American Theater Reviews

4 | Charleston, SC

4 Reviews for American Theater

Anna · Married on 08/27/2016

So when I first started looking at wedding venues I wanted something in the spring and outdoors in one of the local gardens. And on a whim I toured The American Theater and I knew it was meant to be the moment I walked in. We had our ceremony in the actual cinema, cocktails in the lounge, and the ballroom was there for the reception. It was wonderful having everything in one space and begin able to be comfortable even in the summer. The venue itself is something out of a magazine. I love the historical details including some of the original theater pieces. Photos are gorgeous there and having the caterer on site is a dream!

The catering. We opted for stations and it was the BEST. DECISION. EVER. Five months later, people are STILL talking about how good the food was. And I couldn't agree with them more! Everyone on the staff is super professional and communicative. We loved everything from appetizers, dinner, and dessert!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Chelsy · Married on 07/16/2011

The American Theater was truly a find. It is really a gem! We had our wedding reception here and it was a bLAST! The staff was SO attentive and kind and had attention to detail like you wouldn't believe. My husband and I are movie buffs and we have "old school" personalities, so this gem from American history was the perfect backdrop for our event. We decided on this theatre late in our wedding planning stage, switching from another Charleston venue and boy are we NOT sorry that we did!! Our wedding was a destination wedding, and everyone raved about the location and the ambiance of the theatre. The food was TO DIE FOR (the caterer for this location is FISH from the Fish restaurant downtown!!) and it is owned by the Patrick Properties Hospitality Group. The booking staff and the general managers that worked with us were great! They were available to my planners at the drop of a hat, and were very accomodating and very helpful, seeing as though we dont live in SC and weren't able to see the venue until the week of. This property comes HIGHLY recommended- we loved our reception here it was a night never to forget - by us or our guests!!

Sent on 08/03/2011

cindy · Married on 02/25/2012

American Theater is a Patrick Properties venue. The setting was exactly what was wanted by the bride and groom. The space size was perfect and the staff worked very well with us. Margaret Roberts was a dream to work with; listening and assisting with all aspects of the reception.

Sent on 03/31/2012

Kristina · Married on 02/28/2015

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

We had a wonderful wedding here and the space is so unique it could be tailored to almost any event. The night before our wedding, we had a rehearsal in the theater space and the ballroom was being turned into a seven deadly sins birthday event. What amazing versatility. The staff is great and would recommend for a bride who wants everything in one place kind of event. The food is amazing (catered in house by Fish Restaurant)!

Sent on 07/09/2015