55 Reviews for Ambiance Lighting Pros, Inc.

Accent (1)
Wall Wash (1)
Delivery (1)
Setup (1)
46 Ambiance Lighting Pros, Inc. Reviews

Very flexible, great production value. Danny and team will listen to all intricate details you would like to display. Very competitive quotes as well; overall best bang for your buck

Profile Picture User7095423, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Accent, Dance Floor, Monograms, Pinspotting, Uplighting, Wall Wash

Ambiance provided pretty much everything one could ask for.

Linda was responsive, frequently emailing me back within a couple hours.

Quality of work on the day of the wedding was great--everything we expected.

Price of service was good--I did a lot of comparing (I do investment research for my day job, and so I'm good at researching comparisons).

They even went to my venue prior to the wedding to see how everything would need to be set up and compliant with my venue.

Any time I needed an adjustment or had a question, Linda was quickly let me know how things would work out.

While Ambiance executed well, and with speed and a good price, my only suggestion to achieve a perfect score would be to have brought some new perspective that would make my wedding even more awesome.

I recognize that a company has a finite amount of time to provide the best service, so I don't hold it against them. I just wish, as I do with a lot of the vendors, that they could have brought some ideas that would have made my 1930s Shanghai wedding theme even more awesome than the ideas that I came up with.

Thanks Linda, Danny, and everyone at the Ambiance team!

Profile Picture J, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Ambiance provided pretty much everything one could ask for.

Linda was responsive, frequently emailing me back within a couple hours.

Quality of work on the day of the wedding was great--everything we expected.

Thanks Linda, Danny, and everyone at the Ambiance team!

Profile Picture john, 5/24/15, 1 Review
1.1

PLEASE GET ALL THE DETAILS IN WRITING, ANYTHING VERBAL DISCUSSED OVER THE PHONE WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU. LINDA WAS NOT HELPFULL SHE DID NOT RETURN CALLS, EMAIL INFO WHEN REQUESTED,PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THE PRODUCT... WHEN ASKED QUESTIONS SHE PASSED IT ON TO DANNY, WHO WOULD PUSH IT ONTO VERBAL CONVERATIONS WITH THE BRIDE, WHO HE FELT ON THE WEDDING DAY SHOULD RETAIN HIS VERBAL INSTRUCTIONS ON OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT. WE RENTED A "DRY ICE" LOW LYING FOG MACHINE AND THIER SET UP GUY PLACED IT UNDER A AIR VENT WHICH TURNS OUT IS A NO-NO FOR THIS MACHINE, LINDA INSTRUCTED THE MACHINE WAS TO BE WARMED UP 1.5 HRS BEFORE NEEDED AND DANNY'S INSTRUCTIONS WERE 15 MINS. COME THE BIG GROOM AND BRIDE DANCE AND WE GOT A HUGH PLUME OF FOG......... THE EFFECT WE WERE HOPING FOR FAILED!! DANNY'S EXPLANATION WAS WEAK, "THE BRIDE WAS INCOURAGED" TO HIRE OUR TECHNICIANS TO RUN THE FOG MACHINE, WHEN ASKED WHAT WAS HIS TECH GOING TO DO THAT ANYONE WHO WOULD OF BEEN INSTRUCTED BY HIS SET UP GUY COULD'NT DO.... HE THEN WENT INTO THE ICE MUST HAVE MELTED, THE SET UP TOOK PLACE AT 12:30, WEDDING STARTED AT 2:30, COUPLES DANCE WAS AT 5-5:30PM REALLY DANNY YOU EXSPECT US TO BELIEVE DRY ICE WHEN PLACED IN A INSULATED CONTAINER WILL MELT IN THAT TIME FRAME........ OVERALL GRADE FAIL!!

Profile Picture ANTHONY, 9/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Great service! Danny responded so fast. Lighting looked great.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

We hired Ambiance Pros to set up lighting for our outdoor wedding at Heritage Square Museum in Los Angeles. The area in which needed lighting did not have a lot of places where string lights could be hung. Danny was very helpful in finding just the right place to do the setup and made the entire event look elegant and beautiful! We were on a budget but Danny his son and father did an amazing job with the setup and made sure there was enough lighting to cover a huge area of the space with the money we spent. They came later that night after the wedding was over to take everything down in a timely manner we really couldn't be happier with their services! Thanx again Danny!

Profile Picture Letty, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Well what can I say but, STELLAR, AMAZING, MAGICAL for the beautiful lighting scheme Ambiance provided for our ultra chic wedding at the SLS Beverly Hills this past weekend!

Danny and his team totally worked with our budget to give us a tremendous lighting extravaganza for our special day! Our guests raved about THREE things: the amazing food, the awesome DJ and the exquisite lighting provided by Ambiance Lighting Pros. Whether your talking about a huge hall or the smallest of venues, they can make your special event look magnificent! Efficient, artistic, accommodating...Ambiance has it all! I highly recommend them for any event. I know I will for mine!!!!

Profile Picture Philip, 7/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Danny at Ambiance Pros was AMAZING!! I can't sum it up enough how pleasant it was working with him. Being in the wedding industry myself, I am looking for professionalism, responsiveness, rave reviews and knowledge. Last but not least, value and of course the bottom line/numbers. He took our vision, talked with us in understanding our needs and worked within our budget! He was extremely knowledgable and made suggestions where needed AND in a timely manner. LOVED that.

On the day of our wedding he set up our custom mongoram gobo lighting and uplights efficiently and on time (according to my planner). She said it looked BEAUTIFUL and that I would love it when I saw it! Sadly, we didn't even get to meet him in person to thank him.

I have already referred him to several friends and other bride and grooms who have shared the same glowing sentiments that I have for Danny and his team. Thank you Danny for making our "dream wedding" a reality!!!

Profile Picture User3478814, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

The lighting was absolutely magical! It created a festive atmosphere and added a whimsical charm to my daughter’s vintage backyard wedding. Your lighting installers were prompt, professional and went above and beyond to ensure that the lights were perfect. Watching my daughter and her new husband dance together under the warm glow of the market lights is a moment I will forever treasure. I cannot thank you enough and I would highly recommend Ambiance Lighting Pros to anyone in need of lighting services.

Profile Picture Juanita, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Working with Danny was a breeze and of all the vendors we solicited for our wedding day, he was by far the most flexible and quickest to reply to our inquiries. I worked with him entirely over email and everything was set up just as we discussed and within our agreed upon budget. I sent out quite a few bids for lighting, and Danny and his team came in with a full service package quote that blew us away! More than being affordable, Ambiance Pros really delivered on our wedding day, illuminating perfectly the gorgeous outdoor backdrop we chose for our ceremony. We would absolutely call Danny again with any lighting request!

Profile Picture User3217591, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Danny and his professional team at Ambiance Lighting Pros created the most beautiful lighting atmosphere. The Dorothy Chandler Pavilion is already a beautiful venue, but Ambiance took it to an entirely different level. Very creative lighting effects, great pricing, super professional team. I can't say enough about them! The lighting truly made my reception magical. Thanks guys!

Profile Picture Drew, 11/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Danny is awesome!! He made my ballroom super pretty with his professional lighting service. Danny is very easy to work with, and he is very knowledgeable too!!!! Thank you Danny!!!

Profile Picture Jeannie , 10/27/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Excellent job done for my Wedding. Everything was terrific and dealing with Danny is a breeze...Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Adam, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

After shopping around, Ambience had the best prices. Not only was there lighting awesome, but they brought extra lighting just in case and didn't charge me!! Not to mention their onside staff. They were the from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Steven, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

I worked with Danny and his crew at Ambiance Lighting Pros for the first time in 2012 and I have to say that they are my preferred lighting vendor!! It is extremely important to work with vendors you can rely on and trust to help execute the vision and wishes of the clients, just as they expect it to be! I have not been let down once by Danny or his team... and I don't anticipate it either!
He helps to deliver what the clients want, doesn't over promise or under deliver!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/1/12, 1 Review

Lighting, lighting, lighting.
It was an absolute MUST for us when we got married this past August.

At first, we went through a friend of a friend who knew somebody. (Which almost never turns out well, BTW.) Apparently, they thought we were made of money because the cost to pull off the lighting for our reception would have been the cost of a new car!

After much research, we met up with Danny, who owns and manages Ambiance Lighting Pros. We told him our wish-list (we're of the Go-Big-Or-Go-Home variety) and surprisingly, he said that he can give us everything on our list and STILL come in below our budget. My jaw nearly dropped to the ground! We paid our deposit and signed on the dotted line before we even left that first meeting.

The day of the event, we were floored by how great everything looked - from the floor to ceiling draping, to the double projectors and monitors, to our wall-to-wall uplights, to our pinspots, to our monograms...everything looked perfect.

Thank you Danny and the rest of your team. Our wedding reception turned out spectacularly! Thank you for making my lighting dreams come true :-)

Profile Picture Anneli, 8/18/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Ambiance Pros is a good name for this company because they are true professionals. Danny Villa was a pleasure to work with. I met with at least 3 different lighting companies in the OC area and none of them came close to the service Danny provided. Those companies were all fluff where Danny cut straight to the point to help materialize your lighting vision. Danny was always responsive to give updated quotes and even visited our venue in OC (they are located in LA) to scope it out even before we put down a deposit. Their company works high end events such as the Golden Globes but take special care of weddings because they know how much they mean to couples. Also, they were the most cost effective company we met with.

I highly recommend this company for your lighting needs.

Profile Picture David, 5/26/12, 2 Reviews
2.2

So, I was referred to Ambiance through a friend who knows the owner. I had a quote from another lighting vendor and Danny agreed to beat the quote by a landslide offering much more than the other company was offering for cheaper, which we liked. So, we hired them and I had one big question on the colors they offered. I asked, via email, what shades of blue they had and if they had peach. I did not get a response, at all to my question. I continued to research and look at photos with different lighting colors and decided on peach. So, I emailed Danny that I would like the peach lighting. So, eventually we got an invoice that indicated the peach lighting and the details of the contract. So, we paid in full and awaited the big day and the beautiful lighting.

The lighting on my wedding day was blue, not the peach that we agreed on. My coordinator let Danny know of the mistake after the wedding and she indicated Danny intended to call or email me, however I have yet to receive anything from Danny since. Very disappointed in the responsiveness, professionalism and quality of service. The blue lighting looked good, but it wasn't what we wanted or what we paid for.

Update on my review... Two months after my wedding Danny did get in contact with me and gave us a $100 refund because of the mistake on the color of lighting for our wedding. All together he gave us a $350 discount on the lighting.

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/14/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

I highly and enthusiastically recommend Ambiance Lighting Pros.!!! Of all the vendors for our wedding, they had the best customer service. Danny, the owner, was an extreme pleasure to work with. He has a great "can-do" attitude, responds very quickly, and the end product was amazing! Our guests and even us were all blown away by how beautiful the lighting was. We also rented a projector & screen and had no problems what so ever. You can definitely feel rest assured and worry free on your big day. We've already recommended them to my brother-in-law's wedding, and they booked him too. That should be more than enough proof that they supersede any other lighting vendors out there. Thanks again Danny & Ambiance Lighting Pro staff!

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/28/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

We hired Danny Villa and his team for lighting services for our wedding and they did an amazing job. everything went well, they were on time for lighting set up and finished in a timely manner. Working w/ Danny has been easy and no stress. We checked out about 4 lighting companies and interviewed them via telephone, but chose Ambiance Lighting Pros because Danny sounded like a straight shooter and that his lighting decor on his website was the best we've seen. Prices were very reasonable as well. We even paid them and extra fee since the distance was far and out of area simply because we trust them rather than going w/ a local vendor that we didn't quite feel comfortable with. Glad we hired Ambiance Lighting Pros for our wedding.

Profile Picture tiffany, 10/1/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Danny and his team went above and beyond our expectations and anything we imagined. My wife and I hired Danny to light our wedding and it brings me great pleasure to say that Danny and his lighting genius made our wedding. The ambiance and energy generated because of his strategic lighting decorations and colors allowed everyone who attended to feel comfortable and embrace the moment. Thank you so much for your involvement and I highly recommend Danny to anyone.

Profile Picture brian, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Very flexible and easy to work with. Friendly staff and creative minds.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 9/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

Ambiance Lighting was by far one of the best things we decided to have at our wedding. It set the atmosphere for our wedding and made everything so elegant, classy and fun.
They made our dream into a reality by turning our wedding into the MOST elaborate, jaw dropping and beautiful wedding ever!! WE LOVE DANNY and the AMBIANCE LIGHTING CREW!

Profile Picture Wendi, 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

Danny and his crew were extremely responsive and professional. We researched over 10 lighting companies they are by far the best value out there. They were able to convert a plain basketball gymnasium into an elegant wedding venue for 300 people. The guests were blown away by the professional setup and detailed execution of the ceremony and reception. Enthusiastically recommended!

Profile Picture Sam, 3/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The lighting was absoutely amazing. I couldn't of imagined it any better. The guys were great setting up. Very friendly when I greeted them. I cannot tell you enough how many people complimented the lighting and said your team did an amazing job. Thank you so much for working with me and my budget! That truly is appreciated from Jeff and I. You made my day! Thank you so so much. My friend is getting married in July 2012 and wants the same lighting so I gave her all your information and will recommend it to anyone that asks or tell them about it. Anyone who uses these guys I have had nothing but great service and they are reliable, trustworthy, and WORTH IT!
Allison Nila