45 Reviews for AMANDA GILLEY PHOTOGRAPHY

Proofs (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Save the Date (2)
Matted Prints (1)

I don't even know where to begin with my review for Amanda. I just cannot say enough good things about her. She is such a gem. The original photographer we hired was a disaster but it led me to Amanda which was the best thing that ever could have happened. She is so sweet, kind, calm and easy to work with and has gone above and beyond for us. I'm just so happy with her and consider her a friend. We had a mini engagement shoot with her two weeks before our wedding which she graciously worked into her schedule and turned around the photos in just a few days so we could have prints hung in our house for our wedding festivities. I received several photo sneak peeks literally the morning after the wedding. She brought along a fellow photographer, Michael who was just as lovely as she was. I felt so comfortable with them at my wedding and they were just a delight to be around. Amanda went around and captured all the little details I wanted as well. She has a lot of experience, and knows her stuff. Everything I have received from her so far is even better than I could have ever imagined I can't wait to see the rest. Finding the right photographer can be tough because it is so important. You will have no regrets with her, she's perfect. End your search for the perfect photographer here, you've found her.

Photos
Profile Picture Marisa, 7/14/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Amanda was truly AMAZING to work with. We had "warned" her that our wedding would be very high energy and she did not disappoint. She really went above and beyond what she had to do and made the day extra special. Amanda took charge and her calm demeanor and assertiveness was absolutely perfect. During the reception she was always right in the mix right until the end of the night. I cannot wait to see all the pictures- but if our engagement pictures are any indication, then they will be beautiful!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Can I write an entire book about how wonderful Amanda is? She is one of the most genuine, thoughtful, and all the while witty and hilarious. Amanda was instrumental throughout my wedding not only in her talent for photography, but how she helped keep everything light hearted and fun. I can't count the amount of guests that had some interaction with her who came up and complimented afterwards "I love your photographer!!" She was an instant hit. I can't imagine my wedding without Amanda Gilley Photography apart of it. She was spectacular!

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event/Day

I originally was drawn to Amanda because one of my friends had her engagement pictures done with her. I saw that specific friend every day around that time and so therefore knew what she looked like very well haha. Amanda's pictures showed the best version of her ever. I also was impressed by how they were able to capture their love so well. I couldn't stop looking at the pictures.. and they weren't even of me! I basically picked Amanda for our engagement pictures before I was even engaged! When I became engaged I immediately contacted her. i was surprised to find that she would not only be able to do my local DC engagement pictures, but she would also travel 3 hours away for my actual wedding in PA without travel fees!! I set up a time to meet with her and fell in LOVE. She is the sweetest, kindest person ever (I mean she was in the Peace Corps). We immediately hit it off and she threw in deals without me even asking. Amanda killed it on our engagement photos (even the ones that she had to edit out tons of halloween decorations from). She traveled 3 hours away to see my venue and find spots for great photos months before the wedding. I was planning a very big wedding with many variables and I can say that she was the one constant that I knew (especially after seeing her amazing engagement pictures) would show up and do an amazing job. Hearing from her the night before my wedding completely put my stressed out self to ease knowing she would be there and would be so great. The day of...there was no stronger asset than Amanda. She is a tiny person with a soft voice but she commanded my group of 20 in the bridal party better than anyone. She rolled with my late schedule and was absolutely so much fun to be with. She went so far above and beyond its almost impossible to describe. I mean she even helped blow up ridiculous balloons that I wanted and helped bustle my dress when my bridesmaids forgot how to. This doesn't let me write enough to describe how amazing she is!!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

I loved, loved, loved working with Amanda Gilley. I didn't think about it before the big day but you really do spend so much time with your photographer so, you better like 'em. Amanda was perfect - unobtrusive and not awkward when she needed to take command. Every guest I've spoken to either didn't notice her or thought she was super nice. I haven't received my photos yet but when I do, I'll be sure to update her review!

Profile Picture Tyler, 9/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

As my husband and I began planning our wedding we came up with a rough budget - based on this AG Photography was at the top of the price range. When we started researching photographers that fit better into our price range we realized that there was a big difference in quality and that AG Photography was going to be well worth the higher price. AG Photography worked with us to keep the cost within our price range and still provided excellent photo coverage. Amanda Gilley herself is a pleasure to work with - she is truly interested in learning about each couple she does a wedding for which makes her photojournalistic coverage very genuine. Her photos really capture the feeling of the wedding atmosphere and don't look staged (a huge thing for me as we were considering photographers). I would highly recommend AG Photography!

Profile Picture Quinn, 5/21/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter

Amanda was a joy to work with from beginning to end! She was so professional throughout the entire process, yet so warm and friendly. Her photos are absolutely beautiful and I couldn't be happier with our choice of photographer! She made my husband and I so comfortable during our engagement and wedding photos and on our wedding day, all of our guests were raving about how wonderful she was. I can't recommend Amanda enough!

Profile Picture User5091891, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

There are not enough great things to say about Amanda! She is simply wonderful and so easy to work with! She is responsive, kind, caring, sweet, professional creative, and very talented. We were referred to her through my sister and brother in law who used her for their wedding. We could not have been happier we got that referral! We loved working with her at their wedding and knew the process would be just as great for ours. She went out of her way our wedding weekend shooting for longer hours than planned and doing it with a smile the entire time. From our engagement session up to our wedding day, we could not have asked for a better experience. What is even better is how well she got along with all of our family and guests; they felt she was a friend more than a photographer. Lastly, she was excellent in keeping to a timely schedule, while still getting all the photographs we wanted. We have already recommended her to three other couples getting married next year and look forward to using her again for our future events!

Profile Picture Roma, 8/29/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Save the Date

I absolutely love Amanda - she was by far one of our best vendors! We met with a couple photographers before Amanda but once we met with her we were sold. She is laid back and fun and really put me at ease the day of our wedding, not to mention her work is incredible. She was always responsive to emails and is very reasonably priced - especially given how amazing her work is. We absolutely love our engagement pics and the 100 or so pics we received in our preview, I cannot wait to get them all back. I know she captured our wedding perfectly. I did not notice her most of the night and did not feel she was intrusive in anyway at all. We had some issues with our day of coordination at our venue and Amanda took charge and made sure we got that photos that we needed. I would always recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a photographer - she has been fantastic!

Profile Picture Bianca, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Oh my goodness....what can't I say about Amanda! She was the best photographer to work with. She was super accommodating and very flexible. When I was looking for a photographer to capture our big day, I wanted someone who could capture the love that was present that day in their pictures (if that makes sense). From our engagement session...to our wedding day...Amanda did exactly that!

We planned to have our engagement session outside on the national mall, but the weather report kept changing and reported a chance of rain. I think I must have texted Amanda 100 times the night before trying to come up with alternative locations. It was nerve wrecking for me....but Amanda was calm and reassuring. She even stood in the rain and took a million photos while getting drenched. I was really worried about the pictures but they turned out perfect!

For our wedding day....Amanda showed up early and got great shots of me and my bridal party getting ready. And stayed with us the whole day....including the limo ride back to the hotel after the reception. The majority of the day I don't remember seeing Amanda. But she was able to get some really good pictures that captured all of the love and happiness that I felt that day. Every time I look at the pictures I fell like I'm back on my wedding day. We were also able to get a number of shots at the National Harbor after the wedding reception....and got caught in the rain again lol. Even with all of the rain....our pictures came out so beautiful. I love all of them. I really can't say enough things about Amanda....other than if you are looking for a super cool photographer who is going to capture all of the love and excitement that filled your wedding day...please book Amanda....she is the BEST!

I would definitely use her again for family photos.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Amanda is the best...that's all there is to say. She is responsive, kind, caring, sweet, creative, and talented. We loved working with her from the first time we met her at our apartment to look at her portfolio. We immediately set up a date to take engagement photos with her, and they were absolutely perfect. On our wedding day our guests didn't even notice she was there even though she was right in the middle of everything taking pictures. She was excellent in keeping to a timely schedule, and was even great with the kids. Not only would we recommend Amanda to other people, but we will definitely be hiring her again in our future.

Profile Picture User3765791, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda was the reason we had half the fun we did on our wedding day. She was absolutely phenomenal. We asked her to attend our Rehearsal Dinner to get to know our family better and my relatives thought she was part of the family! She is one of the nicest people I have met and is super talented with her camera. Every major moment of our wedding she was there capturing it without being obtrusive. Usually at weddings I hear "Hey Photographer!" a million times but we never had to tell her where to be, and she was on a first name basis with everyone there. At the Sunday Brunch after our wedding I was asked probably 15 times who our Photographer was because "she was just so cool". We are so unbelievably happy we chose her to document the entire day! The sunset was epic on our wedding and even though the temperature dropped uncharacteristically down to 30 degrees that night, the bridal party was more than happy to come back outside for her. Amanda had to be freezing the entire night but she didn't complain about it once. We plan on having her back to capture all of our major life moments!!!! Highly, highly, highly recommend her to everyone!!!

Profile Picture Annie, 10/4/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda is kindhearted, genuine, and passionate about capturing both the big and little moments and emotions on a wedding day. After just one engagement shoot with her, she already felt like family, and made my husband and me feel completely at ease. All the guests loved her. Despite the stress and craziness of the post-ceremony photo shoot and the reception, she was a calming presence and helped us take creative, fun, and romantic photos. And they really are amazing, we could not be happier. I'd trust her with my life :) Thank you Amanda!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda is an amazing photographer. Her work is more of passion than business. This is her first Indian Hindu wedding ceremony to photograph. She also took photos of my daughter's sangeet event. On both occasion she was working tireless. Did not care for the crazy long hours and typical chaos of an Indian wedding. Just focused and captured all the beautiful moments. Frankly as a father of the bride I have nor words to say how best this photographer is.

Profile Picture Prabhakar, 3/29/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda was absolutely wonderful for our wedding photography! She absolutely captured every moment of our wedding beautifully! The pictures were better then we could ever imagined. Amanda acted more as a friend for us on out wedding day. From when the bride was getting ready to the very last minute of the day she was there for all pictures. She responds very quickly to any questions or concerns you have before, during and after your wedding! My husband was diagnosed with cancer right before the wedding and in efforts to help us raise donations for his website she personally put a blog post up for us! She is so kind and helpful! We are so pleased with the outcome and would recommend her for ANYONE who has a wedding. Please book her today! We plan to do so again!

Profile Picture Kerry, 7/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda is amazing! We used her for our engagement and wedding photos and plan to use her again in the future! She fits in well with the wedding guests and captured all the great moments we hoped to have in our wedding album! She is super flexible and talented ! We get compliments all the time on all of the photos from her. We had our engagement pictures taken in a tourist/heavily populated area in a city during a festival, and you couldn't tell by the pictures! She is so creative and we can't wait to work with her again in the future!

Profile Picture Becky, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I'm going to start off this review by saying that no photographer will ever be as awesome as Amanda! She is so sweet, so laid back and easy going and is extremely talented. We emailed her picture upon picture of styles we wanted to emulate and she just that. Amanda shot our wedding invitations, our rehearsal dinner, my bridal shower and our wedding. As long as she keeps on photographing, I will never hire anyone else!

Profile Picture sadaf, 5/11/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Anyone who knows or has seen Amanda’s work, knows that she is an absolutely AMAZING photographer and extremely easy to work with! She has an amazing eye for angles and is very creative when it comes to photo ops. I love the fact that she doesn’t make all of your pictures posed like most photographers. Five stars really does not do her justice. She’s very prompt, personable, and professional not to mention that she does more than just bridal photos and she will travel. I loved working with her and will definitely be using her for any photos in the future! If you are looking for an amazing and talented photographer for your engagement, wedding, maternity, family, pets or whatever, Amanda is hands-down the best!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Honestly she is by far the best photographer in the area. She is very very sweet very calm responsive to what you want extremely patient. I Recommend her to everybody I know that has babies wedding senior pictures etc.! The best photographer in that DMV area by far!!

Profile Picture Ihda, 10/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This review is a little late (I am writing this 2 days before our 1 year anniversary) but I still feel the need to credit Amanda for capturing the best day of our lives so beautifully. We found Amanda Gilley by looking through reviews on wedding wire. Amanda has such a sweet spirit and really made us feel at ease for the entire time we worked with her. We had some unique ideas for our engagement photo session and she completely embraced our vision and helped create shots that people are still talking about.

On the day of our wedding, she and her assistant arrived early to get great shots of the details and capture lots of getting ready photos from both the bride and groom. The images she captured on that day are priceless. She was able to capture us mid air as we jumped the broom and get great action shots at the reception.

Soon after we got married, I got pregnant. Recently we hired Amanda to do our newborn photos. Once again, she did not disappoint. The pictures are gorgeous and she was very flexible with our schedule. Amanda is a gem. I’d recommend her hands down!

Profile Picture Daissan, 10/6/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amanda Gilley was wonderful to work with and really knew exactly what we were looking for. She provided our engagement photos and all of our wedding photos. Her prices were very reasonable and she was very flexible in making changes as we went. She also brought a second photographer, Karl, the day of the wedding! He was also fantastic! She followed up whenever needed so I never had to worry about this part of the planning process. The pictures for both the wedding and engagement were more beautiful than I could have imagined! Aside from all of that, she was very friendly and understanding throughout the process. She was so easy and exciting to work with and I was able to move on to the next step in the planning process once meeting her and getting our date all set up!! The thing I like the most is that Amanda seems to really invest her time in each couple she works with and doesn't overbook herself, making you wait 3-6 months for pictures. She had a preview album of 140 pictures ready for us when we returned from our honeymoon a week later! I highly recommend contacting and working with Amanda if you're looking for a reliable and exceptional photographer!!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/1/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved working with Amanda!!! She did an awesome job!! She is really sweet and her photos are beautiful.

Profile Picture Elle, 8/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the moment we met Amanda, we loved everything about her--her personality, her work, and her professionalism. We have been pleased so far with the level of work she's done. We are currently working on my wedding album with her.She did our engagement and wedding pics. She was great to work with especially since my husband and I hate taking pics. I would recommend her to everyone I know.

Profile Picture A, 6/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Five stars isn't enough to capture how amazing Amanda Gilley is as a photographer. She took two people who were not excited about being in front of the camera and put us at ease. The pictures she took were BEAUTIFUL, but more than that, she captured our personalities and the feel of the day. It's one thing to have "pretty" wedding pictures, but it's entirely another to relive the emotions of your wedding through the photography. That's what Amanda gave us.

As far as value, her rates are so reasonable that both my husband and I feel we didn't pay her enough for all she did. She'd be a bargain at three times the price.

Amanda is also the sweetest person you will ever meet. My husband and I live in Los Angeles, and whenever we need a photographer in the future, we will fly her out here. Not only because she is so fantastic as an artist, but also because we'd love to hang out with her again. By far, the very best vendor of our wedding.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/16/12, 1 Review