Bahamas Wedding Planner Reviews

60 | Nassau, BS

60 Reviews for Bahamas Wedding Planner

Kim · Married on 03/03/2016

With our busy lives, when we decided to get married I had no clue where to go or who to trust in helping with our plans.
    I inquired to a few places, Paulette answered my inquiry immediately. (Some I never got an answer from at all). With emails flying back and forth I managed to figure out a date, not an easy task with grown children and work schedules.
    Once we got that set, Paulette was wonderful in making all our dreams come true. Though we were only going to have our kids with us, friends got word and decided to join us. Paulette was wonderful at giving me ideas and more than accommodating on anything I wanted. Very patient with our changes, always kind and helpful.
    We had a small intimate ceremony on the beach with dinner set up only a few feet away. Steel drums for local flare, fabulous dinner and service. Everyone had a blast! I did not have to worry about anything, Paulette took care of it all down to the littlest detail.
    We have to mention that none of us are cake eaters, the cake she had made was so delicious that my husband ate 2 pieces and was looking for more. None of us ever had a cake so tasty.
    My only regret is that our children will also be getting married, one in New York, the other in California and Paulette won’t be there to take care of things. I do have people helping out, but none of them compare to Paulette’s kindness and expertise.
    If anyone is considering getting married in Nassau, Paulette is the person to go to.
    We had a magical wedding coordinated by a very special lady.
    I cannot thank her enough for making our dreams come true.
    We love you Paulette.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Ok Kim - you had to touch my old heart again! Thank you for your kind words - I am so blessed to have such wonderful people come in my life---- and i know that you will remain here!! See you again!

Emily · Married on 02/13/2016

Paulette was so helpful to us over our wedding weekend & leading up to the big day. I had hired her for "day of coordination" only, but she helped with so much more. Our plans were pretty simple & we didn't need too much -- only our friends & family, a venue, some food & drink & music -- but that's a bit difficult to plan from afar. Paulette helped with the selection of a few vendors & was able to organize everything seamlessly for the day of our wedding. We were arriving to the Bahamas for our wedding via a weekend long cruise with our friends and family. The day of our wedding was the day the ship was docking in Nassau, and we were shuttling our guests across the island to the Compass Point Resort for our ceremony & reception. The ship was docking in Nassau on Saturday & we had our big day planned!! To our surprise & shock, the cruise ship told us of a "change in the itinerary" as we were boarding on Friday. Yes - the day before my wedding day, I was told that we would no longer be going to Nassau on Saturday, but now Sunday instead. I had a moment of shock & freak out. I called Paulette to see what we could do - the venue, the band, the shuttle buses for my guests, everything had been planned for Saturday. Within 10 minutes I got a call back from Paulette.... "We're all set!" That's what she said. "What, huh" I replied.... "We're all set for Sunday. Everything the same, just Sunday." Paulette told me again. She somehow had worked complete magic in those 10 minutes and switched all of our plans & vendors & venue bookings to the following day. That, my friends, is magic.
    She took that stress I had felt about this mess and washed it away. Everything turned out perfect... We had an awesome day & Paulette was a big, huge part of pulling it all together. I highly recommend her services, she is one of a kind!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Emily thank you so much for your review - I am happy that i was able to help you to enjoy your day - you made it easy
    Continued happiness and joy to you both!

Stefan · Married on 11/16/2015

Everything was absolutely fantastic.
    Thank you Paulette for making a perfekt celebration for us, the whole family!
    best regards from Stefan, Jojo, Martin and Jesper

Sent on 12/01/2015

Paulette was wonderful to work with planning our vow renewal. Everything turned out perfect, it was a magical time. She is very pleasant and really made it special for us.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Paulette was an absolute God send. I could not have managed without her. We had 315 people in the Bahamas for a 4-day wedding celebration over Bahamian independence day weekend, and thanks to her, everything was perfect! She did so much more than was asked or expected of her, and was such a calming and positive influence.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Sam J. · Married on 07/04/2015

Paulette and her Amour Affairs team made our big day at Compass Point such an amazing experience. From when we began discussing our plans with her, all the way through until Paulette herself served her last scoop of ice-cream (which was so far over-and-above her duties!), she made it such a special day for us and we couldn’t have been happier with the final result. We really appreciated her attention to detail, particularly making sure that everything ran to schedule (and we didn’t have to rely on ‘Island Time’!), it meant we didn’t have to worry about a thing.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Sam and Jessica. I think you know how much we enjoyed being a part of such a wonderful day and group. I hope that you will come back and celebrate with us in the Bahamas again. Best wishes always.

Katie · Married on 04/29/2015

Wonderful planning and wonderful ceremony. We were treated like family

Sent on 05/05/2015

Sierra · Married on 04/25/2015

Thanks to Paulette, my wedding at Compass Point was absolutely PERFECT. Since this was a destination wedding and I had never been to the Bahamas before, I relied on Paulette for pretty much everything. She was worth every penny. I knew I could email her with any idea, request, or question, and she would either handle it or get back to me (usually faster than I could respond back to her!). For example, I wanted to get welcome bags for my guests, and Paulette did all the leg work, suggesting different local items I could include, how much they all cost, then she went and picked them all up and delivered them to me. She also took care of all the marriage paperwork, which was huge. My husband and I literally only had to show up to the government office, show our faces and passports, and sign a couple documents.
    On the actual wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a thing - Paulette took care of it all. I had left a lot of things up to Paulette, such as music (I had no specific song requests for the ceremony, cocktail hour, or even the reception), flower arrangements (all I said was to make them colorful), and I didn't have any formal activities during the reception (no first dance, throwing the bouquet, etc.). I have to say, I'm glad I didn't specify any of that because Paulette did an amazing job!!! The decorations were gorgeous, the hair stylist/makeup artist she hired for me did an amazing job, everything was set up and ready on time, the ceremony and reception flowed seamlessly, the wedding cake was beautiful and delicious, and the junkanoo dancers had perfect timing right after dinner to get the dancing started!!
    Throughout the entire wedding planning experience, Paulette was always friendly, professional, and extremely helpful. Everything was so beautiful and went so smoothly, I couldn't ask for anything more. She made my dream wedding a reality!!!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Jennifer · Married on 04/24/2015

I couldn't have imagined a better wedding for myself. The entire event was magical! Paulette turned my dreams into reality.. She listened to everything I wanted. I brought pictures of ideas that I had and she went above and beyond to make the impossible, possible. I didn't have a single worry on my wedding day because Paulette had everything under control. She communicated with me through the entire process. She was professional, reliable, however I felt like she was a close friend or family member because I felt that she was truly interested, invested and as excited for the wedding as I was. I would highly recommend Amour Affairs as well as their network of connections. First class all the way!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Brittany · Married on 03/26/2015

Paulette was amazing! She helped with my destination wedding at Atlantis. She was able to help me with services that Atlantis couldn't provide (dress steamer)! She is very professional and great to work with!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Brittany. I was thrilled that your day came together so nicely. I wish you both so much happiness and look forward to seeing you when you come back!

Our arrival in Nassau was delayed for a day because of the Juno winter storm in NYC. This totally mixed up the whole wedding schedule and all arrangements. Thanks to Paulette's flexibility and professional skills, she rearranged everything within a day, and we were able to get married as planned. We are forever grateful to her!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

I am happy we were able to still make things happen in an enjoyable way for you both!! Congratulations x 2.

Marian · Married on 01/19/2015

The whole service was more than just perfect!
    We've learned loving Paulett within the first 10 seconds.
    We could'nt imagine that there is anyone else out there to plan our wedding more amazing than she did.
    Her flexibility and great devotion is sensational.
    She made our wedding to the most amazing day in our lives.
    Highly recommended!!!
    12 from 10 Points :)

booked: full day personal Service / wedding at the beach / marriage officer / support with all visits to the authorities (all fees included ) / support getting the dresses / hairdresser / foto artist / limo / wedding cake / champagne / tropical bouquet / boutonniere

from Munich / Germany

Sent on 02/25/2015

Halee · Married on 12/15/2014

I'm not even sure where I could begin. Paulette is the most amazing person you could ever have on your side when planning your big day. From working in the wedding industry I was very picky and was on a very tight budget. I saw her great reviews and after emailing with her a few times, I was positive she'd be the one to make my fairytale come true. She is very quick at responding to emails and is very detailed. She always kept me posted on pricing and payments received. She was very flexible with getting my payments and my crazy thoughts. Paulette has so many great connections that made my day come together just so. My bouquets were amazing, my cake was awesome (looks and taste), my DJ was amazing, the food at Luciano's was great, the transportation (limo and shuttle bus) were perfect, my decorations were more than I could hope for and the personalized straw fan favors that she had taken care of for me were the best. My ceremony location (Paradise Island Public Beach), was absolutely beautiful. My guests were stunned by the location. The water was so blue and it was so peaceful. I cannot say enough nice things about Paulette and her staff (Pam who met us at the pier was so sweet too). If you are getting married in Nassau, whether you come by cruise like us or travel to the island yourself, Amour Affairs is the way to go. We will definitely reach out to her for a vow renewal in 10 years :-)

Sent on 12/22/2014

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Halee thank you for your kind words. I am happy that I was able to live up to your expectations. I hope you will come back to the Bahamas and experience more of our island.

Kristina · Married on 12/06/2014

Paulette is amazing! Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to her. All of the vendors she used were excellent. I'm so glad we hired her, it made the planning process so easy and the wedding was stress free for us and our guests. I highly recommend Amour Affairs for planning a Bahamas wedding! She far exceeding my expectations!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Kristina. You and your family and friends were an amazing group. We wish you much happiness.

Jill · Married on 12/05/2014

Paulette and her partners were amazing and far exceeded all of our expectations!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Jill, it was a pleasure working with you.

Laura · Married on 07/12/2014

Paulette was absolutely wonderful. She was very quick to respond to all e-mails and requests during planning, she was very professional and helpful, and managed to custom make all of my design ideas with great accuracy. She made the wedding planning process very easy, and she was there with us through the whole day of the wedding making sure everything went as planned. I was absolutely recommend her to anyone thinking about having their wedding in Nassau, in fact I already have.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Laura. Your kind words are appreciated. See you when you come back - hopefully soon

Derrick · Married on 06/22/2014

Amour Affairs and Paulette Davis did a terrific job for me and my wife. Paulette and her team took our wishes and ideas from the US and made them a reality in Nassau. She stayed in touch with us and voiced any concerns that may cause us issues on the big day. On the day of our wedding, Paulette did all the running around to ensure everything was perfect. She is the epitome of a planner. I wasn't only impressed with her work but also with her professionalism. She is now not only our wedding planner but a trusted advisor. I highly recommend Paulette.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Joann · Married on 08/02/2013

If you are planning a destination wedding in The Bahamas, you really need to hire Paulette and her team. Because of Paulette, it was possible for us to successfully plan a destination wedding in New Providence, by email, from Canada, in under 5-weeks. She made sure we had exactly what we wanted for our wedding, while also making sure we had services we didn't even realize we needed (such as an escort to the government office for our marriage license). Paulette arranged absolutely everything, including the schedule of events, the pastor, the limos, the hair-stylist, the flowers, the cake, the musicians and the amazing photographer. She was able to ask the right questions and interpret our answers (again, all by email!) in order to create a lovely event. She also had the skill of appearing at moments through the day to step-in and make sure that things were going smoothly. For example, she quietly made sure that my wedding bouquet was placed in a vase of water, which seems like a small thing, until you hear the context: our wedding guests had breakfast with us at 10am, we got married at 11am, spent the day on the beach and then had dinner again with our group in the evening, where I found my bouquet on the centre of the dinner table. Since Paulette kept my bouquet alive that whole time until we left at 9pm, I was able to bring it home and keep it in a vase for the week after the wedding, which was a wonderful reminder of our great day. I can only assume that there were many examples of Paulette's behind-the-scenes work that we will never know about, and the proof of which was our beautiful, worry-free event. When John and I look back with fond memories of the wedding, we know that it was possible only because of Paulette’s support and expertise. Our wedding guests still tell us about how special the wedding was and we are getting a lot of requests to do it all again for our one-year anniversary! If we do it, the first person we will call will be Paulette!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/11/2013

Our experience with Paulette was absolutely amazing. We had a vision of what our wedding would be like and it went above and beyond our expectations. She helped us meet and plan with vendors, kept us on track financially as well as emotionally, gave us wonderful ideas, and she became our friend immediatly. Planning a destination wedding is said to be somewhat difficult but this was easy thanks to her. Paulette is very organized, extremely detail oriented, and very easy to communicate with. I highly recommend Amour Affairs. You are guarnteed to have the most beautiful experience.

Sent on 12/21/2013

Susan · Married on 05/09/2013

Met and exceeded every expectation. Not only professional and on point with every decision and task, but just simply a true pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Amour Affairs!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Vanessa · Married on 05/04/2013

Our wedding experience can only be described as surreal in that it was dreamy and perfect. We are glad that Paulette came into our lives. From the cake to the flowers, it was incredible.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Caitlin · Married on 01/31/2012

The best day of my life! Thank you to Paulette and everyone who helped her in the Bahamas. She really tried to help me, a very difficult bride, with every detail. I was on a tight budget but Paulette made it all work out. She got to know me and my wants. She made this day better than I could have ever imagined! I was married by an amazing officiant at an amazing location (Compass Point). Everyone who attended our wedding keeps commenting on how it was the most amazing wedding they have ever been to. My guests even comment on how great Paulette was about getting everyone where they needed to be and when then needed to be there. She is very professional and friendly. I highly suggest Paulette's services to anyone who is looking for their wedding dreams to come true. Thanks again for making my wedding better than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 02/20/2012
  • Elisabete

Elisabete · Married on 01/28/2012

We closed the deal with Paulette from Amour Affairs on the last minute, she was very helpful and flexible for what we requested. We were worried about making this transaction over the phone, but we didn't have a choice as the Royal Caribbean Cruises never called us back to help us plan our wedding during our cruise. I found Amour Affairs's website on google. Paulette was very helpful and flexible to help us make the most of our day.
    We had a very modest & simple ceremony, but turned out to be super special & perfect :) I was surprised with the bouquet, BEAUTIFUL! The beach she picked was a public beach (we didn't want to pay any extra fee) PERFECT, Paradise beach - the right name for that place.
    Paulette is totally trustworthy and well known in this industry. I already recommended her to my friend that is getting married soon ;) can't wait to go back to Nassau and photograph the wedding, what a perfect and worry free way to get married! ;)

Sent on 04/04/2012

Leonilla · Married on 10/29/2011

Paulette and her team were a Godsend! They made planning a wedding in the Bahamas from the other side of the world practically effortless, I never would have been able to do it without her. And I miss her now the whole process is over! Would happily recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Denise · Married on 09/09/2011

My wedding planner was very helpful in making my day perfect. I couldnt have hired somebody better for the job!

Sent on 12/07/2011