Ambient Event Design Reviews

8 | Santa Barbara, CA

8 Reviews for Ambient Event Design

carrie · Married on 10/12/2013

Jeff and Amy are both amazing people to work to with. Extremely talented and flexible! Thank you both for contributing your awesomeness to our special day! You guys are the best!

Sent on 04/13/2014

laura · Married on 04/25/2010

Amy is such a creative soul! When we met her, we immediately wanted to have her let loose and have fun in creating a beautiful floral-scape. I highly recommend her!!!!!

Sent on 05/01/2010

Katherine · Married on 08/29/2015

3.0

I used Ambient for my lighting and power. Best price compared to other vendors for the same order with no compromise on service and never tried to up-sell me on things that I did not need! I also used them for DIY flowers- they ordered the flowers for me and charged me a very reasonable fee to clean all the flowers so that I could cut and arrange them myself.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Kate · Married on 07/20/2013

4.2
      3.5

Amy with Ambient Event Design did a beautiful job for our wedding. We met with her at the venue a few months ahead of time and got a general idea of what we would see. However, when we actually walked into the venue on the day of our wedding, what we saw was above and beyond anything we expected. The ceremony decor was amazing, the bouquets and boutonnieres were gorgeous, and the reception decor was unbelievably beautiful. She really made it all happen, just as we had wanted it.
    I had the straps removed from my dress and gave them to Amy, asking her to do something with them for my bouquet and she did that as well, at no extra charge.
    We were able to use all of her own items, instead of renting them, too, which made a huge difference cost-wise. She used her lanterns, signage, vases, burlap, mason jars, staging, and aisle runner.
    Ambient did a fabulous job!

Sent on 07/30/2013

4.2
      3.0

I hired Ambient to provide outdoor overhead "Italian" style lighting over the dinner tables in the back garden of the Montecito home where I was married. The end result was exactly what I had envisioned, and Geoff came up with a design that would not require too many lighting poles to invade the dining space. It was beautiful! My only complaints were that communications were a little slow (it took awhile to set our initial meeting and several weeks to get a quote after he came to the site), and they arrived in the afternoon (instead of during the morning) on the day of the wedding set up which resulted in me panicking a little....but ultimately they came through!

Sent on 12/16/2013

3.0

The work that Ambient provided us was exquisite. Upon walking into our wedding venue, my eyes filled with tears and I couldn't believe the beauty that surrounded me. The chandeliers, draping, and additional lighting were more than I ever could have hoped for! However, I found it difficult to contact Jeff when needed. Also, he was supposed to arrive on the Thursday before my wedding, and after spending all day trying to contact him, he notified us around 7PM that he wouldn't be able to make it out until first thing Friday morning. As a bride, this created stress that I shouldn't have had to go through...hoping it was just a one-time thing because the services provided were out of this world!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Susan · Married on 06/17/2017

1.0

Ambient provided bistro lighting for my private estate wedding. I unfortunately can't leave a positive review. I will say the lights looked beautiful during the event, but their unproffessionalism afterwards is unacceptable. While setting up the lights, the professionals did not properly open the circuit breaker panel. They did not remove all the screws and ended up pulling off the cover incorrectly and bending it such that it would no longer close. Given that it was an outdoor circuit breaker, this was a blatent safety issue. The real issue in the end is not that they wouldn't fix, but that they ignored that it happened completely. We attempted multiple times to discuss the issue with them, all of which they ignored. If you want a company who will treat you and your venue with respect then I suggest trying someone else.

Sent on 07/16/2017