/25/2019

I truly cannot say enough great things about Ken! Thank you for making our day perfect!

I found Ken on Instagram randomly and am so glad I did! He was so easy to work with, very passionate about his business and work, and also was very accommodating to my last minute nature of getting everything together. He played for both our ceremony and reception. Family members and guest came up to me at the wedding and commented on how great of a DJ he was! He had everyone dancing all night which was all I wanted for my wedding.

The best part of the night was when Ken mixed our vows into our first song and played this at the end of the night. He also sent it to us that night.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Amy · Married on 05/18/2019

So amazing!!

DJ entertainment was amazing at my wedding!! Andy did such an amazing job throughout the whole day! Starting with the prep work before my wedding, he made sure to have multiple phone calls with me to finalize all the details for the big day. He arrived early at the venue to set everything up, so when we arrived, there was nothing else to worry about. Everything at my wedding went smoothly because Andy did such a great job as the MC, moving things along in the right timeline order, announcing the wedding party and scheduled programs when needed, and at the end of the night the dance floor was never empty because of Andy's awesome energy and song choices. Andy definitely helped make my wedding day stress free. Highly recommend :)

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Miguel

Miguel Amesquita · Married on 05/10/2019

What a Party!!

My wife and I are unsure of what word to use when it comes to describing. One word could not do it justice. We began working with Ken who sent us reviews, and videos to show what his company can do. After just one call my wife and I knew this was the right company. Ryan then took over the reigns of our wedding. He was a great communicator, and super enthusiastic the day of our wedding. He commanded the room when he was being the MC, and the tempo on the dance flow was perfect. The final piece was when he made that special piece at the end. We could not of been happier with Amp Event Professionals and Ryan!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Max

Max R Stehmeier · Married on 04/26/2019

professional fun attentive

read the room well, surprised us with an amazing tribute at the end

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 04/05/2019

One of a kind DJ services

My wife and I cannot say enough great things about having chosen Amp Event Professionals and having Ken as our DJ at our wedding on 4/26/19. From the moment we met Ken, we could tell how passionate he was about making our wedding reception special. Ken made sure that everything ran smoothly throughout the night and kept our dance floor rocking. He had many fun ways of getting our guests involved and keeping them fired up to celebrate our love. He really goes above and beyond what you see offered by others in the wedding industry. Our guests are still talking about our DJ and Solsnap offered through Amp Event Professionals, which was a big hit. We will highly recommend to friends and family. Thank you, Ken, for being one of easiest decisions during the wedding planning process!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 10/19/2018

Simply Amazing

Our wedding was Awesome, thanks to AMP DJ!!! Ken was amazing, everyone loved how he had everyone dancing and keeping it fun. They loved the fact that he was interacting with everyone. He would get on the dance floor and show you the dance if you didn't know it. His setup was excellent. We used his up lighting, photo booth, Monogram projection, and the platinum DJ package. The look was so professional. We couldn't be happier with his services! Thanks Ken.

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Monti · Married on 10/14/2018

AMP was AMPstanding!!!

From beginning to end Ken was personable and professional to work with. The online planning tools really helped me to organize the day and pick the right music. On the big day I was very confident in Ken as he kept the day moving along smoothly. He kept the crowd involved and everyone had a great time. Hire this guy! He is OUTSTANDING and worth every penny!!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks so much Lisa, your Sunday afternoon wedding was one for the books! So glad you had an awesome time. Please keep in touch!

Laura Elizabeth Dahm · Married on 10/13/2018

Outstanding Experience with AMP DJ Services

Ken and AMP DJ Services were OUTSTANDING! From the first time we met Ken, we knew he was our guy. We did not even think twice about looking any further and called him ASAP to reserve our wedding date. You can tell from the get-go that this is Ken’s passion and he loves what he does. Our wedding day was extra incredible because of him. From his preparation, communication and absolutely flawless service – he hit it out of the park. Our guests (younger and older) all commented on the music and the smooth flow of the entire event. There was never a dull moment on the dance floor and the guests thoroughly enjoyed their time. As the bride and groom, we cannot express enough gratitude for his service. From the moment the prelude music began to the very last beat, Ken was professional, accommodating and genuinely cared about our best day ever.

Last but definitely not least, if you choose AMP DJ Services you are in for an incredibly perfect moment that was created just for you. I will not say anymore, but it meant the absolute world to my husband and I, and left all the guests in awe. Trust me – you want this surprise and you will not find it anywhere else :)

A HUGE THANK YOU again!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Laura! You and Andy had a great crowd and I had a blast DJing for them! I do have passion, along with the rest of my team.

Katie Shannon · Married on 09/28/2018

Amazing service!

We had THE BEST experience with Amp DJ Services. We worked with Ken, and he was simply amazing! We wanted to add an extra personal touch to our ceremony by recording interviews of the bride and groom about each other and playing the interviews during our walk down the isle. About three months before our wedding, Ken came to our home twice to record the interviews of my husband and I. He made sure they sounded perfect before he started putting our ceremony song together. He put so much effort into this special request, and it turned out awesome! I would definitely recommend inquiring about this experience when speaking with Ken! Most of our guests were in tears (happy tears) :) during our ceremony because Ken put the interview together so well and timed it up perfectly. He played my interview while my husband walked down the isle and my husband's interview while I walked down the isle. He also played our response to how we first met while our wedding party walked down the isle. It was a very unique portion of a ceremony that we had never seen before. We STILL have friends and family telling us how much they LOVED the voiceovers during our ceremony. They keep telling us how it was such a special and personal ceremony and unlike any wedding they have ever been to. We cannot thank Ken enough for this! He put our voiceover together in such a special way. We could not be happier with how it turned out. We cry every time we watch it back (all happy tears of course). :)

While guests were coming into the reception hall, Ken had our engagement pictures on display on his DJ booth. Once the reception started, he put a picture from our ceremony on display. It looked AMAZING! I can't even recall how many compliments we have received about our wedding DJ. THANKS, KEN!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Katie! You and Chris even brought me to tears during the ceremony. A truly awesome experience that I am so glad I got to be a part of!

Colleen · Married on 09/15/2018

Ken was an absolute pleasure to work with! He was incredibly helpful and really helped the day run smoothly! As a bride who was stressing about everything, I promise you if you use Ken and Amp Event Professionals, you will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks Colleen! I loved DJing your country wedding!

Natalie · Married on 09/08/2018

Ken was our DJ at the Byron Colby Barn for our wedding in Sept. 2018! We can't compliment him enough on the wonderful job that he did! From the pre-wedding set-up to the final dance! Before the wedding he is very organized and you are able to plug in songs that you want and organize a schedule all on his website (which is on a private log in between you and the DJ). He also gave a ton of suggestions for my wedding which was unique compared to many, my husband and I were married for about a year before we had our "celebration", this was due to my father dying and I wanted to get married before he did! Knowing this Ken helped complete all my requests like keeping a special song a secret, and helping me figure out the best ways to honor my father at my wedding. His different suggestions made the wedding more special then I could ever imagined! The special touches he added, the lighting, music was all perfect! So many of my friends complimented how great our DJ was! I don't think I have been to another wedding where so many people danced for so much of the night! The very end of our wedding was so special with something Ken surprised us with! It was so thoughtful and sweet!

We also used his new walking photo booth or as he calls it the solsnap! That thing was amazing! It is one of a kind and everyone enjoyed it and getting the photos sent right to them was also fun! It was great especially because the barn had two levels and I had many people who couldn't walk upstairs if we would have had a regular photo booth.

We just want to say thank you so much for making our wedding so incredibly special! The right DJ can make your event go a lot smoother and keep everyone dancing the whole night! We appreciate it so much!

The Sanders!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Dennis · Married on 08/24/2018

My now wife and I had an immediate connection with Ken. We could tell that he loves what he does and we were confident in his abilities. Ken has an awesome setup and took the time to make sure everything was right. We had an outdoor ceremony and it was a very windy day, however each person could clearly hear what was going on. Ken got the crowd moving and had fantastic ideas to make our wedding day, ours! When groups of people started to get a little tired... He AMPed it up!!! Ken went above and beyond our expectations as he helped other vendors and even created a special memory for a young guest of ours. Ken had a great mix of music for everyone and just when I thought the emotional day was done.... Ken made a special gift that my wife, freinds, family and future family will hold dear to our hearts. The photo booth he provided was great and we had comments about all the fun our guests had for weeks after the party was over. AMP is an easy choice for any couple to make!

Sent on 09/08/2018