Amazing Event Djs Reviews

107 Reviews for Amazing Event Djs

1 User photo

Amazing Event Djs 1

Gina · Married on 09/29/2017

Beyond thankful to have been referred to Shawn from Amazing Event Djs. Best Dj I’ve cone across in a long time, he provided service for my wedding on September 29,2018. The quality of sound was perfect,when he spoke you could clear make out what was being said. Super professional and quick to respond to my questions. If anyone is in need of a Dj he is your man, I promise you your event will be a great hit just as mine was. Almost forgot to mention he did a fantastic job creating the blend of songs I selected for our first dance. Thank you Shawn for the great service!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Amazing Event Djs 2

Pauline · Married on 09/16/2017

DJ Shawn Vasquez was the DJ at my sister's, then my brother's, and then my own wedding. He is so professional and kept the party going!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Laura · Married on 06/02/2017

Shawn is awesome. He did our wedding at Orcutt Ranch in West Hills and we had so many people say it was the "most fun wedding they have ever been to." I think Shawn had a lot to do with that! He is great at hyping people up, honored our requests to not have cheesy music or games, pronounced everyones name correctly, and just did an overall great job. He has a handy worksheet that you fill out before your wedding for music requests and such. Him and his assistant did so great! Would highly recommend him !!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/23/2016

Shawn is absolutely amazing! Would recommend a million times over! Thanks for everything you did for us Shawn!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Bradley · Married on 08/14/2016

Shawn was very easy to work with and extremely accommodating. Is a great DJ who paid attention to what music my wife and I liked to make a great playlist. Also an awesome MC, in both English and Spanish. His professionalism and communication skills made our wedding at the Clark Estate run smoothly. I highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Melyssa · Married on 06/26/2016

Shawn was so awesome! He DJ'd at my good friend's wedding and I knew without a doubt he had to be the DJ for our big day as well. He was a HUGE help in guiding us as to how to make things flow and just making it an overall fun event despite the many limitations. Our wedding was very different from most and we wanted to keep it conservative but not boring and he made sure it was just that. His disposition to meeting with us several times before the wedding was so appreciated and really helped keep us calm about the event. The day of the wedding, he was GREAT at keeping everything running smoothly. Despite it being probably the hottest day in June and it being an outdoor wedding, our guests were entertained and very happy. He's not only very funny, lively, flexible, and very professional, but he makes it a point to make sure everyone has a great time. Thank so much for everything Shawn!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Elaine · Married on 06/04/2016

Not only did Shawn keep the energy, music, and dancing going, he was a great help in developing our wedding timeline! Needless to say, both our guests and us were very happy with just how fun and smoothly things turned out. Shawn was very professional and was always available to help us with any questions we had.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 01/23/2016

We had a very pleasant experience working with you, Shawn. You are AMAZING at what you do and we couldn’t have asked for a better Dj. We really appreciated all the time you devoted in helping us plan our wedding music. You sat through more than the time on the contract to ensure our timeline was just what we needed. The lighting made our venue even more gorgeous and the music got everyone on the dance floor. Thank you for playing the music on our list and honoring our guests' requests but most importantly thank you for keeping us on track with our timeline. You definitely put a lot of effort into out wedding and were very detailed with everything you did. Once again thank you for helping us make our day that much more special and for being so professional and great at what you do.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/16/2015

When we first got engaged, we knew who our go-to DJ/MC was going to be for our wedding! Shawn is an amazing professional. He always goes above and beyond for his clients!

Shawn is by far one of the most organized professionals we know. Shawn was not only our DJ/MC on our wedding day, but he helped put our wedding timeline together from beginning to end and suggested wedding songs for our ceremony and reception! He was such a great help because my husband and I were so busy with small details leading up to our wedding day, that we didn't have a chance to put a play list together! We left everything in his hands!

On our wedding day, we were behind schedule (45 minutes) Shawn and our amazing photographer were able to bring our reception up to speed! Shawn did a fantastic job at engaging all our guests at our reception and all of our guests commented on how much fun they had at our wedding! Shawn and Chris Morales had the dance floor full at all times! The dance floor was never empty! I would recommend and have recommended Shawn's services to family and friends! Don't hesitate, book Shawn ASAP!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Jennifer · Married on 03/14/2015

Shawn was an amazing wedding DJ! First of all, his website is phenomenal. It allowed us to set our timeline, play around with our song choices and get suggestions on the music to pick. It was such a nice touch and really took a lot of the stress out of planning the music for our wedding. Shawn was attentive and engaging. He did a walk through of our venue and brought sample lights so we could see how our room would look lit. He made sure he had the right information and could pronounce every one's names. And like all the great MC's he made sure everything ran ON TIME. He kept the dinner moving, set up the speeches and got EVERYONE on the dance floor. He was a positive happy influence over the entire crowd. He kept the music going till midnight and really is great at finding the music everyone wants to dance to. We feel so fortunate to have had Shawn as part of our big day! He took care of everything (including lighting!) for such a reasonable cost and I never had to stress about what was going to happen with the music and the timing of the reception. Thanks for such a great day Shawn!!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/01/2014

Shawn is awesome! My fiance and I came across him on weddingwire and yelp, and after meeting with him, we felt extremely comfortable hiring him as our DJ. The wedding went perfectly. Shawn answered any questions and concerns I had about music and audio prior to the wedding, and everyone had a great time rocking the floor! While some people may have had hectic weddings, I felt like my wedding really went according to plan, and Shawn was a huge part of it. You will not regret picking Shawn as your DJ for your wedding!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Cynthia · Married on 09/26/2014

Such a great experience for our wedding with Shawn!

From the very first encounter over the phone to our final meeting, Shawn was friendly, attentive, detailed, and professional. We had interviewed several DJs, but chose Shawn because of his fun personality and services. Everyone LOVED the music and activities! Shawn really took all our song preferences into consideration and gave some great recommendations to keep the guests interactive.
    PLUS! Shawn pronounced all our names perfectly! People were really impressed and said it was the best wedding ever!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Shawn is the best DJ you could ever ask for. Reasonably priced for a superb performance. Goes above and beyond.

Shawn keeps open communication during planning and will guide you through the schedule of events. Whatever you want, he'll get it done. I had no idea how to build the schedule for the reception, but he provided me with one, and I made the changes from there. His online website and music planner is really great, too.He has a huge library of music as well as provides you with the top 100 selected songs, top cake cutting songs, top dance party songs, top whatever songs. You can also add custom music you want that isn't on the list, as long as you provide it to him. Just great to work with, understanding, and patient with my never ending questions & long list of custom added music.

He's also very helpful to your wedding party, guided the parents through the grand entrance and essentially... held the entire night together! He was not only a great DJ, but the best master of ceremonies (mc) for the entire reception of our wedding. He kept everything on schedule and if something had to be moved, if you were too busy making small talk with friends, or if you just need sometime to eat, he'll do what he does best... goes according to your schedule and your needs. Shawn is the best!! You won't regret having him as your DJ. I owe Shawn so much for providing the greatest ambiance and throwing a kick ass party. Thank you, Shawn!!

Plus: My husband surprised me with the picture record soundtrack of The Little Mermaid (my favorite Disney movie) as we were cutting the cake, and Shawn played Kiss The Girl right on the dot. It was such a sweet moment that caught me by surprise. Just one of the many special moments that made me feel that Shawn is attentive to your personality & tastes and looks for any chance to make a special moment spectacular.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Andrea · Married on 05/03/2014

Shawn did a great job at our wedding and everyone loved the music and had a great time. Shawn handled the reception with ease and professionalism.

We are very grateful and appreciative for the job Shawn did and we are very pleased with the way everything turned out.

We definitely recommend Shawn to everyone.

Sent on 05/10/2014

Renee · Married on 04/27/2014

If you want a DJ who makes the process of party planning easy, affordable, and fun -- a MC who is professional, clever and stylin', then you need to hire Shawn Vasquez of Amazing Event DJs.

I am SO happy we did!

From initial contact to the wedding itself, Shawn's knowledge and work ethic put me at ease. Our reception was a blast from start to finish, thanks to a huge music selection, Shawn's ability to accommodate my special requests, and the fantastic lighting he provided. He even devised an extremely entertaining way to gift our centerpieces.

I highly recommend you give Shawn a call. He will go above and beyond for you as he did for us, creating an event that will party-on in memory for a lifetime.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jerry · Married on 11/06/2013

Were do I start.... not because he was the DJ at our wedding but by far the best DJ I've experienced at a wedding. Great communicator and people skils. He offers several packages all great values. Awesome lighting that really makes the hall a whole different environment. He provides great entertainment for the guest as well. I highly recommend Shawn!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Greg · Married on 09/28/2013

Shawn was amazing, very professional and outgoing. He played a great selection of music that encompassed both of our family ethnicities as well as allowed all ages to enjoy. Our guests had so much fun as he smoothly and cleverly involved everyone in wedding games. Further, he seamlessly incorporated a special tribute to my mother who recently past away. Thank you Shawn.... that was greatly appreciated! Shawn handled everything perfectly and a key contributor in ensuring every aspect of our ceremony and reception was coordinated properly and in sync with our wedding coordinators plans. Also, his uplighting and monogram was a great touch to our reception area. Thank you Shawn for perfect event!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Loren · Married on 09/27/2013

I knew Shawn would be my wedding DJ the very moment I was having the time of my life at my friend Rosie's wedding a couple years ago. He had everyone dancing on the dance floor up until the very last song and made the whole experience exciting and fun for me as a guest. It was a lasting impression for me!

On our big day 9.27.13, my husband, Oscar and I were more than thrilled at his professionalism and ability make the night come alive with his DJ, MC, and Reception coordination services. There were 300+ guests at our wedding who were very happily eating and dancing the night away. I was very worried that some of our Spanish speaking guests that had traveled from out of the country to join us would not feel included at the reception-not a problem as Shawn speaks Spanish as well.

Shawn takes the time and consideration to hear you out as a couple during the wedding planning process and creates a play list that sets the perfect ambiance for your special day. The trusting and professional relationship he creates truly makes you feel that all will be taken care of on this important day. His online, user friendly reception timeline kept our reception events organized and wedding vision clear. This timeline was a very useful tool as Shawn forwarded it to my photographer and catering vendor in efforts to keep everyone on the same page. Day of, he communicated very well with the vendors, such as our photographer, on-site reception coordinator, mariachi, and catering services coordinator-this was such a blessing and relief!

Lastly, there were many times in which I personally felt confused about simple questions such as, "how long should the Mariachi play at my cocktail hour and reception" or "can you take the time to talk to my future mother-in-law about a song dedication for my husband". Without making a fuss Shawn was able to quickly reply to my questions and take care of my needs in a manner that was comfortable and easy. He cares about his c

Sent on 12/03/2013

kevin · Married on 08/31/2013

Shawn rocked our wedding. I am a musician and former DJ so I seriously considered making a mix and hitting play, but I am so glad we hired Shawn. He announced all the major events of the night and helped us pick music for the areas I was unfamiliar with. We did nineties hip-hop, and he loves that era, among others - his musical knowledge is vast. He let us pick songs we liked and also wanted to know what not to play. Most impressively, he was mixing into a new song about every 30 seconds so the party moved and moved and moved. It was like being at a real hip hop club. His price was very reasonable too, so it's really a no brainer to use Shawn. He's also the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Sent on 10/02/2013

A · Married on 06/29/2013

We want to take this opportunity to thank you Shawn for walking us every step of the way when it came to the selection of the music and how the schedule would work the day of our wedding. The online selection system made things much easier when it came to finalizing our selection and every song that we requested was available to us. Shawn provided his best insight when it came to our selection and it truly showed the day of our wedding.

People till this day still talk about the music that was played on our wedding day on how great it was. On top of having a great mix of music his MC skills were second to none. He was able to get everyone on the dance floor by making them all a part of the wedding celebration.

There are many details to think about when planning out a wedding, but the music was the least of our worries as Shawn assured us that it completely under control.

On behalf of my wife and I we thank you!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Sonia · Married on 06/22/2013

Thank You Shawn for coming to Puerto Vallarta and making our wedding unforgettable! we had a blast ! especially after the rain coming down on us that didn't stop us or our guest from dancing and having a good time. Hands up To Shawn he's the best and I would recommend him I can guarantee you will have a awesome time.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Chris · Married on 06/16/2013

Shawn was awesome...he had the the banquet room light up just right and he had everyone dancing all night long. He was always professional and made helpful suggestions...I told him he should be a wedding planner, he is that good!!!

My wife and I thank you Shawn!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 05/31/2013

Shawn was THE BEST dj we could have ever asked for. He was so helpful with everything, from the planning to coordinating the night, to bumping the beats and keeping everyone on the dance floor. Shawn is extremely professional while rocking the house like a true artist. If we could get married all over again just to have Shawn as our DJ we would. He was so kind with us and so intrigued to help and eager to give us his best performance.

Shawn provided excellent service the entire time we worked with him. He was so easy to talk to and work with. My wife and I felt so comfortable with him the moment we met him. He made sure that we knew that our wedding was important to him, and it showed. I kid you not, the dance floor was not empty the ENTIRE night of dancing. Even the lighting he provided was exceptional and really brought the dance floor and surroundings of our venue to life. Shawn is the kind of guy you want to go get a beer with and get to know cause he's so genuine, and it truly shows through his work. If looking for a DJ that won't be lame and boring and affordable, go with shawn! you won't regret it. I would hire Shawn 1,000 times over again.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Patrick · Married on 05/26/2013

There were so many stressful aspects of planning our wedding; even a lot things that ended up working out great in the end were a huge headache to plan. The one part of the wedding planning that ran completely smoothly from beginning to end was our DJ, Shawn Vasquez. We had looked into booking with other DJs but we didn't find what we were looking for until Shawn. He was completely professional, easy to talk to, and extremely responsive in communication. He actually listened to us in our initial conversation and promised to play the music that would be right for our wedding, unlike some other DJs we spoke to. We were planning our wedding on a budget and Shawn was great about working with us and designing an affordable package that would still make our day special. His website was incredibly intuitive, easy to navigate, and was a lot of fun. He spoke with us again a few days before our wedding and made sure that we were all on the same page as what we wanted.

On the day of the wedding, Shawn pulled everything off masterfully. We tried to give him a lot of freedom to play what he wanted within the general vibe of what we were going for and he knocked it out of the park. For example, during dinner the only guidance we gave him was to play "Motown" and he put together an incredible mix of things we wanted to hear and great songs that we didn't even know we wanted to hear. We had numerous people ask us about getting a copy of that playlist. He MCd the whole night perfectly, ran all of the games and stuff that we wanted, did the intros, etc. And when it came time to just dance the rest of the night away, Shawn was able to read the room expertly and play exactly the right stuff to make our guests happy and keep them dancing.

Our wedding was an absolutely perfect day and Shawn was a big part of making it special. I almost wish we could get married all over again so we could have him DJ again!

Sent on 06/11/2013
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 05/18/2013

Shawn provided DJ and lighting services for my May 2013 wedding. I was very pleased with his services from the pre-wedding planning meeting to the wedding itself. He has an online client portal where you are able to find or add any song that you want played at your event. I really took advantage of this feature but left it up to him to add in most of the songs that he thought would go with what I had selected. He did a phenomenal job! Our first dance song was not on his existing playlist but he downloaded it for us at no extra charge. The sound quality and clarity of the song were perfect.

Sent on 06/18/2013