Amber Johnston Photography Reviews

Amber Johnston Photography 6
Amber Johnston Photography 7

Tricia · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautifully captured our wedding

Amber was so pleasant to work with, and always made time to talk about what we wanted for our wedding! Her pictures were stunning! We cannot wait to create our album with them!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks Tricia! You and Anthony were so sweet to photograph. It was obvious how much love you have for each other.

Terri · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome photographer

Amber was amazing! We actually forgot she was there. We love our photos and she was so easy to work with. I highly recommend her!!!

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Terri! You and Joe were the sweetest! I still think about your dress! Your new family is adorable!
  • Angela

Angela Riccetti · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing photos and no stress

Amber was so helpful and easy to work with. I didn't have to worry about anything leading up to the wedding day because Amber was so well organized and stayed on top of everything. Not only that, the photos are amazing! It was like she was in five places at once. Highly recommend!!

Amber Johnston Photography 18
    Amber Johnston Photography 19

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Angela! You and Laura were adorable. It was obvious to me that you both have a lot of love for each other and your friends and family. I especially loved the rainbow cake surprise!
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 08/04/2018

Wonderful experience with Amber!

Amber was AMAZING to work with! She was so responsive and flexible. We had to change the details of our non-traditional wedding day several times and she was always willing to work with us. She was fun to work with and all of our guests commented on how great she was, she managed to get several shots of everyone! Thanks to Amber our photos turned out wonderfully and now we have our memories easily accessible! I would recommend Amber to anyone looking for a photographer!

Amber Johnston Photography 20
    Amber Johnston Photography 21
    Amber Johnston Photography 22
    Amber Johnston Photography 23

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks Regina! You and Joe were so much fun! I loved your nontraditional wedding flow of brunch and bowling! And Joe's dance moves were the best!
  • Steve

Steve Schaffer · Married on 07/02/2018

A memorable and fantastic experience!

Amber was an absolute pro and an amazing photographer! Unbeknownst to all of us, our wedding occurred on the hottest day of the year and Amber handled it like a champ! Never once complaining and always up for our crazy antics. She captured so many amazing moments that we will cherish forever! Her dedication to her craft and her calm and cool demeanor was a godsend during the always hectic wedding day! Cannot recommend her enough!! She's truly the best!!

Amber Johnston Photography 24

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Steve, You and Jamie were also pros in that crazy heat!!! Definitely the funniest photo shoot to date!

Samy · Married on 04/28/2018

We hired Amber for both our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding. She suggested we go to Longwood Gardens for the engagement shoot – which wasn’t a location that was on our radar. We thought it was a great idea since our wedding was very city focused. The photos from Longwood were incredible! Amber really helped my husband and I relax and get comfortable being “watched” by someone else and to be in front of the camera. After a few minutes with her, we felt totally natural and ourselves – which of course makes for the best pictures.

We loved our engagement photos so much that we decided to have Amber join us during our rehearsal dinner to shoot additional pictures of our close friends and family. On the banks of the Schuylkill, with a gorgeous sunset, the shots she captured that night were outstanding. When we saw these pictures, our jaws dropped. Needless to say, our wedding photos also exceeded our expectations.

Amber is an absolute delight. She’s so easy to work with, comfortable to be around, professional and very experienced. Our engagement, rehearsal dinner and wedding photos were fantastic!!

-Sam & Chris

Sent on 06/11/2018

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

This review warms my heart! You guys were so much fun to photograph! So cool you made the Inquirer!

emily · Married on 03/24/2018

Beautiful Job!

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Amber to photograph our wedding day! She completely understood what we wanted and made us feel at ease throughout our time together. Her photos really captured the warmth and joy of the day. Amber is a lovely person to work with, and we are so pleased with all of the beautiful photographs we now have to look back on!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Amber Johnston Photography 25
    Amber Johnston Photography 26
    Amber Johnston Photography 27
    Amber Johnston Photography 28

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Emily! You and Kevin are such a great match. I'm so glad you found each other!

Laurie · Married on 11/11/2017

Amber captured the magic of our wedding! She was so friendly and uninvasive. I had no idea she had taken so many photos during our wedding until she sent us the photos. Her work is beautiful! Also I liked her tips for me while she was doing our first look shots. I was a bit frazzled and exhausted and she helped me reconnect with myself which turned into great photos of me and my husband - and Im pretty hard to photograph, even when Im feeling great. I forgot to mention the photos are gorgeous and very professional. Im so pleased!! Its hard to choose which ones we want to hang up! Thanks Amber!!!

Amber Johnston Photography 29
    Amber Johnston Photography 34
    Amber Johnston Photography 35
    Amber Johnston Photography 36

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

You are so welcome Laurie, I always love photographing you and your family!!! You and Raven looked right out of a fairy tail!! A real FAIRY tail! ;)

Arin · Married on 10/21/2017

Amber was such a great and talented photographer! The pictures turned out very beautiful and she was so quick to get them to us! Very happy with the outcome.

Amber Johnston Photography 37
    Amber Johnston Photography 38
    Amber Johnston Photography 39

Gretta · Married on 10/07/2017

Amber was the perfect photographer, we absolutely love our pictures and the whole experience of working with her. She was super flexible from the very beginning, driving out of her way to meet us at a random venue for our engagement photos. The day of our wedding she was great, capturing all of our key moments and making everyone feel very comfortable. She even stayed late to accommodate some last minute picture requests. Thanks so much Amber!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks Gretta. We had a great time shooting you and your crew!

Kristin Harvey · Married on 09/29/2017

Amber did an amazing job!

My wife and I met Amber at a wedding expo, she was completely down to earth, very easy to talk to and we felt that she could be someone who would fit in perfect on our special day. It turns out she was amazing! Amber took the time to talk to us before our wedding and get a full understanding of what we wanted on our big day. She made sure she was staffed accordingly, and was so calm and collected during the chaos on our wedding day! We had an amazing time with our wedding photos, Amber was creative and she stepped out of the box a bit to take some great photos. Our wedding was outside. Amber is very responsive, timely, professional, and extremely easy to work with. Jamie and I have recommended Amber to a few people for weddings since we were married. Jamie and I highly recommend Amber for any special occasion that you may be planning, she is definitely worth it!

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks So much Kristen, You and Jamie make such a beautiful couple! Mackenzie is so lucky to have Jamie as her step mom! Her vows to your daughter brought tears to my eyes!

Evan · Married on 09/16/2017

With the way online reviews can be, I have to say this: we didn’t just arbitrarily click “5” all the way down, we mean it! Amber was *AMAZING*! She is prompt, talented, and a complete joy to work with. She made our complex wedding planning a little easier and did a fantastic job on the day of. My husband and I literally can’t say enough good things about her. Thank you so much Amber!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Awe! Thanks so much guys! I had so much fun shooting your wedding! You made my job easy!

Astra · Married on 09/09/2017

Amber was absolutely perfect for our wedding; she was a pleasure to work with, and we could not be happier that she joined us for the festivities. The photos came out wonderfully, and I can not say enough good things about Amber's contribution to our day. Thank you, Amber, for documenting the madness, hilarity, and joy of our best day.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks Astra! you guys were so much fun!

Henry · Married on 08/19/2017

Perfect photos, perfect service, fair price. It could not have been better.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks s much Henry! It was a blast!

Ryan · Married on 02/04/2017

Amber was wonderful to work with and very talented! We love our photographs from both our engagement shoot and our wedding. She was extremely flexible during engagement shoot. Our wedding photographs tell a story all day long and there was not a single moment missed in the photographs. She has such a pleasant disposition and allows the couples to be themselves rather than forcing photographs. We felt like she really brought out the best in us and would highly highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Ryan! You guys were so much fun to shoot!

Stephanie · Married on 11/05/2016

I am so happy with how our pictures turned out, especially our first look pictures! Amber did an incredible job of scouting the perfect location, figuring out what would work best for the locations and had amazing ideas for poses! My only regret is that we didn't book Amber for longer into the evening so that we could have gotten even more amazing pictures! I highly recommend Amber!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie! You and your family were great to work with!

Barbaraanne · Married on 10/28/2016

Amber was amazing!!! Every photo was exactly what I asked for. She was super helpful when things fell behind and everyone loved her. I cant wait to have a reason to use her again.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Barbaraanne! You guys were so much fun!

Kevin · Married on 09/17/2016

Amber was absolutely incredible. Couldn't be more satisfied with our results.

Annie · Married on 09/04/2016

Amber was such a pleasure to work with! She was responsive, kind, creative, and easy-going---exactly what you want from a professional vendor. We adore the photos she took for us. She has a great eye for light and texture, and she beautifully captured the candid joy we felt on our wedding day. We would 110% recommend her!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Annie! It was such an honor to capture your day! And I loved all the rituals!

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

Having Amber as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our special day. Our wedding pictures came out amazing! They are truly breathtaking. She was great at communicating with us through out the day with out being obtrusive but capturing every moment. She has a true artistic gift for photography. She has such a sweet friendly personality and makes you feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend Amber to my family and friends.

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

Amber is amazing! We are so happy that we found her! We couldn’t be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. We are definitely goofy and awkward in front of a camera, but Amber has a positive, calming presence and a skill that brings the beauty of the moment out, not the awkwardness. She is so accommodating and fun to work with. Every time we look through the wedding photos we are struck by how vividly we can relive the day. Amber captured every detail of that day so well, and caught so many amazing moments, expressions, action shots, etc. She has a way of being everywhere but never obtrusively, and I think that shows through in the photos. She didn’t miss a thing! Our photos were also finished with great care and skill. They are beautiful. Thank you, Amber!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie! You guys were so much fun to shoot!
  • Vidi

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

I just recently had my engagement photo session with Amber. She did an amazing job! Something important to me was that the photos didn't look staged or too posed. It was very easy to feel natural in front of her. We had our engagement shoot Saturday night and the following Tuesday she already had our pictures back to us! I couldn't believe she got them to us so quickly and they looked so good. Amber spent a lot of time with us; at least an hour and a half, but it was probably more. She was flexible with location and dates for the shoot.

We were not originally planning on having an engagement photo shoot, but since it was included in the wedding package we thought, "Why not?" I am so glad we did this because my fiance and I are terrible about taking pictures together. I think her pricing is very reasonable. Especially compared to many photographers I looked into on my search.

I have no worries about using her for our wedding. I know she will do an amazing job!

I can't stress enough on how great Amber is! I'm looking forward to working with her for the wedding and any subsequent photos I may want/need!

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

I would recommend Amber over and over for wedding photography.

Amber was amazing! She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I am so very glad I chose her to be our photographer.
    Not only is she a very talented photographer, but she is also kind, funny,accommodating, and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding, she was all over the place, snapping shots at the most perfect moments. I have been looking through my wedding photos to relive the day over and over.
    She is able to capture personalities and get some really unique and candid moments. If you are looking for someone who will take great photos that are beautiful and personal, she is the photographer for you

I also found her pricing to be incredibly reasonable. She is just as good, if not better, than photographers that start at $4,000 but my package was much cheaper than that. She was reasonably priced and so talented!

Amber was amazing! I love my wedding pictures so much! The moments she captured were priceless! I strongly recommend Amber Johnston Photography!!!!!