Amber Johnston Photography Reviews

Amber Johnston Photography 5
Amber Johnston Photography 6
Amber Johnston Photography 7

Victoria · Married on 08/18/2018

I literally cannot put into words how I felt when I got back and looked at our wedding photos. I looked at some and teared up, laughed at others, and thought others were stunningly beautiful. Amber captured it all... You feel emotion when you look at the pictures she takes. She is truly talented. I am just so happy and lucky that my husband and I had her as our photographer. We have such wonderful photos that perfectly capture our wedding day!

Amber Johnston Photography 8
    Amber Johnston Photography 15
    Amber Johnston Photography 16
    Amber Johnston Photography 17

Samy · Married on 04/28/2018

We hired Amber for both our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding. She suggested we go to Longwood Gardens for the engagement shoot – which wasn’t a location that was on our radar. We thought it was a great idea since our wedding was very city focused. The photos from Longwood were incredible! Amber really helped my husband and I relax and get comfortable being “watched” by someone else and to be in front of the camera. After a few minutes with her, we felt totally natural and ourselves – which of course makes for the best pictures.

We loved our engagement photos so much that we decided to have Amber join us during our rehearsal dinner to shoot additional pictures of our close friends and family. On the banks of the Schuylkill, with a gorgeous sunset, the shots she captured that night were outstanding. When we saw these pictures, our jaws dropped. Needless to say, our wedding photos also exceeded our expectations.

Amber is an absolute delight. She’s so easy to work with, comfortable to be around, professional and very experienced. Our engagement, rehearsal dinner and wedding photos were fantastic!!

-Sam & Chris

Sent on 06/11/2018

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

This review warms my heart! You guys were so much fun to photograph! So cool you made the Inquirer!

Laurie · Married on 11/11/2017

Amber captured the magic of our wedding! She was so friendly and uninvasive. I had no idea she had taken so many photos during our wedding until she sent us the photos. Her work is beautiful! Also I liked her tips for me while she was doing our first look shots. I was a bit frazzled and exhausted and she helped me reconnect with myself which turned into great photos of me and my husband - and Im pretty hard to photograph, even when Im feeling great. I forgot to mention the photos are gorgeous and very professional. Im so pleased!! Its hard to choose which ones we want to hang up! Thanks Amber!!!

Amber Johnston Photography 18
    Amber Johnston Photography 23
    Amber Johnston Photography 24
    Amber Johnston Photography 25

Arin · Married on 10/21/2017

Amber was such a great and talented photographer! The pictures turned out very beautiful and she was so quick to get them to us! Very happy with the outcome.

Amber Johnston Photography 26
    Amber Johnston Photography 27
    Amber Johnston Photography 28

Gretta · Married on 10/07/2017

Amber was the perfect photographer, we absolutely love our pictures and the whole experience of working with her. She was super flexible from the very beginning, driving out of her way to meet us at a random venue for our engagement photos. The day of our wedding she was great, capturing all of our key moments and making everyone feel very comfortable. She even stayed late to accommodate some last minute picture requests. Thanks so much Amber!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks Gretta. We had a great time shooting you and your crew!

Evan · Married on 09/16/2017

With the way online reviews can be, I have to say this: we didn’t just arbitrarily click “5” all the way down, we mean it! Amber was *AMAZING*! She is prompt, talented, and a complete joy to work with. She made our complex wedding planning a little easier and did a fantastic job on the day of. My husband and I literally can’t say enough good things about her. Thank you so much Amber!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Awe! Thanks so much guys! I had so much fun shooting your wedding! You made my job easy!

Astra · Married on 09/09/2017

Amber was absolutely perfect for our wedding; she was a pleasure to work with, and we could not be happier that she joined us for the festivities. The photos came out wonderfully, and I can not say enough good things about Amber's contribution to our day. Thank you, Amber, for documenting the madness, hilarity, and joy of our best day.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks Astra! you guys were so much fun!

Henry · Married on 08/19/2017

Perfect photos, perfect service, fair price. It could not have been better.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks s much Henry! It was a blast!

Ryan · Married on 02/04/2017

Amber was wonderful to work with and very talented! We love our photographs from both our engagement shoot and our wedding. She was extremely flexible during engagement shoot. Our wedding photographs tell a story all day long and there was not a single moment missed in the photographs. She has such a pleasant disposition and allows the couples to be themselves rather than forcing photographs. We felt like she really brought out the best in us and would highly highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Ryan! You guys were so much fun to shoot!

Stephanie · Married on 11/05/2016

I am so happy with how our pictures turned out, especially our first look pictures! Amber did an incredible job of scouting the perfect location, figuring out what would work best for the locations and had amazing ideas for poses! My only regret is that we didn't book Amber for longer into the evening so that we could have gotten even more amazing pictures! I highly recommend Amber!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie! You and your family were great to work with!

Barbaraanne · Married on 10/28/2016

Amber was amazing!!! Every photo was exactly what I asked for. She was super helpful when things fell behind and everyone loved her. I cant wait to have a reason to use her again.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Barbaraanne! You guys were so much fun!

Kevin · Married on 09/17/2016

Amber was absolutely incredible. Couldn't be more satisfied with our results.

Annie · Married on 09/04/2016

Amber was such a pleasure to work with! She was responsive, kind, creative, and easy-going---exactly what you want from a professional vendor. We adore the photos she took for us. She has a great eye for light and texture, and she beautifully captured the candid joy we felt on our wedding day. We would 110% recommend her!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Annie! It was such an honor to capture your day! And I loved all the rituals!

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

Having Amber as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our special day. Our wedding pictures came out amazing! They are truly breathtaking. She was great at communicating with us through out the day with out being obtrusive but capturing every moment. She has a true artistic gift for photography. She has such a sweet friendly personality and makes you feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend Amber to my family and friends.

• Vidi

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

I just recently had my engagement photo session with Amber. She did an amazing job! Something important to me was that the photos didn't look staged or too posed. It was very easy to feel natural in front of her. We had our engagement shoot Saturday night and the following Tuesday she already had our pictures back to us! I couldn't believe she got them to us so quickly and they looked so good. Amber spent a lot of time with us; at least an hour and a half, but it was probably more. She was flexible with location and dates for the shoot.

We were not originally planning on having an engagement photo shoot, but since it was included in the wedding package we thought, "Why not?" I am so glad we did this because my fiance and I are terrible about taking pictures together. I think her pricing is very reasonable. Especially compared to many photographers I looked into on my search.

I have no worries about using her for our wedding. I know she will do an amazing job!

I can't stress enough on how great Amber is! I'm looking forward to working with her for the wedding and any subsequent photos I may want/need!

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

I would recommend Amber over and over for wedding photography.

Amber was amazing! She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I am so very glad I chose her to be our photographer.
    Not only is she a very talented photographer, but she is also kind, funny,accommodating, and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding, she was all over the place, snapping shots at the most perfect moments. I have been looking through my wedding photos to relive the day over and over.
    She is able to capture personalities and get some really unique and candid moments. If you are looking for someone who will take great photos that are beautiful and personal, she is the photographer for you

I also found her pricing to be incredibly reasonable. She is just as good, if not better, than photographers that start at $4,000 but my package was much cheaper than that. She was reasonably priced and so talented!

Amber was amazing! I love my wedding pictures so much! The moments she captured were priceless! I strongly recommend Amber Johnston Photography!!!!!

Jenny · Married on 10/04/2015

Amber provided a brilliant service to my husband and I, to our whole family really. We are forever grateful for her calm under pressure, her enthusiasm for photography and her eye for beauty. The images she created are so breathtaking I cried looking at them. She captured our day so perfectly. We are so happy to have found her. I can't recommend her and her wonderful second shooter Andrea highly enough. Thank you both so much for everything. Also the engagement shoot was magical!

Amber was a perfect addition to our special day. She had great ideas as to where and how we could take pictures. She also listened to our ideas and suggestions and incorporated our opinions throughout the night. When the rain prevented us from following through with the original plan, she was quick to make adjustments. She was kind and sweet and caring throughout the whole day and made sure we got pictures with all of our guests. Amber was all over the place taking pictures and getting different angles, but was completely unobtrusive and did not disturb the flow of the event. She provided us with our own wedding website in a very short period of time, full of hundreds of edited pictures. The pictures are beautiful!!! I cannot pick out my favorites because there are so many amazing shots. Amber has even helped me to order prints correctly. She remains in contact and is quick to respond. Thank you Amber!!!

Katie · Married on 08/21/2015

I highly recommend Amber! Her work is gorgeous. I have a nice mix of posed and action photographs and they are all such high quality. I am so pleased with both the engagement photos and the wedding day photos. Amber is professional yet sweet. She sincerely wants your occasion to be special. It is clear that this is not just a way to make money for Amber. She wants to know you and your family on a personal level. If you are looking for something specific, she will make sure she gets it. If you just want amazing photos, you can leave everything up to her and she will deliver! Her work and her price are both exceptional. I really don't think you will find a better value. If you are unsure or on the fence, choose Amber. You will not regret it!

Tricia · Married on 06/12/2015

Amber is a gem. She has a calm and laid back demeanor that helps people to feel comfortable and relaxed. She is incredibly talented behind the lens. She did an excellent job photographing my massive wedding party (10 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen) and also managed to capture tons of candid shots that reflecting the feelings of the day. I would recommend Amber for your wedding. She is reliable, comfortable, and is a true talent in the field of photography.

Autumn · Married on 05/23/2015

Amber did a great job with the photos for my wedding. Everyone commented on how it really captured the day and the spirit of the event. There were so many wonderful candid portraits of the guests. The bride and grooms shots were really whimsical and fun. She asked me a lot of questions about how I wanted them and provided what I'd asked for and more. If you want high quality artist images for your wedding you will not go wrong.

Jennifer · Married on 12/20/2014

Amber is amazing .
    Made everything so easy and FUN!
    Our pictures are incredible and we are extremely happy with them !!!!

rowan · Married on 10/26/2014

Amber was such a great choice for our wedding. She fit right in with our families. My guests were all very impressed with her coverage and amiability. And the pictures were just gorgeous!! She has such a great attention to detail and capturing beautiful moments. I can't recommend her highly enough.