Amanda Rae Beauty Reviews

47 | Canyon Country, CA

47 Reviews for Amanda Rae Beauty

Stephanie Kandt · Married on 12/10/2019

Talented and Lovely Artist!

Amanda is amazing! She is not only an excellent hair and makeup artist, she is a likable and friendly person. My trial went great and she made me look like a special version of myself, which is just what I wanted. When I told her I was cutting my hair into a pixie three weeks before the wedding, she wasn't phased at all. She whipped my pixie into beautiful little curls just like I imagined. Everyone in my bridal party who got their hair done by her were so happy! Amanda also brought a makeup artist with her to help and she was also talented and professional. Having them get us ready was like having another friend around. Can't recommend Amanda and her company enough!!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 11/05/2019

Prompt, professional, great service

I must have reached out to 20 different beauty service vendors for our wedding. The prices were either outrageous, included ridiculous travel charges, or they were very non responsive. Then I found Amanda. She was quick to reply and pricing was reasonable. Once our final count of services was in, Amanda worked with our coordinator to create the schedule. The day of the wedding, the two artists arrived early, stayed on track, did an amazing job, and even finished ahead of schedule! Even after they had packed up and I decided I wanted to change my lip color, they had no problem bringing it back in and mixing up another color for me making sure I was fully satisfied. I would absolutely recommend Amanda's team again, and, in fact, I did! She will also be providing the beauty services for my future sister-in-law this upcoming year!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Christina Krantz · Married on 11/02/2019

Amanda is amazing!

Amanda and her team are fantastic and I’m so lucky to have found them so close to my neighborhood. She provided me with options and really detailed my look to me. She’s professional and responsive, they arrived in a timely manner and provided everything they needed, including bringing their own chairs for us to sit on. We had hair and makeup done on myself, my mother, and two bridesmaids and I couldn’t have been happier with how our hair and makeup turned out! It stayed curled all day, and and makeup didn’t move....even with all the tears that were shed!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Carmen · Married on 10/31/2019

Amazing and exceptional

They were amazing. Truly made us all look great and feel beyond beautiful.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Kidwell · Married on 10/27/2019

So talented!

Amanda has great communication and set me up with a beauty team that I was so impressed by. I highly recommend a trial first to really dial in what works for you - the trial was so worth it in my opinion. I blush easily, so I had requested a change to a more full coverage foundation for the wedding and they were able to make that happen with no issues. I received so many compliments both during and after the wedding on how great everyone's makeup looked!

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie Chang and Alex Hsi · Married on 10/19/2019

Lifesavers!

Amanda!!! Sam, Haley, Lyndsey, Megan!!! These stylists are phenomenal!!! My bridesmaids and moms and I were so thrilled by what they were able to do for us. My ladies said they felt like celebrities because they looked soooo good--not overly styled, but tasteful and just right, their eyes popped, and they looked both effortless yet glamorous. It was crucial for me that my ladies felt pampered and taken care of. This entire team of stylist were amazing listeners, very down to earth, so talented, and they were able to take whateeeeever came at them. Little stuff came up, as it naturally does, like one of the bridesmaids couldn't show up during her scheduled time and her staff pivoted right away. A few bridesmaids changed their minds and decided the night before the wedding they DID want their make up done and could we make time for a blow out? Amanda and her team were able to roll with it all. And the a week before the wedding, my matron of honor's mother passed away and it wasn't clear if she'd be making it to the wedding. Amanda's team was so understanding, so professional yet human about this--they let me know that if she couldn't make it, they wouldn't charge me (not the case with other companies! And my MoH did make it in the end :D)

But maybe THIS is best of it all--they freakin' saved the day with MY hair and make up!! (backstory: I had hired a different company for myself before I'd come across Amanda's company and then *that other company* ran out of stylists for my ladies, so I had to hire a second company. That's where Amanda came in.) The original company I'd hired to do my hair and make up just had a really off morning, and after a few hours, she left, and I immediately hopped over the Amanda's ladies for help. There are no words to express how grateful I am that they could last minute touch me up so I didn't look like such a mess!! They did so with both my hair and my make up in about 20 minutes and without a trial! I was able to enjoy myself during the wedding and enjoy the photos afterwards because of them. They truly saved the day!

Lastly--I am Asian and don't always feel like every stylist can do Asian eyes. Amanda's team did a GREAT job with me, plus two of my bridesmaids are Asian and both the moms are Asian. All of us were happy and impressed! Beyond that, my ladies had all sorts of skin types and hair types and they were able to work with it all!!

Professional, skilled, adorable, kind, all around amazing. Hire them!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Stacy Smith · Married on 07/27/2019

Amanda is amazing!

Right from the start I had a great experience with Amanda. She is warm, professional, personable and flexible. I came to her with a few different ideas and she was able to execute both and added her own touch! I was very pleased with her work on my wedding day. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup. I felt like a princess! She also did hair and makeup for my teenage daughter and she looked stunning. I highly recommend Amanda!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Lyndsey Aponik · Married on 07/13/2019

My hair got compliments all day long!

Amanda did an incredible job on my wedding day hair, both for me and my mom. My hair style survived the dancing and looked amazing all day. My hair was probably the #1 compliment I got that day! She also set us up with amazing make-up artists for my bridesmaids. All around I 100% recommend Amanda for your wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Ferralli · Married on 05/11/2019

Such a talented make up and hair artist. 10/10

Amazing, professional and just goes above and beyond! She had me looking and feeling like a gem. ❤️

Sent on 12/06/2019

Stephanie · Married on 03/09/2019

Highly recommend

Amanda was so lovely and easy to work with! She is super responsive to messages/emails, reasonably priced, and took my specific wishes/concerns into consideration. She was extremely patient with me during the trial, and was on time and very organized when she and her assistant came to my apartment on the wedding day to do hair/makeup for me and my family. Could not recommend her more highly!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Amna · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing Style and Makeup

On time and ready to go :) She brought a team for my whole wedding party!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 12/16/2018

Fantastic- punctual, calm, professional and did an amazing job!

Amanda was amazing- she did my hair and makeup for my elopement at 6am on a Sunday morning and was early! She was calm, professional and did an amazing job, making quick changes when necessary, and I absolutely loved it all (and I'm not easy to please!) I would recommend her to anyone- she's fantastic!

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • kathy

kathy · Married on 12/15/2018

Amanda is Amazing!

Amanda was great throughout the entire process! She was always very responsive and is clearly incredibly experienced. She knew the right questions to ask and was able to give me the face/hair of my dreams. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/18/2018

Look no further

She is the real deal. She did my hair and make up for my engagement shoot, my shower and my make up for my wedding. She did my make up and 5 others in my wedding party. She is professional, flexible and so sweet. She made the schedule for the day and we even finished early! Most importantly my make up lasted my whole wedding even the next morning it still looked good. Thank you Amanda!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2018

Amanda Rae Beauty 💜

Working with Amanda was one of the best decisions I made for the wedding! Affordable, accommodating and everything was amazing!!!!!! She was very quick with responding to emails with questions and scheduling a trial was a breeze with her! During the trial she was very open to what I wanted and listened and did my make up exactly how I wanted it! On the wedding day she arrived early and set up and everything went smoothly and on time. I’m so fortunate to have worked with Amanda and her amazing team!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Fischer · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolute delight

Amanda getting me ready for my wedding was one if the easiest parts of my wedding day! She went above and beyond to accommodate me for trials which I greatly appreciated. The morning of my wedding started off so smoothly with her and her team and everybody loved their hair and makeup!! My hair and makeup were perfect all day! She is so sweet and calm and was everything I could’ve wished for as part of wedding day beauty!!

Sent on 12/15/2018

DANIELLE · Married on 09/29/2018

Couldn’t have asked for a more perfect look!

Amanda is great! Very flexible and was able to get myself, 7 bridesmaids, mother of the bride and groom done on schedule. Makeup was flawless and lasted all night long.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2018

Beyond amazing

Where do I even start with Amanda, she is beyond kind and amazing!!! She is so talented and made me feel like a princess!! She knew exactly what I wanted and went above and beyond! I would highly recommended amanda! My makeup and hair looked so good I wish she could come to my house everyday and make me look as good as she did on my wedding day. I Also got my eyebrows -microbladed before my wedding which made it very nice on my honeymoon not having to do my makeup!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Naomi · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Amanda is amazing!!!! She styled my hair and my bridesmaids. She made us all look stunning! All communication with Amanda was super easy and fast. She makes you feel completely comfortable and listens to your wants, then carries it out. When my makeup artist bailed on me for half of my bridesmaids Amanda saved the day and brought a second person to help. I highly recommend Amanda!!!!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/14/2018

I love Amanda

Amanda is absolutely wonderful. I loved the minute I met her at the hair/makeup trial. She was super accommodating and listened to everything I wanted. I showed up with some pictures so she had an idea for what I was looking for and boy did she deliver! I couldn’t be happier. Thank you for making me look amazing for my big day.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Misty · Married on 07/07/2018

Absolutely perfect :)

I cannot stress enough how truly wonderful Amanda was on my wedding day. Amanda made the hair and makeup portion of the day so fun and easy. From the first email exchanges, to the trial, to the day of, every single interaction with Amanda was positive. She's easy to talk to, she was able to perfectly recreate an updo from just looking at a photo, and she was able to accommodate and schedule my very large bridal party. My hair and makeup as well as all 7 of my bridesmaids looked perfect for the whole day, even through the happy tears, and the 110 degree weather. I happily recommend her to anyone looking for a hair and/or makeup artist!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • not_brandi

Brandi · Married on 03/24/2018

Amanda is amazing! I hired her sort of early on in my planning process. I spent so much time looking at H&MU vendors in the Santa Barbara area, but none really impressed me. I found Amanda here on Wedding Wire and contacted her. After looking at her website and Instagram, I knew she was capable of doing what I envisioned for my big day.

I did my trial with her the weekend of my Bachelorette Party. She was thorough, listened to all my ideas, made suggestions, and worked with me to create what I had been wanting to do. She took photos and lots of notes, ensuring that she knew how to recreate the look on my big day.

On the day of the wedding, she arrived early and started setting up. She scheduled enough time for everyone, and even allowed time for last minute changes/details. She brought another makeup artist with her to help out with the services. They were both professional, fun, and made us all look beautiful.

I completely recommend Amanda Rae Beauty. She was kind, attentive, creative, and quickly responds to all emails. Which is a must for any bride!

Sent on 04/03/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2017

Amanda did my hair and makeup for my wedding reception on October 6th. She did an AMAZING job! She answered all of my questions through email before my reception day, and was extremely patient with me. I was unable to get ready at the venue we picked, so she had me go to her studio, and it worked out perfect for my schedule! She listened to me on exactly what I wanted. She would ask me questions on how I normally wear my makeup/hair, just so she knew I would feel comfortable with how I looked. She had me pick the color lipstick I wanted for my look and then sent some with me so I could touch up throughout the night (even though I didn't need to because the lipstick she used on me lasted the whole night!) I highly recommend her for your hair and makeup needs. She did a fantastic job and made me feel so pretty for my big day!

Sent on 10/23/2017

BRITTANY · Married on 07/28/2017

I used Amanda and her team for my wedding on August 19, 2017. Amanda was awesome and so easy to work with. She was very responsive, helpful, professional, and organized. She is also an amazing makeup artist and hairstylist. She made me feel at ease on my wedding day and I looked amazing! Her team was great as well and they did hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, mother in law, and flower girls. Everyone felt and looked so beautiful! I would highly recommend Amanda especially if you want quality work and someone you can rely on. She is reasonably priced and worth every penny. It was so nice to just get pampered and not have to worry about hair and makeup on such a hectic day. I had absolutely no problems at all and my hair and makeup lasted 12 hrs! Thank you so much to Amanda and her amazing team!!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Alexandria · Married on 07/07/2017

Amanda was a wonderful person to have on our wedding team. She was so friendly and professional. My make-up at the Wedding was phenomenal and I got so many compliments on it. Plus , my wedding ceremony was in the valley in July, 103 degree weather, and it still stayed on all night. Amanda also did an old Hollywood wave style on my hair and it came out so beautifully. I felt so beautiful! I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/15/2017