Ambassador Video and Photography Reviews

47 | Ridgewood, NJ

47 Reviews for Ambassador Video and Photography

Professional, experienced, knowledgeable, patient, and reasonable!
    Five words to sum up Ambassador Video and Photography. From the moment we spoke with Larry we knew we were ready to book for our October 2014 wedding. He immediately responded to our emails, was easy to get in touch with, and even helped organize our wedding day timeline. We met in person to discuss our wedding style, vision, and budget. Larry offered plenty of insight and was tremendous in helping us to coordinate our day so that we wouldn't feel rushed, pressured, or overwhelmed. The day went flawless thanks to his advice! His staff arrived on time, kindly offered to assist with random tasks, quickly memorized our names, and easily took over 900 amazing photos! Larry was completely respectful to us and all of our guests. He pulled us at appropriate times for those essential images and then left us alone to actually enjoy our own wedding, unlike other photographers we've heard about. When your wedding party compliments you on your photographer you know you've done something right, 'That guy was awesome!'. Don't hesitate another minute! You are here reading this, now it's time to book! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/03/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Ambassador Photo and Video. Larry managed to be in all the right places at all the right times and didn't miss a shot. I also love that an engagement shoot is included in the package. It's so important to feel comfortable with your photographer on the big day, and having this engagement shoot really helped us reach that level of comfort. One other nice touch that I've never seen before, he grouped some of our pictures together to create animated GIFs. Such a nice little bonus!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Lawrence was a wonderful professional to work with in that he responded to emails within the same day on a consistent basis. He was very flexible and worked with our schedules. There were no hidden fees, and we believe we got some excellent images at a great value! Even my now husband was impressed at how quickly and efficiently he captured images. Our engagement shoot lasted about 40 minutes and he worked quickly on our wedding day so we could spend more time at the party with our guests as opposed to posing for pictures. He was a pleasure to work with and we'd definitely consider him again for our future photography needs!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2013

Lawrence literally saved the day as we were 2 weeks away from our wedding and without a photographer. Aside from wedding photos and video, we had a special request to take pre-wedding photos in 2 separate locations the week before our actual wedding date.  Lawrence was happy to accommodate us and really went above and beyond. Not only were we thrilled with his services, our guests also remarked what a pleasure he is to work with. We highly recommend Lawrence and would not hesitate to use him again in the future.

Sent on 09/04/2014

I got both my photos and video through Ambassador and I could NOT be happier! The photos of my October wedding are GORGEOUS! They capture every moment and detail of the day! Lawrence was extremely professional and even remembered little things that I had said I wanted in our initial meeting (such as posed, formal seating family photos). He is also extremely artistic and has a wonderful eye for photos! We have so many beautiful photos, I don't know how we will choose what photos to include in our album! (He is also extremely prompt with getting the photos ready for us! We only waited a few weeks before we were able to see all our beautiful images!)

Sent on 03/18/2014

Katie · Married on 06/29/2013

Lawrence, from Ambassador Photography, photographed our wedding at Ridgewood Country Club this past June.
    He was the consummate professional and did a perfect job capturing our day. Lawrence managed to seem out of the way, while taking photographs that we’ve loved. He was able to help us remember the joy and love of our day, even though it went by in a blur. As we look back at the photographs we feel like Lawrence was able to truly show Mark and I as our best selves, completely in love and caught up in each moment.
    Lawrence directed us in a caring manner and managed to control 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 2 ring bearers, and 4 parents with grace and ease.
    I recommend Lawrence for any professional photography, but especially for weddings. My husband and I are so grateful we found him.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Holly · Married on 05/31/2013

My husband and I planned an alternative excursion wedding in New York City. We were married at the City Clerk's Office, strolled through the parks of old Manhatten, had our first dance to RnB buskers, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, and took a sailboat ride to the Statue of Liberty from South Street Seaport. Larry from Ambassador Photography captured every moment along the way giving us a fantastic album of traditional and quirky wedding photos that suited our special day. He showed us our images right away and gave us a variety of options for albums and prints. If you are looking for a wedding photographer who is also a photojournalist then Larry is your man!!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Kaitlin · Married on 12/28/2012

Lawrence was a delight and a breath of fresh air on such a crazy chaotic day! Lawrence worked with mine and my husbands "traditional" options, even if that meant putting himself at a disadvantage. Lawrence still delivered the photography he promised and he did it with a smile and laughter! We had young children in the party and Lawrence was able to get the pictures in between nursing, tired napless children, and was quick and direct! My brother will be using Ambassador Photography as well as anyone else I can recommend him too!! Fabulous job Lawrence!!!! :)

Sent on 01/18/2013

Lawrence made our wedding day so special on so many levels. He is so very kind, professional and was far from an "in your face" photographer. He took beautiful pictures with so many different beautiful poses and he is SO reasonable for the beautiful work that he does. I highly recommend Ambassador Photography for a wedding, or any other special occasion!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Tanya · Married on 07/28/2012

Lawrence was absolutely amazing. He took great shots...including the ones that I begged for, even though it was raining. All the photos came out incredible. Less than 2 weeks later and I already have my on-line link and disc to choose my shots. I have another event in December and will be using him again.

Sent on 08/10/2012

arlene · Married on 06/24/2012

Lawrence captured the spirit & energy of our wedding & reception. Txs Lawrence for giving us photos that we will treasure for a lifetime.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Susan · Married on 12/03/2011

Lawrence photographed both mine and my sister's weddings and both times he was fantastic to work with! Our wedding day flew by in a blink and we were so happy to have our all of our photos ready for us two weeks after the wedding day. Throughout the reception we hardly noticed that Lawrence was there but were thrilled when we saw that he captured so many candid photos of our guests and small details of the wedding and the day that that we would have never remembered. I have recommended Ambassador Photography to all of my friends when they are planning their weddings and will continue to do so.

Sent on 12/07/2012

Meghan · Married on 06/04/2011

Lawrence is fabulous!! Everyone in my family loved working with him. He was so kind and supportive. He moved us efficiently through all of the posed shots and took lots of great candids as well. I'm not one who enjoys modeling, but I felt completely comfortable working with Lawrence. I have three sisters, and my parents have already said that we will be hiring Ambassador again for their weddings!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/09/2010

Lawrence was such a pleasure to have at our wedding! He took magnificent photographs that I will treasure forever. He's such a kind and easy-going man, who gets the job done! He was understanding of a situation where part of our wedding party couldn't be there for photos and worked around that until they were present; he adapts well to unplanned situations- which was definitely accomodating to our wedding! He arrived early to my house to take photos before we went off to the Church and was so kind and grateful to be a part of our special day. Such a wonderful addition to our wedding, it made the photographs and moments that much more meaningful. I definitely recommend his work!

Sent on 09/23/2011

divya · Married on 04/19/2014

I got married on April 19 2014. Lawrence and Dave were awesome!!!! They made a very anxious bride very comfortable and were great with my family and guests. They were so accommodating and made everyone comfortable. Also I got my pics in a week I was really happy!!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Jenny · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing photos

Lawrence and his brother from Ambassador photography were recommended to us through our venue. Photography was very important to us because we wanted to make sure the day could be re-lived through photos and videos. We booked him after hearing great things from our venue and multiple wedding websites. We loved how professional and personable he was during our engagement session so we knew he would be perfect for our special day. He kept in communication leading through the day of the wedding. For the day of the wedding he arrived promptly and was extremely energetic and excited to capture our day. He was running around all day in order to capture the moments and he definitely did. All the photos he took are amazing quality and definitely allow me to re-live my special day every time I look at them! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Lawrence was a great videographer - he made sure to capture all the important moments of our wedding ceremony and reception. We are so happy to have a video that is filled with so many wonderful memories and will bring us joy watching our special day for future anniversaries. I highly recommend Ambassador photography and video for your wedding or any special moment in your life.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Joanne · Married on 06/22/2013

Lawrence,

Thank you so much for photographing our wedding day! You did an unbelievable job, it is hard to put into words. The pictures are stunning and we could not have asked for anything more! We cannot express to you how ecstatic we are at the moments you captured. You saw so many things we did not see and reminded us of the many things we will never forget. We have been unable to choose just one favorite as they all make us laugh and cry, and appreciate our friends and family. From the day we met you, we felt so pleased and comfortable knowing you were the man for the job. From the engagement photos to the wedding photos the memories that you captured are priceless. I loved how you went towards any length to capture a picture “ANYTHING FOR A PICTURE!” Lawrence, you truly exceeded our expectations. I guess the highest compliment would be for us to tell you that if we had it to do over again, we would choose you every time. We wish you continued success in your career!

All the best,
    Joanne and Daniel

Sent on 07/17/2013

Mary · Married on 11/19/2017

3.5

Great experience. Very good photos. Loved everything. Reasonably priced. Very quick responses. Friendly people to work with.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Meryl · Married on 05/21/2011

Larry was fantastic with dealing with the ups and downs in our sechedule. I think we had to reschedule our engagement session three times. And Rob was awesome for our wedding. He took the most beautiful shots and listened to our suggestions. I love my photos!

Sent on 06/06/2011
  • jvis0606

Jane · Married on 06/20/2009

The best thing about Larry is his temperament. He is fantastic with people -- a very likeable, easy-going, stress-free guy -- who clearly knows his stuff. I had immediate comfort in meeting him, because I knew he could handle all of the personalities and stresses of the day, with ease. And I was completely correct. I thought he was pricey (though I believe his prices have gone down - lucky you!) but his work is good, he was on time, and everyone loved him. He delivered a DVD with all 500+ wedding pics to my door in under two weeks, so I had it in my mailbox when I got back from the honeymoon. What fun! I agree he is sometimes tough to get a hold of, particularly over email, but ultimately he does get back to you. He forgot to take pictures of two tables at my wedding, but overall I was very pleased with his work. Cannot speak to the thank you cards or album yet, as that will take some time.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Kate · Married on 07/21/2007

4.2
      2.5

Larry took beautiful pictures on our wedding day and was a pleasure to work with. I have recommended him to several friends since our wedding. The value of the packages was very competitive considering the quality of photography and after-finishing that Larry does. It can be difficult to get in touch with him after the date to arrange albums and prints, but if you're patient, you eventually get in touch. He also supplied all our pictures in high-resolution jpeg files so we can get prints from wherever whenever we want. A huge plus!

Sent on 01/08/2008