Amanda Summers Photography Reviews

27 Reviews for Amanda Summers Photography

• Janea

Janea Gordon · Married on 09/19/2020

Book her asap

Does it get any better than Amanda!! She is literally the best of the best as her work speaks for itself but what you might not see is the amazing person behind the camera! She truly is so genuine and unapologetically herself which I love, she's also hilarious. She made myself, my husband, our bridal party, and family feel so comfortable on our day. I can't recommend her enough!! She is great at what she does.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Heather Muir · Married on 04/24/2020

You Won't Find Anyone Better

Amanda was an absolute dream to work with throughout our engagement and wedding. She was flexible, fun, and detail oriented. With a covid impacted wedding Amanda easily moved our date around a few times. The day of our wedding she showed up early and made the whole day so easy. Her pictures speak for themselves and you won't find an easier person to work with!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Ruth · Married on 09/21/2019

We absolutely loved Amanda!

Amanda , Will not disappoint! We absolutely love Amanda and her beautiful work. We can not say enough great things about working with her and the final product. Amanda captured every beautiful moment we could have hoped for. Rest assured that Amanda will capture every detail of your perfect day! Beautiful person inside and out! Excellent customer service ❤️

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/18/2019

Do yourself a favor and book Amanda!

There are no words to describe how amazing Amanda is. Her work speaks for itself, but working with Amanda is a whole other bonus to hiring her as your wedding photographer. She is funny, witty, and makes it all so enjoyable. From the start of hiring her I knew she would be great. My husband and I can both be a little camera shy and awkward in front of a lens. With Amanda's encouragement, guidance, and basically being our hype squad, you would seriously never know. We have had an engagement session with Amanda, we booked her for holiday photos, and now our wedding. I will seriously use her for all my photo needs from here on out! I am posting pics from just the preview she gave us; they are stunning and I cannot wait to see the rest. These are some of the most importnat photos you will ever take so do yourself a favor and book Amanda, you will not regret it!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

The Absolute Best

I literally cannot recommend Amanda enough! From our engagement photos to our wedding photos, she has killed it! She makes everyone so comfortable and is able to capture the absolute best photos. Not only did we get the best photos, but we had so much fun throughout the entire process! I had a massive wedding party, which was definitely no small feat for most, but Amanda handled it flawlessly. Hire Amanda for your event!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Brandi · Married on 06/02/2018

Amanda was an absolute delight to work with! She has my sense of humor and is so much fun! She does amazing work and her pictures are beautiful! I highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

It felt like such a privilege for us to be able to book our wedding with Amanda Summers Photography. Amanda is an incredibly talented photographer and her business came highly recommended to us – we can certainly see why! From the start, Amanda was a joy to work with – she is incredibly professional but is also relatable and so much fun to be around. During our engagement session (that came with our wedding package), Amanda’s warmth and humor allowed this very awkward couple to have a blast – which absolutely showed in the engagement photos that we will always treasure. Amanda made herself available for questions and assistance throughout the planning process, including our wedding day timeline and suggestions for photo sites. On our wedding day, Amanda and her second shooter were professional and so easy to be with – all of our wedding party commented on how fun it was to work with them. Amanda makes everyone she works with feel like a friend and someone very important to her and, of course, our pictures are more stunning than we could have imagined. Amanda has a real knack for finding the beauty in her art and helping her clients to see that beauty within themselves. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer – and plan to be lifelong clients ourselves!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Carly · Married on 10/07/2017

As soon as we got engaged in 2015, my now husband and I knew we HAD to book Amanda for our wedding photography. We had recently attended a friend's wedding which Amanda was photographing, and we knew immediately that we wanted to book this friendly, hilarious, and extremely talented photographer for our wedding! Fast forward to 2017, wedding planning is in force and we hope to have engagement pictures done before the wedding; we book our pictures but its calling for rain so we reschedule. The rescheduled date comes, and it's absolutely pouring rain. After talking with Amanda for at least 30 minutes to make a decision, we change our location, rain stops, and our engagement pictures turn out beautiful! On the day of our wedding, Amanda and her second shooter were absolutely amazing. Her awesome personality really calmed my nerves! She kept everyone on schedule for pictures, and ensured we got pictures with everyone we were hoping to. We 100% recommend booking with Amanda! You won't regret it!!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Karen · Married on 09/02/2017

I contacted Amanda to see her availability for my wedding. Unfortunately, she was already booked! However, she was so sweet and reached out to other photographers to see if they were available and sent me a referral list! This was all done in two days. Talk about quick and exceptional customer service!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

If you're a Maryland, WV, VA bride you really shouldn't look any further. Amanda is an incredibly talented, charismatic, loving person. Amanda was our first vendor choice and we could not be more grateful. Amanda really got to know my husband and I on a personal level. She wanted to know all the details about our wedding and wanted to help in any way that she could. Amanda truly opens her job up to be much more than your photographer, helping you with a lot of wedding questions and concerns. Our engagement photos and wedding photos were stunning. Somehow she captured every moment perfectly. Amanda will be our photographer through all of life adventures now!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Megan · Married on 06/04/2017

Amanda is a true professional and is so easy to work with. Her humor and attention to detail made our wedding day so wonderful and she helped to calm all my nerves. Her images are incredible and her turn around time is just insane. Book her- you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Taylor · Married on 06/02/2017

Absolutely worth every penny! I can't say enough good things about Amanda. She will be our forever photographer. She is incredibly talented and has a killer sense of humor that makes working with her so much fun. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Allison · Married on 05/26/2017

Let me start by saying Amanda's photos are a stunning pieces of artwork. I found her through the venue I booked my wedding at and her work did not even compare to some of the other photographers in our price range. Amanda's prices are unbelievable for the quality of work she does, how fast she works, and how she goes out of her way to help you every step of the process. Amanda not only was our photographer but also became a fill in wedding planner who recommended almost all of the other vendors I used and absolutely loved! She even gets you connected with past brides in the area who can help with planning experiences. My husband and I were unable to do an engagement shoot due to being out of state but Amanda was so quick to respond via email to answer any questions I had. She also made great suggestions for timeline and things I never thought of!
    On the day of the wedding she and her second shooter were SO organized and helped me fit in an first look with my father, first look with the groom, and most of the wedding party before the ceremony so we had time to enjoy the cocktail hour and our guests! I have to end with my favorite quality of Amanda and that is her genuine excitement and humor. At our wedding, she did everything she could be put our minds at ease and make us feel like her best clients ever! She talks you through all the poses and make you laugh through the ones that feel a little awkward which are SO worth it when you get them back. As far as speed of work, I had a sneak peek of a few photos the day after my wedding, access to all the images online within a few weeks of the wedding, and mailed USB sticks of the gallery shortly there after. I could not have been more impressed with the editing she did and all the beautiful moments she was able to capture. I will forever be so thankful she was recommended to me and will definitely recommend her to anyone needing a wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kelsey · Married on 05/20/2017

Amanda is the most amazing and talented photographer, and such an awesome person on top of that! She was the first and the best vendor decision we made for our wedding day! She made everything so easy and run smoothly for both our engagement photos and for our wedding day. She has a unique ability to make you feel instantly comfortable in front of the camera, which in turn yields gorgeous photos! She even got my nephew to smile in ALL of his photos- which is a difficult task!!! She also values the quality of her work and is always evolving to make sure she provides the best product/photos to her couples. She consistently went above and beyond to make our experience perfect. We are so glad to have the most beautiful photos to cherish for years to come. I will definitely be coming back to Amanda for all of our future photography needs!
    -Erin Waller, our second shooter for our wedding day, was equally wonderful!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

Please do yourselves a favor and book Amanda Summers Photography for any of your photography needs!! We were lucky enough to book Amanda for both our engagement and wedding photos and it was the best decision I have ever made. Her amazing personality makes you feel comfortable behind the camera within seconds. She will keep you laughing and feeling confident throughout your entire day and her photographers are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen! Having a second shooter to capture different angles and to knock out different photos at the same time so Amanda could capture everything was awesome. On the day of my wedding, she showed up early and began shooting right away. She had clear umbrellas in case of rain, a "bride" hanger for photos of my dress and an emergency kit (with breath mints!). I think that shows how much she cares about what she does. She truly has a gift and I cannot wait to travel home to Maryland for sessions with Amanda throughout the rest of my life!

Sent on 05/08/2017

I can’t say enough good things about Amanda. 1. her photography is amazing!!!
    2. she constantly reached out to me over the 2 years we had her booked to see if I needed any help with anything while I was deployed (so kind!)
    3. she KILLED it at organizing everyone for photos. it would have been pure chaos without her.

& there’s so much more! I can’t wait to get our pictures back & for our next shoot with her :)

Sent on 05/08/2018

Cassie · Married on 10/15/2016

Amanda is absolutely amazing! My finance and I booked her for both engagement and our future wedding and after having our engagement shoot I cannot wait to see our wedding photos!

She is extremely responsive, always positive and so so helpful. She goes above and beyond and am truly thankful that I get to be photographed by her.

My fiance and I had never really been behind a camera before for professional pictures and she could tell my fiance was a little nervous and I couldn't believe my ears after the session that he loved doing it and wouldn't mind doing pictures in the future! She is calm, patient, creative and made both of us laugh and have a good time.. which definitely reflected in our photographs!

**Update!**
    I wish I could do two reviews - First for engagement and second for the wedding! Amanda and her second shooter were absolutely AMAZING! So fun to work with and they really know what they are doing, even if you feel awkward! Amanda will be my forever photographer for upcoming life events!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Destiny · Married on 09/10/2016

Amanda will be doing our wedding and we already got engagement pictures done. She is amazing and her pictures are beautiful. I recommend her to anyone that wants pictures!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Mina · Married on 09/05/2016

There is so much to say about Amanda but first and foremost let's talk about her photos. Go to Facebook, Instagram, her website and blog and see the quality of the pictures yourselves, you will see that her photos say it all. Her captures are exceptional! When you combine her talent with her creativity you have the perfect formula for your dream pictures. The quality of her work is top notch!
    Now, let’s talk about Amanda. She is the behind the scenes bridesmaid that every bride should have! I am saying bridesmaid because, she helps you with your ideas, suggestions and she is always there to help. I don’t think these are typical photographer responsibilities but she really cares about her clients and she goes over and beyond. She is very responsive to your questions and requests. On the top of all this, she is so much fun to work with. She makes you enjoy your picture sessions. When you enjoy your session, it reflects on your pictures inevitably.
    She took our engagements pictures in Baltimore. She encouraged us to get out of our way and try somewhere different. She could have easily chosen an easier location. She also took our wedding photos. Having her there on our wedding day was like having a friend that when you know they are around, everything is okay. Our families also enjoyed working with her. Her assistant Katrina was very helpful and super nice person. They are really great as a team.
    She has a good turnaround time, she usually posts sneak peek pictures after each wedding which I think all brides and their family and friends like and appreciate. All her forms are online (including the contract) so it’s very easy to do business with her as well. You don’t need to fax or mail a document. You can all do it online which is a great convenience.
    I am so happy we found her, she is a gem! Give her a call, reach out to her and you will know what I mean.

Sent on 09/18/2016
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 07/22/2016

I'm over a year late in writing this review, but better late than never! Amanda is a funny and appropriately bossy (somebody has to get those boys in line), professional photographer and artist. In an industry that demands creativity and vision to shoot photos that fit a client's precise needs, Amanda is crushing it. This woman works HARD! Our wedding pictures give us so many beautiful memories, and we couldn't be more grateful. Amanda, I'm so happy we met!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Nikki · Married on 06/24/2016

I would absolutely recommend Amanda! Not only does she take incredibly stunning photo's, but she is so sweet and really cares about her clients. She was so easy to work with and I loved that she recreated pictures that I found on Pinterest that I loved. She was awesome to work with and we loved our engagement pictures with her and are just anxiously waiting for our wedding pictures!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Jaimie · Married on 11/08/2015

Amanda is friendly and very talented. I had her on a Tight schedule between the ceremony and reception, and she made it work with no issues! Would definitely choose her again!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Kevin · Married on 10/31/2015

Amanda Summers was a blessing is disguise. Our original photographer had passed away 5 months prior to our wedding date. We checked out between 50-70 photographers before we found Amanda. When we were looking at her samples, we instantly knew we had to interview her. On side note, her response time will be the absolute fastest response time you will receive from any vendor. We're talking minutes lol. She was an excellent match, again very passionate about her work. Since we aren't professionals at posing, she was very good on the communication on our body language for our photos. There was always attention to detail, she was punctual, but where she thrives compared to the other photographer was her personality and her love of photography. Her packages were excellent and she was very flexible. Prior to the initial first interview with Amanda, we noticed we had some mutual friends in common, and now we know why.
    I would recommend EVERYONE to Amanda Summers.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

Amanda was our AMAZING photographer for our wedding on 10/24/15 and she perfectly captured our special day! She was such a pleasure to work with and was always very helpful. I was planning my MD wedding from NC where we currently live, and she was so accommodating and very easy to work with. She took time out of her busy schedule to set up a time to meet with us when we were in town for a few days. That meant a lot to us! She was always easy to get in touch with and answered all of my questions that I had along the way. Her style and personality meshed well with ours and that made us feel very comfortable on our big day! I had a whole list of things that I wanted pictures of and she got beautiful pictures of every last thing on our list. I was also so happy going through all of our pictures to see what little details she got on camera that I didn't even think about. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and her talent truly shines through all of them! Thanks again, Amanda! :)

Sent on 11/09/2015

Pamela · Married on 06/06/2015

Amanda Summers did our engagement photos and we absolutely loved them! We booked her for our wedding and just 2 weeks before there was an accident that she broke her foot and was unable to shoot our wedding. She immediately found two replacements that did amazing Nichole Rosado and Katrina Graham! Amanda still did the editing and we are so in love with our photos!

Sent on 07/27/2015